Last Summer - Bbrae

By moonrose8456

❝What do you normally dream about?❞ Raven asked quietly, looking into his emerald eyes. ❝Well...❞ Of course... More

well, howdy
1) Dreaming
2) Brothers
3) The Pool
4) Why?
5) Lips
6) Sun, Sea and Sand
7) Bully
8) The Morning After
9) Shopping
10) Testing
11) Boys
12) The News
13) Micheal Green
15) A Good Day
16) Rest
17) The New Guy (pt. 1)
18) The New Guy (pt. 2)
19) Shopping... Again
20) What to Wear?
21) Boardwalk
22) We go to Bed
23) More Plans
24) The Kitten
25) Cyborg's Secret
26) Party
27) Tickle Fight
28) The Railroad
29) Romeo + Juliet
30
Thank You

14) The Appointment

817 21 3
By moonrose8456

Cyborg sat down next to Beastboy, who was lying on his stomach on the couch. He felt proud of the changeling. Not for what happened, but for how he handled it. So far, both him and Raven were being very calm about the situation. As far as the others could see, at least.

"Yo, Beasty!"
Cyborg called, giving him a nudge. He woke up from his nap and yawned, exposing his fangs.

"Aw, those lil fangs get me every time!"
Cy teased. Beastboy sat up and shoved him playfully.

"Sup, dude?"
He said. Cyborg shrugged and sat back, resting his head on his hands, elbows sticking out.

"Oh, I dunno... maybe it's just that we're all waiting to bring you and Raven-"

"Shit!"
Beastboy stood up straight away and grabbed both his phone and his hoodie, not hesitating to sprint out the door. Cyborg followed suit.

From the car Raven held a middle finger to Beastboy, with a huge fake smile on her face. He couldn't tell if she was joking or not, but it didn't matter.

Once they were all in the car, they made their way to the clinic.

"So, how you feeling Raven?"
Robin asked from the drivers seat. He looked at her from the rear-view mirror. She shrugged and put her feet up on the back of Starfire's chair, tying the laces on her boots.

"It'll be over soon."
She mumbled. Beastboy nudged her and laughed, but stopped when he got the glare of a lifetime. Cy patted the back of Robin's chair and pointed out the window.

"Sign says go left."
The car turned left, and Starfire turned around.

"So, how does this work? It is very interesting!"

The three in the back looked at each other awkwardly.

"Hey, we're here!"
Robin said, distracting the Tamaranian from her questions. They were still about five minutes away, but it was easier to answer questions about how long was left of the journey than it was questions about ending a pregnancy.

Eventually, they arrived. Raven and Beastboy clambered out of the car and the others have their best wishes to Raven, giving her hugs which she pretended to have but secretly loved.

They drove off, and left the pair alone in the parking lot.

"Shall we?"
Beastboy said in a stereotypical posh English accent, and Raven rolled her eyes, taking his hand as they went inside.

There was a surprisingly welcoming feeling in the air, and the walls and chairs in the waiting room were soft hues of pastel yellows and pinks. The woman at the reception desk beamed at them as they came in.

"Hi, I've an appointment for Raven? Oh, sorry, Rachel-"
Raven began, but the woman handed her a form and clipboard over the counter.

"It's okay sweetie, I know who you are."

After the form was filled out, Raven was called into another room. Beastboy hugged her tightly and she hugged him back, her nerves taking over.

"It will be okay."
Beastboy reassured her.

And then she was gone.

Beastboy turned on his heels to a familiar scene; some people staring in recognition, some in confusion. But what caught him off guard was the boy who sat in the corner, reading a magazine. He had tears running down his face.

"Mike?"
Beastboy asked, sitting across from him. It was unfortunately the safest option, giving the looks he was getting from the women in the room.

Mike wiped his eyes and glared at him, slapping the magazine on the seat next to him.

"What?"
He said. Beastboy frowned.

"Sorry, given our past I think I should be the one being rude here, but I'm trying to be polite."
He said back. Mike folded his arms and shrugged.

"If it's about the photos-"

"I don't want to talk about those right now, thanks. There's enough to be worrying about."

Mike looked around in confusion.

"Then why did you come here?"
He wiped his eyes again.

"I'm here for Raven."
Beastboy said quietly, feeling slightly guilty. Mike looked as though he was going to make a comment, but instead he sniffed.

"Why are you talking to me?"
He asked. Beastboy gestured to around the room with his hands.

"Because you were crying? And you're the only guy here."

Mike nodded and let out a shaky breath. He leaned forward and rested his head on his hands, elbows on his knees.

