Reborn

By sonnydaye

"You're even more badass than before," Caleb said, his blue eyes twinkling in amusement. - Bianca moved on, s... More

REBORN
Chapter 01|Awkward
Chapter 02|Safe
Chapter 03|King
Chapter 04|Address
Chapter 05| Butt Warm
Chapter 06| Dates
Chapter 07|Toast
Chapter 08|Ferrari
Chapter 10|Adrenaline
Chapter 11|Plan
Chapter 12|Blame
Chapter 13| Empty
Chapter 14|Feelings
Chapter 15|Popcorn
Chapter 16| Secret
Chapter 17|Basketball
Chapter 18|Denial
Chapter 19|Bothered
Chapter 20|Taken
Chapter 21|Psycho
Chapter 22|Fingers
Chapter 23|Club
Chapter 24|Relax
Chapter 25|Daddy
Chapter 26|Ruined
Chapter 27|Ice
Chapter 28|Scream
Chapter 29| Brave
Chapter 30|Tuff
Chapter 31|Frustration
Chapter 32|Pain
Chapter 33|Help
Chapter 34|Siblings
Chapter 35|Cuts
Chapter 36|Bittersweet
Chapter 37|Rope
Chapter 38|Sink
Chapter 39|Inhuman
Chapter 40|Monkeys
Chapter 41| Crawl
Chapter 42|Nostalgia
Chapter 43|Mine
Chapter 44|Dimple
Epilogue

Chapter 09| Mafia Blood

375 25 1
By sonnydaye

"My name is Rhea Rodriguez and you are in great danger."

2 DAYS EARLIER...

Bianca/Victoria P.O.V

A handsome face and a human machine.

He wasn't just muscular, he was a giant. His thick arms were coated with dark ink. He looked dangerous, and I knew he was.

He seemed about 6'4 with his black hair in a low cut and a neat beard on his chiseled face.

"Who's that?" I hear Hazel ask, but my eyes are still fixed on the man before me.

I hear Leo let out a breath and then some shuffling. "I'll go find out," I hear him say and the locks suddenly open.

My head whips towards him. "Wait! Don't go anywhere," I tell him with a serious expression on my face.

He looks at me wierdly, "why?" He asks, "do you know this guy?" He asks, nodding towards Michael who was now talking to Jasmine with a not very pleased look on his face.

"Just stay in the car, Jasmine told us too," I explain, but he doesn't look convinced.

"This guy looks no good, Victoria," he says with suspicion laced in his tone.

"Jasmine knows what she's doing, I don't, but she does. The least we can do is behave," I say looking back towards Jasmine and Michael.

"She's right," I hear Hazel say. I could tell from the looks on their faces they were heavily confused, I am too.

They keep conversing for about two more minutes before the unexpected happens.

Jasmine says something that makes him glance at our car then back at her. He then smirks before pulling out his gun and aiming it at our vehicle.

"Woah, woah, woah, is that a gun?" I hear Leo ask.

"Victoria..." I hear Hazel trail off worriedly but I don't pay them attention, I keep my eyes on Michael. I know he's trying to play some mind trick on us, that look on his face gave it away.

But why is he here? Is he taking us away? Why didn't Jasmine tell me anything?

I watch him move his aim from us towards Jasmine so I try rolling down the window slightly to hear what they're saying.

Their words are faint since they're too far away but I make out the click of the gun as it's taken off safety. A shiver runs down my spine.

He wouldn't shoot Jasmine, right?

"Fuck, what's going on Victoria?!" Leo asks and I can clearly tell he's scared for Jasmine.

"I - I don't know," I reply honestly with a low but audible whisper.

"I'm going out there," I hear Hazel say and I look at her like she were crazy.

"He has a possibly loaded gun and you have what exactly?" I ask her and she shuts her mouth. "We're defenseless, all we can do is stay low. He won't shoot her...I know he won't."

I look back at them and notice Jasmine had tensed. Michael keeps the gun aimed at her but his eyes turn swiftly towards the car and lock with mine almost immediately. Like he saw me watch him behind the tinted windows.

