Hallmark (Marked Series #3) |...

By loyalroyale

Dating a renowned playboy isn't always a good thing. **** After dealing with internal complications of Nami a... More

ABOUT
FOREWORD
The Characters
Intro
Special Chapter
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
OUTRO
Author's Note
Book Four of the Marked Series!
MUST READ
SUPPORT ME ON WEBTOON!

Chapter Eleven

352 34 3
By loyalroyale

Run Devil Run: The Seventh Challenge

"Welcome," the host exclaims. "To the sixth battle of the challenge!" The crowd cheers like there was a celebrity on stage. "Let's welcome out sixth contender, Ms. Doha Kim!" I didn't know who the girl was but she was Asian. Are they finally sending someone who's from the same race as us?

"Doha, hm," Mark mumbles next to as he taps his fingers over his chin. "Interesting."

"Why? What's it this time?" Johnny asked.

"For today's challenge, I'm sure everyone will hold their breaths," The host pauses to build the tension between the contest and the audience.

"I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, it would be—"

"—to witness an Archery match between the two ladies!"

"Archery."

Archery? Really?

"Nami's good with focusing on a target, she'll fairly do well for as long as the other girl isn't some kind of an Olympic champion in archery or some bullshit." Taeyong suddenly said which made everyone turn to his in confusion – including me.

"How can you say that?"

"Thanks to her majors, she should be able to hit a target because she's used to being careful and precise with the measurements of her plan layouts. If she doesn't get nervous, she'll pull this off with just that practice itself." Jaehyun surprisingly added.

I guess he was right about me being careful and precise with my works for floor plans and Jaehyun would know since he has had his fair share in knowing the struggles of being an architecture student but me doing archery seemed too impossible to pull off without any practice. I'm definitely losing this one again.

"You're right. Nami can do it." Mark comments and smiles. "It's just that, Doha is one of Korea's Archery Team."

"Great."

"Then hope for some miracle then, Nami." Jaehyun turns back to me and crosses his arms leaning against the railing that sets us apart from the stage. "Just aim and think of it as the phase when you start inking the tracing paper."

"Without further ado, onto the stadium we go!"

Before the actual game, the administrators gave us a ten minute relax time. I wasn't relaxed at all. I was shaking all over my body down to my spine. I wanted to pull this off smoothly but I was too nervous and that was my problem. I can't control my anxiety level and it's getting more and more nervous every time I try to peek at Doha's direction. All these girls seem so confident at what they do and I'm like a lizard running away from just the sound of a small knock.

After ten minutes, someone called me to step in the field and gave me the bow and arrow I must use. The moment I had the bow in my hands, I almost dropped it. It weighed so much more than I expected. My nerves got more ticked. How can I possibly focus now?

The stadium wasn't full but it was occupied by many, that's for sure and it was still a lot for me. All these eyes on me. When dancing, this was normal but eyes on me while I'm about to do something that could embarrass me is a different story. I just don't have the confidence they all have.

"Each player will have three shots. For every shot they hit will be given a score. All scores will be added up after both of their third shots. The first shooter will be, Nami Fukuyama!"

I took a deep breath before I positioned the bow and arrow across my chest. I could see the target. It was so far. I feel like my sight is getting blurry and everything around me was just wobbly and surreal. I took another breath and focused on the red spot. I pulled the string back in position to release. Focus. I pulled the string further back and released.

"Ooh! That was one close shot!" The emcee claps. "Now we have, Ms. Doha Kim!"

Doha didn't even hesitate. The moment her name was called, she brought her bow up her chest and pulled back the string. It took her about five seconds to release and it was spot on. She was an athlete. No doubt there.

The game went on. My score was fairly okay but of course— "Our sixth challenge's winner, Ms. Doha Kim! The arrow, ladies and gentlemen, went right through the camera for her last shot! Amazing!" There was no way I can beat her anyway. "Before this ends, there is a surprise announcement." The host suddenly says. "We're not really doing one challenge today," he pauses and my intestines twirl in anxiety. "We're doing two challenges for today. For the seventh challenge! All the way from Busan, let's welcome the National Tournament finalist, Choi Bora!"

