SplatFreaks

By YuriHaven

A journey of justice for all those who are outcasted Do not fear, because one day, you will get your reward f... More

~Two~
~Three~
~Four~
~Five~
~Six~
~Seven~
~Eight~
~Nine~

~One~

621 9 9
By YuriHaven

Desti stuck her head out of the window of the abandoned apartment the team met up at. The wind blew her tentacles slightly to the side, with the human hair on her head flowing much more fluidly. She stares towards the ground, seeing all the small, tiny rocks and pebbles on the ground. She gives them a nice look, seeing how smaller they are when they aren't affecting her, in contrast to how many things could happen if it were right there in front of her. She then looks up at the sun for a few moments. Sighing, Desti walked away from the window, going back to her teammates. She inhales and exhales heavily, ready to face the forbidden truth she's been trying to avoid.

"....We lost the Turf War..." She sighs again. "We didn't win...we lost our honor.."
Eva, an octoling with a pastel blue sweater with oversized sleeves, tan pants, and a headband with kitty ears, and loyal friend to the Inkling Human hybrid, chimes in with her optimism. "But we can try to get them next time. Were still the SplatFreaks, and we can still kick their ass! We just need to improve our strategies and practice!"
Desti slowly smiles with such an attitude by her side. Eva always made her happy, no matter what.
"Yeah...we can kick their ass, but until then we have to try our best to Turf!" Desti smiles and held her arms up.

She slowly lowers them when she sees them barely break a smile, sighing once again. "Look, we can all prove ourselves but we need to try harder...this won't be easy but in the end it'll be worth our struggles...we have to stick together in this..."

Two girls finally stand up, looking at Desti with optimism. The two girls lifted up their only free hands, as they were conjoined by the other wrists, holding hands for eternity. They both stood up, one of the girls dresses flushing forward with the wind coming in.

Desti slowly smiles seeing the hope in their eyes "Tilly and Millie...? Are you up to try again?"

The twins look at each other. Tilly, a lavender Octoling with a tight strapless crimson dress featuring a mint green heart on the front. And Millie, a purple Octoling with her tentacles wrapped in a bow, and wearing a strapless mint green dress with a crimson heart on it. They both look down at the little nub between their wrists that connected them, which was once supposed to be hands before birth. This reminded themselves of what they joined for, and how far they've come to earn this. Tilly and Millie smile at each other, and nod. Millie speaks out "Yes. Yes we are!"

Desti sheds a few tears seeing people willing to stick with her through this.
A salmonling boy stands up, grinning. He wears a turtleneck sleeveless sweater, a fishlike mohawk and 4 spikes on the back of his head. His eyes a deep black with red eyes. He grins at Desti and nods proudly "Hell yeah im up again. I've escaped the impossible, tank full of water? Wrapped up in chains? Why should I escape my one opportunity for respect?"

Another one stood up, this time an inkling and Octoling hybrid, Koral. She stood up, her overly large laboratory coat flying outward with the motion and wind. Her dark skin color contrasted her bright pink hair color, and glasses. She could remember the failure as clear a photograph, as she has the advanced memory, photographic memory one could say. She smiles, "failures are proof that we are trying. And the best way to overcome our failures is to fix them and do better."

Another one finally stood, stretching herself as she got up. The girl pulls one leg up to her neck and wraps it around said neck, then letting it drift back down like it was casual. "Im in!" she nods, standing still to show her features. A blue plad sleeveless shirt and a dark purple skirt, with dark blue shorts underneath.
She could contort herself in ways no other inkling could, stretching in ways that'll make the opposing team jealous to the bone.
"I wouldn't rather be anywhere but here!"

Desti looked at her contortionist friend, smiling gently at her words. They meant a lot to Desti, even if they were only words. But the truth is, words can hold many meanings...

Eva looked at the amount of those standing, smiling and squealing to herself in joy. She jumped in place, prompting Desti to step back and give her space. Once she stopped, she noticed one still sitting. It was an older inkling boy, about the age of 20. He held onto the scar under his eye, one he couldn't feel. He wouldn't stand up.
The breeze affected him by none, he was immune to the pain and temperature of life. He simply couldn't feel any physical pain or temperature...

The contortionist kneeled down beside him, smiling. "Cmon, Warrior...we can't give up now.."
He looks at the girl slowly, trying to speak his mind "Alexis...we can't ignore the fail..."
She smiles "who said we had to? Cmon, we can fix some things up.."
Warrior shakes his head "are you sure? I mean...come on, we gotta be realistic here.."
Alexis pauses him, fixing his bowtie. "And realistically...we can't do this without the whole team..."
Warrior looks away slowly, trying to avoid confrontation.
Alexis smirks "Come on...you know you want to, Levi...you stuck up for me as a kid..why not stick up with me for once...?"
Warrior's attention peaked at the saying of his real name. He silently looks at Alexis up and down, remembering the times he took a beating to save her.
Warrior gives in, nodding slowly. "Alright, we can try..." he stood up with Alexis.

Desti smiles widely, "...Thank you, guys..."
Eva squeals "SplatFreaks is back up and running again!!" She hugs Desti tightly, both of their cheeks going pink. Desti made the hug last as long as she could keep it going. She loved the touch of Eva.

Alexis smiles and hugs Warrior tightly "thank you"
Warrior smiles and gently puts his arm around her "no problem, Alexis..."

"We've been sitting around a little too long, maybe we should go for a small walk?" Eva suggests
"We still have a lot to discuss though.." Desti looked confused
Eva got close to Desti, smiling "maybe we can clear our minds while we walk....together too"
Desti's cheeks flush a bright red "weeeeelllllll now, one walk can't hurt.."
Eva nods and holds Desti's hand, only making her blush worse.

