The Daughter of Lothlorien |...

By _maatcha_

The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet... More

Disclaimer
Nymeria Ohtatimearo-O Kal
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
The start of An Unexpected Journey
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A/N + Sequel
The Dragon's Fire (Sequel out!)

Chapter 15

1.7K 65 26
By _maatcha_

Previously:

"Who did you tell about your quest beyond your kin?" Gandalf questioned, a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"No one," Thorin replied.

"Who did you tell?" Gandalf thundered.

"No one, I swear." Thorin bit back, "What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You are being hunted."

"We have to get out of here." Dwalin urged.

"We can't. We have no ponies. They bolted!" Ori exclaimed.

"I'll draw them off." Said a determined Radagast.

"These are Gundabad Wargs. They will outrun you." Gandalf disagreed.

"These are Rhosgobel rabbits." Stated Radagast proudly, "I'd like to see them try." He finished off with a smirk.

-------------------------------------------------------------

*Distant howling*

Wargs were around the edge of the forest, about to go in but changed course when Radagast came bursting out of the trees. 'This was quite a scene' thought Nymeria: A pack of hungry, smelly, and disgusting wargs chasing an old man on a chariot pulled by rabbits who were hurling insults at the wargs.

"AH! COME AND GET ME!" laughed Radagast, cackling at the wargs who did not seem to be as fast as the rabbits. Anyone within a 5-mile radius could hear Radagast laughing like a madman, which Nymeria was almost quite sure he was.

As the Brown wizard drew the wargs of, Gandalf lead the company through the drylands, hiding behind rocks whenever a warg would pass by.

"Come on." He urged. Then 13 dwarves plus a half-ling and an elleth, would move at a tremendous slow pace to the next stone.

"Stay together" Was the only advice given by Gandalf.

"Come on Bilbo, if you feel tired, I could carry your bags for you." Nymeria insisted when seeing the poor hobbit slow down.

Bilbo nodded and gave his pack to Nymeria, who lifted it up and placed it on her shoulders like it was made of air. Many times, Nymeria would have to drag one of the dwarves behind a rock, afraid of being seen.

"All of you, come on. Quick!" Gandalf said as he pointed where to go.

"Where are you leading us?" Thorin questioned suspiciously. Gandalf looked at him but did not reply.

'He is smart not to' conscience number 1 told her.

'Of course, he wouldn't, Mithrandir is leading them to Imladris (Rivendell). The stubborn dwarf would disagree.'  conscience number 2 agreed.

Thorin rolled his eyes at Gandalf but decided to follow him still. As they hid behind a rock, a lone warg with his rider, climbed onto the rock and sniffed.

'Uh Oh.' Nymeria thought, 'This is going to end badly.'

Thorin gave Kili a look, Kili raised his bow to shoot the warg down, but there was another arrow already protruding from the warg's heart. The warg let out a yell, Nymeria cursed in dwarvish. All the dwarves looked at her in wonder.

"What?" Nymeria asked, "Never heard an elf woman swear before?"

She wasted no time in cutting down the Orc with her arrow.

Nymeria knew that they had been heard.

'Damn the loud Orc.' She thought.

'It gave away our position.'

"The Dwarf-scum are over there!" Nymera's ears twitched, she gave Gandalf a look.

"Lle-cin tegi- amen na Imladris (Can you lead us to Rivendell?)" She asked. Gandalf nodded.

"After them!"

The wargs change course and sped to where the sound came from.

"Move run!" Gandalf yelled.

Even though they were far away from the wargs, the beasts were excellent trackers. Furthermore, they were very sensitive to a dwarf's scent.

'I think we are in trouble' the first voice stated, 

'Gee, you think?' said the second sarcastically.

"Quickly!" Nymeria heard Gandalf shout.

Suddenly they stopped abruptly, they were surrounded.

"KILI, NIGHTSHADE SHOOT THEM."

Nymeria raised her bow, along with Kili, and shot with precision, taking down one Orc every time.

"Where is Gandalf?" She could hear a dwarf say.

"He has abandoned us." She heard another reply.

Nymeria could see the lead rider advancing towards them. The youngest shot a stone towards him, which proved affectless.

"Hold your ground!" Thorin shouted, "Nightshade bring them down!"

Nymeria raised her bow to shoot any orc that dared to come in her range.

"This way you fool!" Called Gandalf who appeared behind a bolder.

"Quickly all of you!" Thorin yelled.

One by one, all the dwarves and a hobbit slid down the sandhill to who knows where. A warg advanced on them, Nymeria shot another arrow at it, successfully bringing it down. Kili kept on shooting as well.

"KILI!" His uncle shouted, "RUN!"

"Wow, you guys care so much about me." Commented Nymeria, with sarcasm dripping from her voice.

As the twins slid down, Thorin slid in after them. Nymeria huffed.

"Shall we have a little fun before I go down?" She asked.

"Master wants you alive, she-elf. But he didn't say if I could not hurt you." Said lead Orc baring his teeth.

The wars advanced, running at her with full speed. Nymeria slowly un-sheathed her sword. Ringil glowed an ice blue, the wargs howled, like the sword was affecting them somehow. As the first one neared her.

Nymeria took a run headfirst at the warg. As it leaped to rip her apart, Nymeria jumped high in the air and flipped as she sliced Ringil through the warg in two halves. As she landed her hood fell off, once again revealing her blonde hair and her face.

She charged at the second warg, she slid on her knees and ducked under the warg's body, swinging her sword above her. 

*Shink*

Warg guts barely missed her as she quickly slid out from under the now dead warg.

Two other wargs charged together, she somersaulted over the first one and brought Ringil on the second one. The last thing that the second warg saw, was the icy blue colour of Ringil before it was destroyed. Turning around after the second was dead, Nymeria heaved her sword out of the warg's body and swung her sword in a horizontal motion, halving the airborne warg's mouth. Dark red blood spewed from the warg. It was a truly disgusting sight. 

The leftover wargs and warg riders were hesitant to me her, fearing that they will meet their end by the scarred woman's blade. Just then a horn sounded in the distance, 'elves' Nymeria thought and she raced toward the sandhill and slid down into the darkness. 

--AlitaZoeNightshade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116 9 7
Set during the Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug, and The Battle of The Five Armies Bilbo Baggins was like any other hobbit you'd ever meet...
81.7K 2.5K 31
Violet Potter has been at war for her entire life. It all started almost 27 years ago when Voldemort killed her parents and tried to kill her brother...
5.4K 272 21
Being the middle sibling, Aearon knew her life would be full of struggles; she would not inherit the throne nor would she allow herself to be parade...
11K 657 24
Durion's heritage is painted in mystery. Being the last elf born in the Second Age, with his mother dead and his caregivers nowhere to be found, he b...