Emerald Rain

By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... More

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

A Day of Monastery Life

836 14 1
By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Byleth:

"Wake up!" Sothis shouted, This caught Byleth off guard since she wasn't expecting to hear shouting on the inside of her head, "I'm up" Byleth rebutted as she rose from her bed, Byleth still thought having Sothis in her head was a little strange but she also found comfort in knowing that she had Sothis with her and looking out for her.

Byleth left her room and began to go through what she needed to get done today since it was her first day off, Byleth decided to go to her Father Jeralt for more advice. She found her Father engaged in a conversation with that Leonie girl from the Golden Deer class, Byleth heard Leonie interrogating her Father on his age which didn't sit right with Byleth "Hey Kiddo" Jeralt said as he saw Byleth approach "I have something for you, it'll help with your upcoming mission but I'm afraid that I left it in my office" Jeralt added. 

Byleth nodded and told him she would go and retrieve it. Byleth chatted with Jeralt for a while before Leonie began grilling her for the information about Jeralt's age then she said goodbye to her Father and told him she would be sure to retrieve the thing from his office. Byleth made her way to her Father's office and on his desk she found a book that had a note with her name on it, hmm I guess this is what he was talking about Byleth thought as she inspected a book on battle tactics.

Byleth sat in Jeralts office for a while going over the book when she heard someone open the door "Captain Jeralt?" Byleth looked up and saw professor Hanneman entering the room "Oh Byleth! perfect timing I was looking for Jeralt to see if he knew where you were at" Hanneman said.

"You were looking for me?" Byleth asked, confused.

"Ah Yes you see I study crests as you know and I believe that you might have one and I would love to investigate it" he said, Byleth agreed and she followed Hanneman to his office so that he could find out if she did possess a crest. Hanneman had Byleth stand in the crest analyzer and it immediately went off showing that Byleth did in fact possess a crest. Professor Hanneman began discussing how he had never seen this crest before and he wanted to do more testing on her for it, Byleth agreed to the tests and then left Hanneman's office to enjoy the rest of her day off.

Byleth entered the dining hall she saw a girl with curled green hair and a dress that seemed to be from the officers academy. Byleth approached her and said hello, "Hello!" the girl replied "I am Seteths little sister flayn!" Flayn enthused, the girl proceeded to spend the next fifteen minutes talking to Byleth about fish and fishing and how at the monastery they have a dock so that people can fish. Before Byleth was about to leave to explore the parts of the monastery that she hadn't seen yet Flayn extended her hand out and gave her fish bait, Byleth thanked her for it and said goodbye.

Byleth made her way to the entrance of the monastery and there were different shops set up selling all kinds of wares. Byleth continued on into the entrance hall and then to the reception hall till she reached a long bridge that led to a cathedral, Byleth looked around and saw that it was filled with pews along the left and right on the inside of the cathedral. In there Byleth saw some church official that seemed to be freaking out about something and so she approached him to see if she could help and he told her that he needed three people to sing in a choir. Byleth said she would do it and she'll find others to join her too. Byleth ran into Hilda as she was exiting the cathedral and after a bit of persuading and offering to take over her shift in the greenhouse Hilda agreed to join in the choir. 

Hilda went ahead into the cathedral while Byleth searched for another person to sing with them, Byleth saw Dimitri in the reception hall he looked to be lost in thought "Dimitri?" Byleth called out to him.

Dimitri turned and looked at her and smiled "Ah- Byleth hello" he said "Is something the matter?" he questioned. Byleth proceeded to tell Dimitri that she needed to find another person to help the choir instructor. "I'm not very good at singing" Dimitri murmured.

"Neither am I, we can be bad together" Byleth rebutted. 

Dimitri chuckled at her comment "Alright I just wanted to give you forewarning, now lets be on our way I'd hate to keep the choir instructor waiting" Dimitri said, and they went on their way to the cathedral to join Hilda. 

The choir practice lasted roughly an hour once they were released Hilda turned to Byleth "That was fun! but I feel like we should have had a cute dance to go with it! Anyways, I'll see you later Byleth!" Hilda said while waving goodbye. 

Dimitri turned to Byleth and began telling her how singing was not easy "Say Byleth" Dimitri said taking a break from discussing singing "Would you like to accompany me in the dining hall?" Dimitri asked "I've worked up quite an appetite after that rehearsal" Dimitri added.

