His Saviour

By ariesstarz

Imogen worked nights in a popular city nightclub in Manchester, England. Under the management of Kate her bo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue

41

4.6K 169 12
By ariesstarz

Zach

"Hey honey look at me, she has the best doctors with her right now you need to calm down" My mom whispered holding my face in her delicate hands.

My eyes didn't move from the door where the nurses wheeled Gen through. She was awake but barely as she cradled her belly.

"You saw what I did to her mom, I just ignored her when she needed me" I said staring at her.

How stupid was I to ignore her when she was heavily pregnant? I even knew that she was making sure that she gave me time to be with my close friends and family.

I should have realised that she would only come to me if she really needed me.

" It's okay son, she's getting looked at now, you need to be strong for her okay, you cant be feeling guilty right now" she reasoned with me, I felt nervous as I looked at her, my mum was likely remembering when she was in hospital the day she lost her twins.

"I'm sorry mom" I whispered sinking my face into her shoulder.

She rubbed my head softly, just like she did when I was younger.

"who's the fiancé?"

I turned to find our doctor standing there looking around. "I am" I stepped forward. He ordered me to follow him without even waiting for me. I squeezed mom's hand, "come with me" I whispered.

"but"

"please" I knew that Gen would want her in the room with us. I had this gut feeling that the was going to be delivering those babies tonight, at any cost.

"your fiancé has a higher blood pressure than we would have liked at her stage, but we are monitoring it carefully. Ideally I think that we should try and deliver the babies tonight." The doctor said to us as we were outside the door where Gen was.

I clenched my fist.

"is that safe, is she even ready" I asked the doctor. She wasn't due for another 2 weeks, when she wakes up she will kill me when she finds out I agreed to a c section.

"we don't really have a choice; she is very weak and she wont be able to push them both out so we need to do this tonight" he continued to explain.

My eyes moved over to Gen laying down on the bed. Her mother stood next to the bed and ran her fingers down her hair.

I removed my blazer and handed it over to the nurse as I walked over to the bed. "Can I have a minute with her?" I asked them all.

I watched Gen's eyes slowly open, she made the move to look around searching for me.

Both of our mothers and the rest of the nurses walked out giving us some time alone.

I walked next to Gen, my fingers gently touching her arm.

"Hey baby" I said giving her my biggest smile. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. She was hooked up to iv's and a machine next to her, monitoring the baby's heartbeats.

"I'm scared" she whispered.

"I know baby" I said getting down to my knee so I could be level with her.

She finally looked at me. I was relieved to still see the brightness in her eyes.

God those eyes will always be beautiful.

" The doctor said that you will need to deliver them tonight but because your body isn't very strong " I clenched my fist when she turned away from me.

" What if something happens to them, what if they're not perfect" she said with a tight hold on my hand.

Perfect?

"Hey baby look at me. They don't have to be perfect do they. All any of us want, all I want is for us all to get out of here in a few days and go home as a family" I said gently stroking her arm.

Such a perfectionist my baby.

" No, I will not do that. What kind of mother would I be if I couldnt deliver them properly don't even suggest that" she gritted her teeth when I explained to her that she was going to have a c- section.

"it's too dangerous honey, you're delivering two babies" my mum tried to reason with her.

She didn't want to face me.

"Do you really think this is the right thing to do" I was about to nod but I realised that she was waiting for my mother to respond.

I deserved that I guess.

By some miracle my mum was able to convince Gen that this was the right decision.

"Imogen, we going to give you your epidural which will make you numb but you will still be awake during the c section" the doctor informed her as the nurse prepared Gen.

"you're not even going to kiss me now" I snapped my head over to Gen, she was glaring at me, close to looking at me disgusted.

I heard my mom scoff, trying to hold back a laugh as she watched my horrified face.

If she gets near a needle, I'm afraid that she may attempt to stab me with it.

" sorry baby, you know how much I love you right. I wont leave your side" I said leaning down and kissing her forehead gently.

" for your own sake son, I wouldn't go anywhere for the next hour" the doctor said smirking as he checked Gen's vitals.

Gen didn't even try to hide the smile after the doctors words.

I breathed in deeply.

Nonetheless I stayed by her side as the epidural took effect. I continued to kiss her head letting her know I was there with her, I really wasn't going anywhere.

"And that's a beautiful baby boy" the doctor said gentle wrapping our baby in a white hospital towel.

" see that baby, he's perfect" I said as I watched Gens eyes gloss over with tears, hearing the soft cries.

I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched the nurse take the baby from the doctor's hands.

" oh he's so handsome" our moms cooed as they followed after the nurse.

" Nurse, I need more oxygen" I whipped my head around fast and finally noticed how pale Gen was. The doctor seemed nervous as he watched her too.

I tightened my hand on her wrist. " hey baby, breathe for me okay. Your baby boy is waiting for you so you must stay awake" I spoke gentle kissing up the shell of her ear.

