Work This Out

By ASE715

BOOK 2 OF 3 SHIELD is compromised, an evil murder bot named Pinocchio, and a Civil War! How will the Avengers... More

Chapter 1 ~ New Years
Chapter 2 ~ Goodbye for now
Chapter 3 ~ On your left
Chapter 4 ~ This isn't freedom, this is fear
Chapter 5 ~ Surprises
Chapter 6 ~ 1:03 a.m.
Chapter 7 ~ Monster
Chapter 8 ~ Ghost Story
Chapter 9 ~ On the run
Chapter 10 ~ Algorism?
Chapter 11 ~ The Winter Soldier
Chapter 12 ~ Bucky?
Chapter 13 ~ I am damaged
Chapter 14 ~ Remember your promise to me
Chapter 15 ~ When do we start?
Chapter 16 ~ Father, daughter time
Chapter 17 ~ Big Fun
Chapter 18 ~ Birthday
Chapter 19 ~ I found it
Chapter 20 ~ Language!
Chapter 21 ~ Not worthy
Chapter 22 ~ Pinocchio
Chapter 23 ~ Speed Racer
Chapter 24 ~ Safe house
Chapter 25 ~ Whiny murder bot
Chapter 27 ~ Saving the world again
Chapter 28 ~ Dead girl walking
Chapter 29 ~ Showtime a-holes
Chapter 30 ~ Avengers A-
Chapter 31 ~ Rage
Chapter 32 ~ Star Spangled Man With A Plan
Chapter 33 ~ Did he just say, 'Hi I'm Scott'?
Chapter 34 ~ Candy Store
Chapter 35 ~ Beautiful
Chapter 36 ~ Seventeen
Chapter 37 ~ Go back to sleep and starve
Chapter 38 ~ Can we not fight anymore?
Chapter 39 ~ Work this out
Chapter 40 ~ I couldn't honestly give two fucks right now
Chapter 41 ~ Can't touch this
Chapter 42 ~ Criminals
Chapter 43 ~ Not the only Winter Soldier
Chapter 44 ~ We know a guy
Chapter 45 ~ Main Attraction
Chapter 46 ~ You did it, Nick Carraway
Chapter 47 ~ Did you know?
Chapter 48 ~ I'll be there
Chapter 49 ~ Detention
Chapter 50 ~ Graduation
Third Book is up!

Chapter 26 ~ Unspoken thing

1.1K 27 76
By ASE715

Pietro grabs Wanda which leaves me grabbing Dad and we run to Dr. Cho's lab where we get a jet.

"You know how to fly one of these things?" Dad asks me as I make my way to the pilot seat. He took his helmet off, placing it somewhere on the jet.

"Who said I did?" I question him.

"You two can't just run us back?" Dad asks, looking between me and Pietro.

"You're too heavy. I barely got you here." I say as I press some buttons.

"We're gonna die," Pietro says as I get the jet in the air.

"Relax Speed Racer. I've seen Barton do this plenty of times. I also play a lot of video games." I say as I get the jet moving.

"Flying one of these is different than flying one in a video game," Dad says. I just shrug.

The three of them shriek when I get too close to a building, but I move the jet just in time. I laugh like a maniac.

"(Y/n) land the jet now before you kill all of us," Dad says.

"You got a better option on how to get home?" I smirk at him. "This is fun!"

"Almost killing us isn't fun," Wanda says.

I smirk again and continue flying the jet, eventually getting the hang of it. Dad, Pietro, and Wanda seem to relax a bit once we're away from Korea and on our way to the tower.

"We're a few hours from New York. We'll get there by nightfall. Hopefully Stark didn't do anything stupid yet." I call out from the front. "You guys should get some sleep."

