Hallmark (Marked Series #3) |...

By loyalroyale

Dating a renowned playboy isn't always a good thing. **** After dealing with internal complications of Nami a... More

ABOUT
FOREWORD
The Characters
Intro
Special Chapter
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
OUTRO
Author's Note
Book Four of the Marked Series!
MUST READ
SUPPORT ME ON WEBTOON!

Chapter Twelve

375 33 5
By loyalroyale

IDGAF: The Eighth Challenge

On April 20, we will witness another concert by two ladies for the Eighth battle but this time, they won't be singing other people's song, it's going to be their own songs. See you at KSPO Dome at 8 in the evening!

"So they're actually giving you enough time to prepare for this."

"This won't be too hard for Nami though," Taeyong suddenly says making me turn to him in surprise and confusion. It's definitely going to be hard for me considering that I'm no singer and I'm no good in making songs like this one.

"You're right."

I turned to Mark with a glare. "You guys are nuts. I even lost to—"

"That's because it's a singing contest. It's not a singing contest this time. Are you even thinking?" Johnny then replied.

I sighed and shook my head in disbelief. I feel like every challenge is constantly showing everyone how incapable I am and it's embarrassing me every possible way. Are they really putting me up in challenges that Mark's exes are good at? I'm in a total disadvantage here.

"What are you so worried about, princess? It's not like you haven't done this before."

I turned to Mark creasing my brows. "Done what—" Does he—

"The song you gave me – last year, on my birthday."

I blinked and felt my cheeks burn in shame. "How—" I was being quiet about that but I never really knew that he already found out that it wasn't really from Sohee. Even now I'm so embarrassed of what I did. I just want to get out of here now.

He chuckled. "I went to thank Sohee before but she was clueless of what I was talking about and Taeyong told me you borrowed the studio. It can't possibly that midget ex of yours singing in that song so I figured it was—"

"Jihoon."

Everyone fell silent.

"I need Jihoon."

I immediately headed out of the room and dialed his number. I would have known if he changed his number and if he did, I'd be the most unfortunate human being on earth but if he really did, I have a list of desperate ways. When he, thankfully, picked up, "Jihoon! Are you busy? Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah. I'm actually on my break right now," What a relief. "My only break, really but go ahead."

"Sorry. Should I just call—"

I hear him chuckle. "Talk, Nami."

Okay. So I told him everything. Even the smallest details. Well, except about Mark's father being the one who talked me into this. I was going to tell him it was evil but I didn't want to call any of Mark's relatives' words that are mean and disrespectful. The chairman's still his father.

"A challenge?" He repeats as soon as I explained everything to him. It's been a while since I last saw him in person. I feel like we haven't seen each other for years but I have been talking to him if not Sohee on the phone. "What's the purpose of all this? Don't you think this is stupid? I mean, Mark will always find his way back to you so the contest is flawed itself and an ending they can never change."

"I know but," I paused. "I have reasons. Please help me, Jihoon. I really need your genius mind right now."

"You're lucky, Nami." Lucky? "I'm heading back to Seoul tomorrow for a meeting with one of the companies. I'll schedule a day to spend with you for whatever this is. Will it be enough? A day?"

"Oh my God, really?!" I exclaimed. "That's more than enough! Thank you so much Jihoon!"

"I'll see you then,"

When the call dropped, I turned back to Mark and his friends with a victorious smile. With Jihoon's help, I can make this possible. This could be possible to accomplish by me – a girl who swallowed a big frog in her throat.

"He's coming back," Everyone looks at me confused. "Jihoon."

"Your midget ex? No! Automatic no!" Mark suddenly shouts. "There's no way I'm letting you work with that little dude."

"Mark, he's a producer. He's a veteran in this field and he'll help me out a lot. I can win this with his help." I explain but he couldn't stop creasing his brows. I turned to his friends asking for help with the explaining but they were just raising their brows as if they don't have any intentions of helping me. "It's not like we still like each other."

"You might not like him anymore but does he not like you anymore as well?"

"Wh—"

"Mark." Taeyong cuts me off and turns to his friend. "You're being a bitch about this. I thought you both learned to trust each other? You're not really doing a great job at it right now." He crosses his arms. "If you want to protect Nami so bad, just join them. Just let the dude help her okay? You're not a producer to help her win this so you don't really have a choice."

