you're here // hyeongjun (x1)

By iloveuuwu

"I-I wanted to ask you if you needed help." "Yes, I need help. What can you offer?" It all started when Riny... More

introduction ⊹₊ ⋆‬
one ‪⊹₊ ⋆‬
two ‪⊹₊ ⋆‬
three ‪⊹₊ ⋆‬
four ‪⊹₊ ⋆‬
five ⊹₊ ⋆‬
six ⊹₊ ⋆‬
seven ⊹₊ ⋆‬
eight ⊹₊ ⋆‬
nine ⊹₊ ⋆‬
eleven ⊹₊ ⋆‬
twelve ⊹₊ ⋆‬
thirteen ⊹₊ ⋆‬
fourteen ⊹₊ ⋆‬
fifteen ⊹₊ ⋆‬
sixteen ⊹₊ ⋆
seventeen ⊹₊ ⋆
eighteen ⊹₊ ⋆
nineteen ⊹₊ ⋆

ten ⊹₊ ⋆‬

136 7 2
By iloveuuwu

chapter ten

< eunsang >

For the first time in my life, I was brought to the faculty room not because they would praise me for their grades, but unfortunately, because I got myself in trouble.

"So there has been a report that one of you, boys, helped a girl with her math quiz yesterday. A student told me that she was taking her quiz alone as punishment for sleeping in class, but a boy in a higher batch than hers came in the classroom and helped her." The male teacher told us.

I gulped. I started to sweat as I think about what I did yesterday. I honestly had no idea that it was a quiz, I thought it was just some kind of homework she wanted to do in advance. I looked at Minhee, Junho, and Hyeongjun who are with me.

"Sir, it was definitely not me. After class, I got straight out of he school to eat. I even called Eunsang to pay for me and we met Junho there. And Hyeongjun said he was helping a friend out."

The teacher nodded at him.

My parents would flip if ever they knew I did something that caused me trouble. They would be so disappointed finding out their straight-A son did something like this.

"There is no way one of us would do that." Minhee spoke again.

Eunsang, just do the right thing. Apologize. Your parents would be mad at you but at least you were honest.

"The student who was taking the quiz will take her punishment after class. Gosh, that girl is such a troublemaker. She'll be in charge of the books in the library."

The library? That's a large place and the taking care of the books there are too much work.

"And as punsihment, one of you will join her because unfortunately, you gave her the answers to the quiz."

I was about to stand up and take responsibility for what I did but I was cut off by the name the teacher mentioned.

"Hyeongjun."

What?

"I am higlhly disappointed. I know everyone portrayed you as a good and helpful boy, but I guess your helpfulness went out of hand. I hope this doesn't happen again."

At this point I was already standing up. Hyeongjun stood up from his seat as well and bowed down.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'll make sure it won't happen again."

The teacher smiled at turned to me.

"Problem, mr. Lee?"

I shook my head and sat down again.

As we were walking on the hallway some of the students were looking at us, they probably heard about it already.

"Hyeongjun, why'd you do that?" Minhee asked.

"I'm sorry for ruining the image guys, but I really didn't know it was a quiz. She looked like she was really having a hard time and I couldn't help it." He said sadly.

"Don't be sorry. Being helpful isn't something to be sorry for." I said and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh right, I'll go to the science lab now. I forgot my labgown there. Junho can you come with me?" Minhee grabbed Junho and started walking faster. Junho just sighed at him.

It was Hyeongjun and I that was left.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to him.

"Don't be." He smiled. "Rinyoung was really happy when you helped her like that. Plus, I'm the one who got caught so you don't have to apologize."

"You knew I went there too? She told you?"

"Of course she told me." He laughed.

Were they that close now? They seem really close.

"All right then, I'll get going." He said.

< a/n: flashback ; hyeongjun >

I was about to head home after fixing my stuff but my Physics teacher asked me a favor and I had to bring his stuff to his office. His office is actually located at another building, the ones who are in grade 10. After bringing the stuff, I noticed that there are a few students left. Some were cleaning or decorating the classroom, some taking extra classes, but what caught my attention is a classroom that has nothing but a girl answering something. She stared at her paper and bit her lip. She knitted her eyebrows together and I noticed her eyes were a bit watery.

That girl turned out to be Rinyoung.

I entered the classroom and tapped her shoulder.

"Rinyoung." I said.

She turned around to me and I could see her red eyes and was about drop a tear. Her lips were trembling, it was as if she wanted to cry but she chose not too. She wiped her tears with her uniform and looked at her paper again.

"What's wrong?" I asked while sitting beside her.

She sniffed. "I slept at math class a while ago and they made me answer this shit. I didn't get the lesson earlier and I might fail this semester if I don't answer this properly." She said.

I grabbed a bottle of water from my bag and gave it to her. "Here, you should drink and calm down first." She just looked at me and refused to accept the water.

"Did you drink from that?" She asked.

In this kind of situation, is that even important? I thought.

"Nope, I brought it from the cafeteria earlier and I haven't opened it yet."

She grabbed the water bottle from my hand and drank from it. She took a deep breathe and thanked me. I took a look at the paper she was answering. It was a good thing that I knew about this lesson and I could definitely help her.

After twenty minutes, we finished answering the paper. She insisted that I should wait for her to submit her work and go home together. I didn't have anything against it because we lived in the same neighborhood.

