RWBYK 2: The Light of Kings

By SonicBlade40

After few months had passed since the events of Vol 1., Team RWBYK is back and ready for their second semeste... More

Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
Chapter 2 - A Plan Comes Together
Chapter 3 - A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 4 - Paint The Town
Chapter 5 - Roses and Requests
Special: A RWBYK Christmas
Chapter 6 - Old Tragedies
Chapter 7 - Vanitas
Chapter 8 - Secret Origins
Chapter 9 - Reveals in the Heart
Chapter 10 - Extracurricular
Chapter 11 - Red and Blue
Chapter 12 - Dance Dance Infiltration
Chapter 13 - Field Trip
Chapter 14 - Search and Destroy
Chapter 15 - Mountain Glenn
Chapter 16 - No Brakes
Chapter 17 - Dark Breach

Chapter 18: Finale - The Light Awakens

1.6K 21 28
By SonicBlade40

Heeeyyy guys! It's Stormy here. Sorry for the long wait, it took me a while to get this chapter the way I wanted. B to tell you: THIS. IS. IT!!! The finale of Volume 2! To be honest, that was a bit quick :XD: It really has been a great reading journey with all of you guys till the end :D (Big Grin) :D (Big Grin) I'd never really I'd come to this day of the last submission of the last chapter. But, here we are! Not going to waste anymore of your time, so on the chapter!

XXXXXXX

(In Vale)

The Dark Thorn roared maniacally at the fallen Hunstmen-in-training, as they all laid out on the ground.

"This is impossible...we gave it everything we had. ." Jaune groaned, trying to sit up.

"It looks as healthy as ever. It power is phenomenal." Ren muttered out, holding his side.

"Bastard...." Aptus snarled. "It's like its been toying with us."

"All our attacks barely even put a dent in his hide!" Nora said with a groan.

"Both of our teams went against it and still it wasn't enough." Pyrrha said. "Even Team CVFY was taken out."

"We're suppose to be a freaking Huntsmen and Huntresses!" Yang cried as she banged her fist against the ground. "How the hell could we not beat this thing?!"

"With our Aura gone, we can't use our Semblances..." Blake said, taking in deep breaths.

"There must be a way to beat it..." Ruby said to herself, as Weiss was still slumped over in pain from the Dark Thorn's last attack.

SLAM!

Everyone jumped at the sound as they all looked over and saw Ky had punched the ground so hard, that he left a small crack in it. He had his head bowed as his bangs covered his eyes.

"I'm not done yet!" Ky spoke as he weakly stood up, his legs dragging on the ground. "It's going to take a lot more than that to keep me down!" He wiped the sweat away from his face.

"Ky..." Ruby said softly, when she and the others saw the bluenette grab his blades, which were lying in front of him.

"Wait, Ky...what are you doing!?" Jaune asked, afraid of what his friend was planning to do.

"I don't give a damn how strong this thing is. It's not immortal and it can be slain!" Ky stated as he clenched his blades to his side. "I'm going to give it one more try!"

Seeing one of its victims still standing, the Dark Thorn turned its attention on Ky and roared loudly before charging directly at the teen.

"Ky!" Ruby, Pyrrha, Aptus and Yang yelled at him.

"Get out of the way!" Blake ordered.

"Ky!" Nora and Ren cried out.

"You're gonna die!" Jaune screamed.

'You're gonna die...' Blake's words resonated through his mind as the light got brighter. 'You're gonna die...You're gonna die...' He could hear his heart beat through his ears, his breathing labored. As Ky stared at the beast coming for him, he remembered what was at stake...his friends were behind him...and this thing was going to kill them all if it wasn't stopped. A new fire sparked within his stomach as he made up his mind.

The Dark Thorn swung its claw at Ky...only to be stopped by Bright Crest and Fallen Abyss. The Daemon was startled at first when it saw its attacked stopped, then snarled at the boy that came in its way.

"You WILL not hurt anyone else!" Ky growled at him. The Dark Thorn then had more strength its paw and swung again, hitting Ky on the side and sending him flying in pain. The bluenette fell to the ground, and groaned as he laid on his side.

"Don't do this, Ky!" Nora shouted to him.

"There's no point in continuing!" Ren called out.

