IMPERFECTION (AN INTERCULTURA...

By Simplicity_writes

Imperfection is the story of Anuoluwapo.A young energetic Yoruba lady who is full of life, she's independent... More

Journey
Preparation
Mrs. azim
August visitor
I'll be your girlfriend
First visit
First weekend
Best Man Ever
Suprise ! yet surprised
Hidden Emotions
Ameera
Who is Khalifa ?
The big question
Greatest fear
Unexpected guest
Assurance
That's my man
Finally!
Planning my wedding
Engagement ceremony.
Kunshi
Kamu
Wedding Dinner
Matrimony/ Budan Kai unveiling of bride
White wedding
Khalifa, the total package
Cupid
Pampered
Signs.
Expectance
Short lived.
Our love life
💞💞💞
occurred
Curiosity
Trouble in paradise
Not mine
Laugh last
D's Identity
Months later
New arrival
Motherhood
Changes
Shattered
Bonus chapter ( Khalifa's POV)
Mine
Mi familia perfecta
Afterward
Karma
Baecation
Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding
Epilogue
Cast
Appreciation/Announcement
Bonus chapters or Not
Bonus chapter (1)

Finale

1.9K 193 5
By Simplicity_writes

I could hear  noises coming from the play room in the  basement.   I heard Imran's scream  clearly.  She's for sure fighting  with her twin brother again.  They always go at it and  I'm  sure this time its over a trivial  matter.  
The  noise kept  growing louder  and louder.  Here i am trying to get a good rest.   Why do school go on  breaks, like cant it just go on  and on.  I had some peace of mind couple of weeks ago when school was ongoing.  

I counted to 10 in my head.  I could've  called one  of the maids but none of then can calm  the storm when the twins go at it.  Their father  does it best but he is out presently.  I sighed before getting  out of the couch.  I walked slowly  to their playroom. Every fibre  in my body knows i need  rest.  Not  all this stress. 

I got  to the entrance  and saw they were really going at it.  Fighting  like angry Cubs.  Iman wasn't  even concerned  that she was a girl and that her twin brother might beat her up.

"Shey fe kin na yin losan yi?" (Do you want  me to beat you two  this afternoon) I asked and they separated.  I speak Yoruba to them  and they understand  even though  they  dont speak it  often.  They understand  hausa  too.   Both of them were panting  heavily.  

"What  is going on here, why  the noise ?"  They tried to talk at the same time but i stopped  them  "one person  at a time"

"Imran wouldn't  hand me the remote.   He finished watching and he won't  let me watch my Disney "

"Nngbo Imran, why won't  you let your sister watch her  Disney"

"She won't  let me watch the  second  episode where the red ranger..."

"You can't watch the second episode  Imran.  You both made a deal so stick to it.   Where  are  your  iPads by the  way " he pointed  to where they were charging it.

"I made sure to download enough episodes for you.  Go  take it and watch"

"But this is  a different episode " he pout .  I sighed.

  "You know  what,  I'll  record this  episode for you.  If your sister should finish  watching her disney, you can watch your power ranger  later.  Just play with your Ipad for now.  And you too Iman you don't have  to fight over trivial matters. He is your twin brother.  Now the both of you apologies" they did  as they were told. 

I picked up the remote to record the episodes Imran wanted.  Just as i was about to drop the remote i felt a kick to the side of my rib.   I had to hold  onto my rib.  I guess our little sleeping beauty is awake.  So much for a good rest.   I held unto my bump when the kicking intensified.   I complained  about dealing with the twins.  Imagine if this little fighter  joins.

Yes! I am pregnant

You read right.  I am over five months pregnant. When the twins were three years old, i started having this baby fever.  They were not so little anymore and i felt like experiencing  everything  over again.  We tried but it  didnt work.  My medical record  showed  i was okay,  nothing was wrong  yet i wasnt getting  pregnant.   We kept trying though until i finally got pregnant  a year after.  

All of my pregnancies  are always different.  I just dont understand  why.   I started throwing up all of a sudden.   I suffered from severe nauseating .  It was so intense  that khalifa moved out of the room during  my first Trimester.  I couldn't eat anything. I was so sick and so lean.  I was a mess.  The day we found out i was pregnant,  i didn't even know if it was to cry or laugh.  I was going through so much. It was too intense.  My first Trimester  was hell.  I was placed  on bed rest. 
Thank  God! I'm  back to normal.   Not finally off the hook but am doing good Masha Allah.  Khalifa moved back to the room , i stand certain smells, i can eat some certain meals.   Just that i still need more rest.  So i really haven't  gone out .  My pregnancies  are always high risk .  It is always a crucial moment of my life.   This  is still better than when i was pregnant with the twins.  I can do some certain thing just that I'm  not allowed to stress myself or the baby.  Fortunately  for me, i have the best family.  Ive got the support of everyone. 

