|| Beauty and The Beast || (...

By Mamree

1st Runner up in Choice Award 2019 Winner of 3rd position in Limelight Award 2020 #Standalone A ruthless... More

Disclaimer
Story Synopsis
1 ~ Beauty~
2 ~Beginning~
3 ~ Blooming Bond ~
4 ~ Broken ~
5 ~ Bitter Past
6 ~ Being Close ~
7 ~ Being Yours ...Legally ~
Glimpse of Next Part
8 ~ Beside You... Always ~
9 ~ Beautiful Moments ~
Important Announcement
10 ~ Breathless Moments Of Togetherness ~
11 ~ Being Yours... Ritually ~
12 ~ Being Reborn ~
13 ~ Because You Are My Wife ~
Glimpse of Next Part
14 ~Best Friend... Such A Pain....~
15 ~ Behind The Veil ~
16 ~ Burning Desire ~
17 ~ Burning Together ~
18 ~ Beast's Broken Dream
Glimpse Of Next Part
19 ~ Brother After all
20 ~ Brutal Ugly Truth ~
Hello Lovely
21 ~ Broken Pieces Of Past ~
My Lovely Readers, Followers and Friends...
22 ~ Be My Solace ~
23 ~ Beloved Son ~
24 ~ Beast's Return ~
Glimpse Of The Next part
26 ~ Broken Illusion : Part-2 ~
~ Choice Award~
Question To The Character
27 ~ Broken Illusion : Part -3 ~
28 ~ Breaking Down ~
~Answers By The Character ~
29 ~ Being Confused ~
30 ~ Because I am a Fool ~
31 ~ Because I Love You Dammit ~
32 ~ Blooming In Your Love
~Limelight Award 2020~
33 ~ Beyond Everything ~
34~ Being Your Soulmate~
35 ~ Bacio Alla Francese ( French Kiss) ~
36 ~ Blissfully Together : 1
Teaser
37 ~Blissfully Together 2~
~Cherish Fan Award 2020~
38 ~ Becoming Mine...Forever ~
39~ Becoming Mine.. Forever 2~
40~ Burning Passion ~
~Glimpse Of Next Part~
41 ~ Behind The Shadow :1~
42 ~ Because You Are My Life :1 ~
43 ~ Because You Are My Life : 2~
44 ~ Blurred ~
45 ~ Behind The Shadow 2 ~
46 ~Broken Heaven : 1~
47 ~ Bowing Down Before The Devil :1 ~
48 ~ Bowing Down Before The Devil: 2 ~
49~ Because You Are My Life : 3 ~
50 ~Broken Heaven 2 ~
51 ~ Be Safe .... My Love ~
52 ~ Beginning Of A New Life ~
53 ~ Beauty and The Beast ( Last Chapter ) ~
~Thank You ~
~ Curtain Raiser : Final Banner ~

25 ~ Broken Illusion : Part -1 ~

14K 917 126
By Mamree

Dedicated to priyathakur001, Ananya_malik, atom_brown_eyes, Raginikumari4,

and too all my readers and friends...

25 ~ Broken Illusion : Part-1 ~

Present day....

RM...

Late Night...

Khushi's thought was broken when she heard the sound of the car in the porch... the white SUV indicates who has arrived finally..Taking deep breath Khushi hurriedly came down and went towards the guest room... she will never show her broken heart to Arnav...

She will leave eventually after 9 days anyways... she will be strong... she have to ... with that Khushi lays down closing her eyes waiting to welcome another sleepless night... but after few restless moment Khushi did what she was not willing to, she just took a sleeping pill and lie down. She badly wanted to sleep otherwise this pain in her heart will surely chocked her in a silent death... specially after seeing Arnav with another woman broken her heart into million pieces...

Arnav Ray slowly entered in the living room of Ray Mansion. Silence which is prevailed in the area engulfed his heart. His eyes searched for the familiar petite figure of his wife who always waited for him in the living room whenever he is late at his work. Arnav takes a deep breath to calm his raising heartbeat.

2 days, 2 long fucking days he did not saw Khushi, did not even hear her voice.

" Whose fault it was ?" Arnav's heart fumed while he smiled sadly. Just 2 days and he felt his breath is leaving him. How on earth he will survive without Khushi ??

Arnav knew he needed to see Khushi right now.. With long strides he took the stairs and entered in his room. Switching on the light he looked frantically for the person for whom his heart is yearning for. But there is none.. suddenly, Arnav remembered that he himself had told Khushi to shift to guest room.

