Romantic Rebels

By OurRomanticRebelLove

Tears run down my face as I sob quietly into my pillow. My brother screaming again, my parents fighting, and... More

Chapter 1

34 3 1
By OurRomanticRebelLove

It's about 5:15am. It's  the first day of school and I haven't gotten one bit of sleep. How am I suppose to help it? My brother has been having nightmares again. He screams his lungs out, crying about a fire and being trapped. I love my brother. I want him to feel better, but it's the first day and everyone is going to call me an old hag due to the bags under my eyes. I feel like I haven't slept all summer. Either my brother, my Mum and Pa fighting, the heat, or the coldness. Today was my brother, plus my parents. I couldn't hold back, but surprisingly I didn't cry. I only got up, and quickly walked to the bathroom. After shutting and locking the door, I drop off my clothes and shower for an hour. Maybe I'll wake up and see the brightness of life.

Now, I should smell like coconuts or lavender. Maybe both. Probably both. I run to my room with my towel and old pajamas. So, I look in my closet and pickout a light purple lace blouse, dark blue skinny jeans (they were almost black) and a black jacket, which was kinda tight, but it's okay. I like my jackets tightish. I look around for a pair of tennis shoes, but I don't find anything. Disappointed, I'll have to wear boots or sandals. I decide to wear the sandals because I don't wanna look like a basic hipster (No offense to any hipsters out there.) But it's alright if I do with the sandals as well, at least it's a little less.

Now, it's time for the make up. 

I run over to my mirror, excited but desperate to get it over with. I pick out a a little bit of black everything. I put on my eye shadow, dashing it against my eyelid, making my eye look shadowy, and then I add the mascara, making it look a little bit more sexy. Of course, I poke my eye and mess up a few times, which is why I wake up early! But, when I finally get it right, I put on some light lipstick and then add some lipgloss over it. I look nice. It's a good start. In which, adding onto make up, I have to do my hair.

My hair is very wavy due to the water from the shower, and it's fine so I let it stay. I run a quick comb through it ,then brush it, making it even more wavy, so I squirt just a little water to  make it even more waavy, then I take a flower pin and pin it to my hair, becauuse it matches my shirt.

My brother, even though he has nightmares, is older than me. And due to our campas being so big, all the grades are fit together. 6-12. My brother being 17 is still in school. He always watches over me. I love him so much. I hate to hear him scream. Though, it stopped while I was in the shower, and I think he just now got in the shower. It's 6:45 so he has some time left. I need him to hurry. I can't be late. Not today, but of course..

I was wrong. My brother taps me, fully dressed and reeks of cologne. I smiley sweetly and hug him tightly. "Vincy. Damn brotha, you look nice." I say to my well-dressed brother. He's wearing a band shirt which says, "THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH" and he's wearing slightly baggy jeans, he's also wearing a leather jacket.  His dark brown hair in his usualy style. He's amazing. I'm surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend yet. And No, I don't like him in any other way than my brother. I just want him to be happy in general. Whether or not he has a girlfriend. 

I punch him hard as he hasn't responded to me, I grab his hand and off we run.

"Vincent, hurry up, bro! I can't wait to see Angel, Lee, Katie, and Doug! I'm so excited." I squeal.

"Shut up and stop being silly, Sera. Ugh. Slow down. I'm an old man, you know!?" He groans in fake exhaustion, grinning ear to ear as he opens the  car and gets in, as I'm already sitting. He continuously moans about how horrible his life is sarcastically. "Ughh. I get girls ALLLL THE TIMEEEEE. They won't leave me ALONE! I am SOOOOO sick of heading to the Mall for them! God damn!"

I laugh loudly as he starts his car's enginge with another grin. I love my brother. He's so cool..other than the nightmares. He's so scared of those nightmares that if we even mention it, we're screwed.  But I can't love anyone more than I do my brother. He's so sweet and I remember when we were little how he would take me to his room when Mum and Pa were fighting and we'd just play games all day.

I'm snapped from my thoughts as I hear Angel squeal loudly as I open my door, we've reached the school (if that wasn't obvious already) 

My best friend sense Pre-School, Angel Goth. She's beautiful like a model, nice smooth pale skin, black hair and blue beautiful eyes. She has a curvy body and wears sexy clothing that shows off her boobs. I know she  doesn't intend to, because in most stories the best friend is usually the boy hogger or ends up falling in love with the main girls brother. But, my best friend just loves her body and herself. Not in a selfish way, but she's proud of herself. I admire her. She's amazing and sweet.

"Damn girl, you grew up so much. Soon, you're gonna be a model. I mean, damn. Your eyes, your hair, everything about you is just so perfect." She rambles on about my looks, in which she's probably lying about.

Meanwhile, I'm staring at a hot guy walk past her. It feels like everything is slow motion. HIs black hair  slightly moves in the wind and his greenn eyes sparkle. Damn, he's sexy. His leather jacket and slightly baggy black jeans. The way he walks and looks down at the ground as his best friend walks by him. Brown hair in more of a Justin Bieber position, which is kinda a turn off. But his hazel eyes are hot and make his hair seem worthless. Both of them are whispering quietly to each other as the boy with the leather jacket takes a quick glance at me and I quickly look away. They're probably looking at Angel.

"..and then we went dancing around because it was a slow song and he held me so close. It was like a dream. He in general was a freakin' dr- Sera? Are you even listening!? HELLLOOOO?" She cries out. The boys snicker as I blush in embarrassment.

"Yes. I'm listening Angel." I lie. I giggle slightly because she smiles and smirks a little, knowing I wasn't. She sees the two boys, waving to them as I hide behind her, shy.