The twins are super ecstatic  about their younger  sibling.   I still haven't  found out what I'm having.  At first i was willing to wait till i deliver but now i cant wait anymore,  i want to find out what I'm  having. So my next doctor's  appointment,  I'll  make sure to ask the sex of the baby.    When i informed the twins about a little brother or sister, they  were so happy.  Just that Iman doesnt want a sister, she wants to be the only  girl.  As soon as my bump started growing, they made it a habit to always touch it.   They  can't do without touching my bump.  I might be sleeping and they'll  just climb on the bed and start rubbing  on my bump. That's  how naughty they  can get. 

My children are  so wonderful, they are the best.  My little pumpkins  are not so little anymore.  They'll   be 5 years in few months .  They are doing so well in their  studies.  Their grades  always come out fine.  I got myself mini genius  well Imran is .  They are one happy children and I'm  grateful  the  almighty  blessed me with them.  They  still sleep together , I plan on changing that once they're  five.  

Imraan my sweet little boy,  he's so precious.  He is our mini khalifa.  He says  he wants to be like daddy.  So anytime khalifa is working  out at home, he joins. He's  our future Architect.   He loves constructing.  He has all sets of Leggo city , bob the builders and toys like that.   He's just so creative.   My baby has a soft heart  and he really can't hold a grudge.  He has the  softest heart. 

Our Mama, Aunty Iman, the wahala herself.   Iman can frustrate  the living soul out of someone.  Our no nonsense mommy.  Her yells alone can wake the dead.  Shes so fierce, so strong and very stubborn.   And she's  a talkative .  Well i see alot of me in her though. Regardless of all this, she's  a sweetheart, she also has a soft  heart. She's  my baby girl , my bestfriend.  I made sure to set that bond now for future purposes.  She's  also a daddy's  girl.  They're  inseparable.   One thing is my kids looks so much like their dad.  Hopefully  the one on  the way gets to look like me. 

My family  is  doing great. We're  one big happy family. We havent had  any problems in a very  long time. 

Mami is the best grandma my kids could have.  She loves all her grandchildren  so dearly.   She spares a weekend monthly  just  to spend with her grandchildren. All of her grandkids stay with her for a weekend.   Well except Marcus Zahra's  son. 

Zahra and Mustafa relocated  to Chicago after their wedding.   We talk all the time and we spend  family  vacations together.  Zahra welcomed Marcus  a year after her wedding, he's such a handsome and sweet boy.

The twins,  Ameenah amd Ameerah are also doing well with their family.  They are the elder sisters i never had.   They still do love me very much  and i appreciate  them everyday. 

Nabilah is not married yet but my boo is doing well for herself.  She relocated to Nigeria  after graduating  from the university.  She started a business  of her own and also own a NGO.  She claims love would come at the right time . She's  doing well for herself  and she's  happy. 

Sweet aunty Summaiyah,  my children's  favorite  aunt.  My baby  is also doing well for herself.  She's  having  the fun of her life.  She graduated from university few months  ago.  Summy is still the sweet happy lady.  She's dating  this Nigerian American actor John Boyega...  She's  currently  on a beacation with  him. 

My mom, that  woman is the absolute  best.  I can't trade her for anything. She  travels down to Abuja whenever  she's  chanced just to check up on us.  We facetime every other day.  My children loves her so much.

Salamat, my ride or die.  I love that woman.  Shes still happily married to Aazim.  They welcomed their third child , a boy again Hussein.  I told her she's  mama  bom boy she still wouldn't accept it.

Balaraba  doesnt work for me anymore, she now works at the Federal ministry of  Education.   Khalifa helped her secure a job there.  Things between her and her then boyfriend  Zaiyan  didnt work out.  Shes doing fine.  She visits  once in a while.   Sarah  doesn't work for me again also.

My business is doing well.  Everything is going smoothly.   Just that i haven't  been to work since i got pregnant.  Everything  is still working  fine   its just like it was when  i was pregnant  the first time.  My workers  are taking care of things on my behalf.  

And now to the man of the hour, my Habibi.  I don't know what that man has done to me, but then i fall in love in love with him each and every single day.  He's so cute,the  sweetest.   He's  the total package.   He is everything  i wanted, everything  i prayed for.   That man is the absolute best.  I thank the lord for bringing him  my way.   He's my soulmate.  I bless him everyday.   I have known  him for almost ten  years and he's  nothing short of a husband.  I feel so blessed to  have  him.  My children are so lucky  to have khalifa as their father.  Ahmad doesn't joke with his children.  They are his life.  He does everything they want.   He's  the best father  ever.  And we love him so much.  

I am happy, my family  is happy, we're  doing well in all our endeavour.   I don't know what I'll  do without my husband  or my children.   Those  people are my whole existence and i cannot  trade them  for anything  in the world....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 13.9K 73
"So what are you doing in our house dingy girl?" He asked her coldly. "It's none of your business and please stop calling me dingy girl" She replied...
120K 13.2K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...
20.4K 2.5K 55
A coincidental car accident brought two souls meant for each other together at the time they never expected. Zayba Isah Bature, a sister to Hibba Isa...
149K 15K 49
*COMPLETED!! - Editing in process* Highest ranking #2 in Hausa #1 in Nigeria summary in editing* NOTICE: None of the pictures belong to me. All th...