Work This Out

由 ASE715

BOOK 2 OF 3 SHIELD is compromised, an evil murder bot named Pinocchio, and a Civil War! How will the Avengers... 更多

Chapter 1 ~ New Years
Chapter 2 ~ Goodbye for now
Chapter 3 ~ On your left
Chapter 4 ~ This isn't freedom, this is fear
Chapter 5 ~ Surprises
Chapter 6 ~ 1:03 a.m.
Chapter 7 ~ Monster
Chapter 8 ~ Ghost Story
Chapter 9 ~ On the run
Chapter 10 ~ Algorism?
Chapter 11 ~ The Winter Soldier
Chapter 12 ~ Bucky?
Chapter 13 ~ I am damaged
Chapter 14 ~ Remember your promise to me
Chapter 15 ~ When do we start?
Chapter 16 ~ Father, daughter time
Chapter 17 ~ Big Fun
Chapter 18 ~ Birthday
Chapter 19 ~ I found it
Chapter 20 ~ Language!
Chapter 21 ~ Not worthy
Chapter 22 ~ Pinocchio
Chapter 23 ~ Speed Racer
Chapter 24 ~ Safe house
Chapter 25 ~ Whiny murder bot
Chapter 26 ~ Unspoken thing
Chapter 27 ~ Saving the world again
Chapter 28 ~ Dead girl walking
Chapter 29 ~ Showtime a-holes
Chapter 30 ~ Avengers A-
Chapter 31 ~ Rage
Chapter 32 ~ Star Spangled Man With A Plan
Chapter 33 ~ Did he just say, 'Hi I'm Scott'?
Chapter 34 ~ Candy Store
Chapter 35 ~ Beautiful
Chapter 37 ~ Go back to sleep and starve
Chapter 38 ~ Can we not fight anymore?
Chapter 39 ~ Work this out
Chapter 40 ~ I couldn't honestly give two fucks right now
Chapter 41 ~ Can't touch this
Chapter 42 ~ Criminals
Chapter 43 ~ Not the only Winter Soldier
Chapter 44 ~ We know a guy
Chapter 45 ~ Main Attraction
Chapter 46 ~ You did it, Nick Carraway
Chapter 47 ~ Did you know?
Chapter 48 ~ I'll be there
Chapter 49 ~ Detention
Chapter 50 ~ Graduation
Third Book is up!

Chapter 36 ~ Seventeen

957 17 21
由 ASE715

"I'm not going with anybody!" I yell at Natasha for the millionth time.

"There have to be some cute boys you can take to homecoming," Nat says, following after me as I walk away from her.

"Nope!" I walk into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of coke from the fridge and start chugging it as I lean against the counter.

"Not even Roy?" She asks.

I choke on my drink when she mentions his name and start coughing up a storm. Nat smiles as she enjoys seeing me die right in front of her.

"I'm glad... *cough*... t-that.... *cough* you enjoy... *cough*... seeing me die." I manage to get out through the coughs.

Nat rolls her eyes. "Stop being so dramatic. You only choked on soda."

"I could've died!" I yell dramatically.

"Now you're just changing the subject."

"What subject?" I ask, playing dumb.

"Asking Roy to hoco." I blush at the thought of it. I try to hide it, but Nat sees it anyway. "You like him, don't you?"

"We're just friends, Nat," I tell her. "And I'm not asking him to hoco."

"What if he asks you?"

I scoff. "Yeah, like he'll ever ask me."

Nat shrugs. "He will. Just watch." She says as I grab my backpack and she walks me to the elevator.

"Bet he won't."

                                                                                          ...

'Will you do me the honor and run away to hoco with me?' Is what the poster in front of me says.

Roy looks at me expectantly with a shy grin on his face. I stare in complete utter shock with my jaw drops. Peter nudges me, snapping me out of my trance and I regain my composure.

"I know it's super late, like really late, but will you?" Roy asks.

"Yes!" I jump up excitedly and wrap my arms around him, but also making sure I don't ruin the poster. Everyone around us cheers. Peter, Ned, and MJ being the loudest out of everyone.

We all sit back down and enjoy the rest of our lunch.

I nudge Peter, getting his attention. "When are you gonna ask someone to hoco?" I ask him and nod my head towards MJ since she's not looking.

Peter shakes his head and drops his voice to a whisper. "I don't think she likes me. Plus she said she's not going, said something about 'it's just people grinding on each other for three hours and that it'll be lame."