The bell rings, my brother is already gone and Angel and I have no classes together. I literally wnat to cry. I'm literally screaming in my head that either my friends Lee or Katie are there. I don't wanna get stuck with Doug alone, if he's in any of my classes either. I like Doug, but he's scary, and I don't know much about it. He doesn't join in on our get-aways or games like truth or dare, 20 questions, or never have I ever.  I know literally nothing other than he's Lee's brother. And Lee says he doesn't like talking about Doug's past.

I sigh in disappointment. My first class is Math. Not my best subject, but not my worst either. I quickly walk in to the classroom where it looks as if maybe 3-5 students have arrived. First person I see? Katie. 

Katie Vuler. Soft, light brown hair with blonde streaking highlights and glasses. She's very close to lee and Dough, very quiet. But I know her well, and the whole town knows her due to an attempted suicide through ODing. She says she tried it because she missed her mother and her brother. Apparently her father beats her, and she doesn't want the authority to know. She says it's a way to die and become closer to her mum and bro, and she wouldn't be happier if she were next to them. I feel bad for her, and I want to call the police, but she always stops me. She always smiles at me and says, "I don't care, Sera. I want to die. I don't want to be here anymore. But I'll stay with you and the others as long as I can, cause you all make my life heaven." I quickly walk over to her as she smiles and gestures towards me. I also spot the boy with the leather jacket and his friend walk in. I do a quiet, 'Yes!" motion and Katie eyes my curiously. I'll explain to her later.

The teacher says some names  and most are absent. The boy with the Justin Bieber haircut sits first in the first row. His name is Alex Aedion. Quite a weird name if you ask me. I wait out for the leather boys name, which comes out soon after and we skip the absent students seats, so if they are absent or late, they will have to sit in the back.  The leather boy's name is Caspian Calhound. Catchy, if you ask me. Or maybe it's just that I find him attractive.

Sense it's the first day, even though we're suppose to have a certain seat to sit in, our teacher,  Ms. Julots, has given us permission to sit by our friends, so I sit next to Katie and Caspian sits next to Alex, which is right in front of us. Darn, I was hoping for some girl gossip. So I rip out a paper and write on a note.

"Hey Kate, you see that boy in front of us??" I write and toss it to her. I pay attention to Ms. Julots until a paper is quickly tossed back.

"Caspian or Alex?" She wrote.

I write, "Caspian."

She nods her head and gives it back for me to write more.

"He's really cute. Anyway, what did you do over the summer?" I write once more

"Eww. Sera, don't become that Dicks before Chicks girl. And not much, played video games, went to places with Lee. You know, those regular parties." She wrote back.

Ms. Julots snaps at us to stop passing notes and we nod, I ripping it up and going out of my seat ot throw it away. As I turn around, I see Caspian watching me with eyes full of hate. I wonder what I did that was so wrong. So long for my love life, or life in general. 

I sit back down and he turns around, whispering and chuckling with Alex. I wonder if they're talking about me. I know I'm not pretty, but seriously.That's just rude. That's like calling him a hottie and not telling him. Woopsiedaisie, we're both rude people, no judge. We do some "Get To Know Me" worksheets until the end of the period, where I go alone to Science, but Caspian follows me. I think he has the same class and Katie goes to P.E with Alex. It's weird. It's awkward. I don't know if I like it. 

I dash down the hall to avoid him and find myself in the Science Clasroom, which happens to be upstairs. I quietly open the door and find at least 8 students in the room. I smile sweetly at some girls I met but never got to know last year and finally Doug catches my eye. I'm alone with him now and I quickly jog my way to him as Caspian enters the room.

"Hi, Doug." I say softly as I rest my back against his stretched out arm. We cuddle, but we don't date, and he doesn't like me that much. He always teases me. He looks down at me with his dark brown eyes and I gulp. I like being friends with him, but he can sure make me feel nervous. I almost cry out before he grins and looks away.

"Hi, Sera. Long time no see, huh?" He asks while darkly chuckling, I nod quietly, nervous. Unlike Ms. Julots, we are not allowed to sit next to friends. And throughout the whole time I was with Doug, Caspian kept glancing at me and giving me the eye. Geez, two scary boys in one class together, hippie-ki-yay! 

Mr. Francest sets us up with partners and I sit next to a girl named Jane. She has dark blue hair, dyed obviously with silver contacts. We were suppose to be introducing ourselves to each other but she stays silent. I look around for Doug and he's next to Caspian. Tough luck. They both are not cooperating and not talking. I giggle a little and Caspian sends me a death glare. Doug sees it and quickly introduces himself, as if distracting Caspian. Just like the books go, maybe Doug likes me! It'd make me extremely happy. Just kidding. Like I said, Doug scares the crap out of me.. He has dark eyes and his hair is all ruffled up. He's like a dark emo boy mixed in with gang boy. It's creepy. But he's my friend and I don't mine  him being him. After all, what are friends for? And if you don't know what that means.. You need to grow up or get REAL friends.  Not trying to be rude, but my friends would be there for me no matter what. Even if I killed a person. Well maybe not that but still, closer to that.

We do the whole "Get To Know Me" thing agains till the bell rings  and I have to go P.E, but as I walk out, Caspian quickly catches up and I already know Doug has Math next period with Ms. Julots.  I'm half scared to death but before I can run away he pins me to a locker.

I gulp as he stares me in the eye. Where have I seen those soft green eyes before?

***

Thank you everyone whose read this! I highly appreciate it and I would like to know what you think! I'll try to update tomorrow or  around this week and next week. I promise that I will TRY. I can't say that it'll happen.

Thank you for readinng again and please leave a comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...