Without thinking further Arnav almost ran towards the guestroom and stands infront of it. " Khushi must be sleeping , you moron.. Don't disturb her, you don't have the right.." his heart hissed but Arnav gave no ear. Finally gathering his all courage Arnav was about to knock but find that the door is not locked from inside.. Slowly he opens the door and entered. His frantic heart finds his solace when his eyes landed on the sleeping beauty on the bed.

Taking measured steps Arnav stands besides Khushi and his hungry eyes drank her beauty. She is looking so pale, there is worry line in her forehead. Arnav observed her face more keenly and found the dried tear drops.

" So, she was crying.. and it was because of me..." Arnav's heart churns in pain and his eyes too got moisten. He remembered his heartless act few days before. How he had hurt Khushi, how badly he had almost thrown her out from their room, how badly he reminded Khushi about the contract marriage and how brutally he went to London for business trip without even informing her. Arnav knew how hard it was for him to not call her for those 2 days..

Arnav's self loathing session was interrupted when he heard some whimpering sounds. Arnav 's eyes immediately landed on Khushi and the scene infront of him, took his breath away. Khushi was whimpering in her sleep , murmuring something while her lips were trembling. Without thinking much Arnav placed his hands on Khushi's hand and like a signal she murmured something which froze Arnav in his place.

" Arnav..." Khushi's slow whispered shook Arnav.. " Did she recognized my touch in her sleep??" Arnav wondered.

Arnav's thought was again interrupted when he saw few tear drops rolled down from Khushi's eyes. " Don't cry... Khushi.. please don't.." but Khushi whimpered more making Arnav's breath hitched .. Arnav felt too helpless seeing Khushi in that much pain and without thinking much Arnav slowly pecked Khushi's forehead. And to his surprise, Khushi's whimpering slow down but the moment Arnav slowly remove his hands from Khushi's, the clear frown of Khushi's forehead was visible again... Arnav immediately put his hands over Khushi again and placed a warm, lingering kiss over her forehead while slowly whispered, "Sleep Khushi, I am here..."

**********

Arnav was the one who wake up from his sleep first.Looking at the surrounding realization dawns upon him. He is in guest room and slept here last night sitting on the chair itself, holding Khushi's hand.

Arnav looks at Khushi's face which looks so serene.. He was admiring Khushi when his phone rang. Looking at the caller ID Arnav remembers today is the day, the D day.. He smirked a little remembering how within few hours he is going to break the castle of the Mallik. But he has to do everything rightly, few hours left.. So, Arnav finally stands up from his place and was about to exist but looked back for the last time.

Slowly he bend down towards a sleeping Khushi and whispered in her ear, "Today is the D day Khushi, my last war against the Mallik.. Give me the strength sweetheart. I know I have hurt you a lot.. But I promise I will give our relationship a chance. I will take a risk.. After today, I will definitely talk with you, let you know about my insecurities and then this time you will decide.. Because I have understood in this 2 day Khushi, it's impossible for me now to live without you." With a final peck on Khushi's forehead Arnav left the room.

But little did he know that within this 2 days, his negligence, few irrational hurtful words are not only the cause which shaken up Khushi but an incident had shaken her believe on Him... and if believe and trust are shaken , it's really hard to hold on the relationship..

*********

Khushi woke up from her deep sleep feeling very refresh. After so long she had a sound sleep. Khushi could not help but think is it because she took an anxiolytic drug or because of the dream she saw.

Yes, last night she had a dream that Arnav came to her. Not only Arnav came in this room but he said sorry to her, he held her hands the whole night, whispered sweet nothing, kissed her on forehead like as usual and promised her to make everything alright.

Khushi sigh a little, dreams are far far better than the cruel reality and Arnav, Arnav is truly the King in the dream, unlike the beast in reality.

But was he really a beast towards her?? Khushi Knew the answer very well but does not want to ponder over it in the early morning so she got up from the bed and went to washroom.

Khushi get ready looking at the wall clock and immediately went to wake up Advay in his room. She was surprised to see Advay is already ready and he is playing with Arnav. Khushi was about to leave the room but stops hearing Arnav's voice, "Khushi, wait.. I have to tell you something very important."

Arnav placed Advay on his baby cot with his favourite soft toy and comes towards Khushi. " Let's go to the pool side and then talk."

