RWBYK 2: The Light of Kings

By SonicBlade40

After few months had passed since the events of Vol 1., Team RWBYK is back and ready for their second semeste... More

Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
Chapter 2 - A Plan Comes Together
Chapter 3 - A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 4 - Paint The Town
Chapter 5 - Roses and Requests
Special: A RWBYK Christmas
Chapter 6 - Old Tragedies
Chapter 7 - Vanitas
Chapter 8 - Secret Origins
Chapter 9 - Reveals in the Heart
Chapter 10 - Extracurricular
Chapter 11 - Red and Blue
Chapter 12 - Dance Dance Infiltration
Chapter 14 - Search and Destroy
Chapter 15 - Mountain Glenn
Chapter 16 - No Brakes
Chapter 17 - Dark Breach
Chapter 18: Finale - The Light Awakens

Chapter 13 - Field Trip

1.1K 13 27
By SonicBlade40

Hey Everyoooooone! It's Stormy here. And welcome back to another episode of RWBYK: Tale of the True King! Got the inspiration enough to do the update ;) (Wink) Volume finale is nearly coming up again, and guess what? I've got something planned that hopefully you'll all like. So anyways, let's get started!

XXXXXXX

[The Next Morning - Beacon: Team RWBYK's dorm]

Ky slowly opens his eyes as he woke up, hearing a small little moan from Ruby, who slept next to him, nuzzling against his chest sound asleep and smiling. He gave his own little smile as he rubbed her head affectionately. He then checked the small clock on the stand, and saw they had a few minutes before they had to head to Ozpin's office. He looked down at the sleeping form of Ruby, and decided to wake her by poking her head lightly.

"Ruby." He poked a little harder, still sleeping. "Rosebud~." He then got an idea. "Ruby, if you wake up, I'll make you some cookies today." He said with a knowing grin. Ruby in response tackled a sitting up Ky, who gave an "ompf" from it. She smiled at him.

"Really?" she asked with puppy eyes. "You promise?"

Ky chuckled at her before he placed a hand on her face affectionately.

"Yeah." He said leaning a little close to her face. "I promise." she smiled in relief as she melted into his hand.

Ky then took that moment to quickly kiss her, getting a small squeak in return. "So worth it."

Ruby looked away from him, her silver eyes fidgeting as she thinks. She quickly grabbed his shirt and pulled him into another, deeper kiss that lasts much longer than the first one. When they break off Ruby giggled, blushing and giddy.

"I... I kinda like kissing," she shamefully admitted.

He kisses her forehead and chuckled. "Yeah... you're not too bad at it either."

Ruby looked at the clock and jumps out of bed. "Well! Let's get going!" she said enthusiastically as she zoomed off to get dressed.

Ky shooked his head and his girlfriend's antics. "Man, she's definitely going to keep me on my toes." He chuckled as he hopped off the bed.

XXXXXXX

[Ozpin's Office]

Inside the office, Ozpin was sitting in his desk drinking his coffee, Glynda stood next to him with crossed arms, and Ironwood stood in front of the desk.

"They were here..." he then angrily slams his fist on the table, raising his voice. "Ozpin, they were HERE!"

"We are aware of that! Thank you James." Glynda said, annoyed at his outburst.

"Fantastic! You're aware!" he said with his arms spread, then looks at Ozpin. "Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!" Suddenly, a ring is heard in the room, indicating someone is in the elevator.

"Come in." Ozpin stated. The door opens to reveal Ky and Ruby, back in their casual outfits and with their weapons on their respective shackles. Ruby sheepishly rubs the back of her neck as Ky shakes his head a little, the two of them exiting the small space and standing a few feet from the trio.

"...We would've been here a little sooner, but..." Ky started.

"Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here..." She quickly paused to explain herself. "It wasn't me."

"Fibber..." Ky muttered. "Anyways..."

"Yes. Thank you for coming, Ruby, Ky. How are you two feeling?" Ozpin asks, ignoring the little witty remarks that just occurred in front of him.

"Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three though..." The scythe girl admits. "At least I made sure not to fight in those stupid high-heels. Still don't get how Weiss fights in those..."

"Otherwise that ankle breaking thing might've actually happened," Ky snorted.

Ironwood's gaze went over to the blunette when suddenly, he saw, only for a slow second, a shadow of another figure that he was reminded of. A taller and older man with startling black, spiky hair. He had a a black jacket that he keeps unzipped with skull-motif buttons, zipper tag and sequin details on the pockets. Underneath, he wears a steel gray shirt with skull prints. He wears black cropped trousers and black buckled boots with red soles along with a black motorcycle glovelet on his left hand.

