Emerald Rain

By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... More

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

Eliminating the bandits:

820 16 5
By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Byleth made her way through the monastery, she wondered why lady Rhea had summoned her so early in the morning especially since Byleth was about to leave for her class mission. Byleth zoned out as she made her way to the archbishop focusing in on the sound of her feet clacking against the cobblestone floors. 

Once she reached her destination Byleth stood outside of the room where the archbishop met with people for a moment, ever since her Father Jeralt told her to be cautious around Rhea she has felt a great amount of discomfort in her presence. She wanted to know why her Father didn't trust Rhea, and wondered what she could have done to cause such a fear and distrust of Rhea in Jeralt. 

The room doors creaked as Byleth opened them "Ah dear child" Lady Rhea beamed.

Byleth drew closer to Lady Rhea "Good morning Lady Rhea, did something happen?" Byleth asked hoping to soon leave the meeting and begin prepping for the mission.

"No sweet child, I summoned you so I can see how you are faring here at the academy '' Rhea said with a smile "You are enjoying being here at the monastery right? Rhea asked.

"Of course" Byleth responded "That is great news" Rhea enthused "Well I suppose I shouldn't keep you for to long since you have a mission to attend to today, May the goddess watch over you." Rhea added. 

"Thank you" Byleth said before turning around and exiting back into the hall and began heading to her room. 

"That was weird" Sothis said "Why would the archbishop call you in just to ask how you are doing, she is obviously a busy person it just doesn't add up" Sothis added. I agree Byleth thought it made zero sense to her why Rhea would be concerned with how only one student was liking the monastery, Byleth wondered what her true intentions of that meeting were, she felt more confused than she did initially going into it.

The class met in their classroom everyone was there and accounted for except for Sylvain, "He's probably fooling around with some girl" Felix stated while they waited and just as the Blue Lions began to leave Sylvain appeared in the nick of time. Now that everyone was there the class set out for Zanado Canyon to handle the thieves. 

As they made their way there Byleth noticed that Dimitri forced Sylvain towards the back of the group and began lecturing him on his behavior Byleth heard Dimitri say "Sylvain... I'm not saying you can't enjoy yourself at night..." Dimitri paused "But you must learn the art of moderation. Again and again, you end up wandering the streets until the early morning" He added. 

"OK. I get it. I don't need one of your lectures. I've got them all memorized anyways" Sylvain snapped, Sylvain told Dimitri how he would focus on his studying and stop going out at night if Dimitri accompanied him in taking cute girls out to the town. Dimitri got flustered by Sylvains proposition which led to Sylvain flaunting around Dimitri's inexperience with women "So how about this- I'll try to behave and you'll try to loosen up?" Sylvain said "I want to see you with a girl on your arm" Sylvain added. 

"I will... attempt to do as you ask. But you better hold up your end of the bargain as well" Dimitri said.

"Of course- Just one more thing Dimitri" Sylvain said as he whispered something into Dimitri's ear, This caused for Dimitris face to turn bright red.

"I wasn't planning on it" Dimitri mumbled.

"Oh sure you weren't your highness" Sylvain laughed. 

Their conversation was cut short by Felix "Will you two morons shut up, no one cares about your skirt chasing" Felix stated "we are closing in on Zanado Canyon now is not the time" he added. 

"Right of course my apologies Felix" Dimitri said. The rest of the way the group traveled in silence many of them were nervous about the fact this is their first time having to kill another person. Byleth worried about how it was going to affect them, she remembered the first time she killed a person she had dreams about them for months haunting her for what she had done. Byleth quickly shook that out of her head now wasn't the time for idle thoughts she needed to be ready for the battle that was about to happen. "Blue Lions brace yourselves" Dimitri said as they approached the bandits hideout.

The blue Lions class and Lysithea entered the canyon and had to prepare to fight when two archers met them at the entrance. Ingrid lunged forward to attack one of the archers, and once he had been weakened Ashe swooped in and finished him off "If I hesitated,... that would have been me" Ashe sighed. 

Felix went after the other archer and as he swung his blade his crest lit up and the archer fell dead "Finished already? I was hoping for more of a challenge." Felix said. 

Once the archers were out of the way the Blue Lions were able to cross over a bridge "Dimitri" Byleth called out to him. 

"Yes?" Dimitri responded. 

"We should split up and take them from the East and West" Byleth said. 

"Agreed" Dimitri said "But first lets deal with those bandits that just appeared" Dimitri gestured behind Byleth, she turned around and saw that more bandits had in fact shown up. 

"Let's go" Byleth said and ran towards the bandits. Dimitri and the rest of the class followed. Byleth swung her blade at one of the bandits injuring them and then Sylvain delivered the final blow to the bandit he paused for a moment once he realized what he had done.

"I had to do it. Don't hate me, please." Sylvain whispered. 