Ignoring his friends' pleas, Ky stood back up and he charged at the Dark Thorn full pelt, his blades in hand. He made rapid strikes at the Daemon, who repelled them easily, and knocked Ky back again. Ky flipped himself up, changed his blades into their Sharpshooters modes and fired any ammunition he had left. The Dark Thorn raised its left paw to block the bullets and attempted to downward slash Ky. Seeing this, the bluenette dodge rolled out of the way, just as the huge claws slammed into his previous position.

Quickly hopping back up to his feet, Ky charged at the Dark Thorn and slashed it across the chest. The attacks took the beast by surprise, and it was knocked back several inches.

At that moment the two entered a clash of blades and claws. The others could only watch, horrified as Ky struggled to fight against the Dark Thorn. He didn't any Aura left to protect him, and now he was being tossed around continuously from the Daemon's strikes.

"That's enough, Ky!" Pyrrha shouted, "Stop it! You've done enough!"

Ky wasn't listening. He got to his feet again, and charged once more at the Dark Thorn, but once again, a swing of a claw, knocked Ky into the air, before it started slashing away at the airborn teen rapidly.

"GAAAAAH!" Ky yelled out, as he felt the claws slashing over his body, opening abrasions.

"Ky!" Ruby cried as she watched her boyfriend being slashed repeatedly, the splattering of blood continued to increase with each swing while the rest of both teams watched in horror, their eyes filled with tears. "Stop it..leave him alone!"

After slashing Ky one last time, the Dark Thorn punched him while he was still in midair, sending him crashing into some nearby debris, sending rubble and dust everywhere.

"KY!" Everyone shouted, looking on in shock.

"No!" Aptus yelled as he tried to climb to his feet.

Once the dust settled Ky was seen collapsed on the ground, damaged severely, covered from head to foot in cuts and bruises. Uneven breathing came out of his torn lips as blood spilled from some unseen wound above his hairline, running down his face then dripping from his chin and he barely seemed conscious.

Yet somehow, he painfully climbed to his feet again, heaving huge gulps of air, setting his sights on the growling Dark Thorn.

"Ky, just stop! Please!" Nora yelled.

"You can't do anything against it without your Aura!" Pyrhha told him.

"You're completely drained like us." Blake agreed.

"Y-You'll be...*gasp*... torn apart." Weiss croaked out, having only just regained the ability to speak. She attempted to get back to her feet but failed to summon the strength to do so, crumpling back to the ground.

Ky looked down, realizing his situation, hearing his friends' words, but still, he looked up at the large Daemon, clenching his fists tightly. Everyone else was shocked to why he was continuing.

"We're Huntsmen and Huntresses, damnit!" Ky declared, taking everyone back. "This is what we trained for! We fight to the last one standing. Who cares if I'm out of Aura!? It doesn't define me!" His eyes narrowed. "...The Kings of Lucis or the Kingsglaive never fleed from their foes...As long as I'm alive, I refuse to let any other friend or family die! I would rather give up my own life than to let that happen."

Enraged that its victim was still standing, The Dark Thorn let out a ferocious roar before charging at the blunette once more.

"Ky!" Aptus called, trying to get his friend to move. "This doesn't have anything to do with chivalry! Get out of there! Run!"

Standing firmly as the beast approached him, Ky kept his back to his friends as he spoke lowly. "No...it was never about chivalry for me. It was about doing the right thing... and protecting those, who cannot protect themselves."

Just then, a light started to glow from Ky's chest as the Dark Thorn swung it claws, determined to take the teen's head from his shoulders.

"KKKKKKYYYYYYYY!"

Time seemed to slow down for a moment as the Dark Thorn came closer and closer to striking down the boy...only for it to speed back up when Ky held out his hand and stopped the claws bare handed!

Everyone's eyes widened in antonishment that Ky stopped the attack like it was nothing, but none more than the Dark Thorn. Soon, Ky lifted his head as the beast gaped in shock as a pair of golden-colored eyes glared hatefully up at it, glowing immensely.

"...And that's exactly what I plan to do." Was all Ky said and with a shocking amount of strength, he threw his arm out, knocking the Dark Thorn back and throwing it off balance.

Suddenly, a large blue magical circle with fleur de lis and crown symbols appeared underneath Ky as the feeling of greater power filled the air, shocking all those who could sense it.

Blue energy burst into being around the blunette, whose wounds hissed and began to close and heal with small spurts of steam. The power sprayed outward, sweeping across the area of the arena and forcing everyone to shield their eyes or risk losing them from the rocks and dust in the air.