'Noctis?' The General thought as he blinked, and saw Ky standing next to Ruby. He wondered who it was he was seeing there, but then shrugged it off, and realized he needed to foucs on the task at hand.

"Ahem." Ironwood coughed. "Anyhow, back on to the topic. Ruby, Ky, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you two did last night was exactly what being Huntsmen and Huntresses was all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could."

"Oh... Thank you, sir." Ruby nods as he pats their shoulders. Ky raised an eye brow as his right hand touched his shoulder.

'...His hand feels...hard. And cold.' He noted, not letting it show on his face however.

"Now, the General here has already informed us of the events that...transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you two had anything to add." Ozpin starts.

"Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?" Glynda goes on, beginning with her questioning.

As Ironwood steps back, Ky and Ruby give each other a look, as if asking each other if it was alright to disclose this information. With a confirming nod, Ruby speaks out first.

"Well... I... She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to Ky and I. But I know she fought with glass, though I don't think that was her Semblance. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked." She started. Glynda raised her eyebrows in response.

"Hmm. Save for the glass, that seems like the woman I first fought with when I encountered Ruby and Ky." She admitted. The blonde could see from the back of her eye of Ironwood's interested expression.

"Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone." The tall man proclaimed.

"Now that I think about..." Ky added. "When she was attacking, her weapons seemed to combust every time she changed them into something else. So, I believe that she was using some sort fire semblance to melt the glass into anything else she wants."

"Wait. What if she's connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" Ruby goes on. "You guys did find out what she was doing in the CCT in the first place, right?"

"...Now that you mentioned it. It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together." Ozpin says. Ky however noticed a slight change in his tone of words for a moment.

'...Is he lying? For Ruby's sake? Oh...I see.' He wondered. He narrowed his eyes as he stepped up.

"Actually... Actually, I... I think we remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast. Just outside the Kingdom. It was...right before she left, yeah..." He slipped out. Ruby looked at him, smiling in surprise.

Ironwood and Glynda looked at each other with confused looks, but Ozpin smirked a little as he folded his hands together. It seemed like he noticed his little ruse, and began to understand what he was trying to get at. He stood up, placing his arms behind his back.

"Interesting..." He merely says, continuing his facade.

"Wait, I thought Ruby said that she-" Glynda was about to retort, but Ozpin steps up in front of her, interrupting her question.

"-Thank you for you cooperation, you two." He finished. "I think we should be able to take it from here. You can both go and spend some time with your friends now, if you'd like. After all, you have a big day ahead of yourselves."

"Sure do. First missions as Beacon students! Woo! Now I'm pumped!" Ky cheered, throwing his fists into the air.

"Glad we could help," Ruby bade in farewell as she and Ky made their way to the elevator.

"Oh, and Miss Rose, Mister Virtus," Ozpin called out, getting the couple's attention once again. "Please try and be...discreet about this matter, at least for now. We wouldn't want anyone getting worked up if this turns out to be nothing."

"Yes sir," Ruby and Ky both nodded, and with that, the two finally departed from the office, only exchanging a low-five once they were out of the other three's sights.

XXXXXXX

[A Few Minutes Later...]

"Well, glad that went better than expected." Ky said beside Ruby as they walked down the stairs from the tower. "Looks like all that worry about Iron-Man was for nothing."

"Heh, yeah, I guess you were right." Ruby nodded. "I didn't have anything to worry about."

"Stick with me, Rosebud. I'll never steer ya wrong." Ky chimed with a coy grin.

"Hey! I can be right about things to, Mr. Smarty-Pants!" Ruby said, leaning into him and bumping him playfully.

She watched as his eyes narrowed, his lips pulling at a smile. "Hmm, I don't know. I'm pretty sure you've been wrong about plenty of things."

"Blasphemy! How dare you challenge the never defeated Grimm-killing champion!" She raised her arms in triumph. Her eyes were locked onto his now, a bright, playful grin plastered on her face.

Ky's head tilted to the side, looking at her in that way that she could finally admit she really liked. She loved it when she could do something silly, be herself, be ridiculous for a little bit, and instead of shooting her a look of embarrassment, he would shape that endearing little smile of his and sometimes even join in.

"...You've only won that one fight you realize."

"One victory and zero losses! That's still 'undefeated' status technically!" She raised her arms higher.

"Hmm..." She watched as he moved in a little closer to her. "Well...my response to that is..."

Suddenly, the bluenette's finger was poking into her armpit.

With a loud squeak the girl hopped away, her arms rapidly pinning to the sides of her torso.

Ky's laugher rang out next.

