Struck (Dan Howell, Phil Lest...

By nathans0

Macy Green was never popular at school. She was bullied and was very insecure about herself, and just after f... More

Chapter 2: "Why do you hate me?"
Chapter 3: Explanation
Chapter 4: Twins
Chapter 5: An afternoon with The Wanted
Chapter 6: Breakfast
Chapter 7: "Why did you have to go?"
Chapter 8: Date..?
Chapter 9: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 10: I'm Sorry
Chapter 11: Interrupted
Chapter 12: Bite My Tongue
Chapter 13: Weetos
Chapter 14: Intoxication

Chapter 1: Arriving in New York

31.5K 268 36
By nathans0

[Outfit in the sidebar]

I wheeled my fairly light suitcase out of the arrivals gate and sighed. The jet lag was killing me. Huffing out a big breath of air, I walked briskly towards the big glass elevators up to the second floor to get out of the airport. When I reached it, I joined the long queue and frowned. There was a large group of old age pensioners at the front of the queue, all slowly getting onto the lift. Knowing how impatient I was and how mad I would get, I decided against the elevator and exited the queue. I wheeled my suitcase past the lift and towards the stairs. Breathing out slowly, I pulled on both straps of my backpack and lifted my suitcase onto the first and second step. A long strand of my hair fell onto my face and I let go of my suitcase to clip it back. Big mistake. As soon as I let go of the handle, the suitcase just toppled over and fell down to the bottom. I swore quietly and went back down to pick it up, but I was stopped by someone holding me back and rushing past.

"Are you okay?" He asked with his back to me. He had a familiar British accent, which confused me. An English person, in America? I sighed and scratched the back of my neck. He stood up and propped my suitcase upright, then turned around to look at me. I had to bite my lip to not scream out.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks." I replied quietly.

"Hey, I recognise you! Macy, right?" He grinned and I nodded.

"That's me." I bit down harder on my lip and grinned.

"I watch your videos on YouTube!" He chuckled.

"I watch yours!" I laughed too. I looked up the stairs and grinned even more.

"So, Dan, what brings you to America?" I asked, looking between the two of them.

"We'll talk in a second; let me take this up for you." Dan smiled and picked up my suitcase, making it seem effortless for him. I jogged up after him and greeted Phil at the top. He was waiting with their suitcases.

"Thank you so much!" I grabbed them both and we had a very weird group hug. I pulled away from them and beamed.

"No problem!" Dan chuckled.

"So as I said before, what brings you here?" I asked both of them as we wheeled out suitcases out the airport.

"We just decided a holiday was in order." Dan squinted due to the harsh sunlight. He pulled out a pair of Ray Bans and put them on.

"I'm visiting my girlfriend too." Phil beamed. I remember his video about introducing her to the internet world.

"What about you?" Dan asked me.

"Well Mr Howell, I thought a holiday was in order!" I giggled and he rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Where are you staying?" Phil asked me and I paused. I hadn't actually planned anything. No hotel, no car, no nothing. I bit my lip and frowned.

"I haven't got one. I don't really plan ahead..." I looked at the floor and felt a surge of blood rush to my face.

"Aw don't worry; I'm sure there's more than enough room in the apartment we're staying at." Phil patted my back and I smiled up at him. "C'mon, we should get a taxi to the house then."

Soon after, I hailed a taxi and all three of us managed to shove our suitcases into the boot and we clambered into the car, with me and Phil at the back, Dan at the front. They told the driver where the apartment building was, and he turned on the radio to a local station and drove off. The three of us chatted about random things, and generally just messed around. I learned a lot about them and they did about me, and I genuinely felt like I was truly friends with some people. As the car slowed down and stopped outside a large and modern building, I opened my mouth in shock.

"You're staying here?"

"Yep!" They said in unison and chuckled.

"Wow..." I gazed at the white marble steps leading up the grand entrance as we took out our suitcases.

"C'mon then." Phil said as Dan paid the taxi driver. We walked up the steps; Dan carried up my suitcase again, and walked to the front desk.

"May I help you?" The receptionist said in a high nasally voice.

"Yes, me and my friend Phil are here to check in." He shot a grin at her. She flicked her bleach blonde hair and fluttered her eyelashes.

"No problem sir, I like your accent." She winked at him and I rolled my eyes.

"Can we also have a room next to ours? For Macy here." He put an arm around my shoulder and I smiled awkwardly.

"I'll check." She said bitterly to me.

"Thank you." I said quietly and looked over to Phil, who was on the phone with a big smile on his face. A few minutes later the elevator pinged and a tall girl with brown eyes and dark brown hair ran out and she embraced Phil. I awed as they kissed each other. I felt Dan shudder beside me.

"What is it?" I chucked at him.

"That's my sister..." He scowled and I laughed.

"Really? She's so pretty." I sighed happily. As I said that, Phil and the girl turned to face Dan and I and they walked over, Phil pulling the baggage with him.

"Hey baby bro!" The girl beamed.

"Hey Rachel." Dan chuckled and went to hug his sister.

"Is this your girlfriend?" She asked him, gesturing to me. I blushed and looked at my feet. Did it look like I was?

"No, we're friends. Macy is a YouTuber too!" Dan smiled and put his arm over my shoulder again. I giggled and brushed his arm off. The receptionist coughed abruptly and we all turned to her.

"There is a spare room available next to yours from tomorrow afternoon, but the cleaners will have to sort it out, so there's one technically available in two days time."

