Emerald Rain

By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... More

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

The Crest of Flames:

608 14 4
By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Byleth:

Byleth made her way to the archbishops meeting room, she brought the weird sword with her since Catherine told her she ought to take it to Lady Rhea before anything else happens. The walk to the meeting room felt like an eternity for Byleth, she was worried how the archbishop would react given what had happened but most importantly she was worried about this sword that she had found it didn't feel like any other types of sword that she had used before. She felt a great deal of power from it.

"Strange isn't it?" Sothis said "But yet this power feels somehow familiar" she added and Byleth agreed with her. 

Byleth was finally outside of the meeting room, she thought that if she had a heart it would probably be racing right now "Really a joke? And now of all times?" Sothis sighed "Hurry up! I want to know what is going to happen" Sothis demanded, and so Byleth complied and walked in the door. 

"Ah- Sweet child" Lady Rhea's voice sang, "I have been told of yours and your classes valiant deeds in apprehending those vile thieves that broke into the Holy Mausoleum" Rhea praised "I am most proud" she added "Is it true that you were able to awaken the sword of the creator?" she asked.

"I think so?" Byleth said "The sword of the creator" Byleth said while lifting the sword up "So that is what this is called" she added.

Rhea let out a small gasp as it began activating with Byleths hold on it "So it's true" Rhea said with giddiness. "Child, I entrust the sword to you" Rhea added.

"Lady Rhea!" Seteth shouted, he had been watching how this meeting would go from the sidelines initially but once he heard Rhea's intentions he decided to try to put a stop to it "We cannot give the Sword of the Creator to a student that we've just met!" Seteth reasoned "Rhea you're not thinking it through" he added.

"Enough, Seteth" Rhea shouted, Byleth flinched a little at hearing the archbishop speak in such a tone. "I have already decided to give the sword to Byleth" Rhea stated.

"Alright" Seteth said, he then turned to Byleth "You better prove to be of worth to yield the sword of the creator" He said with a huff, Byleth nodded. 

"So it is settled then" Rhea said softly to Byleth "I entrust the care of the Sword of the Creator to you" she added with a smile "You are dismissed" Rhea said "but before you leave know that Professor Hanneman requires your presence" Byleth nodded and then left from the room.

Byleth stood outside of the room for a moment just looking at the Sword of the Creator, "I really don't get that Rhea'' Sothis said "It's obviously precious to the church so why exactly would she give it to you?" Sothis added. I agree Byleth thought It certainly is strange. Byleth sighed and began to make her way to Professor Hanneman's office. 

"Byleth!" she turned and saw Dimitri heading her way, "How did it go in there?" He asked "Ah- I see they let you keep the sword" he added "Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the Sword of the Creator?" Dimitri asked.

"Yes it is" Byleth responded "Dimitri I'm sorry but can this wait I have to see Professor Hanneman right now" Byleth said.

"Oh- yes of course, my apologies I let my excitement get ahead of myself" Dimitri said with hurt in his voice.

"No need to apologize Dimitri" Byleth sighed "Would you like to walk with me? we could discuss it on the way there" Byleth said.

Dimitri's face turned a light shade of pink "Yes- Of course" Dimitri said with a smile. The two of them began on their way to Professor Hanneman's office which was much closer than Byleth remembered, she had gotten through maybe half of what had happened in the meeting with Rhea when they reached his office. 

Byleth knocked on the office door hoping that he wouldn't be there but Professor Hanneman quickly opened the door "Byleth! and Dimitri?" Hanneman said "Come on in'' he said while pushing them through the door. "So Byleth this is about your crest, I believe I've figured out which one it is''.

Hanneman beamed and Dimitri cut in "Should I go? Is this to personal?" He turned to Byleth and asked.

"It's alright, you can stay'' Byleth said and Dimitri nodded. 