A bit red in the face, a devious grin crossed the girl's features. "Oh yeah? You wanna play dirty?" She took a step forward, her arms in a ready position, her fingers wiggling dangerously.

"You'll have to catch me!" Ky laughed and then took off through the courtyard with Ruby chasing him.

"GET BACK HERE!" the red haired female roared with comic flames in her eyes.

The chase continued all the way back to their dorm and once he reached the door, Ky skidded to a halt, as a result Ruby kept running and ran smack into him and she fell back on her butt.

"Now you stopped..." Ruby panted. Ky smirked before he helped the girl to her feet.

"Now, it's one victory and one lost."

"Yeah, yeah." Ruby pouted as she used her card. "I'll get you next time."

She opened the door, soon the rest of her teammates and Aptus zoomed at both of them as they all looked with curious and excitement.

"What happened!?" Yang said excitedly as Ruby nervously laughed.

"Uh... well, um..."

"Nothing serious, they just needed a few things answered." Ky said with a shrug.

"Like what?" Aptus asked.

"...Um..."

XXXXXXX

[Back with Ozpin, Glynda, and Ironwood]

"Well there we have it. We send as many troops as we can to the southeast, find out exactly what's going on, and eradicate any forces that stand in our way." Ironwood declared as he stood tall.

Glynda growled in frustration. "Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado!? You treat every situation like it's a contest of measuring di-!"

"Glynda!" Ozpin almost shouted, more like a warning towards her.

"Well he does..." Glynda said folding her arms and looking away.

"She's right. As much as I too would love to end this situation once and for all, we must remember that this may go beyond Vale. Beyond Beacon. And if this truly is part of some master plan for which we know not the final move, we mustn't be so bold. Nor can we risk the spread of panic." Ozpin said shaking his head.

"I have served you faithfully for years... but if you mean to tell me that your plan is to really hold the defenses, and wait-!"

"It is not!" he said abruptly as he stood up from his chair. "You're a general, James. So tell me, when you prepare to go to war, which do you send in first? The flag bearers, or the scouts?" Ironwood looked at him blankly for a moment as he looked away.

XXXXXXX

[Back with Team RWBYK and Aptus]

"Wow, that's what happened?" Aptus asked after Ruby and Ky told everyone the whole story.

"I can only imagine how much pressure this is putting on the professors." Ky said while looking down.

"That was a risky move." Weiss stated. Blake cupped her chin, smiling a bit

"No, I think you handled it quite well." Blake assured. Ruby slouched a little.

"I hope so..." The crimsonette said as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Everything will work out alright Ruby." Yang said as she patted Ruby's back, then lit up suddenly. "Oh! I'll know what will cheer you up!" she then walked to the table and pulled out a cylinder package.

"What's that?" Ruby asked with a head tilt.

"I dunno yet, but Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it together!"

Ruby squeals a little. "Something from home!" she tried to take it away from Yang, but another cylinder looking thing fell out of it, but it was black and...hairy? Aptus furrowed his eyebrow as he walked towards the group.

"What the...?" He muttered.

It started to shake until till it formed into some type of black and white dog, a Corgi to be specific. The group leaned in. Ruby and Yang with more of an excited look as Weiss and Blake gave confused looks. Ky and Aptus looked surprised at the small dog in front of them. It looked at them as it barked twice happily.

"WAAA-AAAH!" was the reaction of literally everyone else, though Blake's seemed a little fearful than the others, while Ruby and Yang were especially excited.

"ZWEI!" Ruby happily cheered before scooping the dog up into her arms, letting it happily lick her face the minute she had him. "Aw, I missed you, too! Ah, st-stop it! Ahaha!"

"He sent you a dog!?" Blake asked, very confused and...keeping her distance from Zwei

"In the MAIL?!" Weiss added on, incredulously.

The next thing anyone knew, Aptus had swiped the package that Zwei was in from Yang and examining it closely as he asked, "How'd he even get the pup in this thing? There's no way it should be possible for a dog, that size or otherwise to fit in here."

"Oh relax. He does stuff like this all the time." Yang casually said as Zwei continued to lick Ruby's face.

"Your father or your dog?" Blake asked, prompting a few of the group to turn to her, only to realize that she was not standing next to them anymore. Another quick inspection of the room soon allowed them to see that she had actually perched herself up on Ruby's bed, while she eyed Zwei like she was expecting him to attack at any second.

"Shadow-Cat, what're you doing up there?" Ky asked in bewilderment.

"Nothing. Just...finding a more comfortable spot to sit in," Blake tried to play off.

"On Rosebud's bed?"

"...Yes. Why else would I be up here and putting distance between me and the little mu-Zwei?"