"What's going on!?" Nora shouted over the roaring wind, which seemed to becoming from the center of the building.

"Waah! I can't see anything!" Jaune exclaimed, his hair whipping through the gust.

"I-I don't know!" Yang replied. "It feels like...I don't know what it feels like!"

Ruby on the other hand, was somewhere between calm and frightened. The latter because of the shaking... but the former was because she knew who it was causing it.

"Ky...?"

The dust began to settle and the light on Ky's chest expanded, glowing pure blue, until it surrounded Ky, shielded the teen from view.

After a second, the light then shed off the bluenette like sparkles, revealing his new appearance. Ky's hair stood up, gaining a spiky appearance, while glowing a brighter shade of blue than normal, with his skin also adopted a lighter hue His eyes were glowing of shining golden as they radiated with power as well.

Ky looked at his new form in awe, it was like his entire body was covered in blue light. He felt light, lighter than he'd ever felt before!

Everyone was shocked and amazed as Ky's new appearance. "W-What is that?" Yang gawked as she looked over the changes that came over her friend.

"Is that...Ky?" Blake inquired, eyes widened in awe.

"No, it can be...right?" Jaune asked, looking rather dumbfounded.

"He looks so...different." Pyrrha commented, as she too was in awe.

"Indeed, he does." Ren said in agreement.

"He's glowing!" Nora gaped with wide, sparkly eyes.

"Ky..." Ruby whispered out in awe.

"What happened to you?" Aptus said, as he took in his friend's appearance and the power flowing off him.

The bluenette's eyes then bored down on the Dark Thorn. "Now it's time for a counterattack!"

Then he vanished.

"Fast!" Both treams shouted in unison, as no one saw him move.

Ky the appeared in front of the Dark Thorn, hanging over its face, horizontal, one leeg cocked back. The force of the brutal kick made the Grimm go flying across the area, its body was bouncing the whole way, kicking up debris geysers each time its body hit the unforgiving concrete. It then came to a complete stop as its body slammed into a building and created a massive cloud if debris.

Ky straightened up and watched it expand as he, to everyone's surprise, levitated a few inches off the ground. He then gazed down at one of his blue fists in awe.

'Whoa! What is this power?' He thought. '...I like it! It feels awesome.' He raised his gaze to the dust cloud and narrowed his eyes. "Come out! I can sense you bloodlust!"

Before the debris could settle, Dark Thorn tore from the cloud, sprinting across the ground at Ky intent on finishing him off, by any means. Ky let out a short breath, before he shot off across the surface of the lake like a comet, speeding to a collision with his opponent.

A massive explosion of dust sprayed up into the air, from which the Dark Thorn emerged, tumbling like a rag doll, followed closely by a blue comet that could only be Ky, both fighters streaking high into the air.

"Hyperdrive!" Ky shouted as he cocked his fist back. "First Step!" He then shot his fist forward, a massive vacuum of pressurised air that slammed into the Dark Thorn sending it roaring down from a few thousand feet up,

Before the beast could impact, though, Ky disappeared from sight up above and reappeared floating a few feet above the ground, unleashing another brutal shot of pressured air that connected soundly with Dark Thorn's face before he peformed it two more times.

"Second Step! Third Step! Four Step!" Ky chanted just as he drew back and sent another shot into the Dark Thorn's hide, sending it hurling into the ground so hard, it exploded in a blast of wind and dust.

Ky then appeared in a blur, touching down lightly with only the soft tap of his shoes to annoucne him. Suddenly it bursts into thin air in a flash of brilliant white light. Not a moment later, Ky's hands began to glow a flash of brilliant white light, and in an illuminated burst, Bright Crest and Fallen Abyss appeared in the blue-haired teen's hands!

Ky stared at his blade, face a rictus of shock and awe. "Wha-?" he began, only to be cut off when the ground began to shake as the Dark Thorn began to pull itself out of the ground. Seeing this, Ky shook his head and twirled Fallen Abyss with his left hand and while holding Bright Crest with a reverse grip, as he waited for the Grimm to attack.

The Dark Thorn finally freed itself, before looking over at the pest that attacked. Let out a bone-chilling roar, the beast burst from the debris and sprinted straight at the boy.

"Yeah, keep roaring!" Ky yelled. "I'm still standing!"

He crossed stares with the Daemon who, as fast as lightning, reeled its arm in and threw a punch at the blunette. Ky reacted twice as fast, performing a spin technique to quickly spin his body around with the blades moving in the direction of his twirl. At his speeds, Ky was nothing more than blue and black wheel with a bright, gleaming royal blue blur in the middle.

