The Game Changer | a Dead by...

By Thorismyslut

[ DISCONTINUED ] You were walking in the woods with your dog at night, both enjoying the peace and quiet. But... More

A walk in the woods
A shocking trial
Ezio for president
Sweet dreams
The Newbies
a Weird Trial
The spies
The Change

Bloody mess

2.5K 83 30
By Thorismyslut

You woke up alone in an ancient japanese building, the building was fully lit with red lanterns and japanese handwriting written on the walls. A big stone statue stood in the middle of the platform, a person beheaded by something, or someone incredibly strong. It was losing it's left arm and right hand as well. As if it were cut off by a blade.

You were on the high ground, that's for sure. You leaned on a handrail and you watched the big view of the entire map. Patches of tall grass covered the scenery with big stones scattered around the generators. The air had a small scent of insence and candles that made you calm.

You snapped out of your thoughts and decided to work on the generator right next to you. You forced your hands into the generator, a shiver went down your spine as you touched the cold steel. You sometimes would be scared if your hands would be caught up in the generator, or when the generator was about to explode.

You completed the wiring and turned the buttons and handles clockwise until you heard a small click. You continued to pull on a handle, but you  cut yourself on something sharp instead. "Ah, shoot!" You cried out as you put your right wrist to your lips. A rich metallic taste covered your lips, once the pain faded a bit you took the chance to look at your wrist. There was a very deep 2 inch cut, blood kept spurting out the more you looked at it, you panicked and didn't know what to do. Multiple drops of blood fell on the ground as you tried to stop the bleeding.

You decided to set the problem aside and continued working on the generator, not wanting to waste any more time. The inside of the generator got coated in your own blood after a while. Your eyes widened as you heard loud stomping from downstairs coming your way. Your heartbeat intensified. you caught your breath and quickly hid behind the paper walls.

Your heart began beating faster and faster as a tall muscular man made his way on the stairs. White strands of hair followed behind him as he walked towards the generator which was halfway done. Once you saw his full appearance you immediately knew who it was, Kazan Yamaoka. Rin's great grandfather, the Entity's newest, yet most brutal pet.

He let out a rough huff as he saw the amount of blood on the generator. You mentally sighed and held your wrist to your mouth. Kazan kicked the generator with full force, all that work you put into the machine was all for nothing.. You thought he'd go away but instead he reached out his hand, blood started floating above the generator ever so slightly. His long, sharp nails guided the blood to his palm, cleaning the generator completely. There was no single drop of blood left to be found, except on the floor. A little trail you left behind while hiding from the Oni.

Your eyes widened as you gained the thought that you might get caught. He could track you in no-time! You crawled towards the stone steps leading towards the tall grass. "Hey Hothead! Yeah you! Over here!" A female voice shouted in the distance, you soon found out the voice belonged to Yui. Kazan snapped his head her way and let out a heavy sigh, "Kuzo." He cursed under his breath. And with that, he stomped off.

You let out a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat from your forehead. you crouched towards the now clean generator, trying your best to watch your wrist that was still pouring. You continued to pull on the handles and to turn buttons. A loud hum roared through the entire area as a generator from the other side of the map was done. you smiled to yourself, 4 more generators to go. Your smile quickly faded as you heard a female scream. it probably was Yui who challenged Kazan before.

You finished the generator as soon as possible, screwing the remaining screws in place. Another bloodcurdling scream followed not long after, Yui got thrown on a hook that wasn't that far away from you. Once you fully repaired the generator another loud hum was heard around the entire area. You sprinted down the stairs in attempt to help Yui off the hook.

You heard Yui whimpering as she dangled from left to right on the hook. You grabbed her waist and hoisted her off the hook. "Patch me up as well, will you?" She demanded with sass.

You were taken aback, you just saved her from being dead meat on a hook, and this is how she treats you? "I'm sorry.. I don't really know how to treat your wounds, I've never got the cha-" She cut you off and put her hand on your mouth. In the height of the moment, you hear something. The ever quick approach of a heartbeat. "Don't. Say. A. Word." She whispered. The two of you quickly crouched away from the scene, you decided to hide behind a big rock again.