"Oh my Oum!" Ky could not help but chuckle. It just seemed too funny to him when he figured out why Blake was really up there right now. "You're scared of Yang and Ruby's dog, aren't you?"

"No I'm not," Blake denied far too quickly.

"You are! You're totally scared of him," Ky insisted.

"Shut up! I am not," Blake insisted, but the way her bow flattened while her face turned red were both obvious clues that spoke volumes of both her embarrassment and how honest she was being.

"Okay then, come down here and say hi to Zwei," Ky challenged.

Blake took a quick look at the corgi and scooted further back in her hiding place before she said, "No. I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because I just don't."

"And you're scared."

"I am NOT!"

Weiss then leaned over at the little dog. "Are you telling me that this mangy...drooling...mutt..." She began, but after staring at Zwei's happy little face for just a few seconds, she ended up changing her tune in a very unexpected way. "...is going to wive with us forevah? Oh yes he is! Yes he is! Oh, isn't he just so adorable!"

"...Wow. I did not see that coming," Ky finally admitted after watching Weiss cooing and petting Zwei for a few more minutes.

"I don't think any of us did," Aptus told his friend. "I'm just going to go back to figuring out how someone could get Zwei into this cylinder now, seeing as I'm the only one who seems to care about that."

Suddenly Zwei suddenly perked up, leapt out of Ruby's arms, and quickly bounded over to Ky. Upon reaching the Keybearer, Zwei started sniffing at his feet for a few seconds, while slowly circling him. After letting Zwei continue his run around of his person, Ky finally just knelt down and held his hand out to the corgi, letting Zwei stop sniff him a little more before he finally began going between rolling over and running around in a circle a few times as he barked at the boy.

"Aww, you like me boy?" Ky asked as Zwei barked happily to show his approval before he leapt up into Ky's arms and began licking his face, much to Kys laughing amusement. "Aw, yeah, you're just a good little puppy, aren't you? Who's a good boy? You a good boy, Zwei? Yes you are."

Ruby could not help but grin as she rushed over and wrapped her arms around both her boyfriend and her dog, happy to see that the two were getting along so well, while Yang just smirked knowingly as she declared, "And like that, Ky's two-for-two."

"What do you mean?" Aptus asked, unable to keep his curiosity at bay any longer.

"A while back, Dad and I trained Zwei so that he could help judge any potential boyfriends that Ruby might get. Ruby loves that little dog of ours, so anyone who didn't show as much love for him as she does was likely going to get the boot," Yang explained.

"Right. What was he going to do? Bite Ky's hand and then pee on his shoe," Aptus humorously questioned while he continued looking the cylinder over.

"As a start. Did I mention that Dad and Uncle Qrow would sometimes bring Zwei with them on some of their missions as huntsmen, meaning that he's more than capable of fighting with us," Yang playfully questioned with a knowing grin.

"Really?" Ky said in bewilderment. "Then you guys are going to love Po!"

"Po?" Ruby asked tilting her head. "Who's that?"

"Oh." Ky then pulled out his Scroll, going through a few things on it before showing the girls the picture of a plump creature that resemble a cross between a cat and a dog. It has a point at the top of its head, and its eyes resemble plus signs. It has a dog-like muzzle, spots on its side, and pointy ears. There is a small ring of color on its legs, separating its legs from its paws.

It had a white underbody and muzzle. The top half of its body was blue in color, but can be changed using , and its blue ears possess black tips. Its rear end is black, and its stubby black tail has a pink tip. Its legs were black at the bottom with a pink band wrapping around the middle, and a short pink tongue hangs loosely out of its mouth. It has a small purple nose in the shape of an upside-down triangle, and it sports a short pink horn on its forehead. Three yellow spots decorate its sides, and the pupils of its circular black eyes take the shape of crosses.

(Ignore the marking on it's chest)

"This is Po." Ky grinned widely. Ruby's eyes sparkled at the picture.

"OH MY GOSH! IT'S SO ADORABLE!!!" she squealed. "Look at its cheeks and stubby legs!"

"Please don't let him near my belongings." Blake said simply as she continued to avoid the dog.

"Hey look a note!" Yang said as she pulled one out from the canister. Ruby puts down Zwei as he ran over and rests its paws on the bottom bed looking up at Blake, who is moving around like a cat usually does when a dog goes near them. He soon runs back to in front of Yang as she reads the note.

"Dear girls, I've got to leave the island for a few days, so I'm sending Zwei to you to take care of. Enclosed is all the food you should need. Love you both, Taiyang."

"Heh, like there is any food in-" Aptus tried to say until Yang put it upside down and a dozen of dog food cans pour out