My fighter Man

By varshachindam

He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadl... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Love Which Was Never Forgotten

13

14.3K 332 13
By varshachindam

Ava Morris

"Would you like to have another one, ma'am?"

"I wanna try the strawberry cheesecake."

"One second, ma'am." I nodded my head, waiting for the girl to give me the strawberry cheesecake. I was wandering around clicking a few pictures when I found this cute cafe. I wanted to eat a chocolate muffin and here I'm.

"Here you go, ma'am." I took the cheesecake from her and paid the bill. She gave me a smile before handing me the change. I put the change in her box.

"Thank you." She gave me a nod and I smiled, stepping away from the line. There were two people behind me.

I took my cheesecake and moved towards the end. There was only one table left. I kinda felt awkward as everyone here was with someone to hang out with while I stood alone. I took my seat and placed my bag on the empty chair. I was about to take a bite of the cake, my phone started blaring in my pocket. I fished it out to see who was calling me. It was Mum.

"Hey, mum!"

"Hi sweetheart, how are you?"

"I'm good and you? How is dad doing? Is he home?"

" Dad and I are good. He went out to meet his friends. Are you coming home? It's been two months since you visited us last time." she signed.

"I'm sorry, I was having my semester exams. I will be coming for Christmas and I will be home for new year's eve."

"Really?!" I chuckled, listening to her excitement.

"Yes mom, I'm going to be home for two weeks."

"Good... Good... I miss you all, it's really boring without you, Vincent, Brad, Axel, celeb..."

I signed, leaning against the chair, "Mom why don't we plan for something? We will go and meet Vincent."

"We haven't seen him for a while now. Now I have got two weeks. We can go on a holiday to London to celebrate Christmas with Vincent."

"That's a good idea, darling. I will talk to your dad and will finalize the trip. I miss your brother."

I spoke with her for a while before ending the call, as my eye caught something or should I say, someone. I don't know why he is here, he was looking at the different kinds of cupcakes and cakes on the display. A few of the crowd who recognized Brad turned around and started taking his pictures. And others looked at Brad in confusion when they saw the men talking among themselves.

He has successfully ignored me for five months now. From the little information, I got to know that he had been selected for the UFC. The knockdown session ended, making him popular, when an important man related to the UFC saw Brad's fight. He has attended all the matches to see Brad. After the knockdown session, he contacted Brad.

I was there for the final match with the help of Siana. Siana and I became good friends. She is studying at the city college of fashion. She is in her final year of masters. She is inquisitive about exploring places. She is wild, pretty, curious and there is a touch of innocence in her.

Brad didn't call me. I accepted it and work kept me occupied. I will graduate soon and there are a couple of internships which I'm interested in. I might move to the city for three months because of the internship before I move back home to do my dream project.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone started blaring. I looked at where Brad was a few minutes ago to find no one. He must've gone. I wonder for whom he is here. Brad doesn't like sweets, he doesn't like chocolate and rarely eats anything sweet.

I remember the day clearly. My mom made her famous double chocochip cupcakes for him. He couldn't say no to her. He quietly took one and munched on it before he threw up. Mum got upset with her as she didn't ask Brad what he liked. Later, she made him an English breakfast, which he liked. I wonder if he eats an English breakfast every day.

It was Poppy asking me where I was. I replied to her that I would be coming in ten minutes. I was done eating my cake, I collected my belongings and walked to where the bus stop was. Thankfully, there is a direct bus to where I live. By the time I reached my place, it was a bit late.

I walked to my dorm, smiled and waved my hand to the people whom I know. I unlocked my dorm room to see it empty. I thought Poppy was there. I put my bag on the table before falling on my soft bed. I closed my eyes and was about to sleep when I heard the knock on the door. I looked up to see the door open and in walked Kim, our neighbor.

"Ava, there is someone who is looking for you."

"Who?"

"He didn't say his name, he asked someone to call you. They asked me to inform you. He is waiting near the garden area."