Then just like that, he shoots my glass window.

The glass shattered and the sudden action caused a yelp to escape my lips. I scrambled to the other side of the back seat, dodging the glass pieces.

Hazel screams and Leo yells out a curse. My eyes are wide with shock and alert while my breathing becomes louder as my heart starts to beat erratically in my chest.

I carefully brush as much of the shattered glass as I can off me and close my eyes for a few seconds to catch my breath.

"That's it, I'm calling the cops," Leo says as he clumsily searches for his phone.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, that's if you don't want a bullet between your eyes before you can leave this place," I tell him sincerely.

He looks at me in disbelief, "so what do you want me to do Victoria!? He'll kill us all!" He yells at me.

"Shut up," I reply curtly.

"Something tells me this isn't your first rodeo," Hazel says suspiciously and I can't help the chuckle that leaves my lips.

"Just... Stay low and stay quiet," I warn them. Michael is a mafia member, an experienced, unpredictable and dangerous one.

I slowly lean towards the bursted window and try to dust off the glass on the seat without getting my hands cut.

I peep through and find Jasmine glaring holes into Michael's head as he gives her a sly grin.

Immediately after my head comes into view both their eyes meet me and I swallow.

"What's wrong Bianca? I could tell you wanted to listen so I just made it easier for you," he says to me playfully. His face holding an insane and dark look.

I narrow my eyes at him, that's Michael alright.

"Who's Bianca?" I hear Hazel ask. "Be careful Victoria, you're too close he'll hurt you."

I don't listen to Hazel's warning and remain where I am.

I watch as he makes Jasmine fall to the ground with a swift move of his legs.

She grunts as her back hits the concrete ground. He placed one foot on her stomach and aims the gun at her head.

What the fuck is he doing.

I quickly bring myself out of the car ignoring the other's yells to stay in. Now is the time to come out.

I walk towards Michael slowly and keep my eyes between him and Jasmine.

"Isn't it the famous Bianca Rodriguez, settling well into your new life I see?" He says with a mischevious smile and removed his foot from above Jasmine letting her get back to her feet.

Jasmine comes beside me. "Why are you here?" I ask him.

He twirls the gun on his index finger as if bored and locks his brown eyes with mine, "it's quite funny really, thinking you can just kill two gang leaders and think you're off the hook. Once in a gang, always in a gang. There is NO backsies," he says the last sentence like he's talking to a child which makes me narrow my eyes at him.

"One, that wasn't my question. And two, I didn't get a choice into the illegal world, so it doesn't coun-"

"That's the thing Bianca Rodriguez, you don't have a choice. You have mafia blood, you were born in this fucked up world. No amount of suicide attempts can change that."

"I'm not like that anymore."

"I can tell, you seem stronger, more stable I presume," he says as he gives me a once over. "But you have your triggers, your memories...your scars," he briefly glanses at my wrist and I shift uncomfortably. How does he know so much?

"Shut up Michael," Jasmine says, obviously annoyed.

Michael smirks and walks closer to us, I fight the urge to step back. "Why? I'm just...trying to get to know your little friend," he says as he circles us like a predetor.

"I'm not litt-"

"My point is that you are going back to your gang," he says.

I frown, "no."

He chuckles and twirls a finger round my short hair. "Like I said, you don't have a choice. You are mafia blood."

"I - I'm not even a good gang membered, I can't fight," I point out.

"And then who killed that man at the library?" He asks and I stiffened slightly as he stops behind me and trails a cold finger up and down the back of my neck.

"I really can't, I just got lucky," I tell him truthfully.

"You are a Rodriguez and the daughter of two of the late but powerful people in 30 states. It's in your blood, you are insane, just like your daddy," he says and I feel his breath on my skin, Jasmine doesn't speak from beside me. "All you need is a little training, from what I saw from that footage, from the way you stabbed that man, I know you liked it, even the littlest bit."

My mind goes back to that day, I do remember the small feeling of satisfaction that tingled my skin. It disgusted me, but it was there.

"I just want protection till all of this is over," I tell him.

