Family Problems

Third person view

Simba paced around the den of Priderock. He still couldn't believe his own son had attacked Timon and Pumba. But then again it wouldn't be the first time that a second born had done something bad.

Nala hadn't said a word since the incident and instead just kept to herself on the ledge the royal family uses. She didn't believe that her son had done this after she had seen him crying. But she knew better then to say something when Simba was like this.

Timon and Pumba were in the back covered with leaves and sap with Rafiki still working on them. Suddenly Zazu flew through the entrance like he was on fire.

"Sire, Zira and her pride are marching towards our borders!" he yelled. Simba sighed. Great, an attack now is the last thing he needs.

"Zazu rally the lionesses, I'll get the Lion Guard!" Simba yelled before exiting Priderock to find the former Lion Guard. Nala soon following Zazu to help rally the lionesses.

Timeskip

Simba growled as Zira and her lionesses stood on the other side of the river. Though she seemed to have less lions than he thought.

"Okay Simba, where is she?" Zira asked. Simba looked at his enemy confused.

"Where's who, Zira?" he asked. Zira's response was a roar and a lunge towards him but was still seperated by the river.

"Don't play dumb Simba. Where is my daughter?" she yelled. Simba, not backing down took a step towards her.

"Why would I take one of Scar's little brats?" he asked.

"I have enough problems right now as it is" he added in a low tone but Zira heard it

"Well she disappeared last night, as did her group of friends and some of my best fighters. You're the only one who has a motive" Zira said.

"Your majesty?" Anga and Ono said at the same time making their king turn to them.

"If you want we can look around the Outlands to see if we can find her" Ono said.

"That would be nice, thank you both" Simba said smiling before looking back at Zira with a snarl.

"The sooner we find your daughter is, the sooner you can leave my borders" he snarled as the two birds flew into the air.

"You take the west and the south of Zira's lair and I'll take the north and east" Anga said once they were over the termite mounds as Ono nodded.

"Affirmative" he said as they flew in their directed areas. After ten minutes of searching, Anga seen something far out to the north.

She flew in the same spot and her eyes did their thing. About ten miles away from Zira's termite, there was a group of lionesses sleeping peacefully around two carcasses that were once zebras.

But that's not what made Anga almost stop flying. Nor was it that Vitani was with them. She quickly turned and began flying back towards the Pridelands.

Back on the borders, the two prides were starting to get antsy. Some of them on both sides were getting ready to attack. Ono landed in front of Simba and with a quick bow, gave what he seen.

"Nothing to the south or the west your majesty" he said as Anga came flying in like her feathers were on fire.

"Your majesty I seen them. All of them" she said quickly.

"Finally. Where are they?" Zira asked from across the river. Anga pointed to the north.

"About ten miles north from Zira's termite mound. They're sleeping next to a few zebra carcasses" she said.

"What? My pride would never take down or eat a kill without my say so" Zira snarled.

"Um well that's the other thing your majesty. Um... Kion is with them. He was watching over them while they were sleeping and Vitani was sleeping next to him. I think he's leading them and he and Vitani are together, sir" she said as Simba's pride gasped in shock. Zira on the other hand was more angry than shocked.

"What? Never. Vitani and her friends are loyal soldiers to our cause. She never has the time to spend anytime with a pridelander anyway" Zira said. However a lioness stepped up to her from the back.

"Uh Actually Zira, Vitani has been going out during the nights a few times a week for a few months now" she said only to shrink back when Zira rounded on her.

"And when was I going to be notified about this?" she asked showing her teeth off as the lioness backed up.

"Uh well she said that you approved of it and-" she was cut off by Zira backpawing her. She yelped and retreated into the rest of her pride.

"Well congrats Simba. It seems your little brat has corrupted my daughter" she said turning back to her enemy.

"My-? your daughter is the one who has corrupted my son. He attacked my best friends" Simba yelled back.

"Really? Hmm. If he had come to me instead of Vitani, I would've given him a spot in my pride. No matter Vitani is a loyal soldier and I have faith that she will return soon, most likely with the head of your son" Zira said walking away along with her pride.

"Why would Kion side with those Outlanders?" Simba said to himself as they walked back to Priderock.

"Sounds like he didn't side with them to me. Sounds like he found a girl he likes and when he was falsely accused, they ran away together along with others who didn't like this war" Nala said before walking ahead of her king.

Simba sighed and shook his head at her. He actually caught his son seconds after the incident had happened, Timon was scared of him and there was no other scent around. But even with all that evidence, Nala still didn't believe that he was innocent.

A few months later

It had been three months since the banishment of Prince Kion. In those months the queen hardly spoke to anyone and when she did, she only talked with her mother or Sarabi.

They were the only other two who still believed that Kion was innocent. Timon and Pumba still have yet to wake up but their wounds were slowly becoming better.

The Lion Guard still helps out around the Pridelands now and than. But without their leader some of their missions have ended worse than they should've.

Simba was inside the den with Kiara giving her one of her many, many royal lessons. When suddenly Timon shifted startling Rafiki and Simba.

"Timon?" he said in shock forgetting about the lesson. Timon shifted again this time sitting up.

"Oh man my head. Pumba my friend you were right about those expired beetles" he said before looking over his body.

"Oh right not the beetles" he said running his hand over the leaf bandages. Simba came forwards and nuzzled his friend lightly.

"Yes I'm so sorry Timon. If I knew what Kion was going to do, I would've done something sooner" he said to a confused meerkat.

"Uh what? Kion did something?" Timon asked confusing the king. At that exact moment the hunting party returned and entered the cave.

"He attacked you, you backed away from him in fear" Simba said. Timon thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"No hyenas attacked me and Pumba. Kion saved us from them. And I backed away because I couldn't remember him or anything else for a few seconds. I probably would've done the same if I had seen you" he said

"B-but that means that...Kion..." he couldn't even finish his sentence. Nala however could.

"He's innocent! I knew it!" she yelled running outside the den her mother quickly following.

Simba however just stared at Timon in shock. Timon not sure what was happening so he just stayed quiet.

"Mom watch over them I need to go find Ono and Anga. They need to find Kion" he yelled running outside the cave and into the Pridelands to find the two birds.