Strike At Midnight || Luka Co...

By ChocAlaine

【Complete! Thank you to everyone who stayed till the end!】 Selene LeClaire- hardly fluent in French- moved to... More

Prologue
Meet the Bat Miraculous
Chapter 1 ❧ Forget
Chapter 2 ❧ Maintain Normalcy
Chapter 3 ❧ Baking Buddies
Chapter 4 ❧ Picture Perfect
Chapter 5 ❧ Anti-Hero Debut
Chapter 6 ❧ The Collector
Chapter 7 ❧ Newfound Camaraderie
Chapter 8 ❧ Calling A Truce
Chapter 9 ❧ Hero Crash Course
Chapter 10 ❧ Bittersweet Cookies
Chapter 11 ❧ Sly Fox
Chapter 12 ❧ Lousy Co-op
Chapter 13 ❧ Remember
Chapter 14 ❧ Meeting Master Shou
Chapter 15 ❧ Heart to Heart
Chapter 16 ❧ Midnight Incident
Special Merry Christmas
Chapter 17 ❧ Wipe Your Tears
Chapter 18 ❧ Ladybug's Identity
Chapter 19 ❧ Reflect
Chapter 20 ❧ Special Sweetheart
Chapter 21 ❧ A Grand Exit
Chapter 22 ❧ Blue-eyed Knight
Chapter 23 ❧ World Turns Upside Down
Chapter 24 ❧ Blind Spot
Chapter 25 ❧ Repent
Chapter 26 ❧ Finale: Heroes Assemble
Chapter 27 ❧ Finale: Last Battle
Chapter 28 ❧ Aftermath
Editing Update
Epilogue ❧ Years Later

QnA

1.4K 65 39
By ChocAlaine

I wished to do this at least once haha.

Questions are from TerrificTofuocinidoQuill_And_Scroll and Existential_Crisis

Warning! There will be sketches/illustrations of my idea of my original characters, if you have your own image of Selene that you don't want to change, you can skip this.

And last screenshot. Hooray for 12.5k reads and 608 votes!

•●•●•●•●•

What's Selene's ethnicity?

Not trying to sound edgy or anything >.<

But Selene is half-french from her mother's side and half-Singaporean from his father's side. She can speak Chinese since in Singapore, it's compulsory to study Chinese or Malay or Tamil , etc.

Which is why she has peach-pink hair from her mom and dark brown eyes from her dad.

Did you have a specific reason as to why Selene is from Singapore?

Besides to have a reason for Selene to be able to speak Chinese, I wanted to create a background story that's somewhat related to my own. I migrated to Singapore like how Selene migrated to France. Plus, I'm not amazing with describing environments so it was easier on me to make Singapore the setting for the Midnight Incident. And Singapore is conveniently a multicultural society where being multilingual is not very rare.

What inspired you to write this story?

At the time, I just finished my O levels, I wanted to continue writing as a hobby, but didn't feel like writing another one-shot for Luka (lol yes). I wanted to challenge myself to write a full-length story, but I didn't think I could manage my time to actually complete one. What's easy about writing one-shots is that I would write one chapter and that's the end.

The reason that it's a Luka fanfiction is because he's my favourite chillax character in MLB and we all know he's not Marinette's endgame but he could be the fandom's. I loved to explore his kind personality, but surely, that's not his only character trait. And that is portrayed in this story.

And I had this idea for an original character and it couldn't leave me so I ended up drawing her first before any writing began.

Are bats your favourite animals or was it just something that fit for your story?

Bats are not my favourite but there are cute ones out there! I was actually deciding between a wolf and a stag because I had ideas for their special abilities. So I asked my sister for any new ideas for a new miraculous and she blurted out bat on a whim. I took note of it regardless and after a while, I thought it made much more sense; the ability to isolate and focus on a task one at a time when you have Selene who juggles work and multitasks. (Grimm believes in being clear-minded and that there's a time and place for everything while Selene believes that time is limited and nothing lasts forever so she has to be constantly on her feet.)

Also the bat is blind and has sensitive hearing which serves as Blood Bat's weakness.

Where did you get the idea/Did you come up with the concept  of the bat and sunbird miraculous all by yourself or were they inspired by other miraculous you has seen?

I view lots of ideas on Pinterest for the bat miraculous- mostly so I won't accidentally copy an idea someone already claimed. But I got general inspiration from there. The sunbird on the other hand is based on Singapore's national bird; Crimson Sunbird, which sounds fitting for the fictional superhero of Singapore.

Are the bat and sunbird kwami's friends despite their previous users being enemies?

Yup. Like how Nooroo and the other kwamis still care for one another. Sunbird kwami, Da-Xia, especially makes a fuss over anyone in particular about their health, safety, well-being, etc. Grimm is realistic and knows Da-Xia isn't malicious.

Will you write more chapter-length stories?

Yes, I would love to! But I still have countless one-shot ideas to write down first.

Do you see yourself writing more miraculous fanfics?

To be honest, no. Not a chapter-length at least. Not because I've lost interest, but because I have ideas for other fandoms. My goal is to write at least one story for every fandom I'm in. If anyone's interested to know, I'm considering Webtoon Lookism, anime Demon Slayers, multi-fandom Bad End Friends...

Did you make up the story as you go?

Of course not! I would have hit writer's block several times if that was the case. I planned out only 12 chapters since I wanted it short, but I came back to it and slipped new chapters in until there were 30 chapters in all. I had the ending in mind from the very beginning and there are no fillers.

Hard work creates good results and a greater sense of achievement.

How do you feel about fanart?

Glad you asked. If drawing my OCs is called making fanart for myself then yeah I love them. I enjoy drawing but it's mostly to remember the appearance of my OCs. So besides this, I have no plans to draw them again.

I have actual fanart from an artist! Would you look at that? Follow tsuzuki.moeha in Instagram!

Will you ever post a photo of how Blood Bat looks?

Yeah I can do it right now. This is my first attempt which I didn't quite like. I'm kinda embarrassed of it.

And this is my final attempt. I modified my art style a bit.

Will you write more about the children?

Nope. You've had your fill. Now be satisfied xD I actually brainstormed on what Adrienette's children would look and act like. They have the black hair because I think black would be the dominant genes and they keep Chat Noir's mischievous personality. And of course, they're twins. Marianne is named after Master Fu's lover (and Marinette herself maybe?) and Rolland is named after Marinette's grandfather.

I don't have a ship name for Selene and Luka because I think Luka is for everyone to love. Hahaha! Haruka is, as mentioned in the last chapter, similar to Selene's mom since he has the peach hair and blue eyes! Haruka is named after...every single Couffaine with the '-ka' in their first name.

That's all the questions!

•●•●•●•●•

As farewell, here's the final cookie for this story! I drew the children just a few years older after the last chapter. There's lots of inspiration from Pinterest on this one.

As you can see, planning, drawing and writing was for my own enjoyment and I'm glad others enjoyed it too.

Thank you for reading Strike At Midnight and see you around!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 231 12
!!!MILD CURSE WARNING!!! TAKES PLACE AFTER SEASON 3 Friendships are tested when Marinette makes a mistake, and reputations are at risk with a seeming...
110K 2.5K 26
Adrien had gotten into one of the biggest arguments he had ever had with his father, leading him to run from his home as his alter ego, Chat Noir. Th...
14.7K 426 26
As I went down the steps into the lower cabin, I walked into a room that seemed to lead to all the others . Turning to my right, I was slightly start...
13.6K 369 22
Chat Noir is the amazing superhero. Y/N is your average teenage girl. What could they have in common? Apparently everything. When Y/N transfers to a...