why do you only call me when...

By ummmmmmmi

in which hanna and taehyung drunkenly hook up one night after a party but somehow always find their way back... More

disclaimers
1• the night we met
2• fuck off
3• well?
{...}
4• golden trio
5• made of glass
6• more bad decisions
{...}
7• second chance
8• we meet again- pt.1
9• we meet again- pt. 2
{...}
10• too good to be true
11• can't take my eyes off of you
12• ..and now?
{...}
13• monday
14• match day (part 1)
15• match day (part 2)
{...}
16• it's over
17• moving on
18• epiphany
{...}
19• bad idea (part 1)
20• bad idea (part 2)
21• bad idea (part 3)
{...}
22• cat
23• fixing things
24• moon child
{...}
25• tell me you want me
26• f*ck buddies
27• naive?
{...}
28• the biology project
30• game day (part 2)
{...}
31• jungkook
32• playing with fire
33• trouble
{...}
34• i'm trying
35• it's complicated?
36• the night of the party (part 1)
{...}
37• the night of the party (part 2)
38• the night of the party (part 3)
39• we need to talk
{...}
40• drown in you
41• how could you?

29• game day (part 1)

5.5K 301 465
By ummmmmmmi

~Friday, 3pm~

"Come on, Cat, cheer up!" I fake pouted.

"You'll see, we're gonna have a great time" Sammy chimed in, nudging Cat's shoulder as she walked past the blonde and up to her closet to pick out an outfit.

Cat just shrugged as she got out her makeup bag and started rummaging through it on the hunt for some eyeliner. Her face was pulled into a silent frown, brows furrowed. She hadn't talked much since we arrived at Sammy's house.

I put on Ariana Grande's newest album to lighten her mood a bit and it seemed to work because I noticed her features soften and her frown slowly fade away.

"What are you wearing by the way?" Sammy asked when she started going through different tops, trying to get Cat to talk more.

"What I have on right now" I answered in her place when Cat still didn't say anything. "So jeans, this black longsleeve and a jacket"

"I brought a dress" Cat finally opened her mouth. "And a jacket as well, of course"

"A dress hmm?" Sammy teased. "Isn't it a bit cold for that?"

"Stooop, I almost always wear dresses" Cat rolled her eyes. "I'm not dressing up for him if that's what you think"

"I wasn't suggesting that" Sammy chuckled. "You're clearly not over him
Cat, if he comes to mind that quickly"

I was surprised to hear that come out of Sammy's mouth, considering what she had told me recently about how she thought we should let Cat figure out the situation with Jimin by herself and not mention it anymore. Apparently she changed her mind.

Maybe it was because she knew Cat wasn't happy. Not fully happy at least. Maybe she had the same feeling as I did. The feeling of words left unsaid hanging in the air whenever Cat was around.

I watched Cat change into her light blue dress and braid her hair, her pretty blonde hair. I was glad we had her back. I was glad we weren't fighting. I was glad she was smiling again. And yet.. something still felt wrong.

+1 new message...

Jungkook
Hey, I reserved you guys tickets. You'll just have to tell security your name. See you at the game;)

Me
Great, thank you!!
See you soon& good luck!

I checked my own appearance in Sammy's full length mirror. I tried to be careful not to dress up, although I was really excited about the match, I needed to keep in mind that it was just a soccer game, we weren't going to the club.

So, I stuck to my light-wash jeans and loose shirt. As I was picking out jewelry and humming to the song playing, I noticed a weird tingly feeling in my stomach. "What the heck?" I whispered to myself. What was I this excited for?

Just because I'd see Taehyung again? I shook my head, no. I looked forward to hanging out with Jungkook as well. And he was right, we hadn't really gotten to talk much recently. Probably because we were both too busy with other things. I had been busy with studying and he was busy with practice.

Maybe I could bring up Jimin to him at some point today. I was almost certain Jungkook would agree to help if I asked.

I suddenly started wondering whether Jungkook knew about me and Taehyung hooking up. Probably not. Taehyung seemed too secretive for that. I wondered what Jungkook would think of it, if he knew. I wondered if he would mind at all.