"A little sunlight can't hurt..." Koral grins, opening the door for everyone.
The cast all walk out individually in groups of two, following each other like a flock of geese.

Alexis nudges against Warrior, walking with him "can I kick a little butt with you if anyone hurts us?"
Warrior smiles and looks at her "alright...but I better see you choke someone with those legs. Your a living weapon." he jokes
"I know! But fighting is only fun with two players!" Alexis laughs
"Because its impossible to fight yourself" Warrior smiles
"Oh yeah? Watch me!" Alexis giggles.

Koral looks at Alex "so...how exactly do you escape a giant tank of water...?"
Alex shrugs, putting his hoverboard over his shoulder "a magician never reveals his secrets"
Koral smirks "would you reveal it if I let you use my chemicals to aid your machines?"
Alex grins "think you could remember the formulas?"
She nods "you know it, Salmon boy." she chuckles.
Alex nods and shakes her hand.

Tilly looked at her sister "hey Millie...?"
Millie looked at her twin, eyes wide, ready to listen.
"What if were still insulted by the end of this?" Tilly asks.
Millie smiles "then that's them wasting their time, because they don't have the warmth of permanent hand holding."
Tilly smiles and nods, giggling "Yeah! They waste their time being judgemental when they should be fighting!"

Eva got close against Desti. "So when should we practice?"
Desti chuckles and wraps her arm around her friend "knowing you, you'll say, as soon as possible."
Eva smiles "can I bring help of-!"
Desti chimes in "the animals?"
Eva nods "you knew I would say that!"
Desti pokes her forehead "because I know you. But...no, we can't. Well...maybe"
Eva smiles "maybe is good enough!"

Desti and Eva pause when they realize they've entered city square.
The two look at each other, and inhale, hoping nothing goes wrong.

The crew turned around. Marina and Pearl were coming on to announce the results from the previous Turf War.
Desti's eyes widen, knowing that now everyone would doubt them "oh shit..."
Warrior looks over Desti's shoulder in concern "oh shit indeed..."

The results showed the team's image, showing they lost...miserably, while their opponents won by a landslide.
A few of the other team look at them, resulting in a little boiling blood from a few of the members.
Someone finally spoke up. "I guess the freaks couldn't prove themselves yet again..." they snicker. "As if a puny half human could lead a bunch of idiots to victory..."
Desti pauses and looks to the side "who said that!?" she growls "speak up!!"
The audience snickers at her rage, someone else poking it. "Look, the fluffy haired half breed is getting angry!"
Desti runs towards them and grabs them by their shoulder. She throws them onto the ground and jumps on top of them. Desti pushes her arm against their neck and stares them in the eye "we didn't ask for your opinion, BUB! And you know what, we'll be on the news someday, because im serious about this team, and we will prove that were so much better than you. By the time you win a Splatfest, I'll already be married to-"
Eva rushes over and pulls off Desti "Desti no!!" She whimpers, hugging her close and getting her to calm down.
Another boy came to intimidate Desti "hey, why would you do that to him!?"
Alexis goes into squid form and quickly rushes to the boy, forming behind him. "Because you all deserve this!" she lifts her leg vertically without tilting her body, impressing those around her. Alexis wraps it around his neck and uses her leg calf to choke hold him. "Now leave us alone, before we make you lose a life!"
The guy goes squid and releases himself, lifting his friend from the ground and going to the safety of the crowd.

"Cmon, Desti, I'll take you to your home...I think we've had a long enough day..." Eva holds Desti by her shoulders.

Desti nods "SplatFreaks, the day is over...lets go home"
The team nods in unison, disbanding to go to their respective homes.

After a long train ride, Eva finally brings Desti to her home.
Desti sighs "thanks for walking me home, Eva..."
She nods "its no problem Desti..."
Desti hugs her tightly, embracing her in a very warm hug.
Eva chuckles and returns it, wrapping her arms around her friend.

The two finally separate, Eva watching Desti walk inside.
"Hey Desti?" Eva asks as Desti opens her door.
Desti turned back "yeah...?"
Eva inhaled "I....." she decided now wasn't the time "...have a good night..."
Desti smiles "you too.." she closes the door, brushing her hair back.
She walks immediately to her room, sighing and leaning against her closet door. "Why do I bother...?"

Tari and Meggy look at each other. "She's never skipped dinner before..."
"Do you think something's wrong?" Meggy asks.
"There's gotta be..." Tari whimpers
"I...have a feeling its about the Turf War..." Meggy's head lowers "I'll talk to her..."

Meggy slowly walks Desti's room "hey.....sweetheart, what's bugging you?"
Desti wipes away any tears on her face "nothing mom..."
Meggy shakes her head. "You can't fool me..."
Desti sighs and nods slowly "we lost the Turf War....and...people made fun of us..." She sheds another few tears "I beat a kid up....and im starting to think....is there a possibility that I may make things worse...?"
Meggy puts her arm around Desti "sweetie...I felt the same thing when fighting to win the Splatfest with your mother....I got mad, I beat someone up, I lost my morals.." Meggy pushes Desti's chin up to look at her "but even when you fall you have to get up and show the world you won't stop until your duty is done."
Desti looks at her mother and smiles gently, nodding "they're all just jealous anyway...they aren't waterproof, or pain proof, or flexible...."
Meggy nods "your right sweetie. Now...eat dinner, your already thin enough..." she jokes
"Mooooom..." Desti chuckles, standing up and leaving the room with her mother.

---------------------

Credits

Character designs for Alex and Eva, character aspects, and relationships, and co creation credits to ninBENdotheHedgeling
Thanks to him for bringing this story to reality alongside me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 39.2K 100
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
328K 19.1K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
34.8K 2.3K 56
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
142K 5.2K 25
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !