Masked Love

By insomvane

Every continent has adapted to the 21st century except Europe whose has held onto her old values and ways, in... More

Masked Love
Masked Love 2
Masked Love 3
Masked Love 4
Masked Love 5
Masked Love 7

Masked Love 6

1.3K 46 18
By insomvane

==============

I'm so sorry for the long wait! It's been like 2 months!! I must say that is just shameful. x((( Please forgive me!!!! Like I had explained on my about me, my laptop broke and my friend Aquastars put that on my message board! So yeah I'm doing this next chapter on my iPod and from there I upload it to wattpad which I have as an app! That's how I read people's amazing stories, if they ask me to.....

So I am dedicating this chapter to Aquastars for begging me to upload the next chappie(and it's the only way she'll upload her story. Blackmail, I tell you.) Anyways thanks for the comments and votes on chapter five! All of you are frigging awesome!!!!! =))

please vote and comment!!

===============

Recap:

I don't know how long I was asleep but it was something sharp and full of sting that made across my face, that woke me up.

"You bitch!"

Chapter 6-Castle Arrest

I was baffled. Full of shock!! And naked!

If not for that fact, I would've back-slapped the girl. The nerve of Paris!

"Paris! What is your problem?!" I asked, venom creeping into my voice. Paris pursed her lips and crossed her arms defiantly.

"What is your problem! You kicked the Prince in his private part! What are you, sick?!" Paris's icy eyes could've sent chills down any other girl's body she was yelling at but it didn't do her any good doing it to me.

Luckily there was a towel rack close to the tub and I grabbed a peach-colored one. Paris turned around and I quickly stood up, wrapping my towel around my body.

"Paris, you have got to be kidding me! You don't know me! I coul-ugh! You slapped me! I could kill you right now!" I stepped out the tub and Paris turned back around, a smirk tugging at her red lips.

"Do it."

I wanted to scream. Back in New York, I would've punched her straight in the nose. But as much as I would like to hate Paris and hurt her, I couldn't. It was a mutual feeling I shouldn't have been getting at a time like this.

"Actually, there will be no killing tonight." The same woman who led the train down the stairs walked into the bathroom, her gray dress flattering her every curves.

"I was sent here on account of the King and the Prince. In case we haven't been aqquainted, I am Celia and I will be your Mistress along with the other girls, now and after the Circle is called. The Prince is, I must say, is furious. While the King finds this amusing." Celia crossed her arms and took me in with distate.

Did I dare ask? But I wanted to know how the Queen thought about this. Did all my chances of meeting her get washd away by my actions? "What about the Queen?"

Celia's story eyes flashed with something. Was that favorable reception? "She...um....actually found your actions....," Celia stiffened, "interesting."

My heart jumped into my pants which was kind of ironic concerning the fact I didn't have any on. She actually approved of my actions? Okay, Celia didn't say that but she did in different words.

"But that doesn't stop the consequences you earned yourself," Celia added quickly. I raised my eyebrows. I hadn't even thought about the consequences I would recieve. I didn't even think I would get caught. The Prince was a....snitch!!

Paris hmphed and I swallowed the urge to scratch her lips off her face.

"Okay. What are they?" My legs started to itch as they dried up. Celia opened her mouth, about to speak when a thought occured to me. "Hol-Wait! What are we going to sleep in?I mean all I saw in the closet were dresses."

Irritation crossed Celia's face and took over her features. Out the corner of my eyes I saw Paris hide her mouth behind her hand as she tried to stifle her laughter.

"They are brought in strictly at twelve midnight, right when the Ball ends and the girls are retiring to their room. Now please do not go off topic again," Celia said, sternly. I nodded, unsure of what I should do but it pleased Celia since she continued.

"You will be put under house arrest for the next four nights of the Ball. Any chances of you making it into the Circle is kapoof, gone." With that Celia turned around but I ran in front of her and put myself in front of her.

She had made a very big mistake. "Wait, Mistress or Celia or whatever. You said 'house arrest' but that's wrong. It's 'castle arrest'. Get it?" I didn't know what was going on with me. I was in a such mood to make jokes. It was that slap.

Celia rolled her eyes in disbelief and walked past me, exiting the room.

Wait, so I was under castle arrest for the next four days. That meant no Ball and no Prince! It seems as if the odds were in my favor! But it turned out not to be. I ignored Paris who wore a self-satisfied smirk. How bad could castle arrest be?

-------------------------

Turns out castle arrest was horrible. And when Celia said house(though I am pretty sure she meant castle) arrest she realy meant it. I was never put under house arrest, nonetheless castle arrest but I didn't know it was this bad.

I had assumed it was just don't go to the Ball and stay in your room for the two hours it lasted but it was all day. During the day, the girls were allowed to explore the castle-grounds or go out while I had to stay in my room. And when breakfast or lunch was served in the Grand Hall, my food was brought upstairs to me. And I had a roommate who practically hated, not that I really cared about that, me. It was horrible. And there was nothing to do. Absolutely nothing!

I didn't have my iPod or any book and sleep decided it would only come to me at nighttime so I couldn't count on that for naps. Only thing I could do was shower, try on dresses(which I didn't do) and look out the window which had the same view except at nighttime the streetlights came on. I once tried escaping through the doors but I found the sliding doors locked.

But things took a change of events when Paris spoke to me for the first time in the four days I was under castle arrest when I was laying down, staring up at the ceiling while she got ready for lunch.

"Celia says I have the choice on whether to bring you along to lunch today, since it is the last day of the Ball," she bragged.

