Reckless Love

By aloeveraforever

When Julia finds out she has to marry the billionaire Jared Cunning, her life turns upside down.Both of them... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
** Authors Note **

Chapter 5

10.9K 230 59
By aloeveraforever

"So you're engaged to one of the Untouchables huh," Tim said as we entered my bedroom.

I groaned and shut the door. 

"I'm not," I said as I dropped my bag on the desk.

Tim jumped on the bed and turned on the television. "Is this you lying to yourself again?"

"I'm not lying to myself."

"Mhm."

"I'm going to go freshen up. Linda will bring some snacks in a while," I said while entering the rest room. 

After taking a shower and changing my clothes, I walked into the bedroom to find Tim eating a sandwich by the desk, flipping through pages of a book. 

"I see you made yourself comfortable."

"Indeed," he said as he scribbled something in this notebook.

"Can I request something from you?" I asked, changing the channel on the television.

"I don't know if I can fulfill your request but please, ask away."

"Can you not tell Serra about what you heard today."

He stopped writing and looked up at me. 

"Why? If you don't tell her sooner, she'll be mad when she finds out later. Don't you agree?"

I looked away from him and looked out the window.

"I know I'm being unfair, but I don't want anyone to know. Maybe I can get my parents to change their mind."

He scoffed and went back to his work. "Julia, I've met your parents. They're not going to change their mind."

"I don't want this. I don't want to marry Jared. I can't believe out of all people, it had to be him," I sighed, taking a seat next to him.

He let out a chuckle and gave me a smile. "I was surprised too but hey, at least he drives a nice car."

I smacked his shoulder as he let out a laugh. "Don't joke like that Timothy. It doesn't suit you."

"You know I'm right Juliana."

I gave him a shrug. "Whatever. Lets start on the project."

*

The next day, I awoke late and missed first and second period. Pulling into the student parking lot, I used the back entrance undetected and ran to the library for third period. 

Tim and Asher were seated already, discussing something between themselves.

"Hey guys," I said as I plopped down in a chair.

They all smiled and gave me a wave.

"Where's Serra and Will?" I asked as I opened my book bag to take out a notebook.

"Will has a meeting with his counselor," Asher said absentmindedly. 

"No idea where Serra is ," Tim murmured.

That's weird, Serra and Tim were always together. 

"She's not here again today?"

"I don't know. I sent her a message but she never replied."

A loud girlish laugh rang from somewhere in the room just as I was about to reply. 

Looking up, I saw Serra talking to Anna Rosenberg and her group of friends. 

"No way!" I exclaimed as I glanced in their direction.

"What's wrong?" Tim said as he looked at me in confusion.

When he looked at the direction I was glancing, he let out a gasp. 

Asher also turned. 

"Why's she talking to her?" Tim asked with a frown. 

"We're about to find out when she comes over," I muttered, gritting my teeth. 

About a minute later, Serra came to the table, but she didn't come alone. 

Behind her, Anna Rosenberg and her friends trailed close, an evil smirk on their faces. 

"Hey guys," Serra said awkwardly as she took a seat next to me. 

"Hey Serra, you're looking well," I said sarcastically. 

"Uh yeah. I've always been well," she said with a smile. 

"Juliana was it?"

Turning towards the voice, I frowned at Anna and her clique.

She gave me an aloof look but continued talking. "So there's some news regarding you spreading around the school."

"Oh really?" I asked, leaning in my chair, a dull look on my face. "And what would that be?"

"You and your low-life friend were seen getting into Jared Cunning's car yesterday after school."

My face held a blank expression. 

"What!" Serra said from beside me. "Is that true?" she questioned, a look of surprise plastered on her face.

Ignoring Serra, I crossed my arms in front of my chest and looked towards Anna. 

"What's it to you?"

She let out a fake laugh.

"What's it to me you ask? Well for starters, Jared and I are dating. He's such a nice guy, he even offered you a ride home. But I'm warning you, stay away from him. He's mine," she seethed in anger. "Understood?"

"Crystal clear!" I responded with a smile. 

She flipped her hair and left the table, her group of friends following her. 

Ugh, what a bitch!

"You two have a lot of explaining to do!" Serra exclaimed from beside me. 

"You also have a lot of explaining to do!" I said, banging my hand on the table.

"Julia, chill!" Tim muttered but I ignored him. 

"Why did you and Tim go home with Jared? Last I checked, you hated him!" she asked, a frown appearing on her face.

"Last time I checked, you hated Anna Rosenberg yet five minutes ago, you were with her, laughing your ass off," I retorted, sending her an angry glare. 

"I bumped into her and then we got into a conversation. That's all that happened."

"Oh okay, well Jared bumped into me and then we got into a conversation and somehow got into his car. That's all that happened," I said, rolling my eyes. 

There's no way she's telling the truth.

"I don't believe you!" she bellowed.

"Well I don't believe you!" I wailed. 

"Girls, this is the library. Be quiet"

We both quieted down as the librarian glared at us.

"I thought you two were best friends and told each other everything," Asher suddenly said, breaking the tension. 

"I thought so too," I muttered, throwing Serra a glare. 

"Oh will you please stop. It's not my fault she's more interesting and nicer than you!" Serra sharply said. 

Tim let out a gasp and I just sat there shocked. 