"You know, Eunsang got there earlier and told me the formula, but I couldn't even understand because he looked so good." She smiled.

"You like him that much? Well, who could blame him for being the closest to perfection?" I asked and laughed.

"He is perfect." She said and not to be exaggerating, but that was the brightest smile she made ever since I met her.

< a/n: present ; rinyoung >

"I heard she got Hyeongjun to punishment today."

"Yeah, I saw Hyeongjun and Rinyoung go home together. Isn't that weird?"

"Are they a thing? I can't believe Hyeongjun fell for her."

"I know right. Hyeongjun is so bright and kind, and everytime I see Rinyoung, she's always frowning."

"Like when she's there, she automatically brings down the mood."

Those were the words I've heard from other students since this morning and I am tired of it. Just because Hyeongjun is cute, popular, and kind, doesn't mean I'm at fault here. He's the one who chose to help me.

My blood is literally boiling, I can't help but get mad. The librarian gave me another pile of books to stack on the second floor. I've been carrying these heavy bullshit for more than an hour. What's worse is a lot of students are staring at me and don't even bother to help. I swear to God, I want to take their eyes out.

After ten minutes, the students started to leave one by one which actually gave me a peace of mind. I came back to where all the unstacked books are placed and realized they were less than when I left them. A lot of books have been taken and I thought there was someone stealing the books. I rubbed my forehead in stress as I thought this would give me more work.

"All right, who stole a bunch of books here?! Show yourself!" I shouted.

"Shhhh!" The librarian shushed me.

"Seriously? There are no more students here. Your books are being stolen by someone and I'm trying to find out who it is." I answered her.

"What do you mean, being stolen?" She asked me and looked at me like I was some crazy girl.

I just looked at her back. I turned my head and saw Hyeongjun walking towards the books and getting a pile of them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Helping you, I guess? Unfortunately, I'm getting punished too." He laughed awkwardly and looked down.

I got the books that were left and went to the second floor with Hyeongjun.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I was busy with the sudents' log book and the librarian asked me to photocopy a bunch of papers. I accomplished some paperworks regarding the library too, it was so long." He explained.

"Wow, you only get to deal with these papers and I have to carry these heavy books?" I said. He took the books that were in my hands and carried it along with all the books he was originally carrying. "No, I can help you!" I said and tried to grab the books but he wouldn't let me.

"I actually insisted that I would do the stacking of books since I'm a guy, but they said you deserve a better punishment because you also slept in class. I couldn't push them anymore." He looked at me apologetically.

After stacking all the books, we said our goodbyes to the librarian and left the school. We were on our way to the train station and saw an ice cream store.

"Do you want some ice cream?" He asked.

"Will you treat me? Because, technically, you got us into this punishment. If you didn't help me with my quiz, I wouldn't have stay this late and carry books." I said.

He laughed first before saying a word. "How could I leave you there if you were crying over it. I believe that if I wouldn't help you, no one would. At least you won't fail math. And yeah, it's my treat."

I squealed in excitement. I grabbed his hand and ran all the way to the store.

"Come on, before the store closes!" I said.

We got to the store and he's the one who ordered.

"I'll get the New York Cheesecake, and... Rinyoung?"

"Very Berry Strawberry." I said.

He handed me my ice cream and thanked him for it. Since food wasn't allowed in the train, we found a bench that we could sit on while we finish our ice cream. It was quiet and awkward, so I decided to break the silence.

"So Hyeongjun," he turned to me. "how are you doing?" I asked.

"Pardon?"

"I mean, how are you coping up with life?"

"I-"

"Never. I just didn't want to be quiet."

"Oh. I'm doing well. How about you?" He asked me.

"Me too." I answered him.

"You know, at first I never thought we would be friends. Minhee told me you were scary and intimidating, and the first time we met, I thought of the same thing. But you're really cool and kind, I guess." He smiled at me.

"Well, thank you. I never expected you to be older than me because you clearly look like a kid and you seem so bubbly."

"I never thought you'd be a year younger than me too. You look really matured." He confessed.

"Are you implying that I look old?"

"No! I meant, you look like you know a lot about the world than me." I laughed at him.

"You're a 02 liner right? Same with Eunsang?"

"Yeah."

"I'm a 04 liner." I laughed at his expression. He looked really surprised.

"What? So you're two years younger than me?" His eyes got even more wider than it's normal form and I thought it was funny so I can't help but laugh.

author

i heard about this new group called "MCND" and they are so great! Their visuals are on point and all of them has the skill! Their maknae, Win, who is a 04 liner as well, looks so handsome and he gives me the same vibes as Wooseok. i miss X1 so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.4K 15
Since I'm never in the mood to write a full story, here is an X1 heir series that I somehow managed to write!
19.7K 1.3K 35
book 2 of spoiled brat ♡
100 7 22
"STOP IT!!"I yelled, "I'LL TRADE MY LIFE FOR HIS JUST LET HIM GO! PLEASE....let him go" My voice broke as I fell to my knees. "I'll do it...let him g...
284K 6.3K 23
where you and a boy start to flirt through instagram comments :) (fetus writing please i can't -) 2021/18/08 #2 hyunjin 2021/14/01 #13 hyunjinxrea...