"That's the best part about hoco actually." I chuckle. "You watch all the sluts and cringy ass dancing. Maybe even record it to expose some people."

Peter laughs. "Ned and I will keep that in mind tonight. Right Ned?" Peter turns to his best friend.

"Mmm?" Ned says, looking up with a mouth full of food. "Yeah, yeah." He nods. I'm pretty sure he had no idea what Peter just said.

The rest of the day goes by really slow as usual. Sometimes I would catch Roy sneaking glances at me in the corner of my eyes, but it's probably just my eyes messing with me. I was dreading to go back to the compound because then that meant I had to tell Natasha she was right, which I don't want to admit!

Once school is over I say goodbye to everyone, even though I'm gonna see them later tonight at the dance... well except MJ of course. When I arrive at the compound, I find Natasha waiting in my room sitting on the edge of my bed.

She looks up as she hears me walk into the room. "Well...?" She asks, expectantly.

I shake my head and throw my backpack to the side. "Nope. Told you he wouldn't." I lie.

She eyes me suspiciously but then jumps off the bed. She grabs my shoulders and guides me to the bed. I sit on the edge and she grabs the flat iron. "Time to do your hair." She smiles widely.

'Oh god, kill me now.'

2 hours later

I look in the mirror at myself. I'm in a sparkly red, spaghetti strapped dress with a V-neck. I have black heels on and my hair is curled. Nat applied some blush on my cheeks and put mascara on my face too. I look at my phone on the dresser.

Only 30 minutes until homecoming.

I turn around to look at Natasha, who's grinning at me.

"Well?" I ask.

"Perfect." She says.

She makes her way over to the dresser to pack up her makeup and all her other supplies. Just then my phone dings and she looks down at it. She raises an eyebrow and takes my phone, showing me the message.

'Hey what color are you wearing so we can match?'

I quickly snatch the phone from her and look down to hide my blush.

"So... you want to tell me what that was about?" Nat asks with a smug look on her face.

I roll my eyes. "Ugh, fine! You were right. He asked me." I say to her in defeat.

"Ha! So I won the bet then!" She yells.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

I text Roy back and then look at Natasha. She looks deep in thought.

"What?" I ask her.

She doesn't answer me but looks at the ceiling instead. "FRIDAY, call everyone in here now."

"No, no, no, no, no!" I say.

"They're on their way." FRIDAY answers.

I groan and cover my face with both hands. I take my hands off my face as my door bursts open.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" Sam says, coming in with a gun ready and loaded.

Dad comes running with his shield in hand, Rhodey in his full War Machine armor, Wanda with her hands ready with red wisps, and a very confused Vision.

Sam is the first to react. "Woah." Is all he says as his eyes widen.

Everyone looks in my direction and their eyes widen as well. I look away as I feel my face heating up.

"You look so gorgeous!" Wanda squeals.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Sam asks.

I look at him and open my mouth to answer, but just then Roy comes running down the hallway with a katana in his hand, ready to fend off any enemies.

"Holy schnikes!" He says as he looks at me. His jaw drops to the floor and I swear I even saw a bit of drool coming down his face.

I look away again, my face turning a darker shade of red.

"Aww. Someone's blushing." Rhodey teases.

"To answer your question from earlier Sam. I believe (Y/n) is going with Roy." Vision says.

"Yeah, I got that Vis."

Roy looks me up and down. "Y-y-I-uh—" He looks down and I see his cheeks turn red from embarrassment. He's wearing a black suit with a red button-up shirt and a black bow tie. "You look really pretty." He says as he slowly looks up at me.

I chuckle. "You look really pretty too." I tease.

"Ooo!" Nat says and she goes in between us. "We should take photos to send to Tony and Clint." She suggests.

"Good idea!" Wanda says. "To the living room!"

Nat pushes me past Roy and out of the room with everyone else following behind us, but Roy and Dad. Nat takes pictures of me in my dress, telling me to do all kinds of poses. Dad and Roy come in a few minutes later, Roy looking a little uneasy.

I go over to him and fix his jacket and tie. "What did he say to you?" I whisper into his ear.

He shakes his head. "It was nothing."

We go to the wall where I was taking pictures before.

"Okay, so Roy I want you to stand behind (Y/n) and put your hands on her waist," Nat commands with the phone in her hand.

Roy does as he's told while I look at Dad to see him smirking at us. Roy and I smile for the picture and Nat tells us to do some other poses before she lets us go.

"You kids have fun," Dad says.

"We'll make sure to take pictures," I say as I take my heels off.