I hear shuffling in the back so I'm guessing they're getting blankets and settling down. About an hour later I get hungry so I run to get some fruit from the back and come back, munching on an apple. I took some fruit from the cafeteria in Dr. Cho's lab knowing that I'll be hungry later and Pietro probably will be too. Once I'm done with the apple I put the core of it in a plastic bag which poses as a trashcan. I focus back on the sky and feel a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders and a head on my right shoulder. I look over to see who it is before focusing back on the sky.

"What's up pretty boy?" I smirk. "I thought you were asleep like the rest of them."

"I can't sleep." He says and buries his face in the crook of my neck, causing me to smile.

"If you're hungry I took some fruit from the lab. It's in the back." I tell him in case he came up here to ask for food.

"I'm not hungry either." He says in the crook of my neck. I can feel his hot breath breathing down my neck. "I came up here to talk to you." He lifts his head up to look at me.

"Oh really now?" I say, trying to hide my huge smile. "About what?"

"About this unspoken thing between us." He whispers in my ear.

"What unspoken thing?" I ask playfully.

He starts kissing my jaw and makes his way down my neck. "You know exactly what I'm talking about." He says into my neck before planting another kiss. I accidentally moan in pleasure and curse myself in my head for that. Pietro on the other hand smiles at me adoringly and puts his lips close to my ear. "Tell me what you want." He whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"I want you..." I say breathlessly.

Pietro's eyes widen. "Oh sweet mother of God." He says, ready to pounce on me.

"...to get the fuck off of me." I finish with a playful smirk on my face. Pietro pouts and I laugh at his face. "At least take me on a date first before you try to get in my pants. Plus there's company in the back." I remind him as I point my thumb behind me to where Wanda and Dad are sleeping in the back.

Pietro goes back to kissing up and down my neck. "So?" He murmurs. "We'll just have to keep the noise down," I smirk.

"I think this is called distracted flying which is definitely against the law." I joke and he stops kissing my neck to laugh. "This is what? Our third date?" I continue to joke. "We can talk about this unspoken thing once this is all over and you take me on a real date." I turn my head to look at him and give him a smile.

"That I can do." He smiles and stares at me with those perfect ocean blue eyes of his.

We continue to look at each other in the comfortable silence until I clear my throat and look back to the sky. "You should rest," I say softly to him.

He shakes his head. "I'm staying up with you." He says and removes his hands from around my shoulders. I have to admit I do miss the warm feeling of his arms around me. Pietro goes to sit in the co-pilot seat.

I don't argue with him. I think it's sweet of him that he wants to stay up for my sake. We make small talk, talking about things we like and dislike, our favorite movies, hobbies, etc. Once we make it to the tower, it's nightfall like I predicted. I land the jet and Pietro and I go in the back to wake the other two up. The four of us make our way to the lab where we see Banner and Stark working on the cradle. Roy is just watching them confusedly.

"I'm gonna say this once," Dad says as we step into the lab.

"How about nonce?" Tony retorts.

"Shut it down!"

Pietro snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him. I look up at him and smile then look back at the situation in front of us.

"Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you two do? She's not in your heads?" Bruce says looking between me and Dad.

"Isn't he the one that gave you that concussion?" Roy asks as he looks at me and Pietro.

"Are you two a thing now?" Tony asks as he sees Pietro's arms around my waist.

Dad is too caught up in stopping those two that he doesn't see the position we're in.

"That thing you're creating is Ultron 2.0 and we cannot have a repeat of that," I say to them.

Wanda steps forward and tries to reason. "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce threatens.

"Banner after everything that's happened..." Dad starts.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony yells.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda yells back.

Pietro and I share a look, already tired of this conversation.

"This isn't a game..." Dad starts again.

"The creature..." Wanda starts but stops as Pietro and I speed around the lab destroying their lab equipment and unplugging the cradle.

"No, no. Go on." I say.

"You were saying?" Pietro adds. We look at each other and smile before looking back at Stark.

There's a gunshot. Time slows down around me and I see Pietro did the same. We both look at each other then at the bullet confusedly. That's when the glass floor we are standing on breaks and we fall down to the floor below.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint smirks at Pietro as he steps on his leg to keep him pinned down.

