The Missing Girl

Oleh woizze

A girl named Alex Taylor was missing 13 years ago when she and her father were going out to the forest for ca... Lebih Banyak

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING
Prologue (Part I)
Prologue (Part II)
Chapter 1 The Boy
Chapter 2 Ex-boyfriend
Chapter 3 Two Different Emotions
Chapter 4 Worry
Chapter 5 Worry (Part II)
Chapter 6 I Want to Meet Her
Chapter 7 Ally
Chapter 8 Love and Hate
Chapter 9 Finally
Chapter 10 It Hurts
Chapter 11 I tried
Chapter 13 Indecisive
Chapter 14 Regret
Chapter 15 I Wanna Be Okay
Chapter 16 The Talk
Chapter 17 I Wish I Could Forget
Chapter 18 Don't Wanna Think
Chapter 19 It's All About Family

Chapter 12 Honest

124 18 3
Oleh woizze

Ally decided to go back home, visiting her dad who had been discharged from hospital for almost two weeks. She really felt the urge to ask her parents about her real status but she just could not bring it to them. Jessie and Lauren decided to come along with her.

They just arrived at Ally's parent's home. Lauren parked the car exactly in front of the house. Ally hopped out of the car, went straight to the house and knocked the door. Then wind in the evening was a little bit colder than the day before, winter was coming in a few weeks. Then wind blew her hair making it messy.

Ally heard some footsteps, Mrs. Sullivan opened the door and was a little bit shock and happy at the same time.

"Ally!" She hugged her daughter tightly, then kissed her forehead. She looked at Lauren and Jessie who were standing behind Ally and gave them a smile.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're coming? It's Thurday!" Mrs. Sullivan asked as she invited those girls to come into the house. There was excitement in her tone.

"I just wanna surprise you and dad. How's dad?" Ally asked with a smile on her face. She might be hurt as her parents did not tell the truth about her status, but that did not change or lessen her love towards her parents who had taken care of her since she was a child. Those girls took a sit on the blue couch in the living room.

"He's doing fine. How are you? How are you guys?" The first question was for Ally, but then Mrs. Sullivan remembered about her friends who also came to visit. She almost forgot about them.

"We're fine, Mrs. Sullivan." Lauren replied to the question.

"Yeah, we're fine. Uhm, can we stay for dinner?" Ally asked. Her palms rubbed against each other, feeling anxious.

"Of course honey." Mrs. Sullivan held Ally's hand, then kissed her forehead again.

"Mom, I wanna see dad."

"Sure, Honey." Mrs. Sullivan went ahead first to their room.

"Hey, you guys can wait in my room.I'm just gonna see my father for a bit." Ally then left them and followed her mom.

Jessie and Lauren just nodes and gave an 'okay' sign with their fingers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauren closed the door of Ally's bedroom as they entered it. She then jumped onto the bed and fix her prone position to lying properly in the bed.

"Hey, scoot over, I wanna lie down too." Jessie nudged Lauren who was already lying comfortably in the bed.

"Do you think she's gonna be okay?" Lauren ask while scooting her body.

"I hope so." Jessie already lied down when she answered the question.

They just lied there and did not speak for a few minutes. Jessie felt uncomfortable with the silence, so she was thinking of something to talk about.

"Hey, did you guys talk already? It's been three days, you know" Jessie was curious about her and Austin so she decided to ask.

"Who?" Lauren covered half of her body with a blanket that was already on the bed. She then placed a small pillow on her abdoment and hugged it.

"You and Austin, of course." Jessie then did the same thing.

"Nope, not yet." Lauren touched her temple, thinking maybe. "I don't want to have anything to do with him anymore. Is it wrong to do so?" She asked while her eyes were looking at the ceiling above her. There were some stars painted at the ceiling.

"No, of course it's not wrong." Jessie wanted to soothe Laren's uneasy feelings, so she said no.

Lauren went silent. She just keep looking at the ceiling. She did not even blink.

Seeing her being quiet, Jessie hold Lauren's arm that was hugging the pillow. "Hey, don't think too much about it. Maybe he wanted to talk about something else."

Lauren turned her head, looking at Jessie and smiled. "You really care about me, huh?"

Jessie turned her head to Lauren and smiled too. "I care about you and Ally. I love you guys." Jessie chuckled.

Both of them then looked at the ceiling again.

"Do you still love him?" Jessie asked.