Thank you.

Mark looked like he was hesitant but he gave in and turns back to me with a deep sigh. "Fine. But I'll be going with you."

I walked towards him and gave him a small hug. "You're such a jelly bean, player."

"Anyway," Jaehyun breaks the silence. "Who have you dated that's good in producing, Mark?" He asked and now that Jaehyun mentions it, I was curious of who it could be this time. Every time I put up with Mark's exes, they seem to be national champions from different areas.

"I only rememeber," Mark looks up and squints his eyes. "I don't remember. I don't remember girls I only dated for days so,"

"This is why you're such a douchebag."

I woke up the next morning with my eyes feeling as heavy as a rock. I feel like I haven't slept for three days when I just slept for about four hours last night trying to finish some lyrics and melody I can work with Jihoon today. I feel proud and confident now that I'll finish this up with Jihoon.I got up, got dressed and went to finally meet Jihoon not being able to see each other for more than a year.

"Why do you look so," I turned to Mark with a questioning look. "Happy? Is it because you're seeing that little dude?"

I frowned and gave him a soft slap over his chest for calling Jihoon that. I always hate it when Mark calls other guys I used to be close with names that are nasty. "He's my friend. Long before I even met you personally so stop calling him names and stop being rude!"

He rolls his eyes and mocks my words. "You better not like him still. I'll kill him if you do."

I squinted my eyes at him in disbelief.

"Nami!"

I turned to see who called my name and saw Jihoon with an ever whiter hair. Last time I saw him, he wasn't this blonde. Now, his hair was literally while. "Jihoon!" I ran to him and gave him a hug which he immediately reacts to. "Oh my God. I haven't seen you for ages. It's nice to see you again." I said over his shoulder. He definitely smelled foreign right now. It wasn't the same scent I used to really like about him.

"Yeah. My dad's not really giving me any free time. My butt's hurting from sitting all day inside the office. I'm glad you called for help with music. I almost forgot how much I love making music so thank you."

Suddenly, a cough broke us apart. I turned to my back and saw Mark crossing his arms. "Isn't this a little too much skin ship in front of the," he clears his throat once again. "Boyfriend."

I glared at him but he refused to be nice. "Ignore him. He's just jealous."

Jihoon thankfully just chuckled. "Okay. Let's talk this out first in my office before we go to the studio."

I nodded before following him. "So how's New York? Sohee told me you guys hung out every once in a while." I asked as we walked side by side. I can't believe he actually finished business for a year and now he's really working for his future company.

"Yeah, Jihoon man," Mark pushes me to the side and starts walking next to Jihoon all of a sudden. "How is great New York City? Why don't you just stick your butt there and never come back? Doesn't that sound like a great idea?"

"Only if you're the chair I'll use. A great idea indeed." Jihoon answers back coldly.

I pulled Mark away from Jihoon before he could do something worse. I frowned at him and exclaimed, "What are you doing?!"

"I'm asking the little dude why he came back. Am I not allowed to ask him about it?" Mark responded sarcastically.

"Why tell him to stay there and just sit and all that butt word you're saying—" I babbled and sighed. "Jihoon's giving me his precious time for me to win the challenge I'm doing to win you and you're not even grateful for him for doing that?"

"It just annoys me okay?!"

"Annoys you what?!"

"His height!"

Oh my God. I almost forgot I dated an immature child. Gosh.

"Okay, enough about me. We're here to help you girlfriend win a competition about you so stop being a baby be professional about this." Mark looked taken aback so I hold him by the arms in case he tries to punch someone. "I won't try steal your girlfriend because I respect her so you don't have to act all violent and all that." Jihoon answered calmly with his hands over his pocket.

"Arrogant bastard." I nudged Mark's arms and crinkled my nose in embarrassment. "What? He's obviously showing off all his new whatevers."

"Stop being rude. I swear. I'm not only breaking your nose, I'll break up with you."

His eyes widened in shock. "Wha—"

"So Jihoon!" I ran back to Jihoon's side ignoring my jealous boyfriend. "How's Sohee doing? Is he still with Josh, was it? Are they still dating?" I asked and he nodded.