I groan. "Thanks, Barton."

"You were in the way, it was my only chance," Clint says as he looks at me.

"To get back at him for that mission?" I ask with a laugh.

"Yeah." He answers me before turning to Pietro. "Now I want to know what the hell you're doing in our house?" Clint asks him.

"If anyone should get back at him it's me. He gave me a concussion." I state as I get up.

"I got shot by that bunker because of him," Clint argues.

"I gave you a concussion?" Pietro turns to look at me.

"No shit Sherlock. What did you expect to happen when you tripped me and I flew into that wall?" I ask him then I turned to Clint. "Clint, he's on our side."

"How do I know that his sister isn't in your head?" Clint asks defensively.

"Trust me you would know. I've done the whole mind control thing before and it's not happening again." I say with a shudder as memories of Loki taking over my mind go through my head.

We hear stuff crashing over our heads. Clint holds the gun at Pietro and I step in front of him.

"Clint. Don't." I warn him.

He looks at me then back at Pietro. He sighs and puts the gun down and I smile at him.

"Thank you. Now let's go before they all kill each other." I tell him. Clint nods and heads upstairs with his gun. I look back at Pietro. "You gonna just keep sitting there or you coming?" I ask him as he stares up at me. I hold out my hand to help him up.

He takes it and I help him to his feet. "You are one amazing woman (Y/n) Rogers," Pietro says to me and brings the back of my hand up to his lips to give it a kiss.

I look down trying to hide my blush. "I know. Now let's go."

He nods and we both take off to the floor above us. The noise died down and everyone is staring at a red man with a gem in the middle of his forehead, standing on top of the cradle. I look and see that Thor is here now, he must've come back during the fight these guys were having.

We all stand, ready to attack as the thing, or guy, or whatever you want to call it, looks around. He looks straight at Thor and lunges for him, but Thor throws him through a window and into the lounge area. The man stops right before he flies out of the building. Dad goes over to where Thor is to try and help, but Thor holds out a hand telling him to stop. The man stares at his own reflection and clothes begin to appear on him. Thor sets his hammer on the table as the red man floats back towards us.

"I'm sorry, that was...odd." He turns to Thor. "Thank you." A golden cap extends on the man's clothes. The man had a very familiar voice.

"Thor. You helped create this?" Dad asks as everyone looks at Thor.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." Thor says, pointing to the gem on the man's head.

"What, the gem?" Bruce asks.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor says.

"Then why would you bring it to..." Dad starts.

"Because Stark is right." Thor cuts him off.

I laugh lightly. "We're all gonna die."

"Oh, it's definitely the end times," Bruce says.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor continues.

"Not alone." The red man says.

"Why does your 'vision' sound like JARVIS?" Dad asks. My eyes widen as I realize he's right.

"So we're just calling him Vision now?" I ask but get no answer.

"We...we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new," Tony says as he steps towards Vision.

"I think I've had my fill of new," Dad says.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" Vision asks us.

"You're not?" Dad questions him.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS either. I am..." He trails off.

"Vision," I mutter. I think it's a pretty cool name, especially since he's made from a vision.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation," Wanda says.

"Look again." Vision tells her.

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint says.

"Back off Barton," I tell him. Wanda looks at me, smiling softly. I nod at her.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor says but is cut off.

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Dad looks at Vision.

"I think it's a he by the way it looked when it came out the cradle," I mutter.

"I don't think it's that simple." Vision says.

"Well it better get real simple real soon," Clint says.

"What's up with the snappy attitude?" I ask Clint, looking at him.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." Vision answers.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asks.

"You." Vision answers, looking at Tony.

"Where?" Bruce asks.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint answers.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce starts as he steps up to Vision.

"What will you do?" Vision asks, looking at all of us, knowing we would destroy him if he turned out to be another murder bot. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He grabs Thor's hammer and lifts it with ease and holds it out towards Thor. We all stare in shock.