Whoop-de-do, I thought, studying the intricate designs on the ceiling. Each day I tried to spot something new or different about the twirling design but I had no such luck.

"Okay."

Paris continued. "And I chose to."

"To what?" I asked, in fear of her next answer.

"To bring you. You know to the lunch," She said, nonchalantly. I sat up and looked at her, narrowing my eyes. "But here's the catch. On the last day of the Ball, the Prince gets to choose one girl he liked to accompany him for lunch with his family. And he chose me!"

"What!" I was incredulous. I slid off my bed, this time, determined to kill her. Paris must've saw this because a glint of evilness sparked in her eyes.

"And I have the choice to bring you or leave you." Paris slid on a pair of gloves calmly. "In this case, Celia had to contemplate about this. I still get to choose though." she mused.

I widened my eyes in disbelief. Who knew a girl could be so.....evil? "Paris," I started calmly, "Please choose to leave me."

Who would've thought I would beg to stay in the room when I had been dying to get out. But I would do anything to not see the dreadful Prince!

Paris gave me a simpering smile. "I already made up my mind. Put on a dress but let it be simple. I can't have you out-shining me!"

Paris's eyes were merciless. My mouth dropped open and Paris tapped her wrist like an invisible watch snaked around it. "The Prince will be here to pick us up in about eight minutes. You should probably hurry."

I should've probably sat back on the bed and crossed my arms stubbornly but I was well-known for pride and I didn't regret what went down four nights ago. I was going to go sit in the Grand Hall with the Prince and his family and Paris and show them I meant business.

In the next six minutes, I had put on a simple sky-blue dress that stopped at my calves, which luckily didn't show any cleavage and aquamarine-colored flats. I pulled my ratty hair(which hadn't been done to the account of my castle arrest) into a somewhat sleek ponytail and left my face clear of make-up.

Paris crinkled her nose in disgust and I shrugged. Then someone knocked on the door.

My heart skipped no beats but started to beat rapidly and so loud I thought the person knocking could hear it.

Paris smiled knowingly. "Come in!" She twittted and the sliding doors opened up.

In walked Prince Jacques and...Prince Tristan.

Jack

"Come in!" Paris chirped in a sing-songey voice. I don't know why I chose Paris out all of people especially when she had the choice to bring her roommate Belle who I wanted to kill and kiss at the same time.

Maybe it was the fact that I hoped she would choose to bring Belle. Though the girl kicked the part that dignified my sexuality, she was still intriguing.

Tristan saw that I wasn't going to open the doors so he sighed and slid them open, revealing both Paris and Belle. Both who were dressed for lunch.

So Paris chose for Belle to come but why, I wondered. Paris wanted me and that was pretty obvious and made it clear that she hated Belle(she told me she slapped her), so why did she choose to bring her along?

"Good afternoon Paris and....Belle. I am assuming you chose to bring Belle along, am I right?" Tristan bowed his head slightly while asking Paris directly who stood up defiantly before returning Tristan's bow with a slight curtsy.

Paris nodded. "Yes I did. And good afternoon to you, my highness." Paris looked straight at me and gave me a knowing look though I had no idea what it meant.

"Good afternoon to you too Paris. And Belle," My eyes flickered to Belle who wore a nice shade of blue-colored dress that complimented her complexion. Her face was completely emotionless.

Belle didn't answer and the tension was so thick you couldn't cut it with a knife. I almost laughed at that but that's when Belle said something.

"Hey. 'Sup Tristan?" Absolutely no way to greet a Prince but it seemed natural coming from her.

I noticed Tristan smile and how his aqua-shaded eyes lit up into a lighter hue. Three nights ago he confided in me on how he thought since Belle probably hated me and guessed she didn't want anyting to do with him or me. Relief was probably draining out that doubt.

"Hey Belle. How's house arrest been?" To have Tristan have such a normal conversation with Belle made me ping-pong with jealousy. And so out there you would think they knew each forever.

Belle's eyes fluttered over to me and shrugged, returning her gaze to Tristan. "Not bad. Good thing today's the last day, right?"

Tristan chuckled and I watched how Paris cheeks turn a tint of pink. She was probably regretting inviting Belle. "I guess."

"Well I'm famished! Shall we go eat?" Paris cut in, her voice etched with annoyance.

I nodded quickly. "We shall."

What Tristan did next surprised me. He walked over to Belle and bent his right arm, closing his fist. Belle cocked her slightly and smiled. She completed the link and looked over at me.

She pursed her lips in a You-don't-scare-me way.

Well that was about to change I thought, while making my way to Paris who I linked arms with.

Let the games begin.

============

Was that way out of line? Did it make sense? Sorry it was so short. I wanted to write more and no I'm not grounded this time, mind you, but it's 1:43 AM and I want to watch some TV. Zeke and Luther is showing at 2. (I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!) So as long as I have my iPod, I should be uploading either on Wednesdays, Fridays or Sundays. It depends on which one I finish the chapter. =]

Comment and Vote please!

============

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288 99 17
It talks about a common love story Hate and Love. But in this one there is something special. It talks about Laura the 18 years old girl and a Luise...
35.6K 2.6K 34
2023 December Book of the Month @CupidOnTour @WattpadSeries General Fiction Feature JUNE 2023 @HistoricalFiction 'Rise of Civilization' Reading List...
2.4K 400 31
When best friends Claire and Jo wake up trapped in a fantasy romance novel, Claire thinks it's a dream come true while Jo knows it's her worst nightm...
9.3K 260 27
Isabella Shields was supposed to be many things. To graduate college and become a CSI to take after the steps of her grandfather. To one day find a g...