I hand the heels to Roy and then pick him up bridal style before running off to school. I place him down once we've reached the entrance.

"You are too heavy for me to keep doing that." I groan as I take my heels from Roy and put them back on. He just chuckles but doesn't say anything.

We go inside and make our way to the gym which is where homecoming is being held. We are met with loud music, blinding neon lights, and a crowd of students already dancing their asses off.

"You know I'm already regretting coming to this," I say.

Roy nods in agreement. "We should've just stayed at the compound and watched a movie."

I shrug. "Well we're here so mine as well have some fun. We should find Peter and Ned." I say and grab Roy's hand, dragging him with me.

I go straight to the food table, knowing they would be there. And of course, they are. I see Ned stuffing his face and Peter leaning against the table with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Hey, guys!" I yell over the music as I make my way to them.

"Hey (Y/n)! Hey Roy!" The two greet us.

"How you guys like the dance so far?" I ask, trying to spark a conversation.

"Oh, it's great!" Ned says with food in his mouth. "The food is so good!"

The three of us chuckle at Ned. "We can tell," Roy says and chuckles again.

The four of us stay by the food table and talk for most of the night. Of course we all had to whip out our phones to record a few things, but other than that it's been pretty chill.

Peter steps away from us, probably to use the bathroom. The next thing I know, a familiar song comes over the speaker and my eyes widen as I look at Roy to see his eyes widen too.

(Play song here)

'Fine, we're damaged

Really damaged

But that does not make us wise

We're not special

We're not different

We don't choose who lives or dies'

I look over at the DJ to see Peter standing there. We share eye contact and he winks at me before I look back to Roy as he clears his throat.

"May I have this dance?" He asks, holding his hand out for me.

I giggle as I take his hand. "Yes you may."

'Let's be normal, see bad movies

Sneak a beer and watch TV

We'll bake brownies, or go bowling

Don't you want a life with me?'

Roy excuses us from Ned as he takes me to the dance floor. I wrap my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my waist as we sway to the music.

'Can't we be seventeen?

That's all I want to do

If you could let me in

I could be good with you'

Roy and I hum along with the song as we continue to sway to the beat of the music. Ignoring everyone around us as we get caught up in the moment. We look into each other's eyes, neither of us breaking eye contact as the music still plays on. When it gets back to the chorus again, we both can't help but start singing the song aloud.

"Can't we be seventeen?

Is that so hard to do?

If you could let me in

I could be good with you!

Let us be seventeen

If we've still got the right"

"So what's it gonna be?

I wanna be with you" I sing Veronica's part and Roy sing's JD's.

"I wanna be with you"

"Wanna be with you"

"Tonight!" We both sing at the top of our lungs.

I lay my head on Roy's chest and he pulls me in closer to him. I close my eyes and smile to myself as I wait to sing the next part.

"Yeah, we're damaged"

"Badly damaged."

"But your love's too good to lose." We sing along with the song as we lower our voices.

"Hold me tighter." I sing.

"Even closer." Roy sings and does what the song says.

"I'll stay if I'm what you choose."

"Can't we be seventeen?"

"If I am what you choose..."

"If we've still got the right"

"'Cause you're the one I choose..."

"You're the one I choose..."

"You're the one I choose..." We end the song and I open my eyes to look up at Roy to see him staring down at me with adoration in his eyes.

I can feel my heartbeat quicken and my stomach does all types of turns. I see Roy start to lean in and I feel myself doing the same. We are only inches apart when my phone rings and we both jump out of each other's grasps, coming back to reality. Roy takes my phone out of his pocket and frowns at it.

"Who is it?" I ask him. He turns the phone around so I can see and I sigh, shaking my head.

'Only Clint Barton would ruin such a beautiful moment.'

You guys probably hate me after that lmao. Sorry not sorry. I have one more chapter and then Civil War starts so be prepared for that.

—ASE715

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

2.9K 27 52
Connie and Bucky are doing their best to live a peaceful life. For awhile everything is fine. Then it all comes crashing down when they are blamed fo...
92.4K 2.7K 77
So in this story, Y/N L/N has been Spider-Man for two years but all the villains and big bads could never have prepared Y/N for what's about to come...
4.1K 60 27
Flora is on the run, trying to escape her past while struggling to remember who she is. Midway through, she is joined by one who may know her better...
10.2K 178 52
Elisabeth, Libby, Rogers, though being younger, always took it upon herself to look after her often sickly elder brother. A fight in an alley brings...