"Is there any other rooms near?" I bit my lip.

"There's one two floors down." She snapped back at me.

"Wait what floor are we on?" I asked Phil.

"The 56th floor. Just below the penthouse." He smiled back.

"Wow. Um, I could have the room on floor 54 then..."

"No. You can stay with us for the two days, there will be room." Dan grinned and hugged me sideways.

"So it's sorted. I'll book the room next to theirs when it's ready." I told the receptionist. She chewed her gum and nodded once.

"I'll put that down for you." She changed her expression completely to talk to Dan. "Here are your room keys sir, have a lovely stay."

"Thanks." We all walked to the elevators and as we walked, Rachel introduced herself. She's 24 and Dan's older sister, she has been dating Phil for a year and she thinks he's the love of her life. She looks just like him, but not many people know who she is. I pressed the 'Up' button and we waited in silence for the lift to come down. When it reached the ground floor and the doors opened, I was about to step into it when some people pushed past me and I fell to the floor, landing on my bum. I shot my head up to glare at whoever it was, but just saw five guys running towards the entrance. The tall handsome one turned around quickly and apologised. He was Irish?

I was about to get up when I felt Dan's hands on my waist, helping me up. I smiled up at him and we stood there for a fraction of a second, then he let go of me. We stood in the elevator and waited until it stopped at the 56th floor. One by one, we filed out and walked to the room.

"Room 568, here we go!" Phil slid the key in the lock and the door slid into the wall. We all stared at it in awe.

"What just happened?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know, but it was cool! Wait, stand inside the room and see what happens." I said and we all clambered into the small entry room. After a few seconds the door slid shut on its own and the key shot out the side of the door facing us and into a clear catching area underneath. We all stood there staring at the door.

"Did it just pull the key from the other side, through the door?" Dan asked. Rachel, Phil and I nodded.

"Cool!" We all said in unison and turned to open the second door, and to our disappointment, this one opened normally. As soon as the door swung open, we could not say a word. It was the most amazing apartment any of had ever seen.

We all looked around the room in shock. The room we walked into was extremely sleek and modern. Everything matt black and glass. I was the first to walk to the large curved sofa and sat down on it. I stroked the smooth white leather and slid my feet out of my shoes and ran my feet through the thick black fluffy rug. I put my phone on the glass coffee table, making a loud clang noise. I picked up the TV remote and looked up at the large LCD TV. I decided against switching it on and laid the remote back down on the table. I glanced around the room and saw we had our own mini-bar in the corner, by the kitchen. I got up and let my backpack slide off my shoulders and it flopped down on the sofa quietly. Spotting thick curtains covering a whole side of the room, I went over and threw them open and was genuinely speechless. The large balcony was scattered with potted plants and had a small glass table and chairs in one corner. I opened the sliding doors and stepped out, in awe at the sight in front of me. To my left was the large expanse of sea, and I could see the long beach stretching out. I turned my gaze towards the right and saw the bright lights of the city. I glanced at my watch and it said it was nearly 8pm and I hadn't eaten anything all day, apart from the bad plane food.

"It's nice, isn't it?" A voice said beside me. I turned to look beside me, and Dan was there staring out to sea.

"It's beautiful." I said quietly and a warm breeze made my hair flutter slightly. I turned my head to look inside the room, but Rachel and Phil were nowhere to be seen. I turned back around and Dan had moved closer to me than I remember him being.

"We should get something to eat, shouldn't we?" He asked me and we faced each other.

"It's okay; you go ahead and order room service. I'm too tired. I'll eat something big in the morning." I yawned subconsciously and walked back into the living room area. I glanced at the three doors to my left and the single one to my right and decided to investigate who was staying where.

I went to the left and spotted Phil's suitcase outside one of the rooms; Dan's outside the other and opened the third. It was a massive bathroom with a hot tub and a whole wall which was just a mirror. I closed it and peeped in both Dan and Phil's rooms. They were both exactly the same, but mirroring each other, and the only difference that in Phil's, him and Rachel were having a round of tonsil tennis. I smiled and shook my head at the floor, and backed out, shutting the door quietly. I walked over to the other side of the apartment, and on my way, saw Dan still staring out into the horizon on the balcony. A cold breeze blew past him, sending a shiver through the apartment. I shuddered and walked briskly to the other room, where my suitcase was left outside the door.

I manoeuvred my suitcase out of the way so I could open the door, and gasped when it swung outwards. They gave me the biggest room. I looked inside timidly and saw the large double bed in the middle of the room, and two doors leading to other rooms. I looked in further and saw a desk, a sofa. Yes, a sofa! There was also a smaller TV and an empty bookshelf. I saw the same thick curtains covering up one wall and flung them open to reveal my own private balcony. I sighed contentedly, wheeled my suitcase into the room, closed the door and shut the curtains, then flopped down onto the bed and fell straight asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 14.6K 17
Dan's the new kid in school, expelled from his last for threatening a teacher. Dan's family hoping this will be a new start, don't know their son's b...
683 49 19
Charlie has never been happy. When things around her are perfect, it doesn't take long for them to come crashing back down again. But the things taki...
94.3K 2.3K 42
Two guys. On two different sides. Paige Lawrence is your average girl who by pure chance gets attacked on her way to a party. Lucky for her, she gets...
667 26 26
Phil Lester, or known as PhilLion to his internet friends, is a 17 year old teen living in the U.K. He has no friends, everyone thinks he's weird. B...