28

"You are the best."

Brad McCarthy

I could hear voices coming from somewhere in the apartment. When the space beside me felt empty, I opened my eyes and looked around for Ava. Stretching my arms, I got out of bed. Ava decorated the whole place with pictures we clicked with the kids. She is on a call with the kids. She was typing on her laptop as I fell on her legs and wrapped my arms around her thighs.

"But when are you coming?" Ivy's cute voice made me smile.

"I will come, baby, after work," Ava said, massaging my head. I leaned into her stomach and blew raspberries as she laughed. "Are you alright, Ava?" Ava tried to push my head but I didn't move. She placed her laptop on the table and caressed my back. "Yes, baby."

"Brad will do your work, you please come here." We could hear the background noises. Noah is calling the girls to finish their homework.

"No baby, Brad is busy with his work and I like my work." Ivy signed and spoke gibberish.

"Okay, visit us in the evening. Noah is calling us."

"I love you, Ivy, baby. I will visit you all in the evening." Ivy laughed before ending the call.

"You done?" I asked her against her stomach. "Yeah."

"Vincent messaged me last night to come over for family dinner." She started drawing imaginary things on my back. "Yeah, we should go to the mart and buy new toys for my niece." Vincent and Valerie gave birth to a cute baby. They named her Viviana.

"Isn't she too young to play with toys?" I asked her in confusion. "Yes, but we could get her soft toys and other baby toys to keep her busy. Anyway, I want to spoil my niece."

"Okay, madam." She giggled while I smiled. "Brad, can you massage my legs? They have been hurting."

"Yup." I got up and sat beside her, putting her legs on my lap.

"I love you." She said as soon as I massaged her legs. "How was the previous project? Did you have a good time there?"

I listened to everything she said about her recent wedding project. I'm planning on buying our dream house but I'm not sure how she is going to react. We have been living in my old apartment for months now. I know she is happy, but I want to give her the best things possible.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?" I asked her.

"I'm carving for pizza." She replied.

"Do you want to dine in or call for a delivery?"

"I will call them." She called Pizza Palace to order while I turned on the television to see the news.

"I think we both need to take a break from everything. We have been so busy that we haven't spent much time together," she said.

"I was planning a trip after this dinner. However, Jack and Hailey said they would take care of the kids and Conner, Mack and Augustus would take care of their training." I told her.

"Hmm, that's good." We spoke about the kids. Not all of them are interested in boxing. We decided it would help the girls if they did gymnastics from now on. Some boys have joined go-karting as they were interested in cars.

Ava and I don't want to force the kids into any field, it's completely their choice. We made martial arts mandatory in the house. They started their schooling. We spend most of our days with the kids and we have our bedroom there. Ava is attached to the girls, especially Ivy.