π‚πŽπŒπ„ π–πˆπ“' πŒπ„| d.e

By iipinkk

Ja'Lani Banks. David Jr. started 3.17.2020 "That smile on your face makes it easy to trust you..." More

Come Wit' Me
Southside
Saturday Nights
Studio Session
Celebrations
Invitation
Dinner and Decisions
Let Me Take You
Hello Cali..
Past Memories
Missing You..
Character Check.
EP Release Party
Author Questions:
Busy Bee's
PSA
We Both Know This
1st Show
Who I Fw
Puerto Rico
You Make Me Happy
I Don't Know..
4 Months Later (beginning of SEQUEL)
Old Beef
The Checkup
California Lani?
You Miss It, I Know
It's A..
See, I Knew It
War Mode June
The Closure
Kairi Chanel
Blowing My High
Pink Roses
You Could've Just Said That
Got Some Thinking To Do
Act Together
Backstage Passes
Came To A Realization
Miami
π‚πŽπŒπ„ π–πˆπ“ πŒπ„
11/6 BONUS CHAPTER
1/16 *not an update*

Come Over

21.3K 912 100
By iipinkk

Brooklyn, New York

"Okay, enough mommy." Jersi said as she went back to her room to play.

"Well okay then miss ting." Lani said shocked that her babygirl would rather play then take pictures with her.

Saturday afternoon, Lani had no work later on and she was with Jersi. She planned on taking her out to Times Square later on when it was dark so she could see all the lights. She had bought tickets for a broadway play for Jersi to see earlier this month.

Sulan and Amber planned on coming over but Lani didn't know if they still would. P had just got back in town again so she knew Sulan would be under him and Amber loved working so she more than likely would go in tonight.

And as far as DJ goes, he and Lani have talked often during the week passing since they were last on the phone. It wasn't as consistent as them high schooler conversations because they were adults and had lives of their own but it was still quite often. Lani actually had plans of him coming over to help him get things ordered for his EP release party coming up.

DJ picked a label, finally, and was now ready to release his first label signed EP. DJ had multiple, but they never really reached the big screen like he'd hoped. So this go around, he hoped for bigger.

Lani sat up and went back into the living room to finish cooking. It's been awhile since she'd cooked and she missed the smell of a fresh home made meal brewing. She placed onions, bell peppers, and seasoning in her crockpot along with her seasoned meat.

She planned to let it cook slow while she and Jersi went out.

"Jersi! Put your shoes on babe."

"Yes ma'am!" Jersi hollered back, doing as her mom asked.

Just as Lani was getting her things together for them to go, DJ called.

"Waddup ma?"

"Hey DJ."

"You sound busy, want me to call back?" He askedz

"Nah you good. Me and Jersi getting ready to go." She replied putting her shoes on.

"Oh okay, the play right?"

"Yeah, you remembered?" She smiled.

"Duh, got no choice. Yo talkin' ass." He laughed, sparking his blunt.

Lani smacked her lips. "See, whatever."

"But nah forreal, round what time you think y'all gonna be back home?" He asked.

"Uhh around eight, maybe even nine. I'll text you."

"Ight, see you ma."

"Bye, see you." DJ smiled hanging the phone up.

DJ has been making her feel like a little school girl every since that night he drove her to the airport. He always made her laugh and she really did enjoy talking to him. Although she would never admit it to him, or to anyone for that matter, she could definitely admit it to herself.

"You ready to go baby?" Lani asked Jersi as she came into the living room with her barbie doll.

"Yes momma." She smiled sitting down on the couch.

"Okay well let's go."

•••

"Did you enjoy the show baby?" Lani asked Jersi as they sat and tackled their sugar filled shakes. Jersi claimed she's been there before with her mama and papa so Lani took her. She planned on putting her straight to bed once they got home so it didn't even matter about all the sweet stuff she was eating right now.

"Mhmmm! It was so cool!" She smiled, happily eating/ drinking her dessert.

"Okay now finish up so we can head home." Jersi nodded and continued to finish her dessert while still holding conversation about the show with Lani.

Once she was done, they both headed home. Lani and Jersi both sung loudly along with songs on the radio on the way home and it tired Jersi out.

Lani had to carry Jersi into their apartment while she slept peacefully. She laid her on the couch before going to turn her food that had been slowly cooking since she left.

