My fighter Man

By varshachindam

He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadl... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Love Which Was Never Forgotten

20

14.3K 331 48
By varshachindam

Ava Morris

A smile stretched on my lips when the cool breeze touched my face and skin. I shivered and wrapped my arms around my body as I relaxed. I was exhausted and my muscles were tense because of the hours of work. I hadn't left my studio since morning and had forgotten about everything.

I relaxed and enjoyed the cold air but I knew I had to get in or else I would catch a cold. The weather has been getting worse for a week. It hadn't stopped pouring down and I didn't leave my house until today. I had to go to the studio and finish the work. The peace broke my blaring phone. I pulled the phone out of my jeans and answered the call knowing who it was.

"Hey, mum?"

"Where are you, young lady?"

"Studio?" I don't know why it came out as a question.

She sighed. "Do you have any idea of how tense I was?" She stayed silent. "I was calling you and you weren't answering my phone."

Guilt tripped in. "I'm sorry, mum. I had to concentrate on work and I put my phone on silent."

"You should have left a message. It was pouring down and I was worried that you might've stacked somewhere." I could hear the nervousness and tension.

"I'm sorry."

"When will you be home?" I looked at the wristwatch.

"I'm almost done with my work. I will be returning by 8:00 pm."

"Can you come home by 7:00 pm?"

"Hmm, sure. Let me just wrap everything and I will give you a call when I start from here."

"Okay, sweetie. Drive safe and be careful on highways."

"Sure." I ended the call and wandered inside. Rita and Briya were working on the wedding album.

"Did you guys finish working on the previous photos? We need to send them by Monday."

"They are done, we will email you. If you have any problem with the editing, we can change it as we have two days." Rita said.

"Okay, pack your bags. I will drop you girls at home."

"We will finish this and catch a cab," Briya said.

"I know you two can. By the looks of it, the weather is going to be worse. I don't want to put you in that situation. Come on, pack up and we will leave soon." Briya and Rita shared a look before agreeing.

*

I dropped the girls at their apartment, now driving home. It is pouring down heavily and I hope I reach home safely. My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID. It was Brad. I put it on the loudspeaker.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Done with your training?" I asked.

"Yeah, returned to the hotel. What about you?"

"I'm driving home," I said as I stopped seeing the red traffic light.

"You went to the studio in this weather?" I rolled my lower lip into the mouth and gave him a hum. "It wasn't that bad in the morning, the sun was out."

"Okay..."

"How was your day?" He asked as I heard some shuffling.

"It was good and hectic. We had to work on our deadlines." A heavy sigh left my mouth knowing I had to work once I was at home. "How was yours?"

"Normal, how's everything at home?"

"Ugh, mum and Vincent are walking on eggshells. They need to take a chill."

"Tell me about it." He replied. I narrated to him the whole scenario. "Vincent is nervous and even if Valerie is next door, he had to go and make sure that she is home."

"Hmm, he will be tense until they tie the knot."

"Yeah..." I slowed down the car when I saw the traffic.

"But Brad, when are you coming back?"

"I don't know."

"Hmm... I wish you had been here."

"I miss you." Just like that, my cheeks turned warm and my eyes moistened.

"I miss you too." Brad doesn't forget a day to call me. Most of the time, we do facetime and text each other whenever we get the chance. We have progressed in our relationship and I can say that we have been closer than before. Brad had opened up and he spoke more than four sentences now.

*

"Did you decide what you are going to wear for the wedding? Did you give your measurements?" My mom started questioning me as I sat down beside my dad.

"Nope, I need to go shopping for a dress." Her eyes widen comically and I'm ready for her scolding.

"Are you kidding me, Ava? We have four days in our hands and you didn't choose your dress for the wedding." She placed her hands on her hips.

"Mom, I have four days. I just need one day to select my dress."

"Young lady, we have work to do and when are you going to find time for shopping?"

"Mom, we hired a wedding planner and everything is done by them. We don't have to involve ourselves. Sunday is going to be the bachelor's party. Today is Thursday. See we have fourrr days."

