My First Love Story

By JyotikaRao25

This is a story of a beautiful girl from the village who comes to the city to pursue her dreams of studying i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 6

70 4 4
By JyotikaRao25

Saturday night was a nightmare, I could not sleep, kept turning and twisting on my bed half-awake, forcing myself to sleep. I was fighting within myself whether I should go to pick Jonathan.

The jealous thoughts flooded into my mind, thinking of Loraine and him together. The pain of thinking about the two together was enduring. The next morning, I told James that I will not go with him to the airport.

James insisted that Jonathan will not be happy and would get angry. He asked me, what is the reason because you had said yes to him when he asked. I told James that I have changed my mind. Looking at his watch, James left for the airport. He was not looking thrilled.

While sitting in church, I was praying, and thinking about Jonathan that will be exhausted after the travel, he might not come to church. I started imagining how Lorraine and Jonathan would have said their farewell at the airport or will she come with him.

These thoughts were heavy on my chest and a pot of jealousy leaped to a level; it was difficult to breathe.

Just then, I heard Jonathan's deep voice, greeting my aunt and others. I felt him taking his seat behind me and could feel his breath over my neck and his perfume filled in the air magically. My hands were trembling and knees shaking, I did not know what to do.

I was feeling hot suddenly I felt Harry's hand over mine and a whisper hey, honey he is back. I could have just disappeared under the ground if there was an opening. Slowly, I calmed down and set still looking ahead.

He also set and did not utter any word during the service. After the service as we moved out, he came straight to me and asked, why didn't you come to the airport? Why didn't you reply or answer my calls, what did I do? I looked up at him and said I had been busy.

He smiled and shook his head sideways, his hands automatically raised as if to surrender, this I can say was a very dangerous smile, he pulled me to the side and said I don't know what this game is? Do you know what I went through all this time when you were not answering my calls, it was like not breathing at all.

This was so painful and I had sleepless nights. I looked at him and thought really, with a question mark, sleepless nights, I thought you had enjoyable nights. He pulled me towards him and said what did you just say, I said never mind. That made him more furious.

He continued to say, that he wanted to come immediately, but he had planned visitations with the clients, he was stuck there.

Charlotte came and asked Jonathan why he was getting angry on me, he ignored and moved from there, muttering Nancy Peters, I will talk to you later.

I did not see him eye to eye after that session, he was busy with the choir and his parents. During lunch we all gathered, and Harry said he will dish out food for us. As Harry was passing me the plate with food, Jonathan also brought in a plate with food for me, I looked at him and said Harry has already dished out my food.

He insisted, and stubbornly stood in front of me saying I have brought food for both of us, I am hungry I want to have lunch with you. I politely asked him to sit down since people started noticing Jonathan's behavior.

He sat down and pushed away the plate which Harry brought and put his plate at the spot. I felt it was wrong and pulled back Harry's plate though I did not push away Jonathan's plate.

As soon as he saw I pulled Harry's plate, he abruptly got up and left. Everyone was startled, looking at me as what had happened. I was nearly in tears. Fighting back my tears, looked down and completely lost my appetite thereafter I just mingled on the food and then was ready to go home.

The family members were baffled on the scene created by Jonathan and kept wondering why Jonathan was furious. Some members gave me a sympathetic look and were quiet. Jonathan's mother was anxiously glancing my way, I could not read what she was thinking but she blinked both eyes to me as if telling me to be strong. Only two who knew what was the problem is probably Harry and Janice. Janice just squeezed my hand and said brother will be fine.

I did not see Jonathan for the rest of the afternoon and evening, first few days James picked and dropped us home. One afternoon while my class was about to finish, Janice called me and told me that Jonathan has not eaten from Sunday, it is three days in a row now and he is becoming sick. Jonathan had advised Janice not to tell anyone but Janice felt that I should know and talk to him.

As soon as the classes finished, I quickly got out of the classroom and bought some takeaways from the university canteen, his favorites and went to see him in his office.

I arrived at the office reception and asked for Jonathan, the lady at the reception stared at me and then down to my clothes, she said who? I said Jonathan she said are you referring to Mr. Junior Harrison, I said yes, she mumbled, I'm sure I heard something but could not make out what. She called his secretary saying that one of the university students is here to see him. Jonathan's Secretary said to me that he is busy. I told her that I will wait for him, she said as it suits you.