"Of course" Byleth said and the two of them made their way to the dining hall.

Dimitri and Byleth stayed together in the dining hall for quite some time, they were discussing their upcoming mission and how the Blue Lion class needs to work harder because real life battle is unpredictable. Byleth and Dimitri finally said their goodbyes and Byleth left from the dining hall.

The sun had already begun to set and Byleth realized she needed to do the gardening for Hilda. Byleth made her way into the greenhouse and in there she saw Edelgard staring at the flowers that had begun to bloom, Edelgard turned around and jumped up in fright when she saw Byleth "Byleth!?" Edelgard stammered "You frightened me you really should have made your presence known" Edelgard said to Byleth. 

"Ah I'm sorry, you seemed entranced by the flowers and I didn't want to disturb" Byleth said apologetically. 

Edelgard let out a laugh "Oh I'm only teasing you"Edelgard laughed. Once Edelgards laughter died down the two of them sat in silence both unsure of what to say to the other, Byleth felt a bit uneasy at times when ever she was around Edelgard, she could never figure out what she was thinking and it made Byleth uncomfortable she thought as she started to tend to the plants. "Byleth you don't mind if I stay in here do you?" Edelgard asked.

"not at all" Byleth said quickly "I'm glad, I know some people might find my presence to be a bit intimidating, it gets rather lonely when everyone your age runs away from you" Edelgard sighed. Byleth felt a pang of guilt hit her, maybe she had been to quick to judge her, "Anyways" Edelgard changed the subject "How are you liking the Blue Lions house?" She inquired "I still think that you would have been a valuable asset to the Black Eagles house, but oh well" Edelgard sighed "You know if you ever get tired of being in that house you can always switch into another house" Edelgard added. 

"Really?" Byleth questioned "Hmph I suppose Dimitri didn't tell you about that for a reason" Edelgard rumbled "Regardless I'm sure you will eventually see that my house is the superior choice" Edelgard added with a chuckle "Well I've taken up enough of your time Byleth, Thank you for keeping me company I'll see you around" Edelgard said.

"Have a good night Edelgard" Byleth said.

After Edelgard left Byleth sat in silence for a few minutes thinking about what Edelgard had said, maybe Byleth would be better suited in a different class, regardless of her doubts Byleth still didn't think the Black Eagles house would be better suited for her. 

Once Byleth finished with tending to the green house she went out to the dock and just sat there with her feet in the water "Good evening Byleth" Byleth turned around and saw Lysithea. 

"Hello Lysithea, would you like to join me?" Lysithea nodded and took a seat on the dock by Byleth "You know Byleth, you really shouldn't be out so late you might catch a cold" Lysithea scolded. 

"You're right" Byleth sighed. 

"I know we don't really know one another" Lysithea said "but are you doing ok? you seem a bit off today".

Byleth paused for a second and told Lysithea of what happened with Edelgard in the greenhouse "Hmmm, It seems to me she wanted to psych you out so you would join her class" Lysithea said "If I were you I'd stick to that class they seem like a good bunch" She added "In fact I've been wanting to join your class on a mission so I could see if joining the Blue Lions would be a good choice for me " Lysithea said. Byleth told Lysithea that she would tell Dimitri so that Lysithea would be ok to join them for it, and that she was certain the Blue Lions would be glad to have her if she did join.

After chatting for a while longer Byleth and Lysithea parted ways for the night. Byleth made her way to her room for the night, Byleth felt a little stupid for having gotten so worked up over Edelgards words she felt grateful that Lysithea talked sense into her before she impulsively switched into another class. Before Byleth went to bed she decided to read the book her father gave her to help with her tactics for her upcoming mission, she read a few chapters into it before her eyes grew heavy and Byleth drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 553 26
As the new female professor takes the job of tutoring the Blue Lions, everyone was filled with joy. But as months have passed Dimitri starts to feel...
22.3K 427 25
A transfer student, Kendall Carvalho, enrolls in the Officers Academy at Garreg Mach. She didn't know what to expect on her first day, many surprises...
352 18 9
After the defeat of Rhea and Thales, the Adrestian Empire prepares for battle with Dimitri and The Kingdom in one final confrontation. At the capital...
5.6K 92 15
Following the supposed death of Sephiroth, former First Class SOLDIER Cloud Strife traveled around Gaia searching for more work as a mercenary. Howev...