Her fingers moved against my own.

The doctor looked at me. I shrugged " her weakness" I grinned.

Who knew I would need to use that for other reasons than teasing her.

"okay we're back, prepare for the next baby" he informed the nurses. I kissed her once on her head. " one more baby" I whispered.

The doctor successfully extracted my next boy but the room was silent when we noticed how still he was. In the doctors hands he barely moved and there were no cries.

My worst fear. My eyes watered as I watched my own mothers face become pale.

" Can one of you call my father... please" I said angrily as I watched my mum stumble. "I'll go" Gen's mum said practically flying out of the room.

" Zach whats happening, how is our baby" Gens voice broke me out of my trance. I turned back to her expecting to see her angry face but I was shocked to see her gentle face. "doctor" I shouted watching the screen as it showed her heartbeat slowing down.

My focus was solely on Gen that I hadn't even heard the soft cries finally as our baby boy finally breathing normally. My heart relaxed but the relaisation that maybe I could lose the mother of my children. It was just too much.

I couldn't fail her though. I was the one that needed to be strong for her.

" she's losing blood, nurse!" the doctor walked around to Gen watching the screen that monitored her vitals as a nurse sorted out an IV as he worked on trying to minimise the amount of blood she was losing.

I brushed her hair from her eyes. " stay with me Gen, our babies need you, I need you" I whispered.

" okay okay, Gen if you can hear me. You and your babies are going to be okay I just need you to breathe for me" her eyes looked down towards the doctor.

I tightened my hold on her hand. " if you can squeeze the fuck out of my hand" I whispered as I kissed her ear.

I breathed out when I felt her squeeze my hand. " we're good doctor, she knows" I said grinning as I watched her vitals start to get back to normal.

" thank god for that" I whispered. I don't know what I would have done if I lost her, I was planning a long future ahead with this girl.

Her purpose wasn't to just save me, she was put on this earth for so much more.

" We must monitor them all carefully Zachary, Thankyou for helping out. You might have just saved your fiance's life" the doctor said patting my back.

I grinned as I looked over at Gen. " nows not the time to get cocky son" I heard my dad say walking into the room. He was supporting my mum with his hands on her shoulders.

I reached out to her hand. " they're okay" I told her as I brought her over to stand near Gen whos eyes were gradually closing.

" we had a minor setback everyone but you have two healthy baby boys" A male nurse walked into the room carrying them both.

I grabbed onto Gen's hand. The doctor carefully placed them both on Gens chest as they experienced their first skin to skin contact. I heard that this was essential.

"hey baby don't cry" I said wiping under her eyes as she finally looked at our boys. She pulled at the cloth covering them. Just to maintain decency you know.

I could see that she was extremely tired as he eyes struggled to stay open.

" do we have names yet?"

Gen squeezed my hand.

"yeah we do. This one is called Alessio and this one, Alexander" I said as I ran my fingers across both of their cheeks.

My mom let out a quite sigh. " you didn't have to do that" she said looking over at us.

" but we really did Angela" Gen whispered but it was clear to everyone here at what she said. My mom was going to have twins. A girl and boy which she planned to name them Alesha and Alex. This is the least we could do with everything she did for Gen tonight.

"you ready to hold your baby Zach" one of the nurses approached me scaring me.

I watched gen peak at me, wanting to catch my reaction. God this woman is cheeky even when she's numb and exhausted.

The nurse picked up Alexander and placed him in my arms.

He started to cry in my arms, probably because hes away from his mother and brother. So I started to sway as I ran my finger down its nose. I was relieved when he started to calm down in my arms.

"That's it Alex, come to daddy" I whispered staring at him as he continued to sleep. Everyone laughed as Gen rolled her eyes, hearing me loud and clear.

There was nothing more excited to me than creating a bond with both of my boys. I was going to be the best father I could be for both of them, not matter the cost.

Author note

Hey guys, just wanted to come here and check in with everyone. I really hope everyone is well and staying healthy. I'm in the uk so I'm on lockdown which means more time to write 😂.

I also wanted to say I am no way experienced in pregnancy so some of these facts could be wrong so please be patient with me. If you could message me personally if there are any mistakes in the pregnancy bit so I could edit it.

Anyways, thank you. We have one more chapter left.

Sadly.

Love you all.

Aries x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 5.1K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...
928K 21.9K 58
⚠️ MATURE STORY⚠️ "Now, why is a little girl getting involved in the devil's playing field. Didn't daddy ever tell you not to play with the big boys...
60.9K 1.4K 16
His hand wrapped in her hair, yanking her face up to him to look into his angry eyes. "Tell me where the fuck is he?" He growled, making her shudder...
172K 12.8K 42
Enemies to lovers- Boss/employee- Bickering and Bantering- Billionaire romance Second chance romance HEA romance novel If it weren't for bad luck, I'...