Chapter 1

It's about 5:15am. It's  the first day of school and I haven't gotten one bit of sleep. How am I suppose to help it? My brother has been having nightmares again. He screams his lungs out, crying about a fire and being trapped. I love my brother. I want him to feel better, but it's the first day and everyone is going to call me an old hag due to the bags under my eyes. I feel like I haven't slept all summer. Either my brother, my Mum and Pa fighting, the heat, or the coldness. Today was my brother, plus my parents. I couldn't hold back, but surprisingly I didn't cry. I only got up, and quickly walked to the bathroom. After shutting and locking the door, I drop off my clothes and shower for an hour. Maybe I'll wake up and see the brightness of life.

Now, I should smell like coconuts or lavender. Maybe both. Probably both. I run to my room with my towel and old pajamas. So, I look in my closet and pickout a light purple lace blouse, dark blue skinny jeans (they were almost black) and a black jacket, which was kinda tight, but it's okay. I like my jackets tightish. I look around for a pair of tennis shoes, but I don't find anything. Disappointed, I'll have to wear boots or sandals. I decide to wear the sandals because I don't wanna look like a basic hipster (No offense to any hipsters out there.) But it's alright if I do with the sandals as well, at least it's a little less.

Now, it's time for the make up. 

I run over to my mirror, excited but desperate to get it over with. I pick out a a little bit of black everything. I put on my eye shadow, dashing it against my eyelid, making my eye look shadowy, and then I add the mascara, making it look a little bit more sexy. Of course, I poke my eye and mess up a few times, which is why I wake up early! But, when I finally get it right, I put on some light lipstick and then add some lipgloss over it. I look nice. It's a good start. In which, adding onto make up, I have to do my hair.

My hair is very wavy due to the water from the shower, and it's fine so I let it stay. I run a quick comb through it ,then brush it, making it even more wavy, so I squirt just a little water to  make it even more waavy, then I take a flower pin and pin it to my hair, becauuse it matches my shirt.

My brother, even though he has nightmares, is older than me. And due to our campas being so big, all the grades are fit together. 6-12. My brother being 17 is still in school. He always watches over me. I love him so much. I hate to hear him scream. Though, it stopped while I was in the shower, and I think he just now got in the shower. It's 6:45 so he has some time left. I need him to hurry. I can't be late. Not today, but of course..

I was wrong. My brother taps me, fully dressed and reeks of cologne. I smiley sweetly and hug him tightly. "Vincy. Damn brotha, you look nice." I say to my well-dressed brother. He's wearing a band shirt which says, "THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH" and he's wearing slightly baggy jeans, he's also wearing a leather jacket.  His dark brown hair in his usualy style. He's amazing. I'm surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend yet. And No, I don't like him in any other way than my brother. I just want him to be happy in general. Whether or not he has a girlfriend. 

I punch him hard as he hasn't responded to me, I grab his hand and off we run.

"Vincent, hurry up, bro! I can't wait to see Angel, Lee, Katie, and Doug! I'm so excited." I squeal.

"Shut up and stop being silly, Sera. Ugh. Slow down. I'm an old man, you know!?" He groans in fake exhaustion, grinning ear to ear as he opens the  car and gets in, as I'm already sitting. He continuously moans about how horrible his life is sarcastically. "Ughh. I get girls ALLLL THE TIMEEEEE. They won't leave me ALONE! I am SOOOOO sick of heading to the Mall for them! God damn!"

I laugh loudly as he starts his car's enginge with another grin. I love my brother. He's so cool..other than the nightmares. He's so scared of those nightmares that if we even mention it, we're screwed.  But I can't love anyone more than I do my brother. He's so sweet and I remember when we were little how he would take me to his room when Mum and Pa were fighting and we'd just play games all day.