"I will give you that, but under one condition. You come back to your world, your home."

"I'm not going back," I say firmly.

"Then I guess you wouldn't mind dying. Hades doesn't have an ounce of Mercy for your innocent little arse," he says and walks back infront of me.

I swallow at his words, I don't want to die. "But-"

"You asked for my protection didn't you? It comes with a price."

"Why not money?" I ask him.

He laughs, "this is worth more than your money, trust me."

I bite my lip, "but - but this isn't fair. All I've ever wanted is a simple life. That's why I left in the first place, and now I have to go back?" I tell him helplessly.

He shakes his head, "tsk, tsk, tsk. Don't you listen angelita? Once in a gang, always in a gang, till death do you part," he says, "so, what's your choice?"

Do I even have to think about it much, it's quite clear. Die or go back, and Lord knows I don't want to die, but if I go back...

"I-" I don't finish and turn to Jasmine who is staring at the ground and wait for an answer from her.

"Don't look at Jasmine, she already made her choice," Michael says gaining my attention.

My mouth falls open slightly and I try to ignore the pang of hurt in my chest. She made a choice as serious as that without me? She was ready to save herself and leave me.

I clench my teeth in an attempt to hold back my anger.

I hate betrayal.

"Fine. I'll go back," I tell him with one breath. I don't have time to think about it, and if it's the only thing that'll keep me alive I'll have to go with it for now.

He sends me a tight smile, "good girl," he cheers. "I hope you're ready because we're leaving now."

I glance at Jasmine and notice her eyes looking anywhere but at me. She knows exactly what she did. Bitch.

Fuck friendship.

"Yh, let's go," I tell him still glaring at her.

He crosses his muscular arms and tilts his head before raising his gun towards the sky and firering a bullet.

I flinched at the loud sound and looked around me, was that a signal?

Almost immediately, three motorcycles and one car pulled up at the alleyway with all the men dressed in black.

Two men walked out of the car and stood behind Michael. I recognized them as the men in the restaurant.

I knew it.

"What now?" Jasmine asks annoyed. She looked embarrassed, like she wanted everything over and done with.

"You don't think I'm going to let your lover friends go do you?" He says with an insensitive pout.

My eyes narrow, "leave them alone."

He narrows his eyes himself and I hold my breath, he looked pretty terrifying.

"They've seen too much, they're coming with us, " he says with a firm voice.

"But they didn't ask too, they won't say anything, I pro-"

"Bianca-" Jasmine interrupts but I cut her off.

"They have lives and families-"

Michael growls in irritation, "I said, they are coming with us. And that is final," he says. With a flick of his wrist the men behind go to retrieve them. "I won't hurt them, don't worry. As long as they don't give problems."

At least he's not killing them, which is what almost any mafia member would do in his case.

The two men in black threatened my friends out of the car with guns in their hands, I notice tears fall out of Hazel's eyes.

"What's going on?! Are we being rubbed?" I hear her cry. Michael laughs at her words.

Leo holds her hand without saying anything and one of the men yells at them to separate themselves.

"Hey! Don't yell at them," I tell him, gaining their attention. Leo stares at me straight in the eye with the worst glare I've ever seen his kind soul give anyone and my heart cracks.

I hear Jasmine sigh and grab my hand, leading me to walk in Michael's direction.

"Don't touch me," I growl at her and snatch my hand away. "You're dead to me, fucking liar," I say as I walk past her and into the black Ferrari.

--------

AN

Another update!? What??

Thanks for your support throughout. Even through broken!

Stay safe and stay at home!

Lots of love

Elizi ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 86 29
γ€ŠMade by the attempts to escape the shackles of her past...a girl learns to use love as a pawn in her vindictiveness and vindication. There is a dan...
33.1K 971 130
"Death is too lenient if I am to pay you back for what you did to me. I won't kill you, instead, I will make you seek for death; a death you will nev...
15.8K 828 19
"I'll not hesitate to kill him. Because if he can't be mine I won't let him be yours. Be careful." Her words made my breath hitched. But I have to st...
4.4M 100K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...