A Warrior's Journey

By djwerewolf666

Kion is accused of a crime he didn't commit. However no one believes him and by the time the truth comes to t... More

Come With Me
Family Problems
The What Pride?
The Council's Decision
A Dream Into The Past
The Arrival of the Night Pride
Young Blood trial and After party
Warrior Recovery
Old Times and Upcoming Trouble
A Brother's death

chapter 6

3.5K 64 33
By djwerewolf666

Hey guys so, I am so sorry for not updating. I'm not going to go into too much detail but let's just say that I've been through some personal stuff. Now I'm not making any promises on any monthly updates or anything but I'll try and get this story finished.

Kion's pov

'Sleep in for the morning'. Heh yeah no. Every time I closed my eyes I could see Muuaji's eyes. They were so full of anger and strength. I sighed and got up stretching as I did.

I then started to walk the borders. I know that the king of these lands do that but my mate and cubs are here, so for their safety I can take an hour or two out of my time.

As I walked I kept getting flashbacks to when I patrolled with the Guard. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming up from behind me. I walked around a tree and crouched down hiding until their the footsteps got close.

I jumped out and tackled the figure. I looked down and was shocked to see my sister.

"Why are you following me?" I questioned after jumping off her. She stood back up and stood tall.

"I'm the future queen of the Pridelands. I should be asking you what you are doing out here" she said. I gave her a chuckle and began walking again.

"Don't mean I gotta answer" I said. She jumped in front of me again now with a mad expression.

"As princess of the Pridelands, I demand to know what you're doing out here" she said in a now official voice. I smiled and bowed to her.

"But of course, your majesty. I was doing my own patrol around your lands to insure the safety of my pride and my family. If I had crossed any boundaries, please accept my apology and if so me and my pride will leave your lands at once" I said. I knew she wouldn't kick us out. And I made a promise so I couldn't just leave anyway.

"What? No Kion, don't go" she said in a apologetic voice. I laughed and walked around continuing patrol. She padded up next to me and smiled.

"What?" I said annoyed. Her smile only grew wider.

"Well the laws of the Pridelands state that I cannot stop another king from patrolling if he wants to. But he can only patrol if he is accompanied by a member of the royal family. Me" she said. I shook my head and continued walking.

"If you can't keep up, you'll be left behind" I said. The next few minutes were silent until she spoke up again.

"So um, how'd you get that scar?" She asked.

"Something sharp" I said looking into the Outlands. She scoffed as I smiled. I knew that I should be nicer to her, but we're siblings after all.

"How's the Guard?" I asked looking at her. She looked at me shocked for a few seconds before she cleared her throat.

"Uh, they're good. Ono and Anga help out Zazu every now and then. Beshte controls his dad's float now. Bunga still hanging out with Timon and Pumba. And Fuli keeps to herself most of the time" she listed off before looking at me.

"You know they were all really sad when you left" she said. I let out a chuckle.

"Yeah? Good" I said. I heard her gasp and looked over at her. "What? A lifetime of friendship and they don't even believe me when I say I'm innocent" I said.

"Kion. We found you on the scene, there was no other scent we-" I stopped walking and stared at her.

"There was hyena scent, you guys just had to look harder. Plus let's be honest, the second born, if he is male, is always exiled from the pride. Whether it's on their own or by the king. Simba just needed an excuse to kick me out" I said. She tried to stare back with a hard glare, but I could see the fear in her eyes.

"Kion, that's not true. Dad would've kept you around, you were leader of the Lion Guard" she said. I gave a sad chuckle.

"Oh yeah? The first time this tradition was broken was with Scar and Mufasa. Why would dad keep the next second born around? I heard what the animals said about me before I became leader of the Lion Guard. 'The second Scar' " I said breathing heavily. I then turned to the Outlands.

"I'm going for a walk, away from the Pridelands" I said walking through the water and into the Outlands. 

Third person view 

Simba and Nala watched as DJ, Giza, Timo and Roco lazed around. They hadn't seen Kion leave, and Kiara had said that he went for a walk away from the Pridelands. Yet none of them or any of his pride seemed to be worried or concerned about him.

"How can you sit there while Kion is out in the Outlands?" Simba asked. The four males looked at him with angered faces. 

"You think he got to the top of this pride by being soft and weak? Before I knew him, he crossed a large desert and killed a pack of leopards on his own" DJ said stepping forwards. Giza pulled him back knowing what his friend could do to the king, despite the age difference. 

"Even so why aren't you out there looking for him?" Simba asked. DJ shrugged.

"I trust my Warlord. Maybe if you had a few years ago, he wouldn't be my Warlord" the dirty blonde lion answered smiling. Simba growled.

"That's it" he said before roaring and approaching the male. DJ smiled before lightly pushing Giza out of the way.

"Bring it, I wanted a chance to fight you ever since Kion told me about his past" the lion growled as the prides circled the two. The Pridelanders were scared for their king as they knew that this lion had a Blood Lust. However, the Warriors cheered their lion on.