"Ready?" Sammy sung, flinging her arms around my waist from behind me.

"Yes" I smiled. "How do I look?" I winked.

"Cute" she smiled, ruffling through my newly short hair. "I'm still not over your hair. You look so different now. Really sleek in a way, if that makes sense. Like some Parisian girl, haha"

"Well, thank you" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Has he seen it yet?"

"Who?"

"Loverboy" she smirked. "Taehyon or whatever"

"Taehyung, stop pretending you don't know his name" I rolled my eyes but couldn't hold the chuckle in. "And no, he hasn't"

"Mhhhm" she wiggled her eyebrows. "He'll love it, you definitely look older than 17 now"

"Almost 18" I mumbled. "Remember we're just hooking up, not dating" I reminded her.

"Mhmm, whatever you say, babe"

"Who will love what?" Cat joined us, finished with her makeup. She looked beautiful, as always. I hadn't told her about the fuck buddy thing yet. But then again, was it really that important?

Sammy and Cat used to hook up with people every now and then without making it a big thing, most of the time I didn't know those poeple's names either.

Why was it such a big deal now that I was doing it?

"Taehyung" I told her. "Sammy's just teasing me about him"

"The guy with the silver hair that always looks so serious? I thought that was in the past?"

"Heey, he doesn't always look serious"

"Hanna's falling for him" Sammy clicked her tongue.

"I'm not!" I rolled my eyes. "Cat, I swear I'm not. We're just hooking up"

"Okay!" Cat held up her arms. "I believe you"

"Thank YOU, Cat" I replied, staring down Sammy.

"How come you've agreed to just hook up with someone though? I thought you weren't into that. Wasn't your rule dating or nothing?"

"People change" I shrugged, although she was right. That used to be my rule. When James and I first started hanging out, he had suggested to just be fuck buddies as well at first. When I refused, we stopped talking for a while but then he asked me on a date and soon after that, we got together.

"Hmm" Sammy hummed. "We'll see about that. SO! Are we ready to go watch some hot guys play soccer or what?"

"As ready as I'll ever be" Cat sighed. Although she was complaining about being 'forced' to see Jimin again, I had the suspicion she was secretly looking forward to it. I knew things weren't really over between them. They both still liked each other. They just needed a little push. And I was ready to give them that little push.

Dom, the angel, agreed to drive us to the match.

I got shotgun most of the time we drove with him, even though Sammy was his sister. Maybe because Sammy was his sister, haha, so they couldn't bicker.

Sammy and Cat were in a loud discussion with each other in the backseat and I took the chance to talk to Dom in peace.

"Thank you" I told him with a shy smile.

"What?"

"For always driving us places and you know...taking care of us so well"

"No worries, banana"

"Seriously, you're like our guardian angel"

"I like that" he smiled. "How's school?" he asked after a moment of blissful silence.

"Alright" I could honestly answer for once. "Not too bad"

"That's good. What about the other two?"

"Oh, Sammy's getting straight A's as always and Cat is okay as well, she got her Maths grade up again, which is really good"

"Glad to hear that" he nodded. "And..how are you?"

"Good" I smiled. "You?"

"No, I mean not right now but more generally, everything good?"

"Why are you asking?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Guardian angel things, I guess" he grinned.

"I'm fine, Dom" I laughed. "Really, I'm good"

"I've noticed things seem like they're back to normal again. You know, with Cat and everything that happened"

"Yes" I nodded. "She's doing much better"

"That's good" he nodded. "So, are you still talking to that one guy from that night?"

"What?"

"You know which one, the one that wanted to drive you home even though you promised me you wouldn't leave with anyone other than me"

I could tell he was still upset with me for breaking that promise.

"Okay now you're being straight up nosy. Why does it matter if I still talk to him?"

"I really didn't like that guy, he seemed off"

"I didn't ask" I mumbled, glancing out the car window. "You just met him at the wrong time, you were both pissed"

"So, is there more between the two of you?"

