Royal Pain: The Origin (Book...

By romolavinia91

This is the continuation of Royal Pain. The second book to my series of Mark of the Royals. Deva is alive bu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 12

22.1K 917 71
By romolavinia91

Deva ripped her door open with too much force. She couldn't help the headache that was crawling its way to her temples. It felt like she was sitting in that room all day absorbing information with the council. It was required and put in her best interest to get acquainted with more queenly duties.

Deva knew that this time would have come, where she would be forced to learn the ins and outs of the kingdom but everything was being thrown at her all at once. She wasn't sure how much more she could take.

Of course Adamarius being there too was an upside and a rather wonderful distraction. Queen Emma's intentions were to get Adamarius familiar with the way their world worked. She figured Adamarius and Deva could use the time to get acquainted with each other since they both needed to learn the ways of their kingdom.

Little did she know that Deva was already getting very fond with her son. In fact Deva found it refreshing having Adamarius around catering to her needs. He listened to her and helped her in ways she figured a king would. Every decision he gave her was diplomatic and righteous.

He was slowly and most assuredly sneaking a way into her heart.

Deva's horrid mood just got worse at the sight of someone standing uninvited in her room.

"Get out of my room Red. Now is not the time to bitch about anything. My patience is out the window."

Red made no approach to leave which made Deva contemplate the many different ways she could get rid of the red puddle standing smugly in front of her.

"I'm here to give you a warning."

Deva raised her brow with wonder. Did Red really want to go there with a hybrid lycan/vampire?

"Stay away from Darius. He's mine."

Deva shook her head with frustration while mumbling, "You've got to be kidding me."

"I saw the way you were looking at him. It was pathetic really. Just stay away. He never wanted you anyway." Red's green eyes matched the envy radiating off her skin.

Deva had to laugh at her weak accusation. "Are you blind? I don't care about Darius or what skank he's with at the moment."

Red narrowed her eyes. "Sure you don't. Anyways I have nothing to worry about. You were nothing to him."

Deva couldn't wait to get Red out of her room and not just because she was choking on her cheap perfume but there was something about this conversation that Deva couldn't let go.

"I was nothing to him?" Deva repeated.

"Yes you heard me. All you were was a free card to the throne. He wanted to be king and he was willing to do anything to get it. Even put up with you." Red's voice was filled jealous hate.

"I'm sure that's all I was." Deva spoke with sarcasm dripping with each word.

Deva had no energy to argue. If Red was right, which she highly doubted, then it didn't matter anyway. They were never going to be together and Darius was never going to be king. The conversation was meaningless.

"Get out of my room." Deva threatened.

 When Red saw that Deva didn't care she tried rubbing it in her face. "You're pathetic. He lied to you to get to the throne. That's what he does isn't it? He is a vampire after all."

Deva stood emotionless as she listened to Red's voice.

"He never wanted you."

Deva couldn't believe that. How many times did Darius confess his love to her?

Red continued. "After all he did come to me instead of you." She said looking down to her stomach where Darius' baby was growing. "If he really loved you why did he come to me?"

"Get out Red before I give you a repeat of that last time's event." She was referring to the punch she gave Red a while back.

Red's squeaky laugh filled her ears. "You have nothing he would want anyway. I'm all he needs."

"You don't think that Darius would go for me now?" Deva asked.

"Not now that I'm back. He loves me Deva. He loves our baby and he also loves my body."

Deva could tell there was something wrong with the way she said it.

"But remember Red like you said Darius is a vampire. They're all phenomenal liars."

Deva watched as Red scowled before stomping her way out of the room.

Deva exhaled and chanted words in her head to stop her from running after the slut and punching her in the face. Her temper was a little out of control but as least she didn't harm the baby.

Did Darius really use her to get to the throne? It would make sense in some way but was it really true? Deva tried to convince herself otherwise. Darius wouldn't play with her emotions like that would he?

Deva soundly formulated a plan. Darius and Lucian were supposed to come back today from their so called mission. There was a few ways to approach this but of course Deva took the most challenging one.

Deva hit the punching bag with mustered force causing more sweat to run down her toned tanned body. Even though she was half vampire she still had the capability to sweat thanks to her lycan roots. Strangely enough she was happy about it; it made her feel somewhat still human.

Her black short shorts and dark grey sports bra clung tight to her body and were drenched in sweat. She hit the bag harder and almost sent it flying back towards the wall. She sometimes forgot about the new found strength she had.

After another ten minutes of hardcore stress relief she heard the door to the gym open. It still amazed her that she didn't even have to look behind her to know it was him. He was right on time.

"Having a bad day?" His interested low voice asked.

"You can say that." She found that punching the bag was a good way to get all the bent up stress from the long day with the council off her chest.

"You wanted to see me?" He sounded a bit confused.

"Yes."

 Her back to him she bent down to grab her water. She made sure she stretched her sore muscles around her toned legs as she bent down farther giving him a good view. There was a reason she was wearing booty shorts instead of her regular sweat pants.

