The Geek's Game | NaLu Fan Fi...

By Infinite_Midnight

★Modern AU★ Lucy and Natsu are long time best friends. Natsu is the star basketball player and Lucy is a shad... More

New School Year New Beginnings!
The Business Project and Moving In With the Dragneel's
Cheer Captain Tries To Change The Game
A Walk in the Dark...
The Basketball Star and the Cheer Captain?!
The First Game
A Change of the Mind a Change of the Heart
Returned and Ready for Battle!
His Lucky Jacket
Caught! And secrets revealed!
Lisanna's Surprise and Lucy's Triumph!
Sting Eucliffe and Lisanna Strauss Leaked!
Wendy Meets Romeo! And Lucy's Unwanted Family Reunion
Flashback
A Thanksgiving To Forever Remember
She Is Only Evil
Investigation
Civil Unrest! Natsu is a Star!
A Winter Dream, A Kiss of Snow
She's Off Limits
Sting and Lisanna are a Team
It Happened
Breakdown
A Day in the Kitchen
Christmas with the Dragneel's!
New Year New Surprises
School is back, so is she
Can I Trust Her?
The Darker Side of His Life
An Announcement
Wendy and Romeo?!
Welcome To The Real World
Wedding Bells Ring!
The Rain
A gift for YOU!
A gift for you: part 2
Fairy Tail Watty Awards?!
Voting~
Voting Part 2
Notice !!!
Thank You
Epilogue

Hide and Seek: Best Played at Night

26.7K 1K 627
By Infinite_Midnight

Chapter 19 - recap

"It's like our old childhood games! You have five minutes to hide! Be careful, I have every inch of this place engraved in my memory!" He calls as I race deeper into the garden. As I run my thoughts whirl.

Had I just been proposed to?

And was I really playing hide and go seek to decide my answer?!

• * •

Chapter 20 - Hide and Seek: Best Played at Night

I ran, trying to quiet my beating steps. The walls only rang with the echoes of my feet hitting the cobble. I weaved through the garden, memories of its passages coming back to me. I remembered old games Natsu and I used to play, Hide and Seek, Treasure Hunt and many others usually involving some sort of adventure. I slowed my run for a bit to soak in the surroundings. I was sure my time was running thin.

I picked up my pace again and leapt over a few short walls to cut my time down. I was still running when he yelled "Ready or not, here I come!"

I frantically racked my brain for good hiding places. The bushes, fountains, walls, vines and old statues where my only options near me. I dove in between two old walls, praying my breath couldn't be seen. I tried to calm my racing heart. I was sure my panting and heartbeat could be heard a mile away, but I squeezed my eyes shut and fought to control my breath. I leaned my head back against the cold rock.

That's when I heard footsteps. They where slow, calculating, and intimidating. They where the steps of a predator, and a very determined one at that. I sucked in my breath and squeezed my eyes closed tighter. I heard the steps draw nearer. I heard them stop, then turn and head the other way. I peeked one eye open and cautiously peeked out from behind the wall into the dark.

I ached to step out and move, but I stayed frozen in place. I listened and didn't hear anything. Not even distant echoes of steps. My heart raced in my chest, and a sort of fear of not knowing where he was burned in my stomach.

"Found you," a voice said above me. I shrieked and ran, hoping to elude capture. I knew it was Natsu but he had scared the hell out of me! He suddenly leapt down in front of me and I ran right into him. He stumbled back a few steps, laughing all the while. I stayed still against his chest, smoothing my ragged breath and trying to prevent a heart attack.

"Looks like I win," he smirks. My eyes widen when I realize what that meant.

"You aren't serious are you?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm going to be taking over this place soon Luce, and I love you and don't want to leave a chance for you to slip away," he shoves his hands in his pockets.

I stare at him and my heart flutters in my chest. He pulls a golden locket from his pocket. I see on the flashing surface the letters "ℵ×ℒ" have been engraved. It was breath taking.

"I want you to have this. And I have to wait for my parents to return to get you an actual ring," he shrugs.

"Natsu..." tears well up in my eyes. I surprise him and throw my arms around his neck. "Thank you," I whisper into his ear.

When I stepped back he slipped the chain around my neck and clipped it. I looked at it adoringly before suddenly being lifted.

"Natsu! Put me down!" I demand laughing. He turns me around and my face is parallel to his.

He shrugs smirking, "Whatever you say Luce." And he lowered me down into a kiss. When my feet touched the ground I stay balanced on my toes.

"Natsu! Lucy!" We hear Wendy calling distantly. Natsu releases his grip on my waist.

"I guess it's time to head back," I sigh.

"Come on Luce," Natsu picked me up bridal style and carried me back, and I fell asleep in his arms as he carried me back.

• * •

Chapter 21 - She's Off Limits - Preview

I was jumped on as Levy ran at me. She squealed in delight as I held her on my back.

"Lucy! You won't believe what happened to me over break!" She gasped.

"Tell me!" I demand, letting her slide back to the floor so she can tell me.

"I've done 'it'," She winks.

I gasp, "No way! With who?!"

• * •

Ello lovely readers! If you didn't know, I have loads of other works on my profile! If you liked this book I encourage you to try "Her Crush"!

That's just a suggestion though~

~Kels-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 955 17
What happens when a certain fairy tail team decides to take a break and spend the gifted time at a resort? Natsu and Lucy have always been close, a...
166K 5.6K 32
Lucy and Natsu are best friends and they have been ever since they were little! What will happen when she loses all the most important people in her...
3.3K 135 20
Modern AU Lucy Heartifilia spend the rest of her 6 high school years isolated and lonely, getting the pain and suffering through bullying inside and...
84.6K 1.5K 24
Lucy has been ignored by the guild for a month ever since lisanna came back. Even Natsu Ignores her, he is always with lisanna. The only ones who did...