Scarlet Rain | ON HOLD

Af kookstco

❝I really want to kiss you. Then kill you for making me feel these stupid emotions.❞ In which an assassin is... Mere

Scarlet Rain
Notice
01. Amidst the Rain
02. Committing of Crime
03. To Dream Again
04. Mute Melodies
05. A Fool
06. Prey Caught
07. Into the Night
New Book!

08. Last Words

2.2K 158 95
Af kookstco

Minutes after I had gotten hit, Jungkook pressed my body up against the van and seized my injured arm. With no warning, he pulled out the dart before I even got the chance to scream from the abrupt pain.

That had been a few hours ago. We were apparently ambushed by my kidnapee's rivals that were identified as "those damned Crimson shit-eaters" (according to Yoongi's words).

Everyone had helped tend each other's injuries and fortunately, there were no severe wounds besides a few scratches here and there. As for me, I was doing dandy at first but as the night stretched on, I began to feel hazy and unfocused.

"I don't feel so good," I blinked  breathing a bit heavily because of the ache in my shoulder. I glare: at Jungkook who was attentively staring at the bloody dart in his hand. Who in their right mind yanks an object out of someone's body like that!?

"Lay her down," Jin said, quickly pushing away the broken pieces of glass to make room for me. I muttered a 'thank you' to Jimin and Jin who let me down gently.

"JK, let me have a look at it," Jin scooted over to Jungkook, snatching the thing out of his hands.

I touched my shoulder gently, wincing at the bit of blood trickling out.

"What if it's poisonous?" Taehyung asked and scooched to my side, gently lifting up my head and placing it on his lap.

Wow. Very nice cushion. Jungkook caught my attention as I saw him make subtle eye contact with Taehyung, lifting his eyebrows as some sort of message.

I kept my eyes locked on Jungkook until his eyes meet mine. He only stared at me emotionlessly and I offered a grin in return.

They're definitely planning something.

"Doesn't look like it," Jin replied to Taehyung's question as he examined the dart. "The effects of poisonous substances should be quick if it targets us. It may just be some type of substance used to interrogate."

"Seems like sodium thiopental," Namjoon commented after a glance at it. "Kind of like a truth serum. Makes you talkative with the higher amount of doses."

"It's a barbiturate—a depressant that slows down the central nervous system—which may lead to feelings of lightheadedness. Probably what Scarlet is feeling right now," Namjoon added on.

"Ah," I nod at his answer. "I remember learning that in psychology."

"Why would they target us with that, then?" Hoseok queried as he focused on the road.

"They were confident in getting a hold of us so they hit whoever they can. Fuckers wanted us to spill our secrets or some shit," Jimin scoffed.

"Sounds reasonable," Namjoon agreed.

"That also means any wanted information from Scarlet should be the easiest to attain now," Jungkook finally spoke up. "Can't wait."

I grimaced in distaste at his comment.

Damn this truth serum or whatever. Words are starting to erupt out of my mouth involuntarily.

"Well to start off with this interrogation," I sighed, preparing for the worst to come, "I really have an uninteresting life so you guys kidnapping me is the most fun I've ever had."

"Wow," Taehyung looked down at me, "that's quite sad."

I can only nod in agreement.

"You know, you awfully look like one of my coworkers," I pointed an accusing finger in Jungkook's face. "But waaayy hotter."

Jungkook scowled and grabbed my hand to bring it down. "Thank you, sweetheart. But you blabbering nonsense is unbearable."

"If we ask her anything right now, she will answer with the truth, right?" Jimin was already grinning mid question.

"Think so," Namjoon said, but eyes Jimin suspiciously as he took a seat next to me. "What are you thinking, Jimin?"

"Hey Scarlet," Jimin smiled at me.

"Hey hot-stuff-number-two," I smiled back.

"Are you a virgin?"

"Jimin!" Jin hollered. "You can't just–!"

"Yes. Wanna take it?" I winked.

"She's awfully bold... I like it!" Jimin pinched my cheeks. "But sorry sweetheart. You're too innocent for me."

"Jimin, stop trying to get into everyone's pants," Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Can we be more serious?"

"Alright. I'll start," Yoongi sighed and spoke up. "Did you know Jiwook was after you?"

"Yeah, I did," I nod without a second thought. "I always felt something was off."

"Who was he to you?" Yoongi added on without sparing me a glance.

"He was my ex-boyfriend," I continued. "Until I saw on the news that he 'died' on his mission as an undercover agent a few years ago. I thought he was dead...until today."

"That's fucked up," Taehyung commented, brushing away stray pieces of hair from my face. "Do you know what agencies he worked for?"

"First, it was Silver Bullet or something, then my mother's," I chuckled. "I should've known these damn agents are cunning."

"Why does your mother want to kill you?" Jin asked and plopped himself next to Taehyung.

"Because I ran away with her precious flashdrive," I hesitated. "I took it out of spite. I haven't been able to crack it but it probably contains something valuable."

The seven boys eyed each other.

"Do you have it with you, Scarlet?" Taehyung asked, looking down at my face.

"I do. But it's in my bra." I grinned up at him.

I saw Jungkook's hand extending in my peripheral vision and almost yelped as it came nearer.

"Mister, what do you think you're doing?" I stared at him in disbelief.

"Either you give us the flash-drive or I take it from you," Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly.

I blinked at him in disbelief and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Ignore Jungkook. He's always grumpy and perverted," Jin said, tsking at the younger.

"We're 30 minutes away," Hoseok announced.

Jungkook scowled at the elder but reluctantly backed away. "Fine. But I'll deal with her once we get home. We'll continue this later."

"Taehyung," Jungkook jutted his chin towards my direction.

I heard Taehyung sigh before his hand found its way to my neck. He held it firmly but not enough to cut off my air supply.

"W-what?" I stuttered as he started to apply pressure at a point on my neck. I began to thrash but he squeezed my neck as a warning.

"Sorry sweets. Safety precautions," he cooed. "Any last words?"

"I knew it was too good to be true to lay on a hot man's lap," I said, no regrets if those are my last words.

With more pressure added, my vision gave out and drifted to a void of black.

. . .

NOTE

Wohoo! Sorry for the delay everyone.
Please keep in mind that my updates are VERY slow and are at random times.
I'm still planning out the plot and storyline for Scarlet Rain, so I'm unsure of how I want it to play out. I get random ideas out of nowhere and would want to add that to my book.

+ I am learning psychology at the moment as well. But I'm always unsure if my information is correct. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you again for the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious amount of reads and votes!  I read everyone's comments and try my best to respond. If you guys want to talk, you can write on my message board or PM me! ^-^

Stay safe!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

9.9K 570 43
"I could've killed you before, I just chose not to." He whispered, seductively leaning close to my lips. "I could've, just like I could've kissed you...
3.5K 303 33
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...
21.4K 1.5K 27
- a Park Jimin fanfiction - in which a scientist and a general fall in love with each other during a zombie apocalypse while saving the world. Oh Nar...
196K 11.8K 47
[ Angst, Dark, Mafia Romance, Love Triangle, Obsession] ❝ Her love can turn a blood thirsty monster into a lovable men, And, Someone's obsession for...