She heard him softly cover up a groan and knew her plan was working.

Deva finally stood up releasing him from the torture and turned to face Darius. His eyes were dark and narrow as he took in her appearance. The way his eyes were eating away at her glistening skin put to rest her doubts Red gave her about Darius not wanting her, or at least her body.

"Yes. I want you to know that I'm going to go along with your plan about the warehouse."

His face instantly flashed. "You are?"

"Yes. It's a very good idea and I even brought it forth to the council. They love the idea just as much as I do."

His bright smile over took his face. "That's incredible news Deva."

"I thought you might be pleased." He stared into her eyes and she continued. "I want you to help lead the project."

"What? Are you sure?"

Deva nodded. "Yes. It was your idea. I want you to be a part of it."

He stared at her for a moment and ranked his fingers through his hair. "Deva...what about what you said the other day?"

Yes, she remembered exactly what she told him.

"Do this project; see it through and hopefully by that time your son will be born. Your family at least deserves to see what he looks like. After that I'll ask you to leave again."

He was hoping she had changed her mind but he didn't argue with her.

"Thank you."

The room went silent and they held each other's gazes. She hated the feeling she got when he stared at her with his big blue-greys eyes. The feeling was still there but really wasn't as strong as it used to be. She had Adamarius now. He was slowly filling in the cracks Darius had given her.

"If that was all you wanted I will leave you then." Darius slowly moved to turn.

"When someone tries to attack," she started to ask while stepping closer to him. Darius pivoted around to her question. "Do you hit them full on or test their footing?"

While Deva was asking him she jabbed her fist forward towards his chest. Darius catch her movement just in time for him to block it.

"I, personally, would test them first."

He gripped her wrist but she already twisted her body and positioned herself in front him so she could punch his abdomen with her elbow. He grunted from the force she used. Deva wasn't holding back. She knew he was a strong vampire and could handle the beating.

"Then perhaps you should tell your girlfriend to stop the attacks before I start testing her footing." She hissed.

His muscular arms tensed at the mention of Red and they wrapped around Deva's small frame. His hold was tight but Deva knew with her hybrid blood Darius was no challenge to her strength. She pushed his arms away from her and Darius was a little surprised with how much force she was using.

"It's not like I keep her on a leash." He responded and took his comment as somewhat an insult since she was now a lycan.

"Well maybe you should," she then brought up her fist and successfully punched him in the jaw. She didn't wait for him to recover before she threw her other fist up.

He quickly anticipated her attack and caught her hand and twisted her arm behind her back before she could do anymore.

"Tell me Darius is she always a ball of sunshine when she is with you because I suspect behind all that caked makeup she's still a bitch."

Deva's heaving chest was right up against Darius'. He could feel and hear her staggering heartbeats and it was intoxicating having her so close.

"She's not all bad Deva. There's some good in everyone."

She laughed. "Then hers must be hidden deep, deep down somewhere." She inched closer letting her flesh stomach crease into his torso so she could feel his abs.

"Does that mean you believe there's some good in Marius?" She asked and noticed Darius' hand squeeze tighter around her wrist which was still behind her back.

He didn't reply but his eyes did get a shade darker.

"Do you love her?" Deva felt a pit in her stomach after asking the question but she had to know.

Instead of saying it Darius nodded his head slowly. Deva didn't let the piercing hurt show on her face. She kicked his legs, knocking them both over.

Darius released his hold on her wrist once they dropped. Deva was on top of him straddling his torso and she knew if anyone walked in they were sure to get the wrong idea.

His shocked expression did not stop her from leaning in and brushing her lips ever so lightly on the skin closest to his neck. His still form told her he was doing all he could to control himself while she took seize of the moment.

She knew he could easily push her off but was satisfied when he didn't even try to. Her mocking lips grazed a trail up to his jaw and down to his ear. She knew just were the tender spot was where it drove him crazy. Deva felt him shiver from the gentle touch her lips gave him.

"Just remember Darius no one can make you feel the way you feel right now." She whispered, "No one but me."

She quickly stood up and moved away from his body with as much confidence as she could. Just as she was about to open the door she was pulled back and then forcefully pushed against the wall. The impact would have hurt if she was still human. Deva felt half of her face being cupped by a large hand and a warm sensation flow down her body.

Darius pressed his full rock hard body against her and she quickly opened her eyes to his leaning form. His barely stubble cheek was grazing her own while his hot citrus breath brushed her ear. Heat was building inside her; this was definitely not part of her plan.

"And sweetheart I want you to remember that whatever rebound you get to replace me will never love you or care for you as much as I do."

Darius softly placed a lingering kiss on her cheek.

"Was it real?" She painfully asked. "Or was I just your ticket to the throne?"

She would be able to see through his lies.

Darius locked their eyes. He looked dumbfounded that she'd even have to ask, then furious for even thinking it.

"Who put these doubts in your head?"

Deva shook her head. "It doesn't matter."