Hanneman continued on "The reason why I couldn't figure it out sooner is because your crest is simply to big" he said while guiding her hand over the crest identifier "You Byleth carry the Crest of Flames" he stated proudly "This crest was thought to have died with Nemesis the King of Liberation, but it has been still with us" Hanneman said "This is why you are able to wield the Sword of the Creator" he added. 

Hanneman continued on for a few minutes giving Byleth background on her crest, "Sorry to interrupt" a voice boomed, Byleth turned and saw her Dad "But I need these two right now professor Hanneman" Jeralt said sternly "Yes of course, my apologies I kept them longer than intended" Hanneman said. Jeralt led Byleth and Dimitri into his office and then closed the door.

 "Alright kiddo what happened?" Jeralt said with a sigh. Byleth sat down on one of the chairs at the desk and Dimitri followed her lead. Byleth proceeded to tell them what had happened beginning with what had happened at the Holy Mausoleum. Once Byleth finished telling what had happened Jeralt asked "And Rhea just let you have it?" his eyebrows furrowed "That doesn't make sense" Jeralt said "Why would she do that" he added.

"That is a little odd" Dimitri added in.

"I agree" Byleth said.

The three of them sat there talking about it for a while before Jeralt said "Ok you two time to go it's getting late and i'm ready for bed" then he rushed them out of the room. As they left the room Dimitri's attention was caught by Claude who he saw walking past them.

"Ah - sorry Byleth I have to go, I need to discuss something with Claude" Dimitri said as he took off.

Byleth left from her Father's office and was wandering around the monastery, it seemed to Byleth news of her wielding the Sword of the Creator got out, along with the information of her newly identified crest. She sighed as she walked past people who just stared at her, they were unsure what to make of the news. Irritated Byleth made her way to the dock, there she saw Edelgard.

Byleth made her way to her "Ah, it's you. Out late again, I see. What brings you here?" Edelgard said once she saw Byleth.

"I could ask you the same'' Byleth rebutted.

"I just wanted some fresh air there is a lovely breeze tonight" Edelgard said "I always wander outside when sleep evades me" she added.

"I'm exhausted" Byleth said "Ah I won't keep you then" Edelgard said "i should get some sleep too... but" she added with a sigh "Have you ever felt a sort of longing for the outdoors?" Edelgard asked and then she began to go into what she had last told Byleth about. "None of my siblings had a chance to lead the sort of life they deserved. An ordinary life" Edelgard sighed "I remember" Byleth said. Edelgard told Byleth how they were imprisoned underground and beneath the palace "The objective was to endow our bodies with the power of a major crest" Edelgard shuddered, she began to tell her how she had already had a minor crest of Seiros but most of her siblings had no crests whatsoever, "In order to create a peerless emperor to rule Fodlan, they violated our bodies by cutting open our very flesh." She said with a shaky voice "Now here I stand, the fruit of that endeavor: Edelgard Von Hresvelg!" she shouted "But that came at too high a price... The others were sacrificed" Edelgard whispered "And there you have the truth of the Hresvelg's Empire" She said with spite.

"Who is to blame?" Byleth asked.

Edelgard told her that it was the Empire's corrupt prime minister who was calling the shots, and that her Father was a mere puppet for them, and he couldn't save them. "I know how it all sounds. But when you see my true strength you will know I speak the truth" Edelgard said "I have kept it hidden all this time, but... I will reveal to you the power of my second crest." she said, Edelgard raised her hand and allowed her crest to manifest, Byleth looked in shock, it was a crest identical to hers "It is the same as yours... the Crest of Flames" Edelgard said, she then went on a tangent that she will rid the world of meaningless sacrifice "As emperor I will change the world, I swear it" she added. The two of them sat in silence for a moment.

 Edelgard looked worried she was watching Byleth wondering how she would respond "I hope that you can do it" Byleth said quietly.

Edelgard looked surprised "I didn't think that you would understand" Edelgard said with an awkward laugh "But i'm glad you do... It brings me a great deal of comfort, Thank you Byleth" Edelgard said. Before either of them could say anything else two people came running up to them.