"Oh no,"

"Oh no no no,"

"Oh no no no no no,"

I had no idea what was happening. I didn't know why Mark and his friends reacted that way but I knew it was bad news. I frowned in confusion turning to them in question. My heart raced in anticipation. The archery one wasn't that bad but another challenge is too much.

During the short break, I went to the nearest sink to wash my face. I was surprised when Taeyong suddenly grabs my arms and glares at me like he was about to kill me. "It's going to be a sprint. I don't how long or what type but it's definitely running."

I blinked. I couldn't even react properly. I lost it.

"Fuck it." He curses and frees my arms. He looks away and he looked like he was in deep thoughts. "Just run the way you do when you're late for class. Don't try too hard. Don't try to outrun her. Just lose it this time too, okay? It will be fine. I got you." He gave me a nod before he turned and walked away.

I watched his back as it drifted out of sight. Lose this time too? If I lose again, it'll be the fifth and it won't be sixty percent. What do I do now? My stomach was clenching so much I feel so nauseous. I might really end up losing Mark if that happens.

"What a surprise ain't it?" The emcee says. "Players, position!" I crouched down in my running prep position. I know my Physical Education class. These things are common knowledge. "Three..." My heart jumped. "Two..." I have to win. "One..." For Mark.

By the time I heard the gun shot, I ran. But I didn't run like I should have. I know I can't push the limits of my ankle and I didn't want to make Mark feel like I keep disobeying him. If we tie throughout the final verdict, one tie-breaker challenge will be made. I guess I just have to depend on that probability.

I kept running until, Bora suddenly collapses down. My eyes widened making me run to her. "Medic!" I shouted and gently tapped her cheeks. "Bora, can you hear me? Are you okay? Bora," At that, a group of medicine people rushed to her side and started doing their thing. They soon transferred her to a bed-like thing and rushed her to the school hospital.

"Due to Ms. Choi Bora's current state, we will have to set this challenge, tie by default. With that, the challenge ends here. Thank you for coming everyone and I'll see you all in the next challenge!" The emcee walks out of the stage.

I sighed and I still can't believe that just really happened. She literally collapsed in front of my eyes and that's something we don't often see. I feel bad for her but at the same time, I felt relieved that they declared the challenge tied for the unfortunate event. I guess I got lucky.

"Nami-chan!"

I turned and saw the five boys run towards my direction.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded. "I was just shocked by what happened, that's all."

"At least you didn't lost another challenge right?" Johnny plants a palm over my shoulder. "Lucky. That bitch was mean to—"

"Language." Jaehyun cuts him off.

"That girl was meant to collapse today so this could happen! The odds are in your favor, sis!"

I looked at Taeyong who was keeping quiet. I didn't think it was an accidental collapse. Taeyong. He looked back at me – giving me that you-know-I-did-it kind of look. The type that wasn't denying the fact that he did it. "T—"

"Are you okay? Are you tired? Does your feel feel fine?" Mark appears in front of me and shakes me by the shoulder and Taeyong had already walked away without turning back – without saying a word.

"I'm fine." I looked at Mark who had his eyes full of worry. "There's nothing to worry about."

"We'll go to the hospital and get it checked. Just in case okay?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Taeyong! Hey!" Johnny called out but Taeyong was already too far and he didn't care if someone called him – just like he would do. "That guy..."

Taeyong. I owe him more than I think I would.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 585 15
|| ๐™ณ๐š˜ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐š“๐šŠ ๐š…๐šž ๐š ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž? || -o- MARKHYUCK -o- BESTFRIENDS -everything in this fanfiction is just for...
36.3K 2.5K 24
[nct dream] โ You do realise you're attempting to seduce a straight man, don't you? โž โ Eh, we'll be stuck together for a month. Whatever happens on...
20K 127 21
~Girl you dress to impress, I embrace you, I wanna get you in bed huh~ . . . please read the warnings in above the stories before start reading the...
21.4K 658 27
*ยฐโ€ข mark can't understand why donghyuck would break up with him all of sudden and while trying to figure it out he discovers something unexpectedโ€ขยฐ* ...