Frat House // harry styles

By plainlystyles

[DISCONTINUED] (for now) After giving up on finding a place to stay after being accepted into WSU, Ariana res... More

warnings
✧ chapter one ✧
✧ chapter two ✧
✧ chapter three ✧
✧ chapter four ✧
✧ chapter five ✧
✧ chapter six ✧
✧ chapter seven ✧
✧ chapter eight ✧
✧ chapter nine ✧
✧ chapter ten ✧
✧ chapter eleven ✧
✧ chapter twelve ✧
✧ chapter thirteen ✧
✧ chapter fourteen ✧
✧ chapter fifteen ✧
✧ chapter sixteen ✧
✧ chapter seventeen ✧
✧ chapter eighteen ✧
✧ chapter nineteen ✧
✧ chapter twenty ✧
✧ chapter twenty-one ✧
✧ chapter twenty-two ✧
✧ chapter twenty-three ✧
✧ chapter twenty-four ✧
✧ chapter twenty-six ✧
✧ chapter twenty-seven ✧
✧ chapter twenty-eight ✧
✧ chapter twenty-nine ✧
✧ chapter thirty ✧
✧ chapter thirty-one ✧
✧ chapter thirty-two ✧
✧ chapter thirty-three ✧
thirty four

✧ chapter twenty-five ✧

8.1K 165 72
By plainlystyles

Mini Controversy

"Mr Cunning's is being such an asshole in Chemistry. Like no sir, I don't understand you explanation of equilibriums. I can't help that you're outdated! Just retire already." Cori groans and rubs her face with her hands dramatically.

"He's not that bad, I have him for my elective and he's great..." Leela chuckles at her dramatic statement and action.

"Well that's because he likes you! And you aren't studying to e a radiologist- you chose it on your own accord as an elective!" Cori groans and rolls her eyes at her. I laugh at their childish interaction. I've learnt with those two that if you just ignore them they tend to get bored and stop what they're doing. Or in this case- what they're arguing about.

"I'm only liked by him because I actually listen to his explanations and instructions rather than yelling at him every 5 seconds because you didn't like his use of analogy!" Leela gives her a completely readable look, threaded with a hint of annoyance.

"I would hardly call it yelling..." Cori states sassily.

I zone out for the rest of the walk to our table which we hang out at for our break. I noticed Amelia and Nova had already taken a place sitting at our table, they both only had a lecture instead of a tutorial and practical like the rest of us, Amelia was imbedded into a book that we were studying for English. As the commotion radiating from the two girls drew closer to her, Amelia's eyes were peeled from its pages and looked up at the scene with a look. She frowned at me confused, in which I responded with a simple shrug as we all sat down at the table.

After about 5 minutes of chatting about our classes, I noticed Luna making her way towards our table.

"Hi Ari!... Girls." She smiled at me and only glanced around the table at the other girls. "Can I talk to you? Alone." I leant back and folded my arms, looking around the table at the girls as if asking for permission whilst pressing my lips together in confusion.

"Whats the harm in talking to her in front of the rest of us? We aren't about secrecy here." Nova folds her arms, leaning back also.

Luna scoffs quietly. I never had a reason to question her demeanour, however I can't tell if Luna's reaction was due to her 'bitchiness' or just merely the fact that Nova attacked her out of nowhere.

"Neither am I. Although I don't believe my conversation with Ariana is any of your concern or involves you in any shape or form." Luna tuts, folding her arms also. Things are feeling heated with all these folded arms, everyone just trying to restrain from punching each other.

"Guys it's fine." I give Nova a pleading look before standing up. "I'll be back in a moment okay?" I reassure them before following Luna to her table.

I felt like a dog following her. It felt so wrong, however I pushed those feelings away. I was stupid to think such ill things with no proper negative feelings towards Luna as of yet.

I made my toward the table in which the brunette I recognised as Luna's friend from a few days prior had already had a seat at the table. "Sit!" Luna smiles. I quickly turn around to look at the girls as they stare confusingly. I take no time turning back around and sitting down slowly at the table.

"Hi I'm Brooke!" The brunette grins widely. I return a small smile and draw my attention back to Luna, who appeared to be impatiently waiting for my attention.

"So... what's it like in the Frat?" Luna begins. I hum slightly to myself and search for a response. "Uh, a lot? Lots of testosterone, you would know from the parties?"

Luna chuckles freely, "oh you're too funny, but a party isn't the same really..." She trails. "What do you know about the boys?"

Is this what Nova and the girls were talking about? The information seeking? Surely not... "I don't think I know what you mean?" I state confusingly.

"Like..." She drags, looking around with a smile, "like who's interested in who. Who's looking around for a girl."