Thor takes his hammer and Vision walks off. "Alright," Thor says, trying to play it off. "Well done." He says to Tony and pats his shoulder before following Vision.

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Dad says to all of us.

Roy comes up to me. "What's up with you and him?" Roy asks, looking back at Pietro.

"Hi to you too Roy," I say to him.

"I'm serious. The other day you guys were fighting each other and now you're all buddy buddy and touchy." He says.

"Well for starters when he did give me that concussion he said he was sorry and second why does it matter to you?"

"Because I-" He's cut off.

"Hey do you have any running shoes?" Pietro comes up to us, cutting Roy off. I look at him then back at Roy. "Oh I'm sorry. Did I interrupt something?" He asks.

"No, no, it's fine," I say shaking my head. "Uh I'll see what I can find."

He smiles at me and then takes off to get ready. I look back at Roy.

"What were you about to say?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "Nothing." He says with a hint of sadness in his voice. He walks away and I watch, confusedly.

I take off to find Pietro a pair of running shoes in his size. Once I do I go to the room he's changing in.

"Yo Speed Racer, I found you a pair of..." I trail off as I walk into the room to see Pietro without a shirt on. He has a nice built body and some nice abs too. I'm a sucker for abs.

He caught me staring and smirks. "Like what you see?" He asks me.

I open my mouth to say something but then close it. "I-uh... um. Shoes?" I say holding out the running shoes to him.

He steps towards me and I step back until my back hits the wall. Pietro pins me to it and looks at me with those beautiful eyes of his and smirks. He grabs my waist, bringing our bodies closer and he leans in as I do the same, running my hands down his abs.

"Get a room," Wanda says, ruining the moment. We pull away as I look at the floor to hide my blush. She smiles at us and throws a shirt at Pietro and he throws her a red jacket.

"I will uh... I-I'll meet you in the jet." I say and quickly exit the room. I find Tony talking to Dad and Bruce so I decide to join the conversation.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor." Tony says.

"I got no plans tomorrow night," Dad says.

"Or any night," I mutter.

"Hey!" Dad says, completely offended.

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for." Tony says.

"That's true, he hates you the most." Vision says as he walks by. I snicker. "You're a close second (Y/n)!" He yells back as he continues walking. He must've heard me snicker.

I shrug. "He should've never pissed me off then."

The four of us walk to the jet and wait for the others. Roy comes in with a black suit on, katanas on his back, and a belt around his waist that holds his guns.

"Roy what are you doing and since when did you have a suit?" I ask.

"I'm coming to help and Tony made it for me after Ultron attacked us at the party. He said I was Avenger material and made me a suit in case I ever needed one." Roy answers. I glare at Tony.

"What?" Tony shrugs.

"It's too dangerous," I say to Roy.

Before Roy could answer, Vision comes up behind him. "We're gonna need all the help we can get." Vision says, putting a hand on Roy's shoulder.

I look at Dad for help, but before he can say anything Thor, Clint, Pietro, and Wanda join us.

Dad sighs. "We don't have time to convince him to stay here. We need to go now." Roy smiles and nods. "Roy just be careful. I don't want to be the one to tell your parents if something happens to you."

Roy nods. "All those years of training in martial arts weren't for nothing Mr. Rogers."

The jet starts and we head off to Sokovia. Pietro comes over and sits next to me. He puts his arm around me and I smile as I snuggle into him and fall asleep.

—ASE715

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 1.8K 28
BOOK 1 OF 3 (Y/n) (L/n) is a not so normal fourteen year old girl with powers. She was kidnapped when she was five, experimented on, but she doesn't...
1.6K 17 39
Madeleine, with the help of her family, has pieced together parts of her past. Peace ends for the little family in Europe when one is blamed for som...
2.9K 27 52
Connie and Bucky are doing their best to live a peaceful life. For awhile everything is fine. Then it all comes crashing down when they are blamed fo...
1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...