Just as the two were about to square off, another growl echoed throughout the area. Kion then jumped up on a rock and stared down at the two lions. He then jumped down as both lions and lionesses made room for him.

He approached both of them but his gaze was focused on DJ. He got closer but the lion wouldn't make eye contact with his leader.

Kion growled showing his fangs to his friend. DJ finally broke down and lowered his head to the ground. Kion smiled and turned to go back to Vitani.

"That's what I thought" he growled as DJ picked himself up and quickly ran back to Shabaha.

Meanwhile Simba was shocked. His son just stared down a lion, who seemed hellbent on killing him just a few seconds ago.

However he then heard what Kion was talking about.

"I saw hyenas, you know which ones" Kion said to Vitani, who was shocked.

"We left them a hundred miles away. How the hell did they follow us all the way here?" Vitani asked. Kion just shrugged before he seen Simba was coming over.

"What's that?" he asked. Kion shrugged.

"Nothing, it's my pride's problem" he said.

"But we can help scare the hyenas away" Simba said. Kion chuckled darkly before stepping forwards.

"We don't scare them away" Kion simply said before he turned back to his pride.

"Giza, Roco, DJ. Let's go" he said as the three males got up and started following their leader.

"Give them one for me, little brother" Timo said as his brother laughed.

"I ain't gonna let you down, my lion" his brother said as the four walked towards the Outlands.

Nala and Simba sighed and looked at each other while Vitani just watched her mate go.

Meanwhile Kiara, Tiifu and Zuri all looked at each other before they slunk off without anyone seeing them.

As the small army of four walked through the deserted lands their noses never stopped. The hyenas were here to cause trouble. Trouble that they didn't need right now.

"There" Kion said crouching down behind a few rocks. The other looked to where he was looking and seen a large cave.

"Let's go show these hyenas what happens when they mess with the Warriors" Kion said smiling. Everyone else had evil grins on their faces.

"Giza and DJ, you two wait out here. When they come out slaughter them. Roco, me and you go inside and flush them out" Kion said as the two walked towards the cave.

They got to the mouth of the cave and immediately ran inside roaring and catching a few hyenas off guard.

The cave only had the one entrance, so some hyenas tried to run outside. But once they did they were met with claws and teeth. Kion smiled as he turned to the lead hyena. Her name was Maha, granddaughter of Shenzi.

"Maha, why'd you follow us. You know I don't like hyenas following me around like little puppies" Kion said as the two circled. No words were said by his opponent but she did lunge at him teeth barley missing his leg.

He jumped back and raised his paw claws extended. He then brought it down with a loud snap once it made contact. He growled as the body before him lost the life in it's eyes.

He then turned and walked out of the cave kicking sand on the body as he did.

He came outside and seen that there were three hyenas, who were all huddled in a pile scared out of their minds. Giza then turned to his leader.

"They surrendered. Wasn't sure what we should do" he said. Kion just walked past them without glancing at them.

"There were no survivors" he said. The three lions smiled as they all jumped onto the hyenas and bit anything that was grey.

Meanwhile behind the same rocks the four males were just behind were Kiara and her friends. They were all in a state of shock and disgust. They hyenas were barley adults and they had surrendered.

Suddenly Kiara felt a presence behind her. She turned and seen her brother looking at them with a bored look.

"You need to learn more stealth and sneaking lessons. You did everything but wave at us while you were following us" Kion said chuckling. Kiara noticed that his mouth was stained with blood.

"Kion, why did you do that, they had surrendered" Kiara said. Kion stepped forwards and came close to his sister.

"Out there, if you show mercy. You either end up dead or wishing you were. Warriors, let's go!" He shouted as the other three came walking by all in the same state Kion was in. Blood on their jaws and fur and flesh caught in their teeth and claws.

Kiara, Tiifu and Zuri all followed behind them while DJ led the way. He looked back at Kion and made a gesture for him to come up.

"What's up?" Kion asked getting to his friend.

"Look Kion, these lions they're smart and that's a good thing to have. But where we gotta go now, it ain't about being smart. It's about killing shit with no mercy. Adult or young" DJ said. Kion nodded.

"I know-" he said. But DJ cut him off.

"No, no. I don't trust any of them. When it comes to killing a whole pride of lions I don't. I don't think any of them have the guts to do what has to be done-" "I hear you!" Kion interrupted. He knew he was right.

"I hear you" Kion said making sure that no one else heard them talking. "Which is why I'm calling in for reinforcements he added. DJ chuckled.

"The Night Pride? Ooh Vitani ain't gonna like that" DJ said as Kion sighed in fear.

"... I know" he said as the group made their way back to the Pridelands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 7.3K 130
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
5.1M 45.2K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
157K 7.7K 16
ABHIMANYU RATHORE is 28 years old. He belongs to Royal family. He is the oldest son in Rathore family. He is the CEO of Rathore Enterprise. He is the...