"So what? Who is going to take care of the bachelor's party and the family dinner before the wedding?"

"The boys are taking care of the bachelor's party. I will help you with the family dinner. I will just go to the city in the morning and buy the dress. I already have dresses for the bachelor's party, family dinner and reception."

"Don't listen to her mom, I will be saying the same thing when it's her time. Let's see if she is going to be this cool at the time of her wedding." Vincent commented, entering the room with his tab.

"Hahaha... I don't have to worry about it because mum is there to handle everything and don't forget dad." He rolled his eyes while dad laughed.

"True..." Dad replied, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I smiled at dad but Brad's face started playing in my mind.

"But tell me, bro, why are you nervous? I mean everything is going to be good. Valerie said yes and she couldn't wait to call you as her husband. Everyone is happy, then why nervous?" I asked, leaning against dad. He rolled his eyes and took the single-seater.

"It's common to have nervousness, it's the wedding nervousness which everyone at their weddings faces. I was nervous and sweating while I waited for your mom at the aisle." I looked at him with frowning brows.

"But why papa? You two have agreed to marry, then why worry about it?"

"A wedding is a great and important day in everyone's life. When you meet the right person and choose to live your whole life with them, you don't want anything coming between you and your partner. By wedding means you are both starting a very new journey together. You will be facing good times and bad times. You won't know if you are going to make it or not. That's why people become nervous as unwanted questions and tension arise in their minds as they love someone truly."

"Hmm." I nodded my head, understanding.

"Vincent, don't shit in your pants. Everything will be alright. If something goes wrong, we are here to help you sort it out."

"Hmm." Vincent gave a soldier salute and I gave him back one.

"By the way, Ava, where are you going tomorrow? Your mom said you are travelling." Dad asked. I looked at mum to save me.

"She's got some work to do, it's urgent. She will be joining us later in the evening, darling," mum replied.

"Can't you travel some other time? Why at the time of the wedding?" Vincent asked.

"Nope, it is important. I will be there by evening. Don't you worry," I kissed Vincent's cheek before going to my room.

*

I was sitting in the same place for the last twenty minutes as I waited for my departure. It's early in the morning. I look around to see people playing on their phones, talking with strangers or someone they know. Some are sleeping with their head resting on their luggage bag.

I'm in my maroon camisole, denim jacket and tight jeans. My hair was done in a messy bun, I looked around to see if I could find anything interesting. There wasn't anything, so, hopelessly, I scrolled my Facebook, going through pictures and posts.

After a five-hour flight, I reached my destination. This is my first time coming here and I don't have any idea about anything. I looked around as I waited for my cab.

A smile played on my lips as I looked out of the window. I called my mum and informed her that I had reached my destination. My heart started beating as soon as I got off the cab. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Brad.

"Hey..." I heard his heavy voice. Must've done the cardio.

"Hi, Brad." My voice came out shakily.

"Is everything alright? Why do you sound nervous?"

"Haha, nothing." I awkwardly covered it up. "Wassup?" I asked while looking at the place.

"Treadmill and you?" I bit my lip as I started walking inside.

"Nothing much," I replied as people who were present gave me looks.

"Is everything okay Ava?"

"Yeah, why did you ask?" Everyone here is in training clothes while I'm wearing jeans and a jacket.

"Where are you, Ava? I hear some voices. Is someone with you?" he started questioning. As I walked further, the voices became loud. My eyes slightly widened looking at the men present here.

"I will call you in five minutes." I ended the call and looked for the reception desk. But there was no reception.

"Excuse me, mind telling us what you are doing here, miss? Visitors are not allowed here." I turned around to see a tall buff guy with a writing pad and a whistle. He must be the coach.

"Hi," I said and he waited for me to finish my sentence.

"I'm actually here to meet Brad." I heard ooh's around me while the man looked a little bit surprised.

"Brad? You mean Brad MacCarthy?" he asked suspiciously. He shared a look with the man standing beside him. My phone started ringing. This was a bad idea. I shouldn't have come here to surprise him. I was planning to meet him at his hotel but, without permission, I wasn't allowed to enter the hotel premises. If I called Brad, that wouldn't be a surprise anymore.

