My fighter Man

By varshachindam

He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadl... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Love Which Was Never Forgotten

21

13.6K 304 45
By varshachindam

Brad McCarthy

"Man, are you going inside?" Axel asked. Jasmine, his fiancee, was standing beside him. I gave her a small smile and a nod. She smiled back while Axel walked toward me.

"Yeah."

"We will be back soon. Jasmine needs to go to the store," Axel said.

"Sure, drive safe." Axel and Jasmine leave. I went to the backyard and watched everyone.

Celeb is rolling his eyes at his mum. Some were dancing with their beer bottles while some were watching drunken friends dance.

Our close friends and Vincent's relatives were lounging as tomorrow is the wedding day. Ava is with her mother helping out with some last-minute gifts which they missed out on.

"Brad!" I turned my head to see Vincent walking over to me.

"Everything okay?" Vincent asked. I know he is nervous about his wedding. He placed his hand on my shoulder as he looked into my eyes worriedly. "You wanted to talk with me?"

"Everything is okay, I just wanted to talk about something important," I said timidly. I'm nervous, I can feel the rise in my heartbeat.

"We can talk in my dad's study room. It is the only room empty." He turned towards the hallway. I had no idea how he was going to react.

"Where are you two going?" Celeb asked, stopping us. I took the wine glass he was holding.

"Nothing, man, just some work. Will be back," Vincent said.

"Okay." Celeb gave a suspicious look at me but didn't say anything.

I slurped down the wine, placing it on the table. We entered the room and Vincent locked the room. Vincent patiently waited for me to speak.

"Brad? Is something wrong? You can tell me, man. I'm here for you."

"No, hmm." I took a deep breath, it was harder than I thought it would be.

"Vincent, I—I like someone." His expression changed and a wide smile spread over his lips.

"That's amazing bro! I'm happy for you. Who is she?" He came over, hugged me and gave my back a pat. "It's time you saw someone. But who is she? Do we know her?" There was a minute of silence.

"Bro, it's okay if you are not ready to talk about her. I understand and you don't have to bother about it." I shook my head, knowing I had to tell him.

"It—it's Ava, I promise to take care of her. I'm not joking about my feelings for Ava. I really like her. I spent so many months thinking about it before I decided to ask her out. I know I haven't told you but I have waited to know if she likes me or not. I'm sure Ava likes me too. " I spoke in one breath. He blinked his eyes in wild shock. I waited for him to talk.

"Ava?" he asked.

"Yes."

"My sister Ava?" he asks with a weary expression.

"Yes, Ava Morris," I spoke, holding my hands together. He just looked at me in shock. I waited for him to utter something but all he did was look at me and pace back and forth. Minutes passed...

"Wow! That's—that's shocking news..." He breathed out and looked at me. "Well, are you informing me or?"

"I'm asking for permission." He paced towards me with a serious face. I was expecting a punch when I received a hug from him.

"I'm happy bro, you are a good person and I trust you." I was too shaken to respond. A chuckle left his mouth. "Out of all the women, Ava? Wow, I'm pretty shaken up now."

"But tell me how did this happen? I still can't understand... I mean you two never spoke to each other in the past. I never saw her interacting with you. I mean how?" he asked with a smile.

My cheeks warmed up hearing that. "Well, we never spoke in the past but we met two years ago before I shifted to Las Vegas."

"You two met? You never mentioned it either, Ava."

"Reasons."

"Haha... Okay."

"Vincent, I'm serious about her. I always had feelings for her but I knew it wasn't the right time to approach her. I― Got to know about her dates. And I didn't want to sit back and wait." I looked him in the eye.

Vincent placed his hand on my shoulder. "Brad, I know you. I trust you when you say you are serious about her."

"But let me tell you my sister can be handy and her rage, my god... Will you be able to handle it?"

"I can live with her all my life," I said with a smile.

He put his hand on my shoulder. "Welcome to the family brother!" I smiled at him.

"Now I understand why she went to Las Vegas. She was there for you. I get it now..." He shook his head. "You two were sneaking underneath my nose and I had no idea about it."

"Yeah, she gave me a surprise," I said.