As his blades made contact with the top of the Daemon's hand, Ky's blades ran him up and around the Dark Thorn's arm. With his motions too fast to observe, the beast was caught off-guard as Ky stopped upon the creature's shoulder and lunged at its face, driving his blades and forearms straight into both eyes, causing it roar in immense pain.

Ky was about pull the blades out of the Daemon's eyes when he saw it was about to grab him with one of its claws. To avoid that, he had to let go of the swords, leaving them stuck inside the Daemon's eyes, and jump away as the claws missed him. While in the air, Ky yanked the blades back and now that he was fully equipped again, he closed his eyes as he searched within himself, drawing out more of the power he held in his core, and then release it.

His eyes flashed open as his blades were both enveloped in a bright light: Bright Crest was glowing that of shining, majestic blue, while Fallen Abyss was that of startling, night sky black with sparkles flowing around it.

"Okay, here goes!" Ky yelled as he crossed Bright Crest and Fallen Abyss over each other before they glowed even brighter. "Final Arcana!"

Ky's body aimed itself underneath the Grimm' left arm. With his spinning, he whirled around and down its back, then around to the front of its thighs, then to the backs of the Grimm' calves. Using the beast to climb back up, he swung up behind the monster once more and slashed at its head. The combination of the force of the strike as well as the damage on its small legs made the Daemon land on its knees. The creature wasn't even trying to protect its head anymore, as if it knew that it was useless.

Ruby and Aptus, as well as the other people there, were completely dumbfounded by Ky's sheer skill and power. They were use to seeing him using two blades, but this was at a completely different level.

"Wow...I-I've never seen Ky like this," Ruby declared with amazement in her voice.

"Yeah..." Aptus muttered in agreement

"He is really something, huh?" Pyrrha said.

Everyone continued to watch as bright blurs of blue and black slashed the Dark Thorn's head, each one damaging it more until it was weak enough to finish it off with a last attack. Landing on the ground in front of the Dark Thorn, the Ky closed his eyes to concentrate before he opened them and raised his blades up as a small ball of light formed on the tip of both blades.

"GIVE ME STRENGTH!" Ky then back flipped before he stabbed the blades into the ground. Much to everyone's surprise, another large blue magical circle from before appeared appeared on the ground followed by numerous pillars of light that emerged around the magic circle. In the middle where Ky was standing, each pillar of light then shot out a pure white energy that collided with one another and formed a larger ball of light above Ky which then grew bigger... bigger... and bigger until it finally stopped growing.

"May the Light of the King judge you," Ky spoke as he pulled out his blades from the ground and looked towards the ball of light. "Trinity Burst!" With a cross slash, Ky hit the ball which then exploded and engulfed the entire area in a massive burst of light. Everyone had to shield their eyes from such a blinding yet dazzling explosion that they had never seen before.

For a moment, everything was white and every pair of eyes was blinded until the light finally faded away...

When everyone could see again, they were all astounded. Seconds before the Dark Thorn had been standing and now there was nothing in the clearing except the spiky haired teen standing alone in the middle with his blades at his side.

"W-what just happened?" Mercury student asked, blinking his eyes twice.

"That light, what was that?" Emerald asked, in shock as well.

"W-was that the...?" Cinder muttered as he looked at Ky with a hint of fear, "Was that the power he was talking about...?"

Ky stood there, watching as the Dark Thorn's body disappeared into nothingness. He finally sighed in relief, as the light surrounding his body shedded off him in blue wisps. Smiling to himself for winning, Ky tried to take a step but loses his balance. "We did... it..." He whispered, before he then slumped down to the floor, scaring the crap out of everyone.

"Ky!"

Ruby ran forward and slumped down next to her boyfriend and grabbed his shoulders, shaking both boys hard. "Ky!" she shouted! "Wake up!" When he didn't respond, she shook him harder and shouted even louder. He finally stirred, as his golden-colored eyes met her celestial silver ones.

"Rosebud...?" Ky groaned, before sitting up and looking around. "What just happened? Did we win?"

"Yeah...we won," Ruby said, obviously relieved to see that her boyfriend was okay.

"Oh. That's good..." Ky mumbled. "How long was I out?"

"Just a few seconds," Ruby said before smacking him on the arm with a pouting face.