Nearby Dimitri was fighting with one of the bandits for a while before he struck a fatal blow " I know they are just thieves, but this never gets easier for me..." Dimitri said before moving on to fight the next bandit. 

The responses seemed to be fairly split on how they handled the first kill, there were some responses that took Byleth by surprise such as Annette getting pumped up and saying "I did it! See? I'm a great fighter!".

And then there was Lysithea's response, she had a devastated look on her face and whispered to the corpse of the bandit "A precious opportunity to test my own strength. I won't make waste of your deaths." They were making progress with the bandits it didn't seem like there were to many anymore and so they split into two groups Dimitri led Ashe, Annette, Dedue, and Ingrid along the west side of the canyon while Byleth led Felix, Lysithea, and Sylvain through the Eastern end of the canyon, There were a few bandits still lingering around as they progressed further into the canyon. They drew in closer to the bandit leader where Byleth noticed he positioned himself directly on a heal tile, Byleth and her group drew closer to him as she noticed that Dimitri had already engaged in battle with him, he was doing pretty well until he caught Dimitri off guard and delivered a fatal blow. Byleth stared in shock at what had just transpired, she saw the prince lying limp on the ground.

"What are you doing you fool" Sothis shouted "Hurry up and use divine pulse, he can still be saved". Right Byleth thought as she used divine pulse, time paused and a purple light was cast overhead she went back to a minute or two before Dimitri met his doom.

Byleth saw Dimitri was beginning to engage in battle with the bandit leader, she told Felix she would run ahead and help Dimitri, and with that she took off sprinting. Byleth got to them in the nick of time as she saw Dimitri miss his hit giving the bandit the opportunity to strike, Byleth jumped in and hit the bandit with her blade. He doubled over and began to say something about him never should have trusting someone before he fell over. 

Byleth's attention turned to Dimitri he looked shocked at what had just happened "Dimitri what were you thinking, you could have gotten yourself killed" Byleth said sternly.

Byleth Thought about how Dimitri fell to the floor after that fatal blow "You're right" Dimitri said calmly "I was being reckless I shouldn't have done that" He added with a small smile. 

Byleth grew increasingly frustrated by his lack of cation and left the prince's side to check on the other students. Once finished with that Byleth was looking around at the canyon and she thought she had remembered this place being peaceful "As far as I can tell this is your first time here ..." Sothis said It still feels familiar Byleth thought back "How very odd" Sothis said confusingly. 

Byleths conversation with Sothis was cut short when Dimitri appeared "Byleth, I've been searching for you. We need to return to the monastery soon. We're all ready for the journey back" Dimitri said, Byleth nodded to his response and got up to join the rest of her class.

Dimitri lingered at Byleths side as they made there way back, he was enthusing about the battle and how they had worked with the knights of Seiros "I heard Jeralt is once again a Knight of Seiros" Dimitri said "I was hoping for this battle we would have had the good fortune of seeing you two fight side by side" Dimitri enthused.

"This isn't a game" Byleth snapped. 

"Oh, of course. I apologize for letting my childish whims get the better of me" Dimitri said sadly "In all honesty, I'm a bit jealous. My parents are no longer around" Dimitri added softly.

"No longer around?" Byleth questioned.

"They... they died. Both of them. I'm all that remains of them now.. " Dimitri said gloomily "Anyhow. I'm sorry to bore you with such things" Dimitri added.

"Dimitri" Byleth said softly "I'm sorry, I didn't know I thought you were just making light of the battle" Byleth said "I should have realized.." Byleth added. 

"No worries Byleth" Dimitri said with a smile "I understand." He added, Byleth still felt guilt about what had just happened, They walked in silence until they reached the monastery. "Well we're finally back Byleth, I'll leave you to handle the report to Rhea" Dimitri said "Oh look there is Edelgard" Dimitri added, He began to ask her and Professor Manuela about their mission and how they should be cautious that a battlefield is unpredictable. 

Byleth watched as Edelgard grew irritated by Dimitri's lecture and told him that his concern was not needed, she then turned to Byleth "Byleth, I do hope you have been considering what we discussed the other night" Edelgard said before she turned around and left. 

Professor Manuela apologized for her behavior and then took off after her, "Good bye Dimitri" Byleth said quickly before he had a chance to question her on what Edelgard had told Byleth.

"Byleth my dear child" Rhea beamed "How was your mission?" the archbishop asked. Byleth told her the report of everything that had transpired at Zanado Canyon. "Hmm, did you experience anything weird" Rhea asked.

Byleth felt her stomach churn and it didn't feel right how she asked that question "Don't say anything" Sothis hissed and Byleth agreed. "Nope, it was fairly the same as it was taking out bandits in my mercenary days'' Byleth said. 

