The What Pride?

So the events of the lion king 2 play out the same way. The only difference is that Vitani is obviously missing.

Simba's p.o.v.

Three years. Three damn years since I exiled my son. My innocent son. Everyday I wake up and keep expecting to see him sleeping there next to beside us or over by Kiara and Kovu.

But every time he isn't. I always wonder how the last two years would've turned out had he... no had I believed him.

So many things had happened in three years. The war with the Outsiders had ended, Kiara and Kovu became mates and Zira no longer was a threat. Thinking about mates, I began thinking Kion once more.

'I wonder if Kion has found a mate yet, or if he and Vitani are mates' I thought as Nala shifted next to me which drew my attention.

She's stuck with me. But whenever she talks to me, her voice was empty. Emotionless. Although I can't really blame her as if the roles were reversed.

"Sire?" I heard a voice say from the entrance. I groaned and rolled over to see my royal Majordomo Zazu standing there at the entrance.

"The four kings are requesting a meeting, immediately" he said. I groaned again.

"Okay, I can see then tomorrow" I said trying to close my eyes.

"Sire... They're at your borders sire. Waiting for your permission to enter" he said. The four kings was Mvua, the king of the mountain pride. King Upepo of the coastal pride.

Mrefu, the leader of the tropical pride. And finally there's Nguvu, the leader of the desert pride.

Not even during my father's reign had all four kings gotten together. So seeing how this had to be important, I got up and nodded to Zazu who flew back outside.

Timeskip

"Thank you for seeing us your majesty. I assure you, that this is no small matter" Nguvu said as they sat around me Kovu, Nala and Kiara in our den. What was really weird was that they brought their prides. Normally all they were supposed to bring was their queen, their cubs and maybe one or two guards.

Yeah if one of them asked to visit during the dry season and we had more herds than them, I'd say they could bring their pride. But we were just coming up on the rainy season.

"What is it?" I asked. He looked over at Mvua who sighed and looked back up.

"The Pride Killers are back" he said. It didn't click in my head for a few seconds until it finally did.

The Pride Killers was a pride of ruthless, killing machines. They see themselves as higher beings than us other lions and when they want a new territory, they'd find a pride and massacre them. Leaving little to no survivors.

And they didn't stop at lions they also killed humans. When they did they didn't kill the lions in that area. They'd leave them for the humans to do in their revenge. But the only problem was...

"Is this some kind of sick joke!?" Nala asked angrily. "The Pride Killers were wiped out during king Mohatu's reign."

"I assure you queen Nala. This is no joke. They're back" Mrefu said. During king Mohatu's reign, my great, great grandfather. He gathered the kings of his time and they trained their prides to fight.

The battles that followed nearly wiped all of the prides out. But they killed them.

"Do you have proof. A survivor or a captured one?" I asked. Mrefu, Nguvu, Mvua eyes shot to Upepo who looked down.