24

Ava Morris

A surprised smile played on my face as I watched Brad making his way towards where I was standing. He was holding my favourite flowers in one hand and the other was pushed into his jean pocket. His face was blank but I could see the warmth leaving his eyes. Brad has never got flowers for me before, so it's a good kind of shock seeing flowers.

"Hey."

"Hey." He looked down as I smiled before standing on my toes to give him a kiss on his lips. "What are you doing here?" I whispered against his lips.

"I wanted to see you." I beamed in happiness, forgetting about the whispers around us. We were surrounded by people who recognized Brad. I regained my posture and looked at the flowers he was holding. "And what are these for?" It came out shyly.

"I remembered you while I passed this flower shop." He kissed my forehead before handing me the flowers. I touched the petals, "That's so sweet Brad." I peppered kisses on his lips as he looked cute wearing a blank face in public and I couldn't stop myself from kissing him.

"Ava, that's a quiet show now," Rita teased. My cheeks turned red but the tips of his lips turned slightly upwards. We have been busy with our work life. Brad travelled back and forth. We weren't able to spend enough time in the apartment. I just miss having Brad to myself.

"Let's make dinner tonight," Brad whispered and I looked up at him. "You aren't travelling?" He shook his head. "Yes, will you make the pizza tonight?" A smile started playing as he pulled me closer so that he could whisper. "Only if you help me kneed the dough." I giggled like a silly girl nodding my head.

"When will you be done?" I looked at the wedding and the guests, who were now interested in Brad. "Another two hours and we will be done. I'm sure Rita and Briya can handle the reception." I glanced at him. "We can sneak out without anyone knowing." He nodded before tucking the hair strand behind my ear. "I will pick you up in two hours?"

"Sure." I do want him to stay, but I know the consequences of his staying. He wouldn't be feeling comfortable with the attention he would be getting. I would rather want him to drive around peacefully than have him feel uncomfortable staying with me.

"Uh-Huh... You are just becoming handsome and having all these muscles. What's the secret, bro? I will send my boyfriend over and help him a bit," Briya commented, walking over with the camera. "You won't leave any chance of not mentioning Brad's body, will you?" Rita asked, rolling her eyes at Briya.

"Obviously," Briya replied while I wrapped my arm around Brad's waist. "Why would I stop complementing the body he had built?" I know she is just teasing and Briya finds every way possible to tease Brad. Now Brad is habituated to her comments and compliments.

"No comments on my man," I told them and they raised their hands in the air in a surrendering manner. Brad isn't that buff compared to the other men I saw in the boxing world. He is tall and has got the right amount of muscles, making him look like a hot snack.

"Let's go out of here, I know these two and others can manage the rest." I changed my decision now that I'm standing close to Brad. I don't think I could wait for another two hours before I meet him.

"You sure?" I hummed, looking at Briya and Rita. We just took a small break as the interns are taking care of the shoot. "Just give me a minute. I will speak with them and come over." Brad gave an assuring squeeze to my waist before I moved to where Rita and Brita were.

It took me ten minutes before I walked to the parking lot with my bag. The parking lot was strangely empty and Brad was leaning against his jeep. He bought a second-hand Jeep which seemed like a brand new one last month. He was wearing a light sky blue loose shirt with its first three buttons undone. I checked him out from top to bottom and stopped at his lips. A smirk was playing on his face.