Kazan collected the remaining blood that painted the ground with his so called powers. He let out a loud huff and looked at his hands. His veins went dark red and a red flame emitted from his mask. His godly white hair floated in the air in harmony. He let out a big roar of rage that could be heard throughout the whole area. Goosebumps appeared all over your body as you trembled back in fear. Kazan snatched his Kanabō that rested on his back and dashed towards Yui with insane speed.

You ran away as fast as you could and noticed a chest in the distance. Knowing that the Oni was far away, you walked towards the chest, this is the first time you've ever encountered a chest, they were bigger than you expected them to be though. You opened the chest and searched for something useful, it was full of wrenches and screws, which made a lot of noise while shoving them aside.

Something deep red appeared on the bottom of the chest, it was a red box with a white cross glued to it. You pulled it out of the chest and noticed that it was a med-kit, perfect!

You opened the med-kit to see what was inside of it. There were multiple bandages and gel dressings put roughly in place, nothing else was found in the med-kit though.

You grabbed the bandage and started rolling it around your wrist, trying to mesmerize the medical training you had in primary school.

You eventually ended up with a fully bandaged wrist, you used a paperclip to prevent the bandage from rolling out.

Nailed it.

You brought the med-kit with you just in case anyone else would be in need for help, and went to look for another generator. 3 very loud strikes struck in the ground from afar, 3 loud screams followed as well. It must've been Kazan's Kanabō.

Everyone was down except for you and you still had 3 generators to go, great. You heard Feng's screaming while she was being put on the hook.

You crouched towards the place you thought your teammates were. You could see Kazan picking up Laurie on his shoulder, now's your chance to save Feng. You ran towards Feng and hoisted her off the hook. "Thank you, [Y/N]. We need to prevent ourselves from bleeding, I've figured that the Oni feeds from blood." Feng quickly thanked.

You tossed the med-kit to Feng, "Here, I don't need it anymore. You can have it."

Feng cracked a happy smile, "Thank you, [Y/N]. I'll use it well."

You saw Laurie being brought to a hook in the distance. "Don't worry, I'll save her. You need to look for another generator as soon as possible. I can't have you dying on a hook as well" Feng remarked.

You nodded and went to look for a generator. You spotted one behind a boulder as you decided to work on it from now on.

You slipped through the tall grass with ease. You started off with the wiring, matching yellow with yellow, Blue with blue, red goes with red and so on.

When you heard Laurie's screech on the hook you accidentally let the generator explode. You glued your hands to your face to stop the sparks from jumping in your face.

Yui and Feng's screaming were heard again. They were trying to save Laurie from the hook but failed miserably. You facepalmed and stood up. "You have to be kidding me."

While Kazan brought Yui to his shoulder, you went for the save in attempt to get Laurie off the hook. You ran towards her without looking back, it's the least you could do for your team.

Yui screamed behind your back. All this tension, people constantly getting caught, made you incredibly exhausted.

You grabbed Laurie by her waist and hoisted her off the hook. A small whimper escaped her lips as a disgusting noise came from the hook.
"Thank you so much.. We have to leave now.. He's coming." She breathed out.

You looked over your shoulder and saw Kazan stomping your way, "Run, Laurie!" You shouted after her. You ran away in the other direction, trying to turn the attention to you. Even though he was a brutal killing machine that scared you shitless, you couldn't let someone get hooked again.

Kazan collected Laurie's blood from the hook while he followed your scratch marks. You were way slower than him, that's for sure. You vaulted a window and ran as far away as you could.

You did everything you could to try and escape in Kazan's sight. His fierce red eyes followed every single movement you made, never shifting his gaze away from you. Adrenaline rushed through your veins, his steps were getting closer and closer, until you could see his shadow on the ground hovering above yours. A huge painful sting sliced through your hip,  the sharp cold blade cut through your skin like butter. You let out a desperate cry, still putting all your effort in your legs. Blood gushed out from your side, allowing Kazan to collect your blood with ease.

