Against Fate (Eternal Love of...

By JOYHYT

This is a 'Modern Love Story' fanfiction based on Eternal Love of Dream drama series/Ten Miles Pillow Book No... More

Against Fate - Introduction
1. Reincarnation
2. Who are you?
3. Invisible
4. Repayment
5. Realization
6. Jealousy
7. Enough is enough
8. Confrontation
9. Moving On
10. Friendship
11. New Beginning
12. Starting Over
13. Back To Square One
14. Guardian Angel
15. Who am I?
16. Keeping It A Secret
17. Forgetting
18. Love Rival
19. Concealment
20. Cohabitation
21. The First Night
22. Getting Closer
23. Movie Night
24. Dreams
25. A Small Gathering
26. Stranger Danger
28. Truth Hurts
29. Staying Strong
30. Dilemma
31. Facing Your Fears
32. Sports Meet
33. Lasting Impression
34. Curiosity
35. Beach Day
36. Kindness Pays Off
37. Hot Springs
38. Taking Back What's Mine
39. Rumours
40. Evil Plans
41. Protectors
42. New Colleagues
43. Harem
44. Creating Opportunities
45. Gossip Duo
46. Mrs. Claus
47. Plan C-offee
48. Knight In Shining Armour
49. Fighting My Own Battles
50. Journey to the 'Art Gallery'
51. The Art Of Jealousy
52. The Game Has Begun
53. The Final Winner
54. True Feelings
55. Confessions
56. Promises
57. What Goes Around Comes Around
58. Reassurance
59. Birthday Dinner
60. Slumber Party
61. Misunderstandings
62. Coffee, Tea or Me?
63. Love Cuisine
64. Plan F-ish
65. Battle Of The Designers
66. False Rumours
67. Designers VS Presidents
68. A Pleasant Surprise
69. Stepping Back
70. Secret Santa
71. Christmas Eve
72. A Blessing In Disguise
73. All I Want For Christmas Is You
74. Baking Up Some Love
75. Christmas Bromance
76. Heavenly Cookies
77. Su Moye Saves The Day
78. Pick-up Chicks 101
79. The Escape Plan
80. New Year's Eve
81. Taking Responsibilities
82. The Hangover
83. Fireworks
84. Unofficially Dating
85. Straight From The Horse's Mouth
Author's Note
86. Get One's Wires Crossed
87. The Tea Trio
88. Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining
89. Another One Bites The Dust

27. Back To Reality

1.4K 49 25
By JOYHYT

"Feng Jiu, you're finally awake! Are you feeling better now?"

Cha Cha and Cheng Yu arrived early in the morning and waited for Feng Jiu to be awake.

"How is Dong Hua and Ye Qingti?!" Feng Jiu immediately sat up and tried to get off the bed.

"Stay in bed, Feng Jiu! You shouldn't be walking around now. Dong Hua is still unconscious, and Lian Song is with him now. Si Ming is checking up on Ye Qingti as well." Cheng Yu replied.

"No, I have to go and take care of them now! Don't stop me!" Feng Jiu struggled to get out of bed, but she was unable to do so because her right leg was in a cast.

"See! You can't even take care of yourself, how can you take care of them? Eat something first!" Cheng Yu exclaimed.

"Fine... I'll eat something first so that I'll recover faster."

Cha Cha then took out the porridge that she prepared for Feng Jiu.

The police came in shortly to take down Feng Jiu's statement, regarding the car accident.

The driver got away, but they were still actively investigating the case. They also updated her on the previous attack, and they were guessing that these two cases were linked.

They already have a suspect as to who was behind those attacks. No arrests had been made yet, due to insufficient evidence. It was confidential as to who was the suspect, but Feng Jiu suspected Miao Luo to be the mastermind.

The police left after they took down the necessary information from Feng Jiu.

----------------------------------------

On the other side, Dong Hua seems to be slowly waking up.

"Dong Hua, you're finally awake. We were so worried about you!" Lian Song exclaimed.

Lian Song then noticed that Dong Hua's facial expression looked different; it was cold as ice.

"Ouch. My head hurts. What happened?" Dong Hua lightly touched his head, which was covered in bandages.

