IMPERFECTION (AN INTERCULTURA...

By Simplicity_writes

Imperfection is the story of Anuoluwapo.A young energetic Yoruba lady who is full of life, she's independent... More

Journey
Preparation
Mrs. azim
August visitor
I'll be your girlfriend
First visit
First weekend
Best Man Ever
Suprise ! yet surprised
Hidden Emotions
Ameera
Who is Khalifa ?
The big question
Greatest fear
Unexpected guest
Assurance
That's my man
Finally!
Planning my wedding
Engagement ceremony.
Kunshi
Kamu
Wedding Dinner
Matrimony/ Budan Kai unveiling of bride
White wedding
Khalifa, the total package
Cupid
Pampered
Signs.
Expectance
Short lived.
Our love life
💞💞💞
occurred
Curiosity
Trouble in paradise
Not mine
Laugh last
D's Identity
Months later
New arrival
Motherhood
Changes
Shattered
Bonus chapter ( Khalifa's POV)
Mine
Mi familia perfecta
Afterward
Karma
Baecation
Finale
Epilogue
Cast
Appreciation/Announcement
Bonus chapters or Not
Bonus chapter (1)

Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding

1.8K 211 2
By Simplicity_writes

We've  been preparing for  Zahra's wedding for months now. Ever since her wedding  date had been  set. She had  been doing everything  in her power to make her wedding everything  she had ever wanted.  And  of course she got the support of everyone  of us.  We helped  her in any  way we could.  

Few weeks  ago, Zahra, Nabila and i travelled  to Sudan,  from Sudan  to Saudi before returning  to Nigeria.

I travelled right  after  i returned  from my baecation with khalifa.   I had to leave for a week.  I missed  my children like i was going to die.  After we returned from Santorini , i only  spent a week with them before leaving  for sudan again.  March was exhausting  as one  can imagine.

Zahra had her kamu ceremony last Friday and of course it was fun.  Blue Marquee planned her event  and trust that it would be extraordinary.  

So Today is the  Wushe Wushe.  The wushe  wushe is a ceremony done  on the eve of the wedding  Fathia.  Its just like welcoming the groom into the  family.  The wushe wushe would be done in the house.

We are presently in my Mami's house.  We arrived this morning.  Everyone was getting ready.  We have the hair dressers, the henna designers currently doing their work.   The house is filled with all of Khalifa's  family,  his cousins,sisters, aunts.  The elderly women were in another quater of the house doing their things while  the we stayed in another quater. 

Summaiyah  has  been   vlogging  since the beginning of the ceremony with the intention  of  posting  it on  her YouTube channel.  The hairdresser  was braiding my hair.  I drew my henna already.  Zarah  was getting  her henna drawn also.  Summaiyah  brought the camera to our faces capturing everything that was going on.  I finished my hair in no time. 

"Where's  mama?" I asked.  Imran was fast asleep already.  Nabilah  carried Iman  when she was leaving  but returned  alone. 

"Mami asked that she stayed with her. "  i mouthed ok.  Mami and Iman  are best pals.  She  claims Iman looks so much like khalifa when he was her age.  She says the twins reminds her of when Khalifa was still young..  we could hear as the local musicians were  playing   their songs.   They came here earlier and we danced,  they later moved  to Mami's  quater. 

After we were done with our hair amd henna,  it was time to start getting dressed for the party.  The twins were in the  children play room.   Mami  has a playroom for all her grandchildren  incase they come visiting.  All the children would stay there while the adult  attend  the wushe wushe.   I took  a quick shower before getting my makeup done.  About four different makeup artist were hired. And each  one of them came with an assistance  or two.  We finished our make up  in no time.  It was time to get  the bride dress also.  We helped  her in getting ready.  She wore a white blouse with a wrapper and cover her  upper part with another white wrapper.  

She was led out by the aunties  who sat her on a makeshift gold throne.  She waited for her groom ,Mustafa to arrive.  When he arrived,  we the sisters, friends welcomed him and brought him to his bride.  The ceremony began.  It had some Chadian twist because  Mustafa  is a Chadian.   They danced together  and were later entertained  by  traditional dancers. 

The next day was the Wanka Amarya.  The men of the house left already for the wedding Fatiha.  Zahra was placed in the midst of her aunties.   She performed Ablution and her hair was being washed by her aunties.   It is said that this is to purify her before she heads to her husband's  house.  After this  was done. She was literally  bareback by the aunties  who took her around the house dancing with her face covered. 

She braided her hair back after dancing around.  By this time, we were informed that the wedding has been finalised.   She is now a Mrs Musango.  She couldn't  contain her joy, she was just grinning  non stop.  Khalifa came in with her bride price.  He handed it to her.  My husband looks so stressed.  He has been busy since the celebration started.  He's  like a father figure to his sisters.  So all of  this is on him.  He literally gave Zahra's  hand out in marriage.  She was so happy that she hugged  him when he handed her her dowry.   We talked briefly.   He asked how the twins were and i informed him that Sarah  was taking  care of them.    He couldn't  stay long because he had other things to tend to.

Zahra had another  shower and started getting dressed for the kalawa. She was adorned  in a garment  owned by  great grand mothers.  The same one i wore during my Budan kai.  I really didnt  see much because i had to tend to my children but she sat before the aunties  and they passed her the kalawa meal before blessing her.   We took pictures with her after she was done with all of this.  It was time for the wedding dinner.

We got ready in no time. I wore the blue asoebi  we picked for the family.   Khalifa, the twins, Sarah , balaraba and i drove to the venue together.   The party  took place in Cunningham Marquee...  Zahra didn't  have much friends so the sisters danced in with her well i joined in also.  She was dressed in a Red iro and Buba aso oke designed  by Deola Segoe.   The party began and it was fun all through.  We ate to our satisfaction.   Took pictures and danced.  Khalifa and i danced  together  also.    Zahra changed to her second outfit which was designed by Huddaya.  Zahra had to dance with her mom since her dad was late.  She danced with her siblings also.  Its so beautiful the bond my husband  and his sisters shared.  They loved  themselves dearly and they extended  the love to  me and my children. 

Two weeks after the wedding  we travelled to France for the white wedding.  Zahra had always wanted a destination  wedding.  It was such a beautiful experience.   We flew in few days earlier to prepare  for the big  day.  Everything was perfect just as she wanted.  

The twins were her ring bearer.  They looked so cute.  The ceremony was beautiful so was the bride.  Just few friends were  invited.  The reception was fun also.  It was a beautiful  ceremony

   Author's Note

So wushe wushe, kalawa,  Wanka Amarya  is actually  part of the kanuri  wedding culture not Hausa .  I just decided to write about this since I  already wrote about Hausa  and Yoruba  culture  .

   Tell me how you feel avout this chapter.   Please don't forget to vote, and comment.  God bless

Please stay  safe  out there..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 1.5K 53
In this life there are people who love for the sake of Allah (swt) while some love for materialistic things,what will happen when our sweet and carin...
176K 16.4K 73
Highest Ranking..../22-03-2020/ #2 in Nigeria #1 in Maryam #1 in Kareem #5 in Wattpad banters #16 in Muslimah #25 in Spiritual #41 in Watty #84 in Mi...
18.5K 2.4K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...
31.6K 5.4K 88
Different cultures, different countries, different background bonded in Marriage without love. Meeting the ever-handsome Habib Aman dandachi from Gab...