"Hey you two" Byleth and Edelgard looked to see that Claude had called out to them, he was accompanied by Dimitri. "Follow us quick, come on no time for questions'' Claude said as he continued running to his destination.

Dimitri just shrugged and followed, and Byleth and Edelgard took off right after them. Claude led them to a desolate part of the monastery, he pushed away shrubs and revealed a tunnel. 

"Claude... are you certain that suspicious individual you spotted went through... there?" Dimitri asked "I will say, that does look a bit like a passageway, doesn't it?" Dimitri added.

"Unless I dreamt it up while sleepwalking, there is no mistaking what I saw" Claude said with irritation.

"I never thought I'd say this but... I believe Claude's story" Edelgard added and Byleth nodded in agreement. Edelgard went on to tell them how she had heard tales of countless passages that snake beneath the monastery, "This is undoubtedly one of them" she added.

"Perhaps so" Dimitri mumbled "In any case there is no telling where it leads" he added.

"Oh no. Oh you're right! There is no telling what we could find, Terrible danger. Wicked creatures. Unspeakable smells!" Claude sarcastically said, "The risk is too high, Your Highnesses! I must insist that you wait here where it is safe... and smells nice." Claude mocked "Meanwhile Byleth and I will track down the bandit shaped person" He said while staring at Dimitri "If we don't return do me a favor and call for the knights, will ya?" Claude added.

"That is quite enough," Edelgard said irritated, "With so little information it is too dangerous, we will come along as well. Right, Dimitri?" Edelgard said.

"Yes of course" Dimitri said "If it was a thief we must not allow them to get away with their crime, especially considering what happened at the Goddesses Rite of Rebirth, Vigilance is paramount'' Dimitri added.

"Right well tag along if you insist" Claude said with a wink "Just don't come crying to me if we meet a terrible fate, deal?" Claude added.

"Likewise. Well no use dawdling. Let's be on our way. Unless there is someone we should call for?" Edelgard asked.

"We should bring more allies, just to be safe" Byleth suggested.

"Yes, a fine idea" Dimitri said "Though at this time I fear that few of our classmates are still awake" Dimitri added, As Dimitri said that Hilda approached them with Ashe and Linhardt 

"Whoa there! What's all this, Byleth? You and the three house leaders creeping around at night? Pretty shady, if you ask me." Hilda said.

"It certainly is a rare and unexpected sighting... especially considering the hour" Ashe added.

"Looks like a whole lot of something is about to happen. I'm going back to bed." Linhardt stated before attempting to walk off. 

"Stop right there, Linhardt. Your bad luck is our good fortune- you're coming with us." Edelgard said.

"And Hilda'' Claude said "You can stop thinking of ways to get out of this, we could use your help too" he added.

Dimitri jumped in and said "You as well Ashe" he turned to him "I'll explain everything on the way" Dimitri added.

"Happy to help" Ashe said "We don't have anything better to do at this hour, so we may as well pitch in" Ashe added. 

"You have our gratitude now then, let us be on our way. Ready, Byleth? Dimitri asked, turning to her and Byleth nodded. 

"The more the merrier, I suppose. Let's just hope we're not marching to our doom..." Claude said. And with that the seven of them entered into the passage to attempt to catch the thief that Claude had seen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 440 26
Presea is a mythical being known as a Pterolykos, a winged wolf. She has been the best friend of Claude von Riegan since they met when they were smal...
20.7K 687 56
"We could have been great together, Teach." Even though Byleth had chosen to teach the Black Eagles, the Golden Deer house leader Claude von Riegan w...
39.8K 1.6K 110
Imperial year 1159 a nun of Garreg Mach monastery dies mysteriously during child birth leaving behind her beloved daughter Byleth. In a turn of event...
957 15 35
A Fire Emblem Three Houses high school vampire AU. Byleth is used to her father's job causing them to move suddenly, and has to start her senior year...