My fighter Man

By varshachindam

He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadl... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Love Which Was Never Forgotten

5

21.7K 428 38
By varshachindam

Ava Morris

I drummed the pen against the table while my gaze was fixed on the board. Julian is sitting beside me and I can hear him whisper talking with Ron. I couldn't hear what they were talking about but I'm sure it was something personal.

"Hey Ava," Julian said. I turned my head and gazed at him. "Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?" Julian asked.

"Yeah?"

"On that night when we all went to fight, why did you rush us out? Why was Brad looking at you?" He is curious to know and I haven't opened out about that night nor did they try to ask me about it.

"Tell me only if you are comfortable. I don't want to force you."

"We both kind of know each other," I whispered.

"Holy shit Ava! You know that guy?" he whisper-yelled.

"Yeah."

"How cool, if you want to do something for this friend please make me meet him," he says, holding his hands together.

I laughed, shaking my head. "That's stupid, he isn't a celebrity. And that isn't going to happen."

A gasp left his mouth. I looked at Ron and Poppy who were looking at us. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah..." I told them and they looked away doing their work.

"What are you talking about, girl? He is like the town's superstar and every guy wants to have a body like his. Did you see how hot his body looked? Those goddamn muscles which make me jealous and those dark eyes which hold dark emotions."

I looked at him weirdly "Don't tell me that you have a crush on him."

He winked at me "You never know."

"What?!" I laughed and he joined me.

"Guys, keep it low. I don't want everyone looking at us," Ron said.

"Why are you guys laughing? Share the joke with us. We will also laugh," Poppy said, looking confused.

"Ssh!" I said, concentrating on the lecturer who was explaining some topic.

I took a risk and went to the same shady place where Brad warned me not to go. My friends were going and I couldn't stay back in the dorm room when all I wanted was to see Brad. Risking, I went there again, but Brad saw me. Let's just say he was mad... He was super mad when he saw me. I can't explain in words how dangerous he looked.

Before he could get out of the boxing ring, I dashed out of the place as quickly as I could. This time Poppy and Lola kept asking questions but I didn't tell them anything. I felt bad but I couldn't just tell them that I knew Brad.

"We are thinking about going to the movies tonight. What do you guys say?" Lola asked.

"I'm okay with that," I answered, popping a chocolate in my mouth and handing another piece of chocolate to Julian. Ron is sleeping with his head down on the table.

Everyone agreed to it, "Ant-man is okay with everyone?" Max asked, checking his phone.

"Is there no other movie?" Julian questioned.

"Not really, but let me check," Max replied. Poppy peeked into Max's phone to check the movies.

"Okay, Minions, Inside out, Ant-man, Juraffic world..." Poppy read.

"Minions," Lola said.

"Ant-man," Ron said sleepily.

"Inside out," Julian said.

"Let me watch the inside-out trailer," I said.

"You haven't watched the trailer? Didn't I share the trailer on my Instagram?" Julian asked. Poppy rolled her eyes.

"Julian, honey. We don't really check what you post all the time," Poppy replied.

"I don't post all the time, unlike you," Julian said. Poppy was going to say something but Max stopped her.

"Don't, the professor is looking at us."

"I will not leave you," Poppy said to Julian, and Julian pushed his tongue out.

"Julian... What's this bro," Max said. Max is fed up with Ron and Julian fighting with Poppy all the time. I chuckled, knowing Ron and Julian just like to pull Poppy's leg.

"Okay."

"Hmm, minions is good," I said.

"What did you choose?" Julian asked Max.

"Ant-man."

"I vote for Ant man," Poppy said.

" The majority is for Ant-man. So we will go to Ant-man," Max said.

"What about Auden?" Julian asked and that's when it clicked in Lola's mind. She was busy writing the notes.

"Where is Auden?" Lola asked.

"Your boyfriend is sleeping here on the floor," Julian answered.

"Ugh, get him up when the class ends," she says, turning her gaze back to the board.

I stop myself from laughing, we do have so much space for walking. A person can easily sleep on the floor without getting caught. If Auden felt sleepy he would get back and lie down on the ground without caring about the dust. He then uses his bag as his pillow.

"Maybe I should try sleeping on the floor once," Max said. I look at Auden who is in deep sleep with his mouth open.

Lola, Max and Poppy sat in the front as they got their seats there. While, Ron, Julian, Auden and I sat behind them. Julian started making small paper balls and started targeting Auden's mouth.

"Julian stop throwing papers at my boyfriend's mouth. I will kick your ass once the class ends," Lola warned in a low voice.

*

"Hey don't mess with my hair," Lola said as Ron pulled her hair for fun.

"Your hair looks funny today. Why is it like that?" Ron asks, pulling her hair.

I laughed, looking at her hair. Lola tried some new gel that she got from a saloon. She decided to use the gel to curl her hair. But the gel wasn't good and it ended up worsening the hairstyle.

"I curled it, idiot," she says, beating his hand away.

"Curls? Do they look like curls to you?" He joked.

"Auden, Ron is irritating me. Tell him to stop playing with my hair."