"Okay, thanks."

"Anytime." She closed the door and left the room.

I put on my slippers and wandered to the garden area. I was sleepy and tired. I was surprised to see a familiar figure standing near the bench with his back facing me. There was no one around to see us.

"Brad?" he turned around. I stopped walking and looked at him in surprise and confusion.

"What are you doing here?"

"To― See you."

"Ohh."

"Hmm." We both stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"Why were you asking others to call me? You could've called me." I remember giving him my number but he never called me.

"I kind of lost it, I'm using another number now. I don't have your number."

"Ohh..." I waited for him to say the reason he came to see me. I can feel the excitement growing in me and the memory of him being close to me and the touch of his lips started playing in my mind. I licked my lips unknowingly and looked away when I started feeling the heat creeping up my neck.

"I'm moving to Las Vegas."

"Huh?" I gazed at him in surprise.

"I got selected by the UFC and they need me to move to Las Vegas for training." He kept his blank and expressionless but his gaze was moving everywhere but on me.

"Congratulations Brad, that's good― I'm happy for you." I smiled even though it hurt. I'm happy about the news but he is moving away. If he moved to Las Vegas, I'm sure I wouldn't be meeting him.

"You will be leaving after Christmas?" I asked him, knowing he wouldn't be saying anything unless I asked.

"No, I'm leaving tomorrow." I flinched a little as my smile left my face.

"And you are telling me now?"

"Hmm, I don't know when I will be back. I wanted to give you these," he replied, handing me his keys.

"Why are you giving me apartment keys?"

"I won't be there for a year or more. I don't know what to do with my apartment. You can stay there and take care of my place."

"But why would you want me to stay there?" he stayed quiet.

"You might want to use it at your exam time. You can stay there and prepare for your exams." I took the keys from his hands and tried my hardest not to show my feelings.

"You sure?"

"Yes." I heard him taking a step close to me.

"Give me your number so that I can inform you about the place," I said, handing him my phone. He took my phone into his and started typing. He handed me back, pushing his hands into his pockets.

"You are going home?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm done with my exams. I need to attend our college annual event before I leave home."

"Vincent is coming home?"

"No, we are planning to go to London to meet him. I thought maybe you would be joining us this Christmas Eve." There was an emotion playing on his face.

"I can't." I nodded my head, understanding.

"We will be leaving early but we are not sure about the trip yet," I said to keep the conversation.

"Why?"

"Hmm, Vincent might be busy with his tours and recordings. If his schedule for Christmas is free, we will be traveling." He was about to say something when his phone started ringing. He pulled up his phone, he got an irritating look on his face.

"I need to go." I absentmindedly nodded my head, looking at my feet.

"Take care, Ava." I heard him whisper. I thought he had left, but what startled me was as he kissed my forehead, wrapping his hand around my neck. We aren't hugging, he stood in front of me and his lips stayed against my forehead for a little time before he pushed himself off.

"I will text you and this is for you." He took a paper cover off the bench which I didn't see. I got the cover from his hands and gazed at him. He studied my face as if he was remembering every detail of my face. He looked hesitant for a second before turning around.

"Study well."

"Be safe." I waved my free hand as he pulled his hood on and went away. I watched his retreating figure.

I unlocked my phone to see he saved his name as Brad McCarthy. I chuckled as he saved his full name. I don't know how he got his surname. I opened the paper bag to see the boxes of cupcakes.

He went to that cafe to buy me cupcakes. He is moving to Las Vegas and I can't do anything now. I know there isn't going to be any chance of me with him. He seemed far more distant than I thought he would be.

I stood there as a dark look clouded over me making my insides churn, thinking about Brad. I really believed that there was a chance for Brad and me but all my hopes went down. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 143 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
37.9M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
29.7K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...
1.9K 534 36
[Genre: Romance, Drama, unrequited Love] Diana's best friend, her unrequited crush, is getting married soon. As she's heartbroken watching the new co...