"No" I lied. "We're friends". Why was everyone asking me about Taehyung today? Did I have his name written on my forehead in big bold letters or something?

"Okay" he sighed, clearly not believing me but seeing no point in arguing. He was back to acting like my brother. I liked Dom, a whole lot, I really did. But not when he treated my like his little sister that couldn't take care of herself.

"Who I talk to is none of your business, you know?" I deadpanned.

"I'm sorry. Don't get mad at me, I'm just trying to look out for you"

"I didn't ask you to though. I don't need a protector" I clarified.

"We're here" Dom finally announced, pulling into the parking lot of the stadium.

"Thanks for driving us" Cat thanked Dom, before Sammy chirped a quick "Byee" to her brother and ushered us into the building.

Our eyes connected for a short moment and he weakly smiled at me. I couldn't smile back, I was too annoyed with him. By the time we had entered the stadium though, I already felt bad for snapping at him.

I asked for the tickets Jungkook had reserved for us and the guy told us that the had already paid for them and handed them to us.

"That's really nice of Jungkook" Cat smiled.

"It is" I nodded.

Like last time, we'd gotten there early to buy snacks. Sammy knew a lot of the people that were there, a lot of them were from our school, which didn't surprise Cat and me in the least, seeing how popular she was.

"Why didn't you bring the girl from the gym?" I asked Sammy when she had finally stopped chatting to what felt like at least ten people and we got to our seats.

"We're not dating yet, I told you"

"Yet? So you want to?" I smirked.

"Uhhh" Cat giggled next to us.

"Maybe" Sammy shrugged. "I need to think about it some more"

"Oh come on, you never think about stuff like this for long, you just do!"

"True" Sammy nodded. "I guess it's different with her. I don't feel like being impulsive"

"Hmm" I thought about that for a moment. "Maybe you can bring her next time" I suggested.

"Yeah, maybe" Sammy nodded again. "I definitely want you two to meet her soon though" Not even a hint of a blush, no stutter, no shyness at all.

Meanwhile when someone mentioned Taehyung, who I didn't have any romantic feelings for, I blushed like crazy. Why was Sammy so unbothered by this? So cool? I wanted to be like that too.

At the thought of Taehyung my eyes unconsciously scanned the field for his silver head of hair but to no success. No sign of any of the players yet.

You're here for Jungkook. I reminded myself.

"Well, well, well" I suddenly heard a familiar voice from behind us, so I turned around in my seat to come face to face with Jin and his friend, Namjoon? "And so we meet again" Jin grinned.

"Hiii!" Cat waved, recognizing them from the last game.

"Hi" the taller one of them shyly smiled. I was pretty sure his name was Namjoon. 80% sure. It'd be too awkward to ask him, I should know by now. I blamed it on the fact that we hadn't talked much. I may have seen him a couple of times and said hi but we had never really gotten to start a proper conversation.

"I followed your advise this time" Jin smirked, proudly showing off their snacks. "No cue at all when you get here early enough"

"Told you" I smiled.

"Jin was our own little commentator last time" I told Sammy.

"We're here for almost every single game, sweetheart, I know the freaking shoe sizes of every single player by now" he laughed.

"Wait are you serious?" Cat chuckled at his joke.

"Yes, I know all the tea, all the drama, all of these guys' secrets, everything" he winked.

"Really?" Sammy cocked an eyebrow. Usually it was her who knew everything about everyone. "Who's the oldest of the players?"

"Easy, the goalkeeper. His name is Tobias and he's 21"

"Hm, okay. How many players are there in total in our team?" Sammy asked, testing Jin some more.

"Are you asking how many there are in total or how many are playing today?" Jin asked.

"Total"

"15"

"Okay, next question. Who's single?"

"Hah, you really think I was joking, don't you? James, Samuel, Hoseok, Tobias, Jungkook, Conner, Rajim, Mark and Jimin are single"

"Wrong" Sammy smiled in triumph. "You forgot Taehyung"

"Pff he's not single" Jin laughed.