Her attempt to get out of his grip was blocked by his determination to clear her lack of faith in him.

"I loved you." His thumb brushed her lips and he wished they weren't forbidden. "Everything about you. This kingdom would have meant nothing without you."

He paused, exhaling the fearful regrets telling him not to speak what was in his heart.

 "And if you would have chosen me but wished to have run away from this, I wouldn't have hesitated. I will always love you."

Darius roughly opened the door and stalked out without another whispered caress.

Deva felt her heartbeats running a marathon in her chest. This was definitely not part of the plan, Deva thought.

She collected her thoughts and grabbed her sweater from the chair on the far corner. It was so large that it covered most of her revealing body which she was thankful for. She didn't want to go parading around the castle in almost nothing. As soon as she rounded the corner to her room she found Jeffrey searching frantically for her.

"My lady the King would like a word with you."

"Alright thank you Jeffrey."

Entering the study room she found the King in his usual spot behind his desk. He didn't even glance up when he heard her approach. She sat down with no friendly greeting and waited for him to tell her what he wanted.

"There has been much talk around the castle lately."

Deva raised her brow. "You didn't call me over here to gossip now did you?"

He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest. "No. I asked you here to talk about you and Adamarius."

"What about us?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I have witnesses who have seen you frolicking about like infatuated teenagers."

That was a lie. They never publically showed any affection towards each other.

"You had me followed." She narrowed her eyes accusingly.

His jaw was wired shut but of course he didn't have any words now.

"So I see you don't approve."

"As future queen to our throne it is your duty to choose one of MY sons." He exaggerated with authority.

"I understand what you are saying but I will not choose a man that does not want me."

He stood then showing his Kingly aura. "You know very well all three of my sons love you and would give their lives to save you or be with you."

"Fine," she said annoyed. "I will not be with a man that I do not choose to be with. You cannot force me into something I do not want to be a part of."

He brought his fist down hard on his desk making a crack sound come from it. "You will dishonor your people in this way."

"Is it because Adamarius is a lycan that you do not like him?"

The King went silent and Deva stood to leave. "I will not engage into anything without fully understanding the consequences." With that she left the room not giving him time to respond.

Deva knew with no doubt that the King hated Adamarius because he was a lycan and a part of her knew his opinion of her changed once she became lycan as well. There was nothing she could do to please everyone. It just wasn't possible and at the moment the only person she wanted to please was herself.

So she didn't care if the King didn't like her or the man she chose to be with. She never signed up for this. It was thrown in her face without warning. She was so deep in the kingdom and vampire stuff that there was no going back.

She made it to the end of the hall but stopped once she heard Darius' voice coming from one of the rooms. Deva quietly tip toed, careful not to be noticed. She never planned on eavesdropping but once she heard her name being mentioned she had to stop and move closer to the door.

She could see Darius standing tall and tensed as he narrowed in on Red. Red was cowering back in her seat while Darius ranted.

"Deva is the future queen to the throne," he shouted too loudly. Deva had never seen him get so worked up before. "You have no business upsetting her or even talking to her for that matter."

"I was just warning her," Red said pushing up her nose.

Darius' jaw clinched as he calmly crossed his arms over his broad tensed chest.

"Warning her about what?"

Red sat quietly placing her hands in her lap. After a moment she raised her lashes to Darius and said, "I was warning her to stay away from you."

Darius shook his head in disbelief. "She is the future queen she can do whatever the damn hell she feels like doing."

Red jumped out of her chair in outrage. "She can't have you. You're m-"

Darius quickly wrapped his hand around her small fragile neck and softly squeezed. Red's words were stuck in her throat as Darius used pressure to enforce his statement. His deep menacing stare stopped her from any attempt to speak. She tried clawing his hand away but he couldn't budge not even when her face began to flush from the lack of oxygen.

"She IS the Queen. So if she decides to snap your tiny little neck for even batting your eyes wrong, I'm not even sure if I could stop her. Or if I'd want to." The last part came out low and muffled but Deva definitely heard it.

"Darius," Red tried saying while placing her hand over the bulge of her stomach. "Please. The baby."

Darius jerked his hand away from her throat and Red fell back into the chair, gasping for air. Darius tried shielding his anger but failed miserably.

"That baby is the only thing keeping you alive," he said harshly through his teeth.

Red frowned and for a split second, a very small split second, Deva felt sorry for her. Darius had also lied to her. He didn't love Red like he claimed.

________________________________

VOTE!!!! And checkout my newest story "Divine Purpose" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 307 43
*COMPLETE* Against all the odds, Lady Maren survived her year at Court. She even managed to keep her powers hidden. Much to her surprise, she found...
100 7 35
A sequel to the Prince and the rogue. It follows the main couples from the first book kid's story. She is something that shouldn't have been born. He...
261 42 17
Aleia meets her mate. He rejects her and as rare as it can be she finds her second chance mate the same day. She gets kidnapped by someone she knows...
9.5M 120K 32
Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the new edited version please check out "Roy...