"I don't know. I guess I still do but I'm so mad that he dumped me just because of a silly reason." Lauren frowned while answering Jessie's question.

"Have you ever thought that, maybe it wasn't silly to him?" Jessie asked again, curiously.

Lauren sighed. She was afraid to admit that, so she just raised her shoulder as a sign of 'I don't know'. She knew that it was not entirely Austin's fault. It was hers too. She was too comfortable to be in the relationship, knowing, or too confident that Austin would not let her go, and she was completely wrong.

It was blissful and beautiful for the first year of their relationship. They communicated a lot, did not fight a lot and even if they did, they decided to discuss, talk and solve it right away because Austin valued their relationship, well at least he once did though.

Alas, everyone's relationship has its ups and downs. Lauren became too comfortable with her relationship and she took it for granted. Lauren clasped her chest, it was painful. Tears rolled down her temple. She quickly wiped it, hoping that Jessie did not see it.

Jessie saw Lauren's tears. She stretched left her arm and put it under Lauren's head and wrap around her head. Her fingers were playing with Lauren's hair. Her right arm wrapped around Lauren's waist, hugging her. Lauren turned her body postion, facing her while still hugging the pillow.

"Hey, it's okay to cry. I won't judge you, and I'm not gonna say anything about it." She patted and rubbed Lauren's back, wanting to calm her uneasy feelings.

"Is it wrong if I still have feelings for him?" Lauren did not know why did she ask such question, maybe she just wanted an assurance as she was certained that Jessie would say no.

Lauren burried her face into the pillow and breathed in deeply and slowly, holding back tears as much as she could. It was upsetting. She was not even experiencing this feeling the day they broke up, but why did she has to feel this after a month of breaking up with him.

"No, it's not wrong. Hey, talk to him okay? There are  no perfect relationships. Well, sometimes you gotta experience this kinda thing for you to actually realized how valuable your relationship was. Learn from mistakes, you know what I mean? If you think that he really makes you happy, then talk to him. It's not wrong for you to get back with him. Have a slow talk, and don't let your emotion or ego get the best of you. Talk with your heart." Jessie convinced her that it's okay to start over.

"Plus, I don't mind if you date him. I mean, you never ditched me and Ally to go on a date with him when he asked you out because you had plans with us, and you always prioritize the ones whom you have made a promise with first. I like that about you." Jessie added. She was very
comfortable being Lauren's friend. She was not like most girls who just ditched their friends to go on a date with their boyfriends. She was a good friend.

"What am I gonna do without you and Ally." Lauren stopped crying, she removed the pillow from her face, wiped her tears and then smiled while looking at her best friend. "Thanks J, I'm so relieved now. I was overthinking for a while."

Someone suddenly entered the room. It was Ally. She was looking through her phone when she stepped into her room.

"Guys, dinner will be ready in 30 min-" Ally stopped talking when she looked at both of her friends hugging in her bed and saw Lauren's swollen eyes. She put her phone in her pocket, closed the door and locked it.

"Now, what did I miss? I feel left out." Ally was sitting cross-leg before both of them. Jessie and Lauren sat up and removed the blanket that was covering their lower body. Lauren sat with her hands hugging her knees. She took a deep breath before she began to talk.

She told Ally what she and Jessie were talking about. Ally paid her attention to her, and sometimes nodded her head. Never once did she interupt while Lauren was talking. After listening to all what Lauren had to say, Ally scooted herself closer to Lauren and gave her a hug.

"I will always support your decision, and will always be there for you." She assured Lauren.

"Damn! I love you guys!" Lauren hugged her back and chuckled.

"And damn! My favourite pillow is drenched with your tears!" Ally said jokingly.

Lauren grinned, she put her palm together and bring them closer to her chest. "Sorry." She showed her guitly face.

Author's note:

Hello guys! This chapter was a bit longer than the previous one I guess? How was it? What do you guys think? Do you think that Austin is never gonna leave Lauren again? Well, let see how it goes 🌚🌚

please leave a comment and tell me how i can improve my writings. and don't forget to vote too! have a nice day! xoxo

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

To Emilia Oleh EDENHEAVEN

Misteri / Thriller

274 0 10
Emilia, a 22-year-old Afro-American girl with long black hair, entered the orphanage in Chicago at the age of 12. There, she developed a close bond w...
107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
44.1K 4.6K 56
Amelia Allen feels stuck. To an outsider, her life must look beautiful. She has a steady job, a relationship, and several years of her twenties left...