"Perfect." She mumbled. She had already texted DJ when they left the sweet shop that she was on the way home and he told her he'd be there in about an hour. He was at the studio and would have to go home to shower so that would cause him a hour or so to do.

Lani began to wake Jersi up to get her ready for bed. She figured she would be hungry so Jersi ate some fast food before going to the sweet shop. Lani knew she would be knocked out by the time they got home and didn't feel like hearing her whine about how she was sleepy while eating.

Once Jersi was all cleaned, Lani took her to her room to lotion her up and put her some comfortable pajamas on. Lani brushed her hair out from washing it in the shower, added her hair products, and braided it down in one big braid before wrapping it in a low bun. Finally, Jersi was ready to go to bed.

"Goodnight baby, I love you."

"I love you too mommy." She said rubbing her eyes. She motioned for Lani to give her a kiss on the lips and Lani did.

"Now me." Lani said going into her own bedroom and getting her things ready for a shower.

Once she got in, Lani washed her hair, shaved her body, and washed her body all in the same shower. She was happy as hell that she got it all done in one session. Normally she had to do them three on different nights, mainly because she would get tired. But tonight, even though she had been out, she wasn't tired at all. If anything, the shower woke her up.

Once she stepped out the shower, she heard knocks ok the door.

"Really?" She sighed frustrated that she couldn't open the door anymore decent than a robe. Silk at that.

As she went to answer, DJ kept making loud beats on the door.

"Are you serious nigga?! Chill." Lani said swinging the door open. There DJ stood with a big goofy grin on his face and his laptop in hand.

"My bad. Babygirl sleep or sum'?" He asked stepping in.

"Yeah, i'll be back." Lani said going io the few steps that lead to the hallway and into her room.

She continued to get dressed while humming around her room.

"You look good bitch." She stopped in front of her mirror to take a quick picture then posting it to her social media.

@lillanibanks: 💛

Leaving her bedroom, Lani shut her lights off and went back to the living room where she found DJ stuffing his face.

"Well damn, help yourself." She mumbled.

"Sorry, you was taking mad long. I couldn't breathe, I was dumb hungry." He said.

She nodded. "It's cool. You ain't ate all day?"

"Nah. Too busy."

Lani glanced at him while making her plate. "And you're high. I thought you said you were trying to stop."

"I was. I be stressed."

"Mhm, I hear you."

Lani and DJ ate their food while watching a show on the tv. Lani took both of their plates into the kitchen and began putting the food away and wiping down counters.

She went back into the living room with DJ sitting right beside him once she was done.

He had his laptop on his lap and a annoyed look across his face. Nothing new to what he always looked like.

"What's the matter?"

"Man this stupid ass website ain't got all the shit they claiming they do. False ass advertising." He grumbled. Lani rolled her eyes and took the laptop from him and began to help him out a little.

A little while after she had found everything he told her he wanted and started to order them. Next was finding a place to rent, to have that party. DJ bein DJ, was doing the most and being picky. Part of Lani understood because this is a big deal to him so naturally, he would want everything perfect. But the other part of Lani felt like he was just saying outrageous things so he could be around her longer. That, she also didn't mind.

"Okay so since you just want the craziest requests for tha place, how bout we go and look for some tomorrow?" Lani suggested as he sat scrolling on his phone.

"Ight. I rather do that, cause this shit on piss me off." He motioned his finger towards the laptop. Lan nodded and closed it handing it to him.

"So what time?" He stood up.

"I don't know, after I take Jersi to school."

"Okay, imma call you."

"Okay."

"Ight."

Lani scrunched her face up. "Ight nigga."

DJ stood there holding a goofy grin making Lani blush.

"Get out." She pushed him out the door.

"Ahhh she blushing fa ya boy!" He laughed, heading to his car.

•••

y'all just don't know how good this book is about to get 😩😩.

2 updates today because I can't wait to get this show on the road. now after this, the rule below begins to apply again!!!

updates ARE based off the readers interactions!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 1.5K 22
Just read trust me 😏.
70.1K 4.1K 30
No, you know I cannot hide it 'cause I am so excited ...That I finally decided on you Started: 3.21.23
45.6K 1K 21
Welcome to the life of Kiyah....
481K 11K 51
My first book sorry for mistakes...enjoy😘 First publish: 2019 Finished: 2020