Reliving Yesterday ✔

Von CollateralSunshine

Alexandra Hale is the perfect, lovable girl-next-door who has a hatred for thumping music and a soft spot for... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.

Chapter 21.

8K 334 7
Von CollateralSunshine

I wandered back into the room where all the bridesmaids were, trying to muster up my best fake smile. Right before I walked into the room, I tried Parker's number again.

Nothing.

It rang and then went to voicemail. "It's Parker. Leave a message," said his easy tone, but it did nothing to soothe my nerves. He couldn't be letting Bianca and Bryce down. Even he wasn't that low.

I shook off the feeling and walked in, just as everyone was sitting down to get started. Bianca looked at me and beamed. "Just on time, Alex," she said, "Get into the bathrobe and then go on and sit over there by the window. You don't mind the window, do you?"

I shook my head and changed into the pink satin bathrobe that was labeled for each bridesmaid, hoping to God that Parker had shown up or would soon.

I sat in my makeup chair and let the girl pull my dampened hair into rollers as I watched the workmen below setting up chairs on the lawn for the ceremony through the sheer white curtain that was drawn.

Everyone chattered and I tried to add to the conversation, understanding that I wasn't really missed when I didn't. Finger sandwiches were passed around for our lunch and the sky changed colour. There was no sign of Parker and no sign of there being no Parker.

When everyone was focusing on Bianca, I sent Blake a text asking whether Parker had come.

Not yet, Alex. He better get here soon.

I sighed and tried his number again and yet again, I was directed to his voicemail. I started to worry, but convinced myself there was nothing to worry about.

The ceremony would take place at sunset. The most beautiful time of day. I was looking forward to the wedding. Everything Bianca had planned, I knew, was beautiful. Adrienne flitted in and out of the room, exclaiming how wonderful everyone looked.

I followed her out of the room once, rollers and all.

"Adrienne?" I asked.

She turned. "Yes, Alexandra?"

I flinched. "Is Parker here?" I asked.

She frowned. "Does Bianca know?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Only I know."

"He's not here, yet, sweetie," she smiled, "But don't worry. Your escort will be here in due time. Adrienne will see to it. Now get back in there and don't worry about a thing."

Even as she turned to leave, I could tell she was going to call Parker, herself then. I went back into the room to pose for the pictures and be seen in the videos.

The process finished up pretty soon, I thought, but hours had passed. With the others, I left the room, grabbing my bouquet, so that Bianca could have a moment with her parents. In the hall, I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was still the gorgeous midnight blue I remembered it to be. There were similar colored flowers on the flower crown we were wearing. They had been dyed to match. There were soft tendrils on hair falling around my face, framing it. I felt I had never looked better. Hopefully, Parker would come so that I didn't have to walk down the isle alone.

All of Bianca's and Bryce's friends were chatting to each other. Blake was missing in the crowd. As was Parker. Blake came in a few minutes later, a look of worry still hanging on his face. When he saw me, he stopped and smiled and then slowly crept up to me and placed a whisper of a kiss on my cheek.

"You look absolutely breathtaking," he said.

"Thanks," I smiled back. "Parker?"

He shook his head. "I'm going to kill him."

"Is there still time?" I asked, feeling a little defensive of Parker.

"Not much," Blake replied, distractedly, glancing at his watch. "I'll be back."

He wandered off. I moved to the window again to see whether Parker was coming. The clock ticking was the only sound my brain focused on. The sun was setting and very soon we would have to head downstairs and down the isle and Parker was still AWOL. I checked my phone, but Parker hadn't been online since yesterday and he hadn't replied to any of my texts.

Adrienne walked in, looking grim. "We should all head downstairs," she said, trying to smile.

We all did as we were told. The seats were filled with well dressed people, chattering to each other, happily. The sky was adorned with a myriad of romantic colours for Bianca and Bryce. 

There was no Parker beside me to walk down the isle.

Adrienne standing close to us, checking her watch constantly wasn't comforting. Blake walked in and took his place next to the bridesmaid he was escorting and gave me a tight-lipped smile. I returned the favor.

Bryce took his easy walk down the isle, smiling to people as he passed. Adrienne opened her mouth to give us our cue, but before she could, an extremely well-dressed and immaculate looking Parker walked in, mumbled and hurried apology to her and to Blake and took his place beside me.

Blake's shoulders relaxed, even though he looked vexed and Adrienne looked visibly happier.

"OK, people," she chirped, "It's showtime!"

The band struck up their instrumental as we made our way down the isle, Parker and I bringing up the rear.

"Where were you?" I hissed.

"Emergency," was all he said in return. He was smiling, but I could see it was forced. When we got to the end of the isle, we parted.

Bianca was a vision and their vows were beautiful. As we walked back to the marquees that we set up to host the reception, Blake caught up to Parker and said in a hushed voice, "Dude, I'm completely mad at you for not being here on time, but at least you showed up."

Parker only nodded and then we walked into the hall together in the midst of cheerful applause. Parker, being the gentleman his father raised him to be, pulled out my chair for me. I mumbled a thanks as I sat down. He sat down next to me and we listened to the toasts in peaceful silence.Bianca and Bryce were absolutely glowing with happiness as their friends recounted their relationship of six years. As the video montage of their six years began, I leaned towards Parker.

"Where were you?" I tried again.

He looked over at me and then looked away again. "Forget it," he said.

I leaned back in my chair, unable to put my suspicions to rest. The band announced the first dance of Bianca and Bryce as Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman and they took to the floor to the sound of "Darling I Do See You".

We watched in silence. My father smiled at me from the crowd and I smiled back. He was sitting with Parker's Dad.

After the first dance ended, Parker led me on to the dance floor as we all started our dance. Once I almost tripped over the hem of my dress and gripped Parker's shoulder tightly to keep from falling. He flinched and let out a small groan of pain. Parker wasn't the type to show weakness and I wondered at this.

"Are you hurt?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"I'm sorry," I said.

He looked down at me. "For what?"

"Hurting you."

He looked over my head. "You didn't."

You're right, Parker. I probably didn't hurt you, but you've hurt me.

"Why'd you get so late?" I asked, trying again.

"I was busy, OK? I told you. It was an emergency," he said, his voice sharp, but soft and distracted.

"Care to enlighten me?"

"I don't."

I gave up. There was no way I was getting anything out of him.

We kept quiet all through dinner and all through every other dance we danced. Blake danced with me and it was the most cheerful thing that had happened to me all day.

Parker and I were in the middle of one of our silent dances when our dads walked over to us. "We have to leave, kids," my Dad told us.

I nodded to him and to Uncle Fred and smiled.

"You look lovely, Alex," he said to me and I smiled.

"I'll probably be back tomorrow, Alex," my Dad told me and I nodded, "Be safe and call me when you get home. You don't mind checking the tank tonight, do you, Parker?"

"No, sir," he replied, easily.

"Great. We'll be going then."

My Dad kissed me on the forehead and then both of them walked away. I turned back to Parker.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Don't you dare start your questions again," he said and walked away.

It was going to be a long night. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.1K 49 17
When Olivia was 5 her and her parents moved to another street in England, and Alex, the neighbors son who was 7years old, was the only one in the nei...
4K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
171K 2.5K 39
"You don't know what I went through!" I yelled at him, angry tears streaming down my face. He stared at me for a long time before he spoke. "I loved...
82.5K 2.1K 21
(UNDER CONSTRUCTION) THIS IS A POORLY WRITTEN BOOK THAT I HAVE YET TO EDIT SO I APOLOGISE Alexandra Rodriguez is daughter of the leader of the most f...