And a scowl fell over Rhea's face "I see, so it was completely normal" Rhea sighed. Byleth questioned Rhea about Zanado Canyon and Rhea told her that it was previously home to a different civilization that had descended from the goddess, and that the goddess herself had also called that canyon home as well. After that conversation about the canyon Byleth was dismissed by Rhea and left from the meeting uncertain with what had just happened. She did know one thing for certain she needed to find out more about Zanado canyon, and the only place that she would be able to do that was the library.

Byleth made her way to the library, she was paranoid that she would have another run in with the librarian from the other day "Really you're afraid of a librarian!?" Sothis laughed, Byleth ignored Sothis's taunts. 

Byleth entered the library and to her surprise there was another person in there "Hey Lindhart, I thought you were done for the evening" Claude called out and turned to Byleth "Oh Byleth my bad" Claude said with a wink "I thought Lindhart had come back for the night" He added, "Anyways what brings you around these parts especially this late at night? Doing some snooping?" Claude questioned. 

"Something like that" Byleth said "Hmmm well what are you looking to know about?" Claude asked. 

"Zanado Canyon" Byleth replied. 

"Oh, well there isn't much on that place but if you find anything it will be over her" Claude said as he gestured to a different section in the library "Didn't you go on a mission there today?" Claude asked and Byleth nodded, "I see... did something happen to make you curious in it?" he asked. Byleth stood for a moment unsure of what to tell Claude "How about this I'll tell you what I know about that place in exchange for what you know" Claude said with a wink. Byleth thought about it and then agreed, the two of them sat at a table in the library and Byleth began telling him about what Lady Rhea had told her about that ancient civilization that used to reside in Zanado Canyon. Byleth saw Claude's eyebrows furrow "Hmm I've never heard anything about that, however this is what I have about the canyon" Claude reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper, once unfolded it had some sort of creature on it. 

"What is that?" Byleth questioned. 

"Beats me, but it's called the immaculate one" Claude responded "There have been sightings of it for quite sometime in History, it's just hard to find any evidence that hasn't been altered" Claude said "Anyways it's relevant to what you told me because that is where it is theorized to have originated from" Claude added. 

Byleth was quiet for a moment "Do you think this is what became of that civilization?" Byleth asked Claude. 

Claude laughed "I'd be careful who you ask those types of things Byleth, one might say that's a little blasphemous" he joked "I honestly have no idea, it's also possible this creature is responsible for their disappearance" Claude added, "But look here at the nose of it doesn't that kind of look like a crest?"

Byleth leaned in closer to the image and saw what Claude was talking about and before she could respond Byleth heard someone else talk. "Byleth there you are" Dimitri said walking into the library "I've been looking for you I have news.." Dimitri said while he stared at Byleth and Claude who both jumped a little in their seats afraid that it had been someone who might take what they were doing the wrong way. "Claude? I didn't expect to see you here with Byleth" Dimitri said suspiciously.

"Well Dimitri what can I say, You should have known I would attempt to use my charm to lure Byleth into joining the Golden Deer class" Claude said while trying to nonchalantly put the piece of paper away. 

Dimitri glanced down and saw the paper "What is that?" Dimitri said gesturing to the paper.

"Ah that is a drawing that Ignatz made for me" Claude said "I wanted to show it to Byleth since it was really neat looking" Claude replied grabbing the paper and putting it away "Anyways it's getting late so I should head in for the night, Byleth I'll finish showing you the rest of Ignatz work another night" Claude said with a wink "Have a good night your princeliness" Claude added before walking off.

Byleth and Dimitri stood in silence together for a few moments "Ah so Dimitri you said you were looking for me?" Byleth asked.

"Right" Dimitri said "Actually it would have been Claude to hear this as well" He murmured "Anyways it seems that our class left quite an impression on Lysithea today, she asked to join our class and I accepted her joining" Dimitri stated,"so starting tomorrow she is an official Blue Lion" Dimitri enthused.

"That is great" Byleth said "I'm glad she decided to join us after-all" Byleth added. 

"Right," Dimitri said, they stood in awkward silence for a minute before Dimitri said goodnight to her. Once Dimitri left Byleth let out a sigh of relief, she was worried Dimitri would press her for more information on Claude's drawing. Byleth got up and made her way to the book shelf that Claude told her would be useful, she observed the large quantities of books and realized that her night had only begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401 14 9
Basically my other Fire Emblem Three hopes story, but this one takes place with the Blue Lions instead of the Black Eagles. This story picks up right...
20.7K 687 56
"We could have been great together, Teach." Even though Byleth had chosen to teach the Black Eagles, the Golden Deer house leader Claude von Riegan w...
2.2K 35 5
In order to escape, Byleth made a deal with the Goddess Sothis. As a result, Jeralt was avenged but at what price did she pay? Before Dimitri's eyes...
5.6K 92 15
Following the supposed death of Sephiroth, former First Class SOLDIER Cloud Strife traveled around Gaia searching for more work as a mercenary. Howev...