"Hey, what was that for-" Ky began, though was cut off once Ruby threw her arms around him, unable to hold back the mixed tears of fear and relief anymore.

"You reckless dummy! Why would you try to fight that thing without Aura!? Do you have any idea how scared I was!?"

The gesture threw Ky off a bit, but then he smiled gently. "You're such a worry-wart, Ruby."

"Well, it's your fault! You just do stuff that makes me worry too much that I-"

Ruby wasn't able to continue what she was saying for Ky suddenly wrapped his arms around the crimsonette and held her tightly. Ruby felt a blush crawl up her cheeks and hugged back, "Thanks for worrying about me," Ky said.

Ruby put out a smile and Ky kissed her's forehead so sweetly.

XXXXXXXX

Later

The group of Huntsmen/Huntresses-in-training eventually met up in the pavilion as Roman was escorted by Emerald and Mercury towards an airship.

"Oh, I can't believe that you caught me, you've really taught me the error of my ways." Roman said sarcastically. "He-hey, watch the hat!"

"Hey! Hold up!" Ky's voice suddenly made Roman realized who else he had to deal with. He slowly turned, and saw said teen walking right behind him.

"What do you want, Blue! Come to gloat?!" Roman asked, with a bit of bit to his tone.

Ky waved him off. "Nah. I came to give you something you left down in the cave." He then reached into his pocket for something. "Hold on, I'll get it for you...Ah, here it is!"

(Start at 0:16-0:17 but ignore the water)

He then pulled his hand out, only to swiftly grab Roman by his jacket and slam his fist into the man's face so hard, making him hit the ground hard and heavy.

"That's for shooting me and kidnapping Rosebud." Ky told him with a smirk.

Roman held the part of his face Ky punched, angrily looking at the teen as two Atlesian Knight-200 units grabbed him by his arms and dragged him to the airship. "You'll pay for that, Blue! I have a very, VERY long memory!" He roared at him, "Just you wait. When I get out, I'm gonna-!" Before he could finish his sentence, he tossed into the ship by the units before the doors are shut.

"Damn, that felt good!" Ky chirped with a huge grin on his face.

XXXXXXXXX

[An Hour later]

It was done, they have gotten rid of the creatures of Grimm, the Dark Thorn and it took them the whole day as well. Mostly everyone was tired at this point, but still went on with their lives as they did a lot of protecting. Team RWBYK with Aptus were seen sitting edge of Beacon's landing platform, watching the dawn skyline of Vale.

"Well, we did it." Yang said as she leaned back, her hands behind her head.

"We did it." Blake repeated, with a smile on her face.

"If we don't get extra credit for that, I will be extremely disappointed." Weiss said with a shake of her head.

"Weiss, a two-headed snake literally crushed a bakery. I wouldn't count on it." Yang said to her.

"And a clothing store, a weapon shop, a restaurant." Ky listed off.

"Plus, we didn't exactly get to know anything, many people got hurt and we still don't know who the mystery girl is." Ruby continued on.

"Well, not every story has a neat and tidy ending." Aptus stated. "Plus, we did get to witness Ky do something really epic."

"Hehehe."

"We might not have all the answers, but we do have a lot of dangerous people behind bars. And I think that's something we could be proud of." Blake said.

"Yeah! And if anyone tries something like this again, we'll be there to stop them." Ruby exclaimed.

"Yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job... So, what now?" Yang questioned.

"I suggest training for the tournament, but I guess we have that covered at this point." Weiss stated.

"Say Weiss..." Aptus began, getting the girl's attention. "About your rapier..."

The heiress look down at her broken blade and gained a depressed expression. "Oh... Right...."

Everyone looked sadly at their friend. When suddenly, Aptus got an idea as he looked over at the white-haired girl.

"You know, Ky and I have some friends who could repair it... " He spoke, getting the group's attention.

"Huh?"

Realizing what Aptus was talking about, Ky piped in. "Right! Moogle and the others!"

Ruby blinked at this. "Wait, you mean the people from Twilight?"

Ky nodded. "Yeah, they can make it as good as new, espeically Moogle! He makes a living out of making things like this! I'm sure you'll love it! In fact...we should all go together!

"Wait, really!?"

"Yeah, we could ask the Wizard of Oz for permission to go and head out in a few days!"

"Also Team JNPR can come too, if they want." Aptus added. "What do you all think?"