"Frequent, but not as much. It's pretty busy in the company so, I barely have time for other things that matter more unfortunately."

We were already in one of Jihoon's recording studios finishing off the details. I can say that it's pretty perfect by now but Jihoon doesn't seem too satisfied with it. I mean, he's a total perfectionist and I'd understand but for my situation right now, it's pretty done and perfect already. "There's just something missing. I don't know if I just lost my sense of musicality or if I'm just being uncontended."

"Jihoon, this is really good. My lyrics were crap and it would have been crappier if you didn't use your magic on it."

"But—"

"This is perfect, okay? Don't put so much effort into this. It's just a stupid challenge after all, remember?" I laughed trying to make the atmosphere better.

"And it would have been more perfect if you're not the one helping my girlfriend."

I glared at Mark. He's been doing this for the past few hours and I'm starting to ignore these harsh comments he gives every time I try to make Jihoon feel better. He already has enough weight over his shoulder and this shouldn't be a part of that. "Can I record now?"

"Okay then."

Day of the competition. I wasn't sure if I was ready to sing something I personally wrote. Jihoon said he'll take care of the editing and all so I really haven't even heard the final song. I just recall the beats from recording before. Jihoon did send me the file but I haven't got the time to listen to it since I have a lot of things to take care of in school too.

"Please tell me you actually behaved during the process of making the songs."

I turned to Mark raising my brows. I knew very well he didn't and now that his friends were asking, I feel like it was the right time to tell him off. "Tell them, Mark. How you behaved while Jihoon was trying to help me with the song."

"How can I behave when her ex was literally rubbing all his success over my face?"

His friends laughed at him. "You're such a pussy biatch, Markypie." Johnny wheezed.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome, to today's battle of the best of the best composer! Are you all ready to witness these amazing master pieces that the two ladies prepared for us tonight?!"

The crowd went wild and my heart was racing like a jet. It's about to explode and I know it.

"In order to find out who goes first, we prepared a special ballot with our two ladies' names inside. Whoever I pick will be the first performer for the night!" A lady pushing a cart with a box appeared before the emcee pushes his hand over the hole and picked up a folded paper. "Haerin Choi!"

I felt relieved and at the same time pressured. Relieved that I wasn't the first to perform but pressured because if Haerin's song is a bop, people will expect something great from me and my piece isn't that phenomenal. All these nerves are getting to my head. I should calm down. Calm down.

You're the reason I get better

My heart keeps beating faster

It's all because of you

My feelings only get stronger

My heart beats even louder

When I see you

I can't bring myself to look at other guys

I keep sinking, drowning from you oh oh

Every second I feel so attached

Like a magnet that pulls me to you oh oh

I don't know what to do

Or am I too high on you?

I might be getting crazier for you

"What a beautiful love song, indeed." The crowd cheered. "Thank you for that wonderful song Ms. Choi." Haerin exited the stage, opposite from where I was on standby. A man hands me a microphone and that's when my knees started shaking. I never performed an original song in front of a crowd before. Okay. Take a deep breath, Nami. Just do it the way Jihoon told you to sing it and you'll be fine. "Now let's all have Nami Fukuyama to perform her original song! A round of applause!"

Can you find me?

Love me

For who I am

A girl in shoes

I don't wear a shiny crown

I don't live in a palace

Can only write you a song

We can happen

If it was a fairytale 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.6K 34
✿idol au ❝where 2 idols fall in love but tries to hide their relationship from their fans.❞
33.2K 1.3K 29
⟨A Markhyuck Fanfiction⟩ [In which Mark Lee doesn't hate Lee Donghyuck as much as he thought he did.] -Enemies to lovers au Trigger warnings are to b...
331K 7.7K 49
❦︎• ᴀ sᴛᴏʀʏ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ɢᴇᴛs ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ʜɪᴄᴋᴇʏs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ's ғᴜᴄᴋʙᴏʏ [there may be a few spelling mistakes and errors. please ignore! also this i...
122K 3.1K 35
Something is wrong with the youngest in NCT. The hyungs have all noticed that the members in Dream have been acting off lately, but they can't place...