I turned to her and burst out laughing. "Wow, is that really what you think?" 

She stared at me with an angry glare and then responded. 

"Yes, I skipped school with her yesterday. She's actually really cool and a much nicer person than you!"

"Oh really?" I asked astonished. "I thought you were very ill."

"I was perfectly well. I just didn't want to spend another minute with you and your pessimistic, bitchy attitude."

"Well if that's how you really feel, then I suggest you leave this table before I slap the shit out of you!" I said in anger. 

"My pleasure. I'd do anything to get away from your cynical self."

With a loud screech of her chair, she quickly got up and ran out the class. 

Running a hand through my hair, I banged the table with my fists and let out a deep and shaky breath.

"Just got to say, this table is much more interesting and drama filled than the other ones," Asher said with a chuckle. 

"Be quiet Asher," I said as I laid my head on the table. 

"Do you think she's sick or something?" Tim quietly asked. 

"I honestly have no idea what just happened!"

"From what I just witnessed, I think you just lost your best friend," Asher stated. 

"When did you become a genius Asher," I said sarcastically.

"I've never seen her like that," Tim sighed.

"Whatever, maybe she's just going through something," I replied, closing my books and stuffing them in my bag. "I'll be patient."

"Imagine how she'll react when you tell her you're engaged to Jared."

"Don't even remind me," I groaned. 

"Oh yeah, congrats by the way. Jared is one hell of a guy. I had no idea you were the Juliana he was engaged to. If I had known, I would've been much nicer the first time we met," Asher said, sending me a polite smile.

"First time we met? You didn't say anything to her the first time you met," Tim said.

"Oh, I actually met them on Monday. After school. I forgot to tell you," I murmured.

"You've been keeping a lot of secrets lately haven't you?" Tim uttered.

"I didn't tell you cause it wasn't important."

"Mhm," was all he said. 

"Not you too," I said with a scoff. 

The bell soon rang and we left for lunch, Asher walking close by next to us. 

"Where do you guys eat lunch?" Asher suddenly asked.

"On the patio on the east wing," I said, turning to face him. 

"Why don't you sit with us?"

"Who is us?" Tim asked.

"Me and my friends."

"Is Jared going to be there?" I asked.

"Uh well yeah, he's one of my best friends."

"Then my answer is no."

"Are you sure?" he asked again. 

"Very."

He soon walked away and me and Tim sat at our regular table, peacefully eating lunch. 

"Girl alert," Tim suddenly said.

Confused, I looked at him. 

He pointed at a direction and when I glanced that way, I saw Anna and her friends with Serra, eating lunch together.

"Great. Absolutely great!" I muttered as I looked away and continued eating. 

After a long and drama-filled day at school, I entered the mansion to find my parents in the dining room having lunch. 

"Mom? Dad?" I asked while entering the room.

"Juliana, you're home!" my dad said.

"Yep."

"Come, have a seat. Your mom and I want to talk to you."

Silently walking in, I took a seat in front of them.

"I have a lot of homework to do. Can we get this over with quickly?"

"Yes, yes of course. We know you're busy," dad said, sending me a smile. "We wanted to talk about you and Jared."

"Well, whatever you have to say, I don't care. I'm not marrying him."

"Honey, just listen to what your dad has to say."

"Juliana, I know you think this is unfair, but this marriage will benefit both of you!"

"How?" I asked, crossing my hands on the table.

"Jared needs to get married as soon as possible to take his rightful position as the CEO for his fathers company."

"Isn't Jared too young for that? Taking over a company? Isn't he going to go to college?" I asked confused. 

"He went to Cambridge. He took double the classes and he basically went to college already. He's going to do part-time at Brown for his official degree while taking position as CEO."

"Wait, wait! What about his father?"

"His father is unfortunately very sick. He's planning to retire after the wedding. Jared will take over afterwards."

"I can't believe this," I said, shaking my head.

"Why can't he marry someone else? Why does it have to be me?" I pleaded. 

"There's an arrangement. We can't get out of it unless we pay him off."

"Then lets pay him off!" I exclaimed, getting happy that there was indeed some hope. 

"We would never do that. We want you to marry him. If you don't want this, you'll pay him off with your own money," my father said sternly. 

"Why do you want this so much!" I shouted.

My father stood up and faced me with a serious look. 

"When you marry him, you'll become one of the most powerful and richest girls to live in this city. It will benefit your status and our company's name."

"So at the end of the day, this is all about you guys and your company," I scoffed.

"This company gives you all the money you could ever want. I don't understand what the problem is!" my dad shouted. 

"I don't care! I'm going to get a job and pay him off!" I yelled.

"Good luck raising twenty million by summer!" he shouted.

"What! Twenty million?!" 

He never answered and he just left the room. 

My mom merely gave me a blank look and also left. 

"I'm in deep shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 11K 93
"Go on a few dates with him. Talk to him. Be everything he wants you to be. Be his girlfriend. He is heart broken, and his mother and I want him to b...
21.9K 973 29
Being the son of Eric Garcia one of the richest guys around , came with lots of advantages I had less to worry about like what to eat, wear or even...
5.3M 194K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
29.8K 1.2K 47
What if you are dared to text someone that you hated. Emily Johnson , 17 year old never thought a simple text can change her life . And she never l...