"You suffered a minor head injury, and the doctor said it would take some time to recover." Lian Song replied.

"Oh. I remembered getting attacked by someone. It happened when I was about to get into my car, to head home after work.

"Wait...? After work? What do you mean, Dong Hua?"

Lian Song was confused, as he thought Dong Hua was hit by an ongoing car.

"Well, I was working late one night, and I got attacked by someone. He swung a huge tree branch at my head, and that was the last thing I remembered. Did they catch the attacker yet?"

Lian Song was shocked and confused. He didn't know what was going on, so he asked more questions.

"Do you remember anything else? Do you remember who is Feng Jiu?"

"Feng Jiu? Isn't she an intern working in our company? Oh yes, I remember now, she saved me from the attack. Is she doing okay?"

"Intern...?" Lian Song immediately realized that something was wrong. He ran out of the room and called for the doctor.

----------------------------------------

The doctor came to check on Dong Hua and sent him for further tests. It appeared that when Dong Hua hit his head against the curb, the blood clot in Dong Hua's brain miraculously disappeared.

Lian Song didn't know if he should tell Feng Jiu about it. Then he called Si Ming to come over.

"Oh, it's Si Ming. What are you doing here? I have not seen you in a long time." Dong Hua casually asked. 

"Dong Hua, do you remember what happened to you?" Si Ming calmly asked.

"I remembered getting hit on the head."

Dong Hua then turned to look at Lian Song.

"How is Tai Chen Group doing, Lian Song?"

"You remembered Tai Chen Group?" Lian Song was still in shock.

"Of course, why would you even ask such a stupid question?" Dong Hua replied in a cold and stern voice.

"You don't remember what happened these few weeks?" Lian Song replied.

"Why do you both keep asking if I remembered anything? Wait...! I'm unconscious for that long? Tai Chen Group must be in trouble. Call for the higher management team to come to the hospital now, for an emergency meeting."

"But you just woke up, Dong Hua! You need to rest." Lian Song exclaimed.

"Do as I say." Dong Hua replied sternly.

Lian Song and Si Ming walked out of the ward, and they both felt helpless. They didn't know how to tell Feng Jiu the truth, as she would be devastated.

It seems that Dong Hua remembered everything except for Feng Jiu, and all the times that they spent together.

----------------------------------------

Lian Song and Si Ming visited Feng Jiu, but she was taking a nap.

Then they told Cheng Yu and Cha Cha about Dong Hua's situation. They were all worried about how she would react to this news, but they knew that they couldn't keep it from her.

"How is Dong Hua?! Is he awake yet?!" Feng Jiu anxiously asked after she woke up from her nap.

"Dong Hua is awake, but...." Si Ming frowned and looked stressed.

"He's awake?! I need to see him now! Help me get up, Cha Cha!"

Lian Song then shook his head and looked at Feng Jiu.

"Why are you both looking so glum? Did something happen to Dong Hua?!" Feng Jiu anxiously exclaimed.

"Feng Jiu, we have bad news for you... Dong Hua doesn't remember anything."

"What do you mean by that? What did he not remember?!"

"He doesn't remember... you."

Feng Jiu was distraught, and she murmured under her breath, "I don't believe a word you say."

Then she got agitated and yelled, "I need to go see Dong Hua now! Please! I don't believe that he forgot all about me. Once he sees me, he would remember me!"

Everyone tried to calm her down, but it was of no use. Feng Jiu struggled to get up from her bed, and she didn't care about the pain on her right leg.

"Let me go. I just want to see Dong Hua. Please, just let me go visit him....." Feng Jiu was sobbing uncontrollably by this point.

They couldn't bear to see her so upset, so they agreed to let her visit Dong Hua. They got Feng Jiu a wheelchair and pushed her to Dong Hua's ward.

----------------------------------------

Upon reaching the ward, they realized that Dong Hua transferred to the "Deluxe Suite" ward upstairs.

"Deluxe Suite...? Dong Hua really remembered everything...? I won't believe it until I see him." Feng Jiu thought to herself.

Before they reached Dong Hua's suite ward, Feng Jiu told everyone, "Can you guys wait for me here at the lift lobby? I want to visit Dong Hua alone, please."