"Stop irritating my girlfriend," Auden said. "I just want to stand in peace."

"Why do you complain about everything to him?" Ron asked Lola.

"Because he is my boyfriend," Lola replied.

"So? You have to complain about everything?" Lola looked at him weirdly.

"His my boyfriend duh. I like to tell him if you are irritating me. Now you are irritating me so much..." Lola said, pushing Ron's arm away from her shoulder.

"You are so clingy," Ron pointed out, and Lola rolled her eyes.

"Auden doesn't have any problem with me being clingy."

"Max is going to get our tickets or not," Julian groaned.

"He is taking forever," I said, leaning against the wall.

"Yeah..." I pushed my hair back and looked around at the people who were present. We are in the mall. The cinema floor isn't fully occupied but the other floors are bustling with people.

"There he is," Poppy said.

"Thank god."

"Sorry, the transaction wasn't happening," Max said, handing us the popcorn tickets. "It's unlimited and I got four tubs."

"Good," I say. Taking the ticket token. Max and Poppy will be sharing one tub, Lola and Auden will be sharing one, Ron and Julian will be sharing one and I will be having one tub.

"Do you want to have a coke?" Julian asked Ron.

"Yeah."

"It's included with the popcorn, bro," Max said.

"Oh, that's good."

We got our popcorn and drinks before entering the hall. "Where?"

"10-17, row K," Max said. The hall was getting filled and the ads started playing on the screen. Another five minutes and the cinema will begin. My phone vibrated in my pocket but I didn't check the message knowing it's from the college group.

I sat beside Poppy while Ron sat to my right. Ron looked at Poppy and Max. "Do not talk and if you guys are going to make out then please don't disturb us."

"Eww don't, I'm sitting beside you guys." Poppy grunted in response while Ron laughed.

"Why are you like that? You don't have to mention it," Poppy said to Ron. The kids who were sitting in the before row turned around when they heard Ron.

Ron chuckled. "Then where is the fun? I love to irritate you guys."

"Thank god, he isn't sitting beside us," I heard Lola say. I laughed, Ron is the prankster of our group. He loves to disturb everyone and irritate others when he isn't doing anything. Ron and I joked before the movie began. We became quiet and our eyes were glued to the screen. I'm not much of a marvel fan, but I like to watch their movies.

I got an urge to pee, so I kept my cola on the holder and stood up. "Where?" Poppy asked.

"Restroom," I replied.

Okay."

Ron moved his legs and gave space for me to move toward the end. I hit some legs in the process. It was so dark that I couldn't see my legs or any person. Why aren't my eyes dilating yet?

I go outside and follow the signboard to the restrooms. I find the restrooms far away from the theatre near the entrance. It was so empty as I walked into the ladies' restroom. As I use the toilet, my thoughts go to Brad. I haven't heard a word from his side, but I know I'm in deep shit. I believe he didn't call Vincent. If he had, I would've gotten a call from Vincent.

"I just hope nothing happens," I whispered to myself, buttoning my jeans and walking out of the bathroom. My gaze falls on the two girls who are near the wash basins.

"Have you seen the man standing near hall one?" The girl wearing pink asked.

"Yeah... He is hot." The girls gossiped about among themselves. When I'm done, I look at my face in the mirror before stepping out of the restroom. I looked around to see the man the girls were talking about. I'm a bit inquisitive about seeing the hot man. Who would ignore checking out a hot man in the theatre?

My eyes and heart almost popped out when I saw Brad leaning against the wall at the end of the hallway. I blink my eyes and stop walking, the girls step out of the washroom and make a noise that causes him to look up.

"It is him... He is standing over there..."

"Oh my god! He is coming over here!" I could hear the excitement of the girls.

I couldn't move away, Brad calmly walked towards me but I could see the enraged look in his eyes. He is only calm on the outside but inside he is enraged and furious. Before I turned around and hid inside the restroom cubicle, he stood right in front of me. I took a turn but his fingers wrapped around my hand stopped me from escaping.

With exhaustive eyes and a beating heart, I looked up at him. He was looking down at me with enraged eyes. He removed his hand immediately and took a step back but didn't remove his eyes from me.

"What are you planning to do? Are you trying to get caught up in the chaos?" He asked in his detrimental voice with anger radiating from his eyes.

"Do you think it's cool to go to some shady places? Do you have any idea what happens in the dark to girls?" His voice made me nervous.

"What are you trying to say even after telling you not to come? Do you want to become one of the lost souls who doesn't have any idea of what is happening around them?" I don't know why, but that made me tear up and cry. I rolled my lower lip inside my mouth to control my tears but they didn't stop.

That angry tone of his made me cry. He must've felt something but didn't show that on his face. Just looked at me with a blank look. "I'm only telling you the reality of what goes on over there." His tone is tuned down and there is a slight gentleness to it.

"I won't inform Vincent, don't ever go there. It wouldn't be nice if I saw you the next time." He didn't wait for me to say anything. He turned around on his heel and left.

I turned around and ran into the restroom. Good thing, the girls immediately left when Brad started walking towards me. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Except for the fresh tears on my face, everything was good.

"Why did I end up crying?!"

