My fighter Man

By varshachindam

He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadl... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Love Which Was Never Forgotten

22

13.2K 269 19
By varshachindam

Ava Morris

I hurriedly did my hair. Everyone around me has already left. Briya and the other others who I have hired for today are taking care of the church. "Shit." I cursed not being able to do my hair. "Fuck it." I threw my hair open and combed it lightly before placing the hairpiece.

"Okay, everyone, gather around, we are leaving," Mumma called.

Vincent and others reached the church. The only people who left were me and a few cousins. I don't know where Brad is. I didn't call him as they had a photo session with the groom. I looked in the mirror as Mum entered the room with a hurried expression.

"Valerie is freaking out, she is nervous."

"She will be fine. The wedding starts in thirty minutes." She nods her head. She is beautiful. She wore a long beige dress.

"You look beautiful, mum." She smiled, looking down at her dress. "I maintained diet to fit into this dress. Your dad couldn't take his eyes off me. And I loved the reaction, totally worth it."

I chuckled, nodding my head. "You look beautiful, honey, in that dress."

"Thank you, mum." I dressed in a beige dress that had a ribbon bow tie in the back. I loved it and decided to wear it for the wedding.

The wedding is a simple and private ceremony. Only 150 members are going to be present. Close relatives and friends of Vincent and Valerie. The dress code is black, pearl white and beige.

"Ma, did you see my phone?" I searched for my phone but I couldn't find it.

"I didn't, Brad is waiting for you. I'm leaving." Brad is here?

I was startled when I heard a voice from behind. I turned around to see Brad standing in his suit. I smiled at him standing straight. My eyes scanned him from top to bottom. I never saw him in a tuxedo. He looked hot and when my eyes went to his face, his eyes were doing the same thing as mine. I laughed when our eyes finally met.

"Beautiful." He whispered more to himself.

"You look hot," I commented, wandering to where he stood.

"You are beautiful."

"Thank you," I whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist. I smiled happily, looking at him. He leaned down kissing my forehead.

"I bought you this."

"What is that?" I asked, taking the box from his hands. Now he wrapped his arms around mine while I opened the box.

"They are beautiful." I traced my thumb on the diamond studs. "Thank you, I love them." I leaned up on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

"Put them on." I chuckled, looking at the excited expression in his eyes. "Hold this." I handed him the box and removed the earrings which I wore.

"When did you buy them?"

"I don't remember, I bought them long ago."

"Long ago?"

"A couple of years ago. Probably, four years ago." I stopped removing the other earring and looked at him in confusion.

"I wanted to buy something for you when I got my first cheque in boxing. So I bought these for you."

"So you mean to say you have been liking me from long back?" he kissed my forehead.

"You never know."

"What does that mean?" I asked, turning around to see myself in the mirror. The studs he gave suit me and I smiled in the mirror watching him.

"They suit you." He complimented, tracing his finger on my cheek. We stayed there for a minute. I love the warmness that radiates from Brad.

"Let us go before we get calls from everyone."

"Wait, I need to find my phone. I don't remember where I left it." I went over to the wardrobe to see if I left my phone there while taking the clothes out.

"Last night you forgot your phone. I have it."

"Oh good, keep it with you. I don't have any pockets." He gave me his hand to hold as we walked out of the room. Everyone left, the only people left were me and Brad.

"How is my brother?" I asked as Brad started driving.

"He is nervous as hell, he will become normal, once he sees Valerie walking down the aisle."

"Even Valerie is nervous."

Brad chuckled. It was a ten-minute drive before we reached the church where the wedding was happening. "Celeb and Axel are calling."

"I will see you at the aisle."

Brad gave me a kiss on the forehead. I went to the bride's room to see my sister-in-law. I greeted a few friends whom I know. Most of them were from our neighbourhood. I knocked on the door before entering.

"Wow, you are beautiful." She turned around, giving me a playful glare.

"Where were you? Everyone is here but you aren't here."

"I need my time to get ready, babe." I held her hand and just couldn't keep my eyes off her. "You are fucking beautiful and Vincent wouldn't be able to tear his eyes off you."

Her ears turned red. "You look beautiful in this dress."

"Thanks, babe."

"What am I hearing about you and Brad?" She whispered, there was a playfulness in her voice. My brows frowned in confusion.

"What have you heard?" before she could say. Axel and Celeb entered the room.