"What?" Sammy and I gasped at the same time, shock evident in our voices.

"See that girl there?" Jin asked. It took me a while to spot the girl he was pointing to in the ever growing crowd. "The blonde one in the grey sweater? She's been coming to almost every game recently and they always leave together when she's here"

My eyes widened in disbelief as I took in the blonde girl's appearance. I couldn't tear my eyes off of her. Sammy was left speechless as well.

"I told you I knew all the tea" Jin flicked his non existent long hair.

"How.." the question got stuck in my throat. She was pretty. Really pretty. I had no idea who she was. She didn't go to our school. I had never seen this girl before.

"Do you know her?" I asked Sammy in a hushed whisper after I regained my voice.

Sammy was also staring at her, chewing on her bottom lip, eyes squinted in deep thought. "No" she sighed after a while. "I've never seen her anywhere before, not that I remember"

"I fucking knew it" she cursed under her breath. "I knew he would be just like James"

I tried to ignore her, this was confusing enough already.

Did Taehyung actually have a girlfriend? Did I help him cheat?? I suddenly felt disgusted with myself.

You didn't know, you couldn't have known. I told myself.

She looked taller than me even though she was sitting down right now. Tall, slim and drop dead gorgeous. That didn't matter though. What the hell did I care what she looked like?

"Are you sure she's not just his cousin or something?" I asked Jin in a small voice, overwhelmed with guilt.

"I mean she could be" Jin shrugged. "But do you have any cousins that come watch you play soccer all the time, by themselves?"

"So, they've never kissed or anything?" Cat asked. I was worried the girl was gonna notice us staring at her for so long but luckily she was sat far enough away from us to not notice that our eyes were on her.

"No, not that I've seen. I don't spie on the players by the way, I'm just very knowledgeable" Jin said.

"You know nothing else about her?" Sammy persisted, nervously drumming her fingers against her leg.

"No" Jin shook his head. "Taehyung's a pretty mysterious guy, I'd say I actually know the least about him out of all the players"

"Fuck" Sammy cursed.

"Why? Is anyone crushing on him or something because in that case, I have bad news for you, he usually doesn't stay around long after games"

"No" I shook my head. "We just thought he was seeing someone else"

"Ahh poor girl" Jin sighed. "I wouldn't wanna be dating any of them to be honest, they're too busy and there'd be too much competition"

"What do you mean?" Cat asked and Jin pointed to the rows in front of us that were filled with freshmen and sophomore girls from our school, all dolled up and excited for the game, or rather the players.

The players of the opposite team who were wearing red started to run onto the field, followed by our team in blue. My eyes fixated Taehyung. He was wearing a black bandana again. He seemed focused. He didn't look up to the blonde girl which made me feel a pinch of relief.

Did he really look like a cheater? I didn't remember much about the first time we met at Sammy's party but what I did remember, very vividly, was that he had told me he knew James was cheating on me and that I didn't deserve it. Keep in mind we were complete strangers at that point. Would he really say that only to be a cheater himself in secret?

There was no point in trying to follow the game, much less enjoy myself now, the blonde girl and Taehyung were all I could think about. I carefully watched how she reacted to him. She cheered and smiled for him. But so did everyone else.

"You okay?" Cat asked me when I missed their first goal because I was too caught up with my own thoughts.

"Hm" I nodded.

"If it's true, he's not worth it" she kept talking to me. "You're not here for him, are you? Jungkook invited you, didn't he?"

"You're right" I smiled, feeling bad I hadn't even as much as glanced at the raven haired boy yet. "Sorry, I'm definitely overthinking this"

"Don't worry about it" Cat said as she reassuringly squeezed my hand. "I get it."

I tried watching the other players for a bit and attempted to focus on the actual game for once. Our team was in the lead. 3:1. They were expected to win again today. I knew that the championships were coming up and this game was like their last hurdle before reaching that big milestone.

James had his curls up in a bun, he seemed focused as well, not minding all the people watching him. Jungkook on the other hand, glanced over a couple times once he had spotted us.

