My fighter Man

By varshachindam

He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadl... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Love Which Was Never Forgotten

16

13.8K 323 17
By varshachindam

Ava Morris

"Mummy, can you make me a strong coffee, please?" Mum nodded her head and stood up from her chair.

"I will bring it right away darling."

"Thank you." I closed my eyes, feeling the tiredness. My back hurts more than anything. I placed my laptop on the table before leaning my body, hearing the cracking of my body as I stretched and released the tension.

"Can you clean this mess?" I turned my head to see Serena. Serena had a disgusted expression playing on her face. There were camera tools, pendrives, books and wires on the table and around me.

"Not happening and one mess is saying to clean the other mess," I say. She glared when I said that. I dislike this lady. I don't know how Vincent even likes her.

"Just move these stupid papers."

"Listen here woman, that's my stuff you are talking about, I'm not going to move them. This is my home, you are a guest. Behave like one." I glared back. I don't want to sound rude towards her, but I have been patient enough to keep up with her drama and comments. She was unnecessarily rude and snappy.

"What's happening here?" Vincent entered the room.

"Baby, your sister is being rude, she hurt me." She started her drama.

"Vincent, tell your girlfriend to stay away from my stuff if she doesn't want me to behave rudely."

"But this is a mess, baby. I don't like to sit when it is messy."

"unless you are planning to sit on the floor, honey." I pointed to the sofa which was empty. "The sofa is empty and neat."

"I don't like these things on the floor." She turned to Vincent. "Baby, tell her to move this mess to her room." I shook my head, clicking my tongue. I walked away to the kitchen.

"And if she touches my stuff, you know what I can do." I yelled, letting them know. Vincent knows about me disliking it when people touch my stuff without permission.

"I was bringing your coffee. Why do I hear a noise?" mum asked. She looked confused as to why I walked into the kitchen.

"It's Serena, she is a dramatic woman. I don't like her." I took a sip of my coffee.

"Don't worry, Vincent is going today and she will be leaving along with him. Don't be harsh to her."

"Mum, she is the one who behaves rudely and harshly."

"Okay... Okay..." I walked back into the living room where I had to finish the remaining work. If the work is done, I will be able to take a nap.

*

"Ugh..." I bent down to gather my things which had fallen. I don't know why I'm being so clumsy today. My parents are out of town to meet my grandparents while Vincent is meeting his friends. He said they are having a get-together party tonight.

I met Axel and Celeb yesterday but I didn't see Brad. I felt sad though because I wanted to see him. It's been a long time since I saw him. I don't know if he is attending their get-together party or not. Axel has got a girlfriend, but Celeb is single and not ready to mingle.

I was surprised to know Axel is in a serious relationship. I never thought that guy would be in a serious relationship. I was so busy with thoughts I didn't see someone coming. I bumped into them and again my things fell. I groaned before picking them up for the second time. My stomach is growling for food and all I'm doing is being clumsy.

"I'm sorry."

"How are you?" my head snapped so fast that it hurt. My eyes widened, looking at Brad, whose face was covered by a mask.

"I—am good and you?"

"I'm doing fine." He helped me gather my things and we stood up. He was wearing black from top to bottom. His head is buried in his hoodie.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"You must be here for that party," I answered my question. He didn't say anything.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm here for breakfast," he nodded his head, taking my things in his hands.

"It's okay, I can carry them." He slightly moved his hands away when I tried to take my belongings.

"No, let me."

As we entered the small cafe, we looked around as it was packed. People started looking at our way as we walked towards the counter. I looked at the menu and studied it. They have a breakfast pack kind.

I turned to Brad, who stood behind me with my things in his arms, "Should I order yours?" He didn't say anything but nodded his head.

"Breakfast number two please and make it three." It consists of bacon, cheese sandwich, eggs and coffee.

"Okay ma'am, are you going to eat here or take away, ma'am?"

"Take away," Brad whispered.

"Take away."

"Your number will be this ma'am." She handed me my bill and a number on it. I was about to pay when Brad handed her his card.

"I wanted to pay," I told him. He nodded at the lady and took the card back.

"It is paid now." We moved to the empty table and a few boys who were sitting beside us looked at Brad and started whispering to themselves. I know Brad is feeling uncomfortable now along with me.