Khushi nodded her head without any protest, after all for coming 9 more days she is Arnav's contracted wife, so, she has to abide whatever Arnav is going to INSTRUCT her now.

Khushi's inner thought was broken when Arnav clears his throat to get her attention. " Khushi... umm.. ohh.. I have to tell you something very important."

Khushi thought internally, " I know what you are going to tell Arnav.. You will tell about your love of your life, about Liza... I know Arnav and I am prepared now", but she just nodded her head without letting her inner emotions comes out.

" Khushi, today after few hours, around 11 a.m. we will have few guests in our house, The Mallik will come here. Today few final revelations will be there... and I just... I... Khushi, I know I have hurt you a lot and probably, but I promise... Khushi .. I..." Before Arnav could proceed further Khushi completed his sentence..

" I will stand by you today.. As per the contract I am still your wife and I know my responsibility. Don't worry Mr Ray...Anything more?" Khushi asked in a calm and composed voice while eyeing Arnav who was not at all meeting Khushi's eye.

" I think nothing more to say for now.. So, I am LEAVING ,Mr Ray,..." the moment Khushi spoke those words Arnav almost shouted , " What do you mean by you are going? Where are you going? No... You are not allowed to LEAVING..."

Khushi was surprised to hear the desperate voice of Arnav, and he got the glimpse the old Arnav, her King...but immediately cutting her thought she said, " I am leaving downwards only.. As the guest are coming I have to look for the arrangements.." and with that Khushi just exist the room without waiting to hear Arnav's reply.

" I will talk to her, tonight itself..." Arnav make the decision finally to open up.

**********

11 a.m.

Living room...

RM..

The Ray family including Mrs Devyani Ray, Mr Manohor Ray, Mrs Manorama Ray, Akash and his wife Payal along with the Mallik family Mr Arunoday Mallik, his wife Kamini, son Veer , Sheetal Khanna and definitely Mrs Subhadra Mallik were present in the living room. Both the Ray seniors and Mallik's are confused why Arnav had suddenly invited them and gathered all of them in the living room in a Sunday ... All of them were waiting for Arnav to come and soon enough their wait was over. Arnav Ray comes down along with Aman Majumder and Khushi and the moment they come down Subhadra Mallik asked irritated, " Why did you called us Arnav? What was the emergency you were talking about?"

" Wait Mrs Mallik... I will definitely tell you the reason, that's why I am here ...just keep patient for few more times." Arnav said looking at Subhadra who squirm under his piercing gaze.

" By the way, where is my Nephew Advay? You won the custody case Arnav, that does not mean you can erase the relationship I share with Advay." Sheetal said in her sickening voice.

" First of all Ms Khanna, it's AR for you, not Arnav... and yes, I am his legal guardian so I can decide with whom he will meet and whom he will avoid." Arnav's cold voice was enough to shut Sheetal's mouth.

" Where is Advay? I want to meet with my grandchild.. You cannot deny that Arnav." Mr Arunoday Mallik spoke for the first time.

" What is the hurry Mr Mallik ... but before that I just have one question to you, you know, this question is bothering me from since forever.. Why do you hate your own children so much Mr Mallik? Why you hate Me and Anjalidi so much, that even you become ready to plan murder for us?" Arnav's cold, dominating voice make everyone silent in the living room.

Arunoday just adjusted his coat and said nothing.

" I am waiting for your answer Mr Mallik... why you hate us so much?" Arnav asked again.

" I don't understand what you are trying to say, but you are assuming things.. Why should I try to kill my own children? And it's unfortunate that Anjali is no more but that was an accident." Mr Mallik replied while keeping his gaze on Arnav.

" Sorry to burst you bubble Mr Mallik, but my investigating team gave me a new lead which said that the car in which me and di were travelling were already tampered. Car's breaks were failed. Initially I thought it was done by Veer due to his jealousy but the story seems different." Arnav said not losing his calm for a second now.

" What do you mean by that Arnav? Are you deliberately insulting me after inviting us in your house? In that case I will leave, in fact we all leave.." Mr Mallik was about to get up but Aman Majumder interrupted..

" No.. No.. Mr Mallik.. Why so hurry... there are so much left to talk... But before everything let's just hear your answer of the question Arnav had asked.." Aman said taking the empty chair beside Mr Mallik..

" Yes, let me repeat the question again, why do you hate your own children so much? Your own blood ?" Arnav asked this time raising his voice and Arunoday finally lose his calm..