The girls, especially Weiss, were all surprised at first, as they looked at one another. After a few seconds, they slowly smile with interest and excitement.

"I'm in!" Ruby chirped happily. "I wanna to their weapons up close! Oh! Also, meet Po!"

"You don't even need to ask me." Yang eagerly declared. "Besides, I really wanna meet this 'Tifa' woman."

"Well, I suppose it could be a good experience, and I could get my Myrtenaster repaired." Weiss shrugged in a playful nature.

"Count me in." Blake confirmed, sealing the deal for the girls of Team RWBYK.

"Alrighty then!" Ky cheered. "We'll talk to Jaune and the others about it tomorrow morning, and make plans to head out."

"Sounds good!" Yang said in agreement.

"So then..." Blake asked, waiting for a suggestion from anyone else.

"Uh...Time for bed?" Ruby offered.

"Oh please, yes," Weiss agreed without question, no longer trying to keep from sounding as tired as she felt.

"Absolutely," Blake nodded along with a yawn.

"I'm going to sleep forever," Yang groaned, eager to reunite with her bed.

"Heh! I feel like I'm going to fall into a coma the minute I lay down on anything that could be considered a bed after all of this," Aptus confessed.

With that, Aptus, Team RWBYK and Zwei then stand up and heads back towards Beacon's main campus, but Ky just stayed where he was. Ruby saw her boyfriend wasn't following them so she told the others to go on ahead, and sat down beside Ky and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"You okay?" Ruby asked as she began snuggling into Ky's chest, putting her arms around him in an embrace.

"Yeah, it's just....so much as happened since this semester started." Ky told her.

"Sure has..." Ruby agreed, as she thought back to all the events that took place after the fight on the docks. "Ky?...."

" Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something? "

"Sure."

"Can you promise me, that you will never vanish... from my life? " After what happened with Vanitas and the Dark Thorn, Ruby got to thinking that something worst might happen to Ky, and that frightened her.

Ky gently raised and cupped her chin up so she looked at him with her loving silver-eyes that he always found so fascinating. "I promise you Ruby. I will never vanish from your life, no matter what."

Hearing that come from his mouth made Ruby all the more happy. With that, she leaned up and gave Ky a gentle kiss, much to his surprise, before he started kissing her back. After a few seconds of lip-lock, the need for air forced them both brake the kiss.

"I love you Ruby." Ky told her with a grin.

"I love you too."

They both looked lovingly at each other before they both looked gazed at the setting sun that started to come down more and more. As the minutes pass, Ky looked down at his loving girlfriend while she laid her head half asleep on his lap.

"Tired?" He asked, getting a nod in return.

"Yeah...." Ruby said with a yawn.

Ky then gestured to the school. "Let's go inside then, the campus provides a more comfortable pillow than my lap." He laughed.

Ruby giggled at his humor before she nodded, but before she could even get up, she already fell asleep, her constant snoring became a proof of it. Ky only laughed a bit at it, and then picked the crimsonette up bridal style and carried her in his arms, and started making his way towards the campus.

XXXXXXX

[Ozpin's office]

Ozpin is looking out his window aloofly as he answered the phone, revealing a councilman of Atlas. "Ozpin?" one of them asked as he continued to look out the window; giving no response. "Ozpin!" said person swiveled his chair a bit, turning towards his desk.

"Yes, councilman." he replied.

A video started play; revealing more councilmen around the one talking; a feed of Ironwood on the bottom right corner.

"You've left us no choice! The Vytal Festival tournament cannot be broadcast, let alone held, if we are unable to ensure the safety of the citizens." he informed as Ozpin calmly sips his coffee. "Ahem... Therefore, we have reached out to the Atlas Council and together have decided that the best action is to appoint General Ironwood as head of security for the event."

"Thank you, Councilman. Our Kingdom is happy to lend as many troops as it takes to ensure that the event runs smoothly and safely as possible." Ironwood thanked gratefully.

"And we thank you, General."

"Will that be all?" Ozpin asked.

"For now. But after this festival comes to a close, we are going to have a serious discussion about your position at Beacon Academy. General Ironwood's reports over the last few weeks have left us somewhat...concerned. I am sure you understand." the Councilmen said, not trying to sound threatening. The councilmen log out, only leaving Ozpin and Ironwood to stare at each other for a moment.

"This is the right move, Ozpin. I promise, I will keep our people safe, you have to trust me." Ironwood assured, before he logs out himself. Ozpin turns back around to look at his window, seeing a giant Atlas aircraft slowly approach Beacon.