She didn't even bother to ask my name. Fifteen minutes passed, there was no communication from the receptionist, she looked at me from time to time, showed me her distasteful look, I still sat there patiently, food was cold by now.

As one hour passed, I went back to the receptionist and told her to check if Jonathan is free now, the same answer was parroted, Mr., Jnr Harrison is busy, so I waited.

While I was waiting for some guests had arrived and the receptionist called Jonathan's secretary and advised that some Mr. Bose has arrived. He was politely greeted and asked to wait.

Suddenly I saw Jonathan emerging from within the office and was walking towards the guest, his face was pale, he was very serious as he walked up to the guest, he shook hands and turned around towards the visitor's room, his eyes gazed at me sitting there. Jonathan quickly excused himself and walked over to me and asked; you are here? I told him, I came to see you, he froze and said you should have called me.

He already looked pale and I did not want to get him hyped up again, so I said no I asked the receptionist to tell you that I am here.

He held my hand and walked across to the reception, he walked past the guest and asked the receptionist, for how long has she been sitting here, the receptionist replied for 2 hours sir, his face went red and said how is it that I am not aware.

The receptionist looked displaced and shuddered in front of him. Have you asked her, who she is, the receptionist replied no, he said, she is Nancy Peters, the receptionist's eyes grew wide and started apologizing to me?

I told her it is okay. He said no, he again turned to the guest and asked James to have them seated at the board room, while he held me and took me to his office... He apologized and said, I am sorry, he leveled at his secretary for not passing the information.

When we both sat down, he calmed himself and then asked me, what happened, why are you here. I told him that I am hungry and I have bought some food for both of us to eat.

For a few minutes, we both sat and stared at each other, not knowing what to say. I started opening the parcel, he said softly, can you wait for me for a few minutes, he said I am also hungry and would want to eat with you. I told him, yes, I will wait, he nodded and said okay, he then left for the boardroom.

He showed up after thirty minutes and said let's go to the dining area, we can sit at a decent table and eat, I said okay and followed him. He took the table near the window overseeing the garden, there was cool breeze flowing in, keeping the hall cool.

We sat down, his eyes were on me now, focusing on my face while I opened the parcel. My fingers were shaking under his observant eyes, my knuckles were getting cold. He whispered, why do you care? I looked at him and said, I do care for you Jonathan because you are my friend.

He gave a lazy smile, his face muscles relaxed and we quietly started eating. While he was chewing his food, he started to cough, office staff rushed towards him, I panicked, jumped up from my stool and started to move away, he reached out for me, held on to me tightly and looked at me, his eyes was red, filled with tears as something was so painful happening to him.

It seems that he was choking. I could not hold back my tears, I panicked and tears rolled down my cheeks.

James rushed in and loosened his ties, rolled his sleeve and quickly called for the doctor. In twenty minutes, the doctor came and he was rushed to the hospital.

Jonathan told the doctor that he is fine, the doctor said we will see, right now, we need you to be at the hospital, we will run some tests. You will be put on drips to normalize, there is signs of dehydration. Jonathan had a tight grip on my hand, I went in the ambulance with him and was with him right through.

James called Jonathan's parents while we were on our way to the hospital. They instantly came over so did Harry and Julie. Jonathan's mum was crying, I did not know what to say at that point of time, so I just held her and hugged her, patted on her shoulders and assured her that he will be fine.

Jonathan's eyes were closed but he was still holding my hand, which was visible to all the pair of eyes in the hospital room. He kept murmuring for me not to leave him, that he is feeling dizzy. I was a bit shy because the others were in the room but I went ahead and assured him that I am here with him.

I was feeling sleepy when all relatives and friends went after visiting him, he was still holding my hand, finally, I decided to sneak under his covers to rest a bit, and anyway since he was semi-conscious, he would not dare to do anything. He held me tight and pulled me closer to himself. I was so exhausted that I slept throughout the night without moving and believe me a ghost would have regretted creeping towards me.

I was awakened by the morning duty nurse, she told me that the doctors would be making their rounds in 30 minutes, they need to prepare the patients. I quickly got up; Jonathan was fast asleep.

Julie had dropped off my clothes, thanks to her. I changed quickly, while I was waiting, Lorraine walked in, I felt a big relief and immediately handed over her responsibility to be with Jonathan.

I moved away from his bed, she nodded to me and gave a cold and mean look, as if asking me what the hell, I was doing there at this hour of the morning. I felt grateful that his blonde girlfriend is here and I am relieved.