"Yes, can you help me find him?" I asked the man. He shook his head while he tapped his finger on the writing pad.

"You really know him? Or are you his crazy fan who is bluffing with me? I'm telling you, young lady, to leave. If you are lying you will be in deep shit. Brad doesn't like to meet anyone and he is a short-tempered person."

I signed they are right. I mean they don't know me and I can't expect them to allow me inside. I took the help of Brad's friend Mick. Sadly, Mick is out of town. That's the reason I need to get someone's help to find Brad.

"How did you get in, anyway? You cannot enter without an ID card." The other guy who was standing with the coach said.

"I used Mick's ID card." The coach raised his brow.

"You know Mick?"

"Yes." I showed him the ID card. "Mick is out of town or else I would've entered this place with him."

"Coach, it's Mick's ID." The coach hummed, but he wasn't sure.

"See, young lady, visitors are not allowed unless the members of this place bring them. Brad is a celebrity and we cannot invade his privacy. If Brad doesn't know you or if you are lying. You have to face a penalty for t and for bluffing."

"Coach, I think I saw this lady somewhere. Remember the article about Brad and a chick." A guy from behind said. There were hums agreeing with him.

"I'm not a chick," I commented, glaring at the guy as he smirked. I rejected Brad's call, he didn't stop calling me.

"Joe step back if Brad really knows her and saw you eyeing her. No one will help you," Coach said.

"Come on, miss." I followed the man. I saw people training. I would've been lost if I was on my own. My phone started ringing and this time I answered the call.

"Where are you, Ava? And why in the hell did you reject my call?" Brad's voice was scarily calm and I knew he was fuming in anger.

"I told you right. I will call you back." There was silence. "Hello? Brad, have you heard it?"

"I asked you a question."

"What question?"

"Ava...." I couldn't ignore the attention I was getting from everyone. It made me uncomfortable and I tried ignoring their eye contact.

"There." The coach pointed. Brad's back was facing me. He was in a private ring and holding the phone near to his ear.

"Why don't you turn back and see?"

"What?"

"Turn around, Brad." He doesn't turn around and I end the call.

"I said why don't you turn around and see yourself..." He was startled by the voice and turned around wearing a blown face. My smile widened knowing I had surprised him.

"Hi, baby." I waved my hand as he opened and closed his mouth. He took strong and fast strides towards me, he pulled me into his sweaty forearms, hugging me tightly.

"Brad can't breathe..." He pulled away, looking at me.

"Are you stupid?" he questioned.

"No."

"Do you know how risky it is to come here? You could've told me and I would've met you."

"Then it's not a surprise, Brad. I wanted to surprise you. Didn't you like your surprise?" I tried to put on my sad face. There was a panicked expression before he blinked it away.

"I love the surprise." He kissed the back of my hand that was in his hand. "Why are you here?"

"I know you have your lightweight finale today, I want to be here and cheer for you." He gave me a small smile and with the expressions crossed his eyes. I know he is happy and me being present for him means a lot to him.

"Thank you, let's go," he whispered.

"Are you leaving?" the coach asked Brad.

"I will return in an hour."

"Who is she?" he asked Brad calmly.

"She is my girlfriend and tell your men not to look at her. If I find anyone looking, it won't be good."

"Okay, I will tell them."

"Thank you," I said. The coach gave me a nod before leaving and pulling others with him. Brad walked over to his bag to put on his t-shirt.

"I'm not your girlfriend."

"Oh."

"Oh? You never asked me to be your girlfriend, Brad."

"Hmm..."

He ignored me, taking my hand in his. I looked at him as we started walking towards the entrance. I didn't get any attention but there were whispers.

"What does hmm mean? I'm not your girlfriend." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.1K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
29.9K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...
1.9K 534 36
[Genre: Romance, Drama, unrequited Love] Diana's best friend, her unrequited crush, is getting married soon. As she's heartbroken watching the new co...
655K 15.6K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...