"Why did I cry before him?! Why was he furious when he spoke..."

"Ugh... How embarrassing!" I said before washing my face. I waited in the bathroom for another ten minutes before going back to the theatre.

"What took you so long? What were you doing in the washroom?" Poppy asked.

"To cry," I replied.

"Haha," she said, turning her attention back to the screen. She thought I was being sarcastic when, in fact, I told her the truth. A sigh left my mouth. I couldn't concentrate on the movie as my mind was clouded by Brad's thoughts.

By the time we were out of the theatre, I was hungry and in need of food. I looked at Max and Poppy who were talking among themselves. Ron got a call and he went over to answer the call. Julian is checking his messages.

"Let us all go to Bellissimo," Auden said.

"I'm hungry, my little stomach needs food," I said.

"Awe, our little Ava is hungry?" Max asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I did a jab in the torso which made him hiss in pain while others laughed.

"Ava, you are small but strong. You don't have to beat my man," Poppy said, holding Max's stomach.

"Okay." I winked at Max and he chuckled, knowing I would be doing that again.

I went with Julian and Ron while the couples drove in their cars. The embarrassing scene of me crying in front of Brad makes me go insane. I want to pull my hair but I can't do that in front of my friends.

What do you mean by Justin Bieber is playing in the car. Ron and I started singing along with the song. I need to forget about that and chill with my friends.

When we reached the restaurant it wasn't rushy. Julian and Ron are my close friends as they are the only guys who aren't dating anyone. I know Ron is still in love with his ex-girlfriend who broke up with him because of long distance. Julian, I don't know why he isn't dating anyone. I asked him once. He said he wasn't interested in anyone.

"Ava let's have a study date. I'm having difficulty with three subjects. I don't wanna have a backlog this time," Ron said.

"Sure, fix a date. It will be a revision for me."

"You are saying as if you have already read everything. You will be reading those topics when I ask you to teach me, Ava," Ron said.

I laughed because he is true. I haven't prepared for exams for months. I will be opening my book at the time of internals. Because of Ron, I will be going through the topics and chapters.

"You know me better."

"Mrs Watson is being an evil woman. She gave me a C when I expected a b+," he said.

"You know how she is. And knowing about her and expecting b+ is over expecting," Julian said at the same time the couples came.

I need to stop eating outside, I need to do the grocery shopping and cook. I don't understand how some students go for fast food daily. Doesn't it cost them too much?

We ordered our food and talked about things. We never went on a trip. They always come to my home to spend a few days in the holidays. But we all never went together on a trip. Maybe we should have a trip this year.

That's what every senior-year student does, right?

"Ron, pass the ketchup," I said. He passed it to me not before teasing me.

"There is this fest next month. We are planning to go there," Lola said.

"Next month right, we have so much time to decide," Ron replied.

"We need to book the tickets dumb," Poppy said.

"Ohh."

"What fest?"

"College fest, music nights, dance competitions and DJ nights for three days," Max said.

"Okay," I said. I like DJ nights, I don't have any problem with that.

"We only have nine days before this month ends," Julian said.

"I feel so bored this year," Auden said.

"Bored?" I asked.

"Yeah, last year we enjoyed it a lot. We went to different parties every night. Visited so many places. Now I feel so bored this semester. Ugh!" he explained.

"Oh my gosh is that Brad McCarthy?!" Poppy exclaimed.

"Where? Where?!" Lola asked, looking here and there.

"To your right, he is standing outside with someone."

Shit...

Why is it him twice a day?! Ugh... I don't want to see him...

I turned to my right to see Brad standing with one of the buff guys. The guy was saying something while Brad was listening to him with his usual dark face. He hadn't seen me yet. I tried to play it cool and hide. But I can't when he already saw us when Lola called him by his name loudly.

Shit!

I quickly turned around while Lola and Poppy looked at him with awe-struck looks. "Why did you call his name out loudly?" I asked her.

"I couldn't stop myself from calling him, I never saw him outside the ring," Lola said.

"Yes."

"Is he coming?" I asked and they all looked at him.

"Why would he come here?"

Well, I expected him to come here. I turned my head to see that Brad had turned around and spoke with the man. His back is facing us. For some reason, I felt my heart drop but I didn't want it to show on my face.

"He is out with his friends, we shouldn't be looking at him and make it awkward," Julian said.

"Yeah... Come on, let's concentrate on food," Ron said.

"Yes." I looked at Brad once before looking back at my food.

*

 Please comment and vote the chapters. If possible try to share the book on social media if you liked the story. Thank you...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 534 36
[Genre: Romance, Drama, unrequited Love] Diana's best friend, her unrequited crush, is getting married soon. As she's heartbroken watching the new co...
19M 645K 70
Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, his brows touched together as he looked at...
14.2K 275 54
His blue grey eyes were glued to my brown eyes. "Tell me you don't hate me." He ordered me. "I hate you Mason." "No you don't." "Yes i do." He was t...
3.7K 66 16
Quinn Parker moves from coast to coast to pursue her dream of becoming a photographer. Will she find love along the way? Will tragedy strike and the...