CARDIOLOGIST'S HEART ( Comple...

By NiranjanaNepol

Arnav was leaning on the closed door, closing his eyes, thinking about, Khushi....... She was his everything... More

Untitled Part 1
2 Dr. Sneha
3 New Comer
4 Adventure Ambition
5 Chotte's LOVE
6 She is my EVERYTHING
7 She is my Khushi
8 Warning
9 Blame
10 Rescue
11 Why?
12 It's for You
14 Insecurity
15 Green is not less...
16 Fun?
17 Present
Part 18
19 What if?
20 Backcheck
21 Arshi...
22 Suhani...
23 Adopted Child
24 Father and Daughter
25 Where is Arnav?
26 Suhani is in India
27 Truth
28 Who is she?
29 Scream of Heart
30 Same faced Evil
31 Sneha's Dirty Game
32 Favorite Colour
33 After Seven Years...
34 They Met
35 Confluence
36 Back to HIT
37 Present in the only constant
38 Emotions...
39 Happy Arshi
40 Parent's Marriage
41 Arnav's Plan
42 Changed Place
43 Insecurity
44 Realisation
45 Influence
46 Khushi's Point
47 About Suhani...
48 Shashi's Concern
49 Cardiologist's heart
50 New Member
51 She is back
52 That Shot
53 Face to Face
54 Change of Events
55 Last Part

13 Dumb

4K 273 24
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 13 

RM

Arnav was standing in front of his late parent's Photograph which was hanging on the wall with Grantland. Aman and NK's sentences were echoing in his head.

"Why not you reconsidered your decision?"

"I'm sure Rohan will definitely give you heed"

He gritted his teeth. He couldn't even make his friends understand who was with him from his childhood.

Khushi's painful words tore his heart.

"He won't confess his love and I won't stop loving him. You can't change it. Just leave it guys."

He knew how distressed she was when she uttered it.

He looked at his father's pic and went back to the day when his father and his mother met with an accident and got admitted to the hospital.

Flashback

Fourteen years old Arnav was crying, standing out of the ICU in the fear of losing his parents. A nurse came and asked.

Nurse: Who is Chotte?

Arnav: It's me...

Nurse: Your father is calling you.

Arnav went inside the ICU. He couldn't hold himself, seeing his father being wrapped with Band-Aid and connected with many tubes. Arvind extended his hand towards Arnav and he held his hands crying.

Arnav: Dad...

Arvind (in gauzy tone): Don't cry Chotte...

His breath was not gradual. He felt hard to talk.

Arvind: I want you to do me a favor.

Arnav(nodding yes): Anything Dad.

Arvind: You know I want you to become a doctor and you know why.

Arnav nodded yes. Arvind's mother died in Kidney failure. Arvind couldn't spend money to save his mother as he was a middle family man at that time. He wanted his son to serve for the poor like his mother. He started injecting the "doctor goal" in his blood. And he succeeded too. As he was in the death-bed, he wanted a strong assurance from Arnav before his death.

Arnav: I know Dad.

Arvind: I won't be with you to see you as a Doctor.

Arnav: Don't say like that Dad.

Arvind: Promise me, you will be stern in your AIM. You should not get distracted by anything or anyone. You may cross many diversions in your life. But you shouldn't give heed to anything until you FINISH your medicine. Because becoming a doctor is not an easy task. It needs hard work and concentration. I directly ask you. Promise me you won't fall in love with anything other than your studies.

Arnav: I promise, Dad... I won't get distracted... I won't love anyone and anything until my last day of medicine. I swear on you.

Arvind: This must be a secret between us two. I don't want people to say you have achieved because you promised.

Arnav nodded yes. Arvind touched his head smilingly. In a few hours, Arvind passed away.

Flashback ends

Arnav opened his eyes getting out from the flashback.

Arnav (looking at Arvind's pic): Why Dad? Didn't you trust me? Didn't you know I will complete my medicine successfully? Why did you take my promise? Don't you know there are many important things in the world which makes us happy? You didn't want me to get distracted. But now...I'm distracted Dad... I'm badly distracted by Khushi because you asked me not to get distracted. I'm distracted because I'm scared of losing her. You know how good girl she is? She will definitely help me to be successful in my life Dad because she is also a doctor who left her dreams for me. I can't see her suffering and I can't say the truth to anyone because you have tied my tongue. I hate myself for being helpless, Dad. I'm helpless.... You wanted me not to fall in love. But I did... I love Khushi very much. Still, I'm studying well. And I'm sure I would have studied better if I had confessed my love to Khushi. How could I restrict myself if she is so good, Dad? I want to tell her that I also love her but I couldn't.....

He gritted his teeth. A lonely tear slipped from his eyes. He has to do something. He decided what to do.

Girl's Hostel

Khushi was sleeping on the book. She slept while studying. It was 12:30 am. Even a phone sound couldn't wake her up. Her roommate tapped her back and she jerked.

Khushi(sleepily): Haaannnn

She handed the phone.

Khushi(without opening her eyes): Hello.... Who is this....?

"Khushi"

Khushi (sleepily): Arnavvv....?

Arnav: Sorry I disturbed you.

Khushi: Haaann you disturbed me.... A lot.....

She chuckled.

Arnav(gulping down): I want to talk to you.

Khushi: Tell me.

Arnav: In person.

Khushi: Now?

Arnav: No... tomorrow.

Khushi: ok... anything serious?

Arnav: Yes...

Khushi: then tell me now.

Arnav: Khushi, assume me as DUMB.

Khushi: Whaaaat!

Arnav: Good night...

He disconnected the call.

Khushi: What the....

What that means? "Assume me as DUMB"????

What he wants to say? A Dumb man won't talk... couldn't talk... Does he indicate something like that?

She laid on the bed, covering herself while thinking about DUMB.

Next day

Khushi didn't find Arnav in their gang. She sat with them and waited for Arnav. Her mind didn't get into their teases and mocks as it was thinking about DUMB. She was disappointed as the college bell rang. She followed them, looking here and there, expecting Arnav. When she reached the corridor of their class, Arnav pulled her hand, from behind the pillar. Before she shouted, Arnav closed her mouth. Khushi sighed in relief. Arnav started dragging her to his car.

Khushi: Where are you taking me?

Arnav: Come...

Khushi: Where?

Arnav: Get in.

This time, without feeling sad about the bunking class, Khushi got inside. They reached the coffee shop where only a few people were.

Arnav ordered a cappuccino for Khushi and a black coffee for himself.

Khushi had been looking at him, expecting to open up. He uttered the same line again.

Arnav: Khushi, assume me as DUMB.

Khushi: Why? What that means?

Arnav: Because a dumb man could not talk... couldn't put anything in WORDS.

Khushi: Yes, so?

Arnav: Like the same, I too couldn't say anything directly.

Khushi: But why Arnav?

Arnav: My situation is like that Khushi. Trust me, I will reveal everything one day. Until then think me I'm dumb.

Khushi: But dumb man says everything through the SIGN language.

Arnav: SIGN and ACTION are the same. Like signs, action speaks more. We don't have to bring everything in words but our action screams for us.

Khushi: What are you trying to say?

Arnav: you said you will wait for me. I promise. I will say whatever in my heart on the last day of our college. I don't care what other people think about me and speak about me but you. I don't want to make you suffer and I'm cursing myself for being helpless Khushi. (touching her hand) hope you understand.

Khushi found TRUTH in his eyes. He is not a pretender. He doesn't have to make her understand if he doesn't care about her. She kept her hand on his and nodded yes.

Arnav: Thank you Khushi.

Khushi: I will wait for the day... to hear what's there in your DAMN heart...

Arnav Chuckled.

Arnav (nodding yes): When is your Dad coming?

Khushi: I don't know. He said next week. He is a man of word. He won't change his words. He always says, next week but won't come.

She laughed so did Arnav. Arnav got relieved as he made Khushi understand him. After here, she won't get confused by anyone. Because he knew she trusts him.

To be continued...

Today's Inkitt update

Insecurity?

Lavanya's face brightened, seeing NK with a ROSE but he extended it towards Khushi, making her drop her jaw. But, she smiled, hearing his next stance.

NK: Happy MOTHER'S DAY Khushi...

Khushi (chuckling): Mother's day wishes... for me?

NK: Yeah... did you forget what you said after attending your first NORMAL DELIVERY CASE?

Khushi: What I said?

NK: Did you forget...?

Khushi nodded yes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5.3K 7
*Ranked #8 in recommended(11-5-18)* *Ranked #15 in arshi(17-5-18)* "Khushi, arre O titaliya.Tanik dekho to sahi darwaje pe kaun hai?(Hey Khushi, see...
224K 13.7K 61
She annoyed him, spoiling his major event that was held in Lucknow. When she spoilt his major event, falling in his arms, he didn't know she will mak...
74K 2.7K 5
Khushi loved him with all her heart but her love was mistaken, misjudged by him. Shattered and heart broken she left everything behind. Arnav is left...
154K 10.2K 39
A Good looking guy with a fair complexion, dark black hair, and chocolate brown eyes was looking inside the ICU through the mirror attached to the do...