"Oh I have no idea. I don't really associate myself with any of them." I tell her with a frown. "Aren't you like still super into Zayn?" I call her out.

Brooke immediately widened her eyes and looked down at her hands as if she was worried about something. Whoops.

Luna merely laughed it off. "Oh a girls gotta move on. What about like Jacob? Or Harry." She smirks. I widen my eyes and press my lips together.

"I don't really talk to them both, but I don't think Harry is interested in that kinda thing..." I try and divert the attention off Harry. A pang of something in me made my chest ache slightly at the mention of him. I couldn't figure out what it was however.

"Oh I can tell if or when Harry starts growing interest... past experience." She winks. I suck in a sharp breath. Of course something happened between them. She beautiful, blonde, seemingly persuasive... who am I kidding. The question is how did I not see this coming.

"You two had history?" I confirm in which she nods in return. I let out another slow breath and roll my eyes inconspicuously. I open my mouth to speak before I sense a towering presence behind me.

I turn around and look up at Harry. I let out a sigh and slump my body. I slowly stand up and turn to the two girls, muttering a sorry and waving as Harry guided me back towards my table.

"I instructed you to stay close to people you consider friends. Liam and his gang were watching you and one of them had started making their way toward that table." He whisper scolded me.

"I thought I told you I wasn't a baby." I snapped back, folding my arms.

"You better watch that mouth or I'll put it somewhere that I'll enjoy very much." He said. I widen my eyes, okay dang...

"Fine."

Harry and I approached the table and the girls where intently watching my arrival.

"It appears Ariana and her mother have returned. How was your trip to the dark side?" Nova chuckled, folding her arms and leaning back in her seat. Harry stared at her with a monotone expression before turning and walking away.

"Bye mom!" Nova waved before turning back to face the rest of us. "He's really not one for emotion isn't he?"

"You don't say?" I lean my elbows on the table and rub my temples with my fingers.

"What was that all about?" Leela speaks up, questioning the whole scenario.

"Oh she just wanted to know if any of the guys were interested in getting into a fling I think." I shrug, watching Harry go take a seat with Zayn and some of the other boys.

"I knew it!" Nova raised her arms in joy. "Didn't I say that she wanted something from you!" She said as Cori nodded along with her.

"I mean she hasn't exactly proved that that's the only reason she is 'being nice'. She might have just changed?" I shrug.

Amelia scoffs. "Sorry, roaches don't go through metamorphosis."

"You never know." I shrug, zoning out of the conversation. As the attention had drawn away from me, the conversations were generic. It wasn't long before Nova and I were heading towards our art class.

"Hey guys!" Miss Soblay spread her greetings. "I know you're going to hate me but we have our first assignment."

A chorus of groans filled the classroom as Miss Soblay tutted. "Hey no! This'll be a fun assignment! No essays or analysis." She pauses and begins handing the assignment out.

"Basically, I want you to explore a different form of art. Expressionism. Judging from your title pages a lot of you enjoy realism and artwork based on real objects and individuals. Rather now, explore feelings, shapes and line-work. Use how you feel as a driving force for a hidden meaning under your work. If you need inspiration, Edvard Munch who painted 'The Scream'- which you all should know... is a perfect starting point for your exploration of your personal art-making practice." She smiles. The class sat dumbfounded, but however proceeded to begin their study.

The assignment called for the expressive form of paint or drawing. If I was going to do an emotional piece I would much rather use paint, as it is more manoeuvrable and easy to adjust to the complex understanding of emotion. I'd have to convince Chris to come with me to get paint.

I allowed myself to brainstorm and study expressionism for the rest of the class. I messaged Chris to come with me to get paint after my shift at work, because I started my first shift in the afternoon. I was super excited but super nervous.

As long as Harry isn't there I won't be as worried on shift... but knowing my luck he of all people would be the only person who I'll have to deal with at the coffee shop.

Sorry I didn't know how to end this! I wanted to get something out bc it has been a week and I didn't want to let you guys wait during this stupid quarantine!!

Thanks for the constant support!!!

Love you all :)

Tash xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 516 48
An au where nineteen year old Harry Styles is a college going student. He's silent,likes to be neat and clean always, but isn't as innocent as he loo...
353K 10.1K 40
It was just supposed to be a game, nothing serious. Just an innocent little prank. But it turned out to be rather hard, harder than what Sam thought...
1.3K 33 33
When Harry Styles was accepted into a post-grad degree, he knew he could no longer afford his flat, leaving him with three options: 1) Move back into...
49.2K 1.7K 9
At first Louis didn't mean to intrude but now he enjoys coming into Harry's lectures. Especially when half the class is in love with his hot husband...