XXXXXXX

[With Ironwood]

"You brought this on yourself." Ironwood said to no one as he looked towards Beacon and Ozpin's office through a window. He then walked toward a heavily guarded Roman in his holding cell, albeit without his signature hat.

"Leave us." The soldiers did as told, leaving Ironwood alone so he could talk to Roman. "I've been informed that so far you've refused to co-operate with the authorities."

"I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement." Roman said, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"How about the world's strongest military power?" Ironwood asked rhetorically.

"Hmm.. first impressions... not great." Roman laughed, causing the General's eyes to narrow.

"I'm going to give you one chance. Who's really behind all of this?" Ironwood asked

"Isn't it obvious?" Roman began, as Ironwood leans his ear toward Roman to hear his answer. "You're looking at him."

"Hm.. Very well then." Ironwood spoke as he started walking away.

"What's the matter, General? I thought you wanted to talk."

"The council's given me custody over you for as long as I see fit." Ironwood stated as he continued on his way. "So you can make yourself comfortable. I can be sure that you'll have plenty of time to talk."

"Oh, wonderful. Hehehe..." Roman laughed, as his cell door closes.

XXXXXXXX

[In Vale]

Cinder and her crew were now standing on a rooftop, as they took in everything that had happened today. "Drawbacks aside, I'd call today a success," the ashen-haired woman declared.

"You're kidding right? Torchwick launched his part of the plan days early, and those stupid kids made a huge mess of things," Emerald reminded her.

"Yeah, and let's not forget what we saw from Ky," Mercury pointed out. "He completely destroyed that monster like it was nothing! Was that the power of the 'Kings?'"

"I think it was." Emerald spoke. "We should report this to the Chancellor. He might end up being a huge problem."

Cinder waved her off. "No need for that. Something tells me...they already know?"

Emerald looked over at her in surprise. "How can you tell?"

"Call it...a hunch."

"Well what about the White Fang? A lot of their guys didn't make it out of those tunnels, so I doubt that they'll still be willing to listen to us," Mercury pointed out.

"Of course they won't. But they'll listen to us," a new individual said as he stepped up to the group with another figure.

The person in question was a young man with auburn hair that almost seemed to be a blood red color in the current light, and a pair of bull horns on his head, with the signature Grimm mask of the White Fang hiding half of his face from view. The rest of his attire was nearly all black, save for the red shirt he wore underneath his blazer, and the red thorn sigils on the bottom left hem of said coat. The only other deviations from his all-black attire were the blood red omega symbols on his gloves, and the white and red, wilting rose emblem on the back of his blazer. Rounding out his dangerous look, was the sword in a black sheath that he currently held in his left hand. In short, the man spelled danger to anyone who saw him.

Beside him was a tall, muscular faunus with  a distinctive shark-like appearance, complete with blue-grey skin. He had small, round, white eyes, 3 sets of curved facial markings under his eyes, gills on his shoulders, and sharp triangular teeth. He also styled his blue hair in the form of a shark fin. Finally, he wore a long black robe with red clouds on it with a large, banaged sword strapped to his back.

"Ah Adam Taurus. Kisame Hoshigaki Glad you could join us." Cinder said with a smirk, as her eyes glowed slightly. "We have so much to talk about."

"Indeed, we do," Kisame spoke up, flashing a shark-like grin.

XXXXXXX

AAAAAAANNNNDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

We're done...... WITH VOLUME 2!!!!!!

There you have it guys! Another volume of RWBYK: Tale of the True King, finished. So, Thank you very much for reading this. And if you did enjoyed it, please do leave a comment and add the story to your faves cause that would be awesome and greatly appreciated, but if you didn't, please do leave a comment on how I could improve my stories so I could improve myself as well.

I'll see you all in RWBYK: The True King 2.5! Stay safe and Keep moving forward!

Stormy out!!!

(Ending Song)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...
7.9K 194 25
Team RWBY takes Team JNPR to the world of Red vs. Blue. There, they must help the colourful space marines stop the Meta, and help Epsilon recover his...
1.2K 27 14
As Team STAR becomes more settled into their daily routine at Beacon, they quickly realize their time at the academy is only going to get more intens...
769 9 8
Scooby Doo and his pals are back for their second semester at Beacon. An academy that trains the world's strongest fighters. But real life doesn't st...