"I'm here for my mom."
He mumbled.

"The woman who was shouting at you yesterday in the garden."

Beastboy smiled to the floor, but then he dropped his expression. He couldn't let all the creepy things this guy did go because he was here.

"Okay. Does she know you've been stalking Raven?"
He asked boldly. Mike rolled his now puffy eyes.

"Thanks to Starfire, yes."

Beastboy shook his head.

"Why do you do it?"
He asked. Mike shrugged.

"Do I have to remind you of my powers again?"
Beastboy asked in a hushed tone. Out of no where, Mike began to cry. And it wasn't a small release, it was a sob.

Beastboy felt something strange in his stomach.

"Shit, sorry dude."
He said, although he wasn't sure he had to apologise. Mike covered his face with his hands and shook his head slowly.

"There's a lot of shit you don't know about me."
He said quietly, sniffling mid sentence. Beastboy raised an eyebrow.

"Care to explain?"

After a moment of thought, he nodded. This surprised Beastboy, but he listened carefully anyways.

"You met my dad. Let's just say he's not extremely friendly. Even to me."
He didn't look at Beastboy in fear he would stop opening up. Neither of the boys knew what was compelling him to tell his story, but they both knew it had to be shared.

"He thinks because he works with law, that he can just dismiss it. So, any anger he has, any hatred, or disgust, is all taken out on me."

Beastboy nodded. This is definitely not what he was expecting.

"As for the photos..."
Beastboy looked up to see him clearer.

"Yeah, I took them to annoy her. To annoy all of you. Because I wanted control over something that I don't normally have control over. People's feelings. And I, uh... Sort of feel jealous of you guys. No parents, no authority. So I wanted an excuse to see you more often."
Mike coughed a little after he said all this.

"Okay, well, one: Most of our parents are dead, which isn't exactly as cool as it sounds, and two; you could've just knocked, bro! You didn't have to stalk Raven to get our attention."
Beastboy replied, a small portion of pity growing for his neighbour.

"Please don't go posting this anywhere."
Mike said suddenly, and Beastboy smiled.

"I'm not a jerk. But..."

Mike bit his lip, bracing himself for judgement.

Why did I still this guy all my stupid business?

He thought to himself, but Beastboy stuck out his hand for him to shake.

"I won't. But if you wanna actually get along with us I'm gonna have to tell my friends, it's the only way they'll understand."

Mike nodded.

"Just promise me that you're gonna stop harassing Raven?"

Mike took Beastboy's hand and shook it with a firm grip. He had never spoken to anybody about his troubles before, and he definitely wasn't expecting it to be Beastboy who he first shared it with.

But he nodded.

"Fine."

They sat in silence for a while, scrolling through Instagram or reading the articles written in 2007 from the waiting room magazines. A new peace was in the air now, and if made them both relax.

Soon it was getting dark, and a nurse came out to the pair of them. Neither realised that over two hours had passed since they first arrived.

"Mr Micheal Green? Mr Garfield Logan?"
She asked with a smile. The two of them shared an understanding look, since both of their full names were so different to what they went by every day.

When the doors opened into the ward, Raven and Mike's mom, Shalisa, were sitting waiting at either ends of the room.

Beastboy ran over and sat down next to Raven, who put her hand on his cheek.

"You're such a softie, Rae!"
He teased, earning a glare.

"I wouldn't test me right now."

Raven noticed who was at the other end of the room, and her eyes widened.

"Is that Mike?"

Beastboy nodded, and let out a dramatic sigh.

"I explain later. But for now..."
He kissed Raven on the lips, and she went pink.

"How are you? Is everything okay?"

Raven nodded and messed with his hair.

"Who's the softie now?"

They both shared a smile, and for a moment it felt as though they weren't in a ward with Mike of all people opposite them, but at home.

"Well... That's the baby problem sorted."
Raven mumbled, and Beastboy squeazed her hand.

Not much time has passed before visitors had to leave and pick up their patients the next day.

Raven smiled as she watched her boyfriend leave with a dramatic pout on his face, pretending to cry as he dissapeared out into the corridor.

I really am lucky.

She thought.

Yea boi, long chapter long chapter! Anyways hope you enjoyed, let me know what you think! I can't wait to share the rest of this with u :-) ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 262 15
There was a mafiaso named kim taehyung the leader of the world wide known mafia gang viper with so much fame,money and most importantly power.He is r...
909 51 4
―❝ You can hear it in the silence, silence, you. You can feel it on the way home, way home, you. You can see it with the lights out, lights out. You...
679K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...