"Never in my life have I thought you would end up with my sister. I still can't wrap my head around it." We stepped out of the study room and wandered towards where everyone was. Axel and Jasmine returned. Now Axel is standing with Celeb.

"What are you talking about?" Axel asked.

"Ohh, did you both know that Brad MacCarthy is seeing my sister Ava?" Vincent says out loud.

"Oh," Celeb responded before his eyes widened. "Ugh? What?"

"Is it true? Did I hear correctly?" Axel asked, looking at me.

"Yes, you heard correctly. Our Brad is in love with my sister," Vincent spoke while I stood quiet. They both just stared at me before mischievous smiles took over their faces. Vincent laughed when they started attacking me with their playful hugs and stupid kisses.

"I didn't expect this motherfucker!" Axel said.

"True!" Celeb agreed while our other friends who were in the living room were watching us with confusion.

"How did this happen? For how long, brother?"

"Awe, our little Ava with our big wolf."

"Bastard always stayed quiet and I never thought this would happen," Axel said playfully.

"Eww... I'm going to tease Ava. How did she tame our big wolfman?" Celeb asks. I rolled my eyes as Vincent and Axel agreed with Celeb.

"Do your parents know about them?" Axel asked Vincent.

"No, they don't," I answered for him.

"You think my mum doesn't know about this? She knew that was the reason she sent Ava to Las Vegas," Vincent said, raising his brow while he sipped his bourbon.

"Las Vegas?" Axel asked with confusion.

"We were all busy with wedding work so my little sister went to surprise her man, leaving all the work."

"Ohoh... Little Ava and our big man Brad. What a couple they make." Celeb teased me while I looked away smiling. I don't want them to tease me.

"Is our big man blushing bro?" Axel teased more, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Shut up!" I scanned the room to see Ava. I have been waiting for her. Waiting for her to give me a warm hug and a kiss.

"Did you guys practise your speech?" Celeb asked.

"I will be reading my letter, I can't do without seeing shit," Axel said.

"Same." Celeb agreed to Axel.

"Are you guys seriously doing that?" Vincent asked.

"Yes!"

We fell into a wedding conversation about who was going to give the speeches on the wedding night. I listened to most of the part as I wasn't present at the wedding preparations and other meetings. "I'm telling you the Damon kid has changed a lot and my cousin had been asking me if he is going to be present," Celeb said.

"Damon?" I asked, sipping my drink.

"Gurgos. The family shifted to the East woods with their son." I nodded my head when the memory clicked in my head.

"Yeah, I heard of his notorious stories. Boy, he is the worst in the town," Axel said. I know that Damon was a trouble maker and he got this fire in his eyes to make everyone in the middle school cry. That was years ago...

"He isn't a bully though. He just got issues and he is taking it out on everything that comes his way," Celeb said.

"Word is that the Gurgos are planning to shift him to London. Planning to send him to a fucking private school," Axel said.

"That bad? That kid was just a troublemaker when we were in high school. He used to come over on his cycle," Vincent said.

"Yeah... He changed and none wants to have him in their school," Celeb said.

"Look Vincent, our little Ava is calling Brad out," Celeb joked. They kept talking about other kids we knew when Ava walked in and she was searching for someone when our gazes met. She smiled and signalled me to walk out.

"I will come in a bit." They gave nods and I placed the wine glass on the tray and walked out. Ava was tapping her foot against the pavement as she looked at her phone. When she heard my footsteps, she looked up at me and pushed her phone into her jean pocket.

"Everything okay?"

"We need to go to the boutique."

"Now?" I asked, looking at the watch. "Are you drunk?" she asked me.

"Not really, but I had a few glasses of wine."

"I will drive and you come with me. Chase tore Velerie's veil. We need to rush before they close the boutique."

"I will drive." She gave me a nod and threw out the car keys.

I drove the car out of the garage and Ava got in. She rubbed her temples when she waited for the message. "What happened?"

"I called the lady of the boutique. Asking her not to close the boutique. She responded that she would wait for an hour, and after that, she wouldn't be able to keep the store open."