Then she wheeled herself towards Dong Hua's suite.

"Sorry, miss, you're not allowed in here. Only authorized people are allowed to enter. We are just following orders." The bodyguards who were standing outside Dong Hua's suite tried to stop Feng Jiu from entering.

"Dong Hua! Dong Hua! It's me, Feng Jiu. Let me in!" Feng Jiu then started to shout Dong Hua's name.

Dong Hua was having a meeting with the higher management team, and they were interrupted by Feng Jiu's loud voice.

"What is that sound?" Dong Hua asked.

"I'll go take a look."

Ji Heng walked out of the room and she saw Feng Jiu.

Both of them were shocked beyond words, and they stared at each other without saying a word.

"Why is Feng Jiu here?!" Ji Heng silently thought to herself.

"Ji... Ji Heng? Why is she here?! Dong Hua really remembered everything?!" Feng Jiu thought to herself.

After a moment of silence, Feng Jiu said loudly, "Where is Dong Hua? I want to see him!"

Ji Heng immediately replied, "Stop yelling! We are in the middle of an important meeting now. Dong Hua just woke up, and he has important things to settle. Stop being such a nuisance and leave now."

Ji Heng then shut the doors on Feng Jiu's face and went back into the ward.

"Who was it at the door, Ji Heng?" Dong Hua asked.

"Oh, it's just a random person, trying to make a scene. I will inform the nurse to not let any strangers come near the ward. Let's continue with the meeting now."

----------------------------------------

The day that Feng Jiu feared the most, finally arrived. Dong Hua remembered everything, including Ji Heng. She was devastated to know that Dong Hua forgot all about her.

Feng Jiu slowly wheeled herself towards the lift lobby. She didn't utter a word or looked at anyone.

"Feng Jiu! Feng Jiu! Where are you going?!" Cheng Yu exclaimed, upon noticing Feng Jiu zoning out.

"Back to my ward..." Feng Jiu's face was blank and expressionless.

"What happened, Feng Jiu?!" Cheng Yu shook Feng Jiu's shoulders, trying to wake her up from her daze.

"Nothing." Feng Jiu then continued her way back to her ward.

At this moment, Lian Song noticed Ji Heng and the rest of the management team coming out from Dong Hua's ward. Then he nudged everyone to look in his direction. They instantly had an idea about what was happening.

Cha Cha and Cheng Yu then quickly ran after Feng Jiu.

----------------------------------------

"Leave me alone." Feng Jiu hid under her blanket, refusing to talk to Cha Cha and Cheng Yu.

"We are worried about you, Feng Jiu!" Cheng Yu exclaimed.

".........."

"Feng Jiu! Just talk to us!" Cheng Yu pushed Feng Jiu to talk again.

".........."

"Let her have some time to herself. We will visit her tomorrow." Cha Cha convinced Cheng Yu to leave.

"Okay, we will leave now. Call us if anything comes up."

Cha Cha and Cheng Yu then left the hospital, leaving Feng Jiu alone.

Feng Jiu immediately burst into tears and started weeping uncontrollably.

"Dong Hua is gone. I knew that this day would come, but I never expected it to be this painful. He remembered Ji Heng and forgot all about me. What should I do now? I'm so naive to think that this would last forever. My heart hurts so badly."

Feng Jiu curled up into a cradle position and hugged her knees to her chest. Tears kept falling from her swollen eyes, and she passed out from exhaustion due to all the crying.

Dong Hua, I used to think that my unrequited love for you, hurts me the most.
But now I realized that it was way more painful to lose you after having felt your love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.7K 1.4K 23
Many years after Ye Hua's revival and his reunion with Qian Qian... Qian Qian's niece Feng Jiu desperately in love with the former Earth and Heaven G...
471K 24.3K 172
This story is about the birth and development of the best friendship between Donghua Dijun and his little fox. In my re-imagined story, I am attempt...
5.4K 286 24
This story starts with Bai Qain's wedding. Where donghua meets Bai Fengjiu for the first time. Suddenly one-day Donghua and Fengjiu transfer to an un...
15.3K 677 26
When Fengjiu goes into the Mortal realm for Dijun for the first time. The world is different from what we know. They persecute people who use magic...