I nodded back to her, giving her an what the heck looks and moved quickly towards the door before Jonathan woke up. Harry was in time to pick me up for college and off we went.

Jonathan

The whole night I, was feeling warm and cozy, the fact that having Nancy sleeping beside me, made me feel calm and warm. Seeing Nancy was sleeping like a log, I was too scared to move in case she wakes up. The room temperature was cool and Nancy was snuggling beside me to keep herself warm.

I suddenly felt the buzzing noise, I moved sideways to pick up my phone and saw Lorraine was calling me, I quietly put the phone back and slept. I don't know what to tell Lorraine, I do care about her but I don't know why I am starting to like Nancy.

Lorraine and I have been together for 2 years and I am not been faithful to her, right now. I am so confused, about what is happening to me. Here I am laying on the hospital bed due to the reason of not eating for three days because Nancy refused to eat with me.

I just know this girl for a few weeks, why am I acting so foolishly, and here she is lying beside me on the hospital bed. First thing in the morning, I will call Loraine and tell her that I am okay.

After a while, I heard noises, seemed far away, oh god I still feel dizzy and there is so much light in the room, I could hardly open my eyes. I felt Nancy was no longer on the bed however she was still holding my hands, as I opened my eyes, Nancy was not there, Lorraine was sitting beside me and looking anxiously at me. I was startled,

I said Lorraine, when did you come? She looked at me calmly and said, I came in the morning. I smiled at her and told her that I am alright now and should be released today. I was also wondering where had Nancy gone.

Janice, mum, and dad joined us, Doctors made their rounds and approved me to be discharged with the future review date, they gave me tons of medicine and asked me to finish the course.

I felt a strange surge of unhappy feeling without Nancy, I really wanted to be with her. Her absence was making me feel so angry with her. The memory of her refusal to eat from the plate, I had dished out and now she has run away from the hospital fueled my anger at another level. why is this happening with me?

Looking at Lorraine, I started thinking about her, we have been dating for 2 years now, our interests are common, she is my type and she obeys me. I just don't know why Nancy intrigues me. I will catch up with her later in the day, after all she made so angry that I acted like a college kid, starving myself for 3 days.

She bought me food, she took care of me in the hospital, for sure Loraine couldn't or wouldn't have done this.

Nancy

Thank God, Lorraine came, I am now free from that monster, referring to Jonathan. Though seeing Lorraine, I got jealous for a second, however, no doubt, she is so elegant, beautiful, blonde and carried herself as a class hence looking at myself in the mirror, in loose round neck t-shirt, with shabby blue jeans and hair in a mess. I looked like the ghost in a horror story.

Anyways this is what I had to deal with because Harry brought me these clothes in a rush which was obviously not mine.

As soon as I reached home, I was greeted with hugs and kisses, Uncle Sam and aunt, thanked me for staying back with Jonathan. They also told me that Harrison's family sent their love and told them to thank me. There was a bunch of white roses in my room and a box of chocolate. As I opened the box, and picked up one piece, put it in my mouth, oh my, the taste was delicious and was melting in my mouth like sugar. I was thinking, was this thank you package necessary.

The noises from the next door validated that Jonathan is back home, as I peeked through my balcony window, I saw people gathering in Jonathan's room, slowly I pulled the curtains tight.

The next day, on the way to college, James advised that Jonathan is on strict orders to stay indoors and rest, he will not be working for one week. This news was a sigh of relief since he will not be bothering me any time soon.

Janice whispered that Lorraine will be with him for one week and is staying in his bedroom, this piece of information made me feel angry and jealous.

But why am I angry, I know for the fact, he will never look at me like he does to Lorraine. Definitely, bells were ringing in my ears, am I having a crush on the most handsome boy in the city or am I falling in love with him. The thought of both send shivers in my spine. I don't want to hurt myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

481K 17K 40
Meet Sara, a jolly natured, perfectly happy, sweet natured girl. But also insecure, sad about her body. She carries a tag around herself, bestowed up...
150K 6.2K 42
Its a story of a girl who fell in love at first smile with a boy who doesn't believe in love.
212 55 14
A complicated story of mine.. uh- so the characters here are real people, real personality (almost) and they are dating in real life but sadly it's l...
799 192 30
Story about a girl who has a lot of conditions for accepting love and thats why she has been single .And a boy who became ready to accept all the con...