" Because neither Anjali nor You were my blood.. none of you are my biological children...that's why I hate you..." Mr Mallik shouted earning gasps from different corner of the living room.

" What are you saying Arunoday? How can you accuse my daughter something so nasty? Chi... You were never loyal towards my daughter Ratna and now you are saying that..." Devyani Ray broke down watching the way her once son in law is tainting the character of her deceased daughter.

" Yes... That's true.. Ratna had an affair and both Anjali and Arnav are the result of that affair..." Arunoday said while his voice broke later...

" And what proof do you have Mr Mallik?" Arnav's compose voice after so much accusation on his mother made everyone wonder that there is something very serious going to reveal now.

" My mother told me.. She told me that she had seen Ratna with her lover and heard her conversation with him about..." Arnoday was cut off by Arnav again..

" Your mother?? Which mother? How your mother can tell you when she died after one week of your birth due to food poisoning?" Arnav said again everyone gasp loudly..

"What is actually going on..." This was the exact thought of everyone's mind except Aman Majumder who along with Arnav knew the whole truth.

" What do you mean by that? My mother Is Subhadra Mallik.." Arunoday said in uttered confusion.

" Ohh.. Really?? So, sorry that you still don't know about the truth... Mr Mallik, Your mother's name is Sunaina Mallik who died after one week of your birth due to food poisoning.. and you know about the co incident, that time your father was out of town due to some emergency work.. Because with your mother, her best friend was staying after her delivery... she is Subhadra Devi Upadhya.. But I wonder, why you did not know the truth that Subhadra Devi is your STEP MOTHER??" Arnav said smirking while his eyes were on Arunoday whom seems totally confused and shocked after knowing the truth...

" If your mother is so honest, then why did not she ever uttered the truth to you?" Arnav asked.

" You are lying, Arnav is lying, Right maa?" Arunoday looked at Subhadra and pleaded to deny abut Arnav's accusation.

" He is telling the truth only..." It was Devyani Ray who replied while Subhadra could not meet Arunoday's eyes.

" Okay... o..ok..ay... so, what? My maa always loved me dearly, she never ever make me realize that I am his step son.. maybe she had hidden the fact because she never wanted to hurt me.. right maa??" Arunoday was desperate to get the answer from the lady, whom he consider as his mother and respect and love for eternity.. For whom, he can do anything.. infact he always believe her words blindly...

"Maa.. Why are you so silent?? Tell me maa... you wanted to protect me that's why you never told me right? You loves me so much that..." But before Arunoday could complete his words the sharp voice of Subhadra Mallik stops him in mid way..

" No... I hide the truth from you not because I love you, but because I HATE YOU... I HATE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART... YOU KNOW WHY, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE SYMBOL OF SUNIANA'S WIN OVER ME... and Arun, another important thing...Now that I had successfully destroyed Sunaina and his son, I mean your life, I will tell you the truth now....I lied to you that Ratna cheated on you.. Basically Ratna always worshipped and loved you only, she loved you more than her own self.... and Anjali and Arnav are Your BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN..." Subhadra's voice boomed in the living room making everyone froze in their place.

There was a pin drop silence all over the living room...No one is dare to say anything after the revelations..

Arunoday Mallik was sitting like a statue with the intensity of shock... only he can heard the shattered sound of his heart and many more things at once..

Sounds of his broken life ..

Broken trust...broken love...broken illusion.....

To be contd.....

*********

Author Note:

Hello My lovely readers...

Here is the next chapter of this story..

So, revelation started.. Many readers had asked why Arunoday hates his own children?? Your wait is over.. The truth will revealed completely in the next part..

And what do you think about our Arnav and his decision to talk with Khushi? Will he be successful or not?

Hope you are enjoying...

Expecting your response ....

My other works name, " Another chance", and " Rising phoenix".

There are three OS and two TS which are completed. Give them a try too. And " Sweetheart" also completed... give it a try who did not read it till now...

Love and regards...

Your story teller

Mamree

13.03.2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

700K 43.8K 47
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...
10.4K 538 8
A second chance at love
660K 46.6K 99
AN ENGLISH NOVEL! ✨An Endearing Adherence!!!✨ #1 in doctor (out of 26K stories) #1 in husband (out of 11.4K stories) #1 in forcedmarriage (out of 4.9...
0 2.3K 5
#1 in Romance on Oct 2018...#6 out of 7K in 2017 on March 2019/ . A heartfelt thanks to All for making it happen... A Story of a man who broke all th...