You gained all the energy within you and made a final sprint. Kazan was still on your tracks, steadying his blade for another strike. You eventually slowed down after, being worn-out from the chase. Kazan soon landed another hit on you, making you fall down face first into the ground.

You made an attempt to stand up but your body disagreed. You tried crawling away from Kazan, it was the only thing you could do. You couldn't even look at him, too afraid on making the situation even worse.

Kazan grabbed your right arm and looked at your bandaged wrist, you let out a squeal. "Omoshiroi.." He muttered out while inspecting your wrist. Maybe he's never seen anyone with a bandage in a trial before?

You didn't have the strength to fight back because of major blood loss. blood continuously oozed out your thigh because of Kazan's blade. A cold, large hand made contact with your waist as it hoisted you up with ease. He slung your body over his shoulder. You didn't bother fighting back, there was no way you could match up to Kazan's strength.

The generator you previously worked on turned out to be fully repaired, a loud hum could be heard throughout the entire map. You smiled to yourself while being on the killer's shoulder, 2 more generators left.

Kazan stomped towards a hook. He forcefully put you on the hook as you let out a shrill scream, the dirty hook tearing your skin inside out. You kept wondering how you still were alive. He stared at your twisted face of agony and pain and how the intensity of your clenched shut eyes wouldn't be enough to calm down the immense pain you must have been feeling.

Kazan eventually walked away trying to look for the other survivors. You whimpered and looked straight down at the ground in attempt to stop you from dangling on the hook. You didn't want to make the pain worse.

You've been hanging on the hook for at least a minute now. You noticed Laurie running towards you, throwing a pallet at Kazan in the process. She quickly hoisted you off the hook and pointed to the right, "Go, now. I can hold him off with this." She told you as she grabbed a piece of glass from her pocket. Without having the chance to question her words you nodded.

You ran as fast as you could towards the nearest generator, Feng and Yui were currently working on it. It was three quarters away from finishing so you joined them in for the last second. Feng turned her head your way and retreated her hands from the generator. "Wait, stay there. Let me patch you up." Feng said as she used her hands to shush you.

Feng used her bare hands to heal you. You had your back bend over while sitting in a squatting posistion. You noticed Yui scoffing and rolling her eyes while she connected the wiring, you shrugged it off and ignored her by turning your head in another direction. Feng rubbed your shoulder to signal you that she was done. You stood up straight and stretched a bit, to your wonder the pain was completely gone. It's impossible to heal someone that fast from a major flesh wound, right?

You reached your hand to your back and felt nothing except a scar. "Thank you so much Feng.. How did you do that?" Feng tilted her head, "What? Oh, I learned it from Claudette, she's the pro." Feng smiled.

You joined Feng and Yui on repairing the generator until it was done. Another loud hum roared through the entire map yet again. 1 more generator to go, you might make it out again.

Kazan stomped your way with Laurie in front of him. Feng's breath hitched as she quickly hid in the tall grass, you decided to do the same. Yui on the other hand had other idea's in her head. She ran towards the oni with full speed and dropped a pallet right in front of his face, making him grunt.

Kazan was pissed.

He roared in rage as his fierce red eyes started to glow, his godly white hair floating in the air like waves yet again. He grabbed his Kanabō from his back and broke the pallet in one hit. He ran towards Yui in anger and slammed his Kanabō on her head with full force. Yui fell down on the ground immediatly with her face showing a lot of regret.

You sneaked off, not wanting to watch Yui get tortured much longer. You wandered around, trying to look for generators. You saw Laurie running off in the distance with a flashlight in her hands. You noticed that Feng was not far behind you, "[Y/N], we have to move as fast as we can.. This is Yui's last hook." Feng trailed off.

You cocked your head to the side, "Last hook? What do you mean?"

Feng sighed and sat in front of you, "Well, you can only be hooked at the maximum of 3 times. Nothing happends when you're on your first hook, you just stay still. The second hook however, is hard to go through. The Entity's claws will try and kill you, you have to hold them off with your bare hands in order to survive. And the third hook.. You instantly die." She explained blunt.