"Valerie! You are so beautiful..." Celeb said, placing his hand on his chest. They walked over and hugged Valerie and handed their gift.

"This is from us to you."

"Open it... Open it..." Celeb chanted. We laughed before Valerie opened the box.

"Wow..." Valerie whispered, looking at the simple bracelet. "Thank you, I love it."

Axel and Celeb turned their heads and saw me. A playful smile started playing on Axel's face. "Oh, look, finally we got to see our Ava."

"Finally? You saw me yesterday and every day." They shared a look before laughing.

"Not after what we heard," Celeb said.

"What have you guys heard?" I asked, confused.

"Celeb..." Axel said.

*

"They are perfect together," I whispered. I'm standing beside Brad. People couldn't stop looking at us. Axel and Celeb who were standing with us, gave me teasing looks. Brad told me to ignore them.

"They are," he said as we watched my brother and Valerie exchange their vows. My brother shed tears of happiness when Valerie said her vows. Everyone in the family got emotional watching them.

I tilted my head to see my mother and Valerie's mother shed tears of joy. My mum hugged dad in happiness. I know she was so happy when Vincent and Valerie got back. It was her dream to see them together. Now that they are getting married, we are happy and at peace.

We all cheered for the newlywed couple as the bride and groom kissed. Brad turned my face with his finger placed underneath my chin. I looked at him confused when he leaned down to kiss my lips. My eyes widened and my cheeks turned red. We haven't made it official to everyone.

"Brad, my parents and brother are here."

"Don't worry, I asked them for permission and they agreed." I looked at him with surprise.

"When did this happen?" He said nothing as he shifted his gaze towards the married couple. People who attended the wedding were looking at us. They must be surprised to see the champion being stuck to my side.

"I'm happy," he whispered before kissing my forehead. My cheeks burned watching my mum click pictures of me and Brad on her phone.

"Right under her nose, huh?" Axel asked.

"Brad and Ava. You made our man fall for you," Celeb said, winking at me.

"I didn't ask him to fall for me."

"Now, Brad will be busy with Ava and he will be at her service all the time." My brows frowned and I shook my head, knowing they were just teasing us.

"He is jealous that the big boy cares for you more than him," Celeb says, looking at Axel.

"Shut up, I have my girl who cares for me," Axel said, wrapping his arm around Jasmine. They teased and Brad stood like he wasn't involved, but I can say he was enjoying the teasing.

"Honestly, I thought Axel would be the one to break the chain and tie the knot first in the group. But surely, Vincent isn't ready to give the position to Axel," Celeb said, looking at Vincent and Valerie.

"We all knew that this would happen. They were the endgame."

"My mum is asking if I'm going to bring a girl home or not," Celeb said and we laughed.

"You should start seeing someone, man, now that even Brad isn't single," Axel said, and Brad rolled his eyes.

"I thought Brad would be dating a boxer," Celeb said.

"Same thoughts," Axel said.

"Ava is a little boxer," Brad whispered.

"Remember those days when she used to fight with Vincent?" Celeb said.

"Yeah man, she used to pinch him with her sharp nails and run away the minute her mother entered the room," Axel said.

"Haha..." I said, laughing when I remembered those days when I used to fight with Vincent. Every day it was a Tom and Jerry show.

"Who doesn't have sibling fights?"

"Me, I never fought with my sibling," Axel said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Lies, you always fight with Liya," Jasmine said. Jasmine doesn't like to talk, she rather listens and enjoys the conversation. I like her, she is a warm person.

"Baby, you shouldn't spill my secrets."

"I'm stating facts, babe."

"Jasmine, do you fight with your sister?" Celeb asked.

"Every day." Jasmine hasn't moved in with Axel yet. Jasmine's father asked her to move into her parent's home until their wedding.

We moved and clicked pictures with the couple. There were a lot of cheers and yells from everyone as we took the pictures. We met our friends and, as guessed, the paparazzi were waiting outside the church.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 180 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
14.2K 275 54
His blue grey eyes were glued to my brown eyes. "Tell me you don't hate me." He ordered me. "I hate you Mason." "No you don't." "Yes i do." He was t...
6.5M 181K 49
Hooking up with her best friend's brother is Sam's childhood crush come true, but to have a future together, she'll have to overcome her past. ...
19.1K 794 19
Ava is a chubby, lovely and bold girl who lives with her bestfriends. She lost her mom when she was small and she lived with her bestfriends ever sin...