Queen of Joseon | jjk

By bts7ven

"In our next lifetime, I will make sure to love you more than you've loved me." He whispered. Copyright ©️ 2... More

• Queen •
• Raging Fire •
• Quiet River •
• The Advisor •
• Scared •
• Power •
• Guilty •
• Strangers •
• Start •
• Moon's Tale •
• Tears •
• Everything •
• Built to Ruins •
• Cold Breeze •
• Yield your Sword •
• Memories •
• The King's Harem •
• Better not Knowing •
• Bleeding in Pain •
• Promises •
• Cycle of Trust and Betrayal •
• Wither to Blossom •
• Talk and Trust •
• Betrayal of the Court •
• Open your Door •
• Make Me Love You •
• Signs of Illness •
• Show me your Vulnerability •
• Barren Land •
• Punishment or Oppression •
• Dark Nights •
• Love Accompanied by Pain •
• I'm Here •
• Jungkook •
Epilogue
Author's Note

• Old Friend •

5.4K 337 76
By bts7ven

Chapter fifteen: Old Friend

I remained quiet as I guide the Royal Queen Dowager out of her palace. She became weak, she couldn't even stand on her own unlike before.

Now it's making me wonder what kind of food the palace has been serving her, or what kind of medicines were mixed in those.

Sighing, I let go of the Royal Queen Dowager as she starts walking with her attendants carefully guiding her.

Watching her in that state breaks my heart. Knowing that this woman was the same mighty and powerful Queen before.

I turn to my sanggung, "Court Lady Suk," I called for her, and the woman was fast to be by my side. "Order one of our court ladies to investigate what kind of food were delivered into the Royal Queen Dowager's palace, and the kind of medicine they were serving her." I ordered, voice firm and sure.

Court Lady Suk bowed, "Can I please know the reason why, Your Majesty?" She asked.

I sighed, "Her Royal Highness is unusually weak, something that shouldn't be happening if she was getting nutritious food."
"She told me she wasn't taking in the medicines, but still, perhaps a food can give her enough strength to move on her own. But seeing this..I dont think they were giving the proper food for the Queen."

"Do you think there was someone behind all of these, Your Majesty?" Court Lady Suk's voice wavers.

I nod.

"Someone is threatening the Royal Queen Dowager's life." And I will make sure to punish that person.
"Order Ji Seok specifically. She will know what to do."

The young Prince look taken a back when they meet gazes. His doe eyes wavering as he eyes her. And Hyun Ae looks equally as confused.

She thought it was the Crown Prince that called for her on Eunwolgak palace...
But then, what is the second Prince doing in there?

"You...You're not Hwa Young?" The Prince muttered, a sudden realization dawning on his soft features.

"And you're not the Crown Prince?" Hyun Ae said, a frown in her face.

The Prince sighed, pacing back and forth, he is obviously having some mental crisis. And as for Hyun Ae, she inhaled a deep breath, contemplating on wether she should leave or stay.

But she couldn't help but stared at the young Prince. Something in that Prince garner Hyun Ae's attention.
He is good looking, just like all the men of the royal family, but what sets him apart from the King and Prince Jeonghyun's feature, was Prince Jungkook's was soft, the kind of face that can make you feel comfortable with just one glance. While the other two were firm and sharp, the type of beauty that demands attention and authority.

Hyun Ae was caught off guard when all of a sudden, the young Prince stopped pacing and bowed to her.
"Your Highness—"

"Please accept my apology for creating this misunderstanding! My Eunuch might had mistaken you as the girl named Hwa Young." He said. Head still bowed.

Hyun Ae bowed too, "Please stand up straight, Your Highness. Dont bow in front of a lowly person like me." She said, trying to get the Prince to stand up.
All the while, ignoring the blooming emotion within her.

She've seen the Crown Prince a lot, but neither was his smile or eyes make her feel the urge to hug him. But Prince Jungkook?

He...make her feel just that unexplained emotions.

•••

"You like my friend?"

Instead of leaving the Eunwolgak, Hyun Ae then found herself sitting on the porch of the palace with the young Prince on her side. She listen attentively to his every words, to his every rant.

They've talk about lots of things, and through those thoughtless conversation she learned that Prince Jungkook is a year older than her.

She was shock to know that, because with his young looking face, soft features, small body compared to the Crown Prince's—Hyun Ae though she's older than him.
Turns our she's not.

And also, through that conversation, she learned about the blooming feelings he have for Hyun Ae's friend.

"Yes..." The shy boy answered.

"But she's.." and Hyun Ae trailed,

"I know." The Prince sighed, "She is part of the competition for my brother's wife," his sad tone somehow manage to tug Hyun Ae's heart. "But I can't sleep knowing that my feelings will come unsaid. I at least dreamed of having a little closure before I let go."

"I can help you with that." She have no idea what pushes her to say that. But the bright shine on the Prince's eyes makes her to not regret for giving the Prince a hope.
"I am close to her, I can get you two closer."

"Are you certain of that?" The Prince asked, "But.."

"Hwa Young is not interested on the Crown Prince, she was only here to represent her household." She blurted. Giving more hope unto the young Prince. "She said she does not want to get married."

Something pushes Hyun Ae to give every kind of happiness to Prince Jungkook, and she's yet to figure that out.

"But my help is not to be given without anything in return." She trailed, the Prince attentively listening to her. "Help me get the title of
Crown Princess and I will help you get my friend."

Jungkook has always been know the Queen. The moment she stepped into the palace, carried by a beautiful palanquin, he's already there to see her, right beside his brother.
And every afternoon, after their lessons of literature, his brother would drag him towards the garden where the then young Queen would be.

The fact that she came from an influential family just make it easy for everyone to acknowledge her.

But there is one thing his brother does not know about the woman he was fancying, something only Jungkook known all those time.

That person is the type of someone who would do everything, even in an extent, just to get whatever she wanted.

The Queen is manipulative. Cruel. Two faced. She may seem so nice but she's someone that would hurt people without any second thoughts.

That's why Jungkook shall never fall limp into her trap. Her smiles can be deceiving, and he shall not be deceived.

Jungkook hid silently behind the arch that leads to the garden, watching the Queen Consort guide the Royal Queen Dowager around the place. Her timid smiles look so comforting, that such simple gesture of the Queen can make everyone following her every words.
But Jungkook knows better than to believe those smile. She's just as cruel as the officials that backstabbed him.

For him, she nothing but the girl that risked everything just to be titled as Crown Princess.

But at the same time, she's a weapon.
Her knowledge is unmeasurable. She knows more tactics when it comes to military than anyone in the King's army. Perhaps it was because she was born and raised by the very family that's been serving Joseon for centuries. Queen Hyun Ae was the only daughter of the late Minister of War.

The Queen is someone valuable, and that is the reason why Jungkook did not hesitate to give her such a big task.

But seeing that smile. The very smile that the woman never gave to him, it's making him wonder if an unsure rebellion is worth risking the Queen's life.

He may not like her, but he's not entirely cruel. Because at the very bottom of his heart, he cares.

He do care for the Queen, as an old friend.

A/N: so im trying to update as much as I can because I know that when our classes resumes I will be bombarded with pending school works

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 1.4K 33
***Book 1 of BTS Delululand Series*** Childhood friends separated due to tragedy, only to find each other later in life for Love, romance and what ma...
4.2K 196 7
🔞 It started out as a playful threat until it became a silent promise and an inner wish. * Now Published as a non-fanfiction on Kobo and Selar. Supp...
8.3K 281 14
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Love - The purest feeling to ever exist ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Mate - The one you promise to nurture and love with your heart ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Respect - T...