Your breath hitched, your first hook was already painful enough. "Come on, we have to go." Feng repeated. You hastily nodded and followed her lead.

The two of you quickly got to repair another generator. It was almost like Feng knew the map from the top of her head. You heard Yui's final scream from afar. soon after you saw the Entity's black claws ascending from a portal in the sky. They grabbed Yui's dead body from the hook and brought her into the portal.

"I know.. I'm sorry you had to see that, it happens a lot when it comes to trials." Feng trailed off. 

You wondered where Laurie was, perhaps she was still stuck with Kazan. You turned the button on the generator clockwise and waited for a click.

You heard Kazan's weapon hit the ground once again, you expected a shrill scream soon after but nothing came.

You felt a wave of relief, you knew Laurie was smart. Feng finished up the generator, people have been speaking very fondly of Feng when it came to generators. She could repair them two times faster than others would, you couldn't deny that you were glad to have her on your team.

A loud hum roared through the entire area, so did the exit gates. Feng beckoned you to follow her, and so you did. Both of you ran towards the other side of the map to find the exit gates.

You were filled with hope, you knew you'd make it out.

Feng turned the handle of the exit gate, waiting for the three red lightbulbs to lit up. You saw Laurie running towards Feng while you were hiding nearby.

The three red lights lit up just in time, or so you thought. Feng and Laurie rushed through the gates, but you got slowed down by a sharp blade that pierced through your side.

"Mada mada.." A rough and extremely low voice muttered behind you.

You fell down and looked over your shoulder, it was Kazan of course. Feng was already running through the fields where the killer couldn't go, Laurie on the other hand still waited for you. Her breath hitched as she saw Kazan stomping towards her. Laurie didn't really have a choice except running through the fields, so she did the only thing she could. She mouthed an apology at you with a sad expression on her face.

You accepted your fate, there was no way you could fight against the Oni. He picked you up and threw you on the nearest hook.

The Entity's spider like claws immediately tried to stab your stomach, you got ahold of one claw but you unintentionally let it slip the second you caught it. The claws forced themselves through your heart.

Everything went black. There was nothing left, just eternal darkness.

"Sumimasen."

- • -

You woke up floating into space. It was pitch black.

"I've noticed there's a lot going on in my realm lately." An unknown voice whispered in your ears.

You looked around you, trying to find out where the voice came from. "You are not supposed to be in here, child. There's a Plucky Documentarian supposed to enter this realm tomorrow, not some pesky dog owner."

You scoffed, "Then why don't you bring me back to where I came from?" You asked while crossing your arms.

"I enjoy seeing your desperate actions, I'm looking forward to feasting on your soul." The whispers nonchalantly answered.

You cringed, not wanting to go through that. "Oh, don't you dare worry about that my child. You'll be back by the campfire in no-time.

"So.. You can spectate the survivors while in a trial?" You asked sheepishly.

The voice laughed, "Oh, darling. I can see anything in this realm."

"If you did, then why didn't you just tell me earlier?" You interrogated.

The voice sighed, "I'm too lazy to kill survivors myself, I'd rather see a little play before my meal. The killers are doing a great job making the survivors scared as well, fear in those hopeless souls is delicious. Oh this is getting off topic, happy travels [Y/N]."

The voice faded away. You noticed that the darkness started to fade as well, you were back at the camp.

[A/N] bruh I actually did it. So like Kazan only speaks Japanese and a little bit of broken English as well. Rin is trying to teach Kazan how to speak English rn. Here's the translation of the Japanese words

Kuzo - Damn/Shit

Omoshiroi - interesting

Mada mada - not good enough

Sumimasen - formal way of saying sorry

Inspired by Genji from overwatch :) [Word count: 3225]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 11 8
Front cover by Angus Satanae on Twitter ___ I just wanna start this of by saying that requests are open. ___ What my comments mean ❤️-I liked your c...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
151K 3.8K 17
When you wake up in the woods all alone, you wonder how you got there; especially when you wander fearfully around an abandoned estate. You learn tha...