I waved at him with a smile when halftime got announced and the players left the field to take a short break. He waved back, jumping up and down like a bouncy ball. Cute, haha.

I noticed that Cat's eyes were on Jimin. He was cooling his forehead with water from his water bottle.

"Pretty hot" I mumbled to Cat which made her roll her eyes.

"Will you ever stop?"

"Never" I grinned. "Not before you're happy again"

"I am happy" she groaned.

"You know what I mean. You hate unresolved things"

Sammy had already left us to talk to some of her volleyball team friends a few rows up.

"I've decided I'm gonna talk to him afterwards" Cat said which made my mouth drop.

"Really?"

"Yes" she sighed. "I mean I'm already here so why not?"

"Yaaay!" I couldn't help but cheer a bit. "That's amazing, Cat!"

"Williams!"

Jungkook was leaning against the wall, separating the playing field from the bleachers, waving. "What do you say? How are we doing?" he called.

"You're killing it!" I shouted back and Cat joined me in hyping him up.

"Great job, Jungkook!"

I noticed how the girls in the first row quickly joined our praising of Jungkook. He was winking at them, enjoying the spotlight.

His jersey was tightly hugging his torso and there were pearls of sweat dancing on his forehead. The soccer player look really suited him. He looked hot as hell.

I was suddenly reminded of why I had thought so low of him when I didn't really know him yet.

He could come across as shallow with all the flirting and compliment fishing but I knew better now.

Confidence, a natural charm and also talent, that's what it truly was that made him draw in so many people. He was just a natural flirt. Not arrogant or self obsessed.

When he smiled his bunny smile at us and cutely waved again my whole face lit up with a smile. I really looked forward to hanging out with him after the game. I just now realized that I had missed him.

"Let's win this thing then!" he shouted and Cat and I cheered for him, watching him run back to the other players.

"He's looking at you" Cat whispered, nudging me and as soon as I glanced over at the other players, my eyes locked with Taehyung's.

He winked at me, before turning back to the other players.

I watched him jog up to the middle of the field once the break was over. Blue suited him well. Well, every color did.

He was fixing his bandana, pushing back his silver, sweat drenched hair, his arm muscles prominent.

I didn't know what to think or feel. My eyes traveled back to the blonde girl but her seat was empty.

I was left with that same tingly feeling from earlier in my stomach and a bitter taste in my mouth.

____________________
A/N: hii everyone! Today's note is longer than usual but please, take the time to read it!

Hope you enjoyed today's chapter! The next one will be quite a bit of work so please be patient with me! I know I said I would do shorter more frequent updates, haha, this and the next chapter are an exception, sorry!

Hope everyone's staying inside and being as safe as possible!

A big disadvantage of not taking notes for this story is that I keep forgetting small details like Hanna's and James' eye colors, what month I said it was, the fact that I first said Jimin lives with Yoongi and later said he lives alone.

I'm really sorry for all these small mess-ups, of course they're not all that relevant to the plot or anything but it still bothers me when I mess up. So! Please always feel free to let me know stuff like this so I can fix it at some point haha!

To clear up a few things: Jimin lives alone, Hanna's eyes are brown, Cat's and Sammy's full names are Catrina and Samara (not Samantha whoopsie) and it's late February in the story right now haha!

Of course you can imagine Hanna as whoever you want or even yourself, I just personally prefer to tell you about the main character's physical appearanc as well, as opposed to just calling her Y/N and leaving everything blank.

With that said, I imagine Hanna to have brown short hair, brown eyes, she's about a good head shorter than Taehyung and not a size zero. That's all I'll say. Like I said though, think of her as whoever you want!

When I edit this story I will fix all these small mistakes!! So watch out for little green check marks to see whether I've already edited the chapter or not!

Okay, that's it for today everyone! I don't know about you but I'm hella excited for the next chapter, I actually already started writing it haha!

See you soon, thank you for reading and commenting and as always,

All the love,
Umi xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 19.9K 73
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.2M 47.6K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
305K 28.5K 66
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC