An Introvert's Guide To Findi...

By _shorthairloudmouth_

Pari, holds secrets that makes her who she is, a person scared of love but will she overcome her past when sh... More

one | introduction |
two | mumbai |
three | first encounter |
four | scallops and pizza |
six | hues |
seven | utopia |
eight | denim shorts |
nine | beach day |
ten | revelation |
eleven | new friends? |
twelve | regrets |
thirteen | reverie |
fourteen | haldi ceremony |
fifteen | wedding festivities |
sixteen | feelings |
seventeen | more feelings |
eighteen | wedding |
nineteen | plans |
twenty | shimla |
twenty one | heartbreak |
twenty two | movie marathon |
twenty three | old friend |
twenty four | jealousy |
twenty five | to the bar |
twenty six | pain |
twenty seven | the night |
twenty eight | decisions |
twenty nine | here we part |
thirty | past-life |
thirty one | chasing dreams |
thirty two | stood up |
thirty three | accomplice |
thirty four | primrose park |
thirty five | rain |
thirty six | london |
thirty seven | the end |

five | dinner |

425 15 12
By _shorthairloudmouth_

After having met Siddharth downstairs all Pari could think about the entire day was his weird food choices and about him. He was someone you can call a coconut. Why coconut? Well, he really had a hard exterior, for instance their meet in the elevator where he had coldly ignored Pari and then he also has a soft interior like asking her out to dinner at his place just because Pari was new there. Well, even though none of those gossiping aunties did that which she wasn't complaining about because she was in fact glad that she had been saved from more of their gossips.

It was already late evening when Pari was done with some unpacking that she had to do, well her apartment was still a mess and it would definitely take some time for her to clean up. Not wanting to get late on her first invite, Pari decided to swiftly get ready. She put on the clothes that she had bought for that night, it was a sky blue coloured top which proudly displayed the pride colours in a little heart, pride was a hype in India at the point of time because wherever she went show saw everything in pride colours, flags, socks, and even jumpsuits. The aisle from where Pari had gotten ger top was displaying pride colours in their full glory too, well, it was obvious considering it had only been a month since India had scraped it Article 377 which illegalised gay rights, now giving them all the rights that any other citizens had. She paired her top with a high-rise front slit denim skirt and some sexy nude heels. She also kept my makeup minimal as she hated putting on too much makeup, but definitely had to look better today than she normally did. Making sure that she had concealed the eyebags under her eyes Pari took one last look into the mirror, straightened out her dress before grabbing the orchid plant that she had gotten as a thank you present.

Pari headed over to her neighbour's apartment, ringing the bell and then heading back towards her own apartment door to lock it, not wanting to waste time standing at his door waiting, which can be really long bearing in mind her past two experiences. No sooner had she locked the door than she heard Siddharth open the door. Pari could feel his eyes on her back, so she instantly smiled at him when she turned around to look at him.

"Hey, how are you tonight?" Pari asked Siddharth playing with her door key, making her way towards his apartment. Pari could feel him watching all her moves while she strode over and as soon as she was near to him, his lips curled up into a smile.

"I am good. How about you?" Siddharth asked Pari motioning for her to get inside which she cordially followed.

"I am fine, thank you." Pari said as he closed the door behind her.

Siddharth then walked past Pari, leaning on the kitchen island balancing himself against the concrete, eyed the plant in her hand, perplexed why would she have carried it with herself. It was after following the direction of his eyes that Pari had noticed that she had forgotten to hand the plant over to him so she quickly did that.

"Here, this is for you, for inviting me to dinner tonight." Pari said giving him the orchid plant which he immediately took and she could see his dark caramel eyes light up.

"I would have said that there is no need for this but I won't, because I love orchids." Siddharth said chuckling as he took the plant and kept it to its designated place in his house.

"Why don't you take a seat while I prepare dinner?" He said motioning to the sofa that sat in his living space.

Taking a seat on his couch Pari decided to asked him the most obvious question that came to my mind and then mentally facepalming myself for even asking it in the first place "You are going to cook?"

"Yeah, why not?" He shot back certainly hoping to amuse himself with whatever answer Pari would come up with.

"No, I just didn't expect this." Pari said and instantly saw his eyebrows rise up probably going to say something but before he could she decided to cut him off. "Can I help you in anyway?"

"Nah, I am all done. Just some last-minute things." Siddharth shouted from inside his kitchen having retreated to make sure his dish was coming together all right. "Why don't you just sit and make yourself comfortable." Pari heard him say and then saw him peeking from inside the kitchen to make sure she was making herself comfortable.

Pari adjusted on his sofa, making herself comfortable, she began taking into her surroundings. His apartment was big, just like hers if not a little bigger, it was well furnished and well decorated. But it was coloured all white which was not to Pari's liking as she a girl of colours, Pari loved bright and beautiful colours everywhere. There were also some painting adorning his mundane walls but surprisingly there were no photographs, no photos of friends or family, neither on the walls nor anywhere else. As she was done looking around me, she saw a cute little doggo running towards her from one of the rooms sniffing away at her legs and then her arms. Pari personally loved dogs and had three back at home. The boxer immediately hopped on the sofa and no sooner was he up than she tried to pet him to which he surrendered immediately asking for more and more belly rubs.

"So, you have already met the little monster." Siddharth said walking out of the kitchen with two cans of soda in his hand. He handed Pari one and with his now free hand proceeded to rub his dog's belly, who was still lying on Pari's lap

"Yes, he is a cutie." Pari said beaming with happiness for having found a friend here. Dogs and Pari had always connected easily.

"Oscar, right?" Pari asked reading the name tag carefully while he fell asleep on her lap.

"Yeah." Siddharth said as he walked closer to Pari. Pari felt her breath hitched not knowing what was happening but soon his arms wrapped around the sleeping body of Oscar. "let's' help you self him down."

They then carefully picked him up and slowly placed him on the sofa so as to not awaken him and made their way to the kitchen, as Pari kept insisting that she wanted to go and see what Siddharth was cooking, which he could not deny because she was his guest after all. The kitchen was well furnished as well but painted in the same greyish colour. Siddharth had gone back to chopping some vegetables when Pari again asked him if she could help but despite Siddharth's constant denial she was not one to listen.

"I am almost done." Siddharth said motioning to the remaining of the vegetable, cutting away meticulously.

"But I am great at chopping vegetables." Pari protested, pouting her lips and making an adorable puppy face which she knew he would not be able to resist.

"Okay, here you go" Siddharth said handing her the knife and making way for her, surprising Pari that her pleas had actually worked.

Pari chopped the vegetables up just as precisely as he had been doing and handed them over in a matter of few minutes, now wanting to help him with something else

"Why don't you go and set the table?" Siddharth said handing Pari the plates.

Pari was laying down the plates and bowls that Siddharth had given her, trying to be as neat as possible when she heard Siddharth call out from the kitchen." Hey Pari?"

"Yeah?" She replied instantly wondering what he was going to say to her.

"You look beautiful tonight." Siddharth complimented and Pari could imagine him smiling meekly as he said that. Her heart was filled with joy at being complimented by him, heat rose to her cheeks and she was glad Siddharth was not here to see them. It took Pari some minutes to realise that she hadn't replied to Siddharth after the compliment which must have made her look very weird.

"Thank you." Pari called out immediately hoping that he wouldn't notice that she had taken some time to reply back.

Siddharth entered the room with two bowls in his arms, setting them down, he was going for another round and Pari volunteered to help as well, they collected everything from the kitchen and while placing them on the table their hands brushed and again Pari could feel heat rising to her cheeks which made her heart flutter.

Damn, stop making me blush

"You've cooked all this?" Pari asked Siddharth as they sat down facing one another.

"You doubt?" He counter questioned her smirking.

"So, what do we have her?" Pari asked changing the topic eager to know what kind of scallops and pizza they were having.

"A three-course meal!" Siddharth exclaimed seemingly proud of his achievement. "Scallops in burnt butter and garlic sauce for entrée, my famous cheese pizza from scratch for the main course and some chocolate chip ice-cream for dessert" He said beaming with pride as he served Pari the food.

"That sounds lovely." Pari said starting to dig into her food, the foodie in her unable to wait.

They were done with dinner and Pari couldn't stop but constantly thank Siddharth for the meal and the efforts that he had put into it. The meal was delicious and he was definitely a good cook. Pari told him that she had been scared to try them when he had first told her about them but now, she was glad she did. Siddharth seemed pleased that she had like it. Pari offered to help him clean-up and do the dishes as a return, she took all the plates along with the left over to the kitchen as Siddharth cleaned up the tables. She was still doing the dishes when Siddharth came back into the kitchen, gazing at Pari. Pari could feel his eyes on even though she had her back to him.

"Let me do the rest of the dishes" Siddharth said leaning to the counter next to the faucet his eyes still on Pari, not wanting to make his guest do all the work.

"No, they are almost done" Pari said scrubbing away determined to do it herself.

The dishes were soon done but Siddharth stood there his eyes on Pari, making small talk as long as Pari worked mot wanting to leave her alone. He had then helped Pari to dry the plates and as soon as they were done, he had a new suggestion in him mind "Let's head to the balcony, the night is still young."

They stood outside on the balcony, ice creams in their hand talking about the city whilst watching the beautiful city unfolding in front of them, the scene was breath-taking and Pari couldn't be more glad sharing it with Siddharth out of all other possibilities. As they scooped the last of their ice-creams, the conversation suddenly shifted to their works and what Pari planned on doing. Pari informed Siddharth about how she was soon to start working as an Assistant Director only for Siddharth to reveal that he was an actor, that he had signed a new film project.

"Maybe someday we will be working together." Siddharth said considering that the possibility of them working together was somewhat present.

"Perhaps." Pari said feeling contended at how the night had turned out to be.

After a few more minutes and Siddharth updating Pari on the industry, that soon might soon join they realised that it was starting to get late and it was time for Pari to take her leave. Siddharth walked Pari to the door instructing her on how to avoid those aunties that she loathed.

"Knock whenever you need any help or you need anything." Siddharth said as Pari walked over to her apartment.

"Sure, thank you so much Siddharth. Goodnight." Pari wished him smiling meekly

"Goodnight, and call me Sid."

"Sure." Pari said beaming as she turned around, turning the key in the lock she could feel him standing at the doorway waiting for her to succeed. She headed inside and before closing the door, turned around and smiled at Siddharth who was still waiting, and with one last smile at each other they both closed our door.

.

The picture on the top is what Pari was wearing to dinner with Siddharth. Doesn't she look beautiful?

Anyway, I hope that you guys are liking the story also thank you to those who have been supporting me so much. Please do vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 3.2K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
112K 8.5K 104
Two Strangers were meet in most stranger way. Both are lonely in their life and just craving for love. He was rich business tycoon in all over world...
3.3K 935 34
To all the girls who think they are not pretty enough to get loved.. Ahanaa and Siddharth.. a ideal couple that shows love is not done by looks.. Giv...
7.1K 299 22
Deep down my heart knows he is the one He is the peace of my soul , he is the one I can ever ask for , it's so stupid of me to ignore the feelings o...