"It's Brad McCarthy man!" one of them yelled in surprise. Brad looked at him, making the guy shut his mouth. The lad walked towards our table with wonder in his eyes.

"Sir, I'm a huge fan of yours, can I have a picture with you, sir, please..." I knew Brad was going to decline.

"No."

"Only one picture, sir. I won't disturb you. Just one picture..."

"Brad, just once. Let him stand beside you and I click the picture." The boy turned his head and nodded his head hysterically.

"Boy, you stand near him." He handed me his phone while Brad frowned at me.

"Smile Brad." I made him keep his face neutral, no smile, no frown, while the boy had a huge smile on his face.

"Thank you... Thank you so much." The boy took his phone from me and walked to his table. I guess people are scared to ask Brad for a photo.

"It was only one picture, Brad and that kid was so happy," I say, looking at the boy who is beaming with happiness, looking at his phone screen. When our number was called, I stood up along with Brad.

I took the packed food and walked out. I brought my mom's car. I don't have my own car yet. Brad took the car keys from my pocket, startling me. He took the driving seat while I took the passenger seat. I tore the paper bag in a peculiar way and started opening the boxes. I passed Brad's food.

"We will eat here, I'm hungry." I brought extra because I knew this food isn't enough for Brad. I moaned when I took a bite of the crispy bacon.

"This is so good..." We ate our food while I spoke about random places where you get good food.

I couldn't take my eyes away from Brad. He removed his hood, there were scratches on his face because of fights. His hair is cut short and the sides are gone. He used to have very thick curls, but now he keeps his hair short, a buzz cut.

"Where are you going?" he asked me.

"Oh, I have a photoshoot in thirty minutes. Central Park." I finished my food and coffee.

"Photoshoot?"

"Yup! I opened my photo studio, I get paid for my shoots."

"Studio?" he looked surprised.

"Yes Brad, after graduation I opened my studio. It's a small one, but I started it with my savings," I said proudly.

"Good to hear." he patted my head, which surprised me because he never does that. He removed his hand immediately when he realized it. Clearing his throat, he started driving. I couldn't stop from grinning. I asked him questions and he gave me one-word answers, which sometimes annoyed me.

"Why do you always give one-word answers?"

"I don't know." We reached the park and I exhaled heavily. Today I'm having a photoshoot of three kids. Two of them are toddlers while the other one is six years old. I have met them before and it is going to be a tough task to make them stay in one place.

"I'm going to have a hard time with this one."

"Why?" He asked while I took my belongings out of the back seat.

"It is a kids' photoshoot. They never stay in one place." The park isn't filled with people, only a few high school kids were wandering around.

"There you are, they got a theme," Briya says as soon as she spotted me.

"Theme? They didn't tell me that."

"They want to do that now."

"What's the theme?"

"Superheroes," she replied while I looked at the boys who were dressed as Superman, Spider-Man and Thor.

"Oh my God, is he Brad MacCarthy?!" Briya yelled in excitement startling me.

"Ah?" I turned to her to see her looking at Brad.

"Oh yeah, he is Brad MacCarthy. He is with me."

"You know him?" she turned to me while Brad stood there at a distance looking at me and Briya. He must've stopped walking when Briya yelled.

"Yeah, he is my brother's friend."

*

"I'm done for the day," I said, sitting on the bench while the boys took pictures with Brad. They even made him carry them on his shoulders to take pictures. I captured everything. Brad helped me throughout the shoot, which I'm thankful for.

"Want to join me for lunch?" he asked. I smiled up at him. I'm hungry and I cannot wait any longer to have lunch.

"Yes!"

"There is a restaurant across the street."

"Let's go then and eat."

"Your belongings?"

"Can you carry them? Please, Brad, they are heavy and you have got muscles." He raised his eyebrows at me but didn't say anything. He took my bags in his hands and carried them while I grinned at him. It's the small things which make me happy and Brad carrying my bag is something which I never expected. It makes my heart flutter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
517K 11K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
21.3M 445K 24
WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION The Bro Code says to leave no bro behind... But what happens when you have to choose between love and friendship? ...
29.5K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...