"Put on the location," I said. She hummed and put on the location. The media doesn't know that Vincent is getting married. Only a few people from the industry got the wedding invitation. The wedding is going to take place secretly. And they couldn't hire a photographer, so Ava took the responsibility.

We reached the boutique. "Do you wanna come in?" Ava asked. I was going to stay but decided to go in. We walked in and I stayed on the ground floor while Ava went to the first floor to get the veil.

The store was empty and I looked around, wedding dresses and gowns were everywhere. I let my gaze wander around until one dress caught my attention. I walked towards the dress and let my eyes study the dress. I would love to see Ava wearing the dress. The dress is short and has that see-through white material. I touched the dress and loved how soft it felt against my fingertips.

"Brad?" I turned to see Ava and the store lady.

"I got the veil, shall we?" She asked and her gaze went to the dress I was looking at.

"Would you like to see the dress, sir?" The lady asked. "We have a new wedding collection and I could show you the other collection by the same designer."

"Thank you, give us a minute." The lady nodded and wandered off.

"I would love to see this dress on you." Ava wandered towards and studied the dress.

"It is lovely but a bit short, don't you think?"

"Does it matter?" She chuckled and shook her head. "You could wear this one for reception. The dress code is white anyway." I added, hoping she would say yes.

"Okay, I will get it." She smiled and I smiled back, pecking her lips.

"No, I will get it for you. Let me, please." I mention knowing too well she doesn't like it when I pay for her things and clothes. But all I want to do is buy her everything.

We called the lady back and Ava got the same piece in her size. I paid for it and held the cover for her. We stepped out of the boutique thanking the lady when Ava's stomach growled.

"I nearly forgot that I was hungry... Actually starving."

"There is a small restaurant, twenty meters from here."

"Let's walk there, we can park our car here." I took her hand in mine as we started walking.

"Tomorrow there will be news of us roaming on roads while Vincent's wedding is tomorrow," Ava said as she saw our pictures being clicked.

"If you are uncomfortable, I will have a word with the media."

She gave a squeeze. "It's okay, we barely go out and I don't think they would follow your word."

We reached the restaurant. I open the door for her and she chuckles. "What?"

"There is another one." She pointed, looking at the second door. I chuckled as she waited for me to open with a jaunty smile. I didn't miss my chance of kissing her as I opened the door.

"People are watching us," she complained, slapping me playfully on my arm.

"Let me kiss you deeply then," I remarked, watching her cheeks turn red. I love it when she blushes for me...

"Ugh..." she went over to the empty table. Keeping her things on the table, she waited for me to sit. I sat down, I watched her tie her hair into a messy bun. Thankfully, only three tables in the corner were occupied.

"Calla called you?" she asks with her beautiful eyes on me.

"Yeah, she wanted to meet us. They have started working on the base."

"We will go once the wedding is done." The waiter came over, handed us the menu and gave us some time to decide. I went with what Ava ordered.

"We need to bandage those knuckles once we go home." I looked at my knuckles, it would take some time for them to heal.

"Yeah."

"We need to practise our dance too." I chuckled.

"We will," Ava begged me to do a dance with her. I have never danced and I'm too shy to dance in front of people. I kept saying no, but when she started crying, saying she doesn't have any partner and she would be the only person who wouldn't be dancing at her brother's wedding. Drama...

When I finally said yes, she stopped crying and rushed to Celeb to tell him not to choose the song. They have selected the same playlist.

"Should I go for a haircut?" she asked. Ava has got long brown locks and I love her hair.

"If you want to go for a haircut, go for it. It will suit you anyway."

She thought about it. "I will go for a regular trim at the end. I don't want to cut it short."

"Okay."

"Tag along after the wedding." I smiled, agreeing to it.

*

Vote... Comment... Share...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 275 54
His blue grey eyes were glued to my brown eyes. "Tell me you don't hate me." He ordered me. "I hate you Mason." "No you don't." "Yes i do." He was t...
115K 3.1K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
Dusk By riri

Romance

302K 9.8K 25
Of all things Ava had expected to go wrong on her second day in a new city, igniting an old spark was not one of them. Her intentions had been pretty...
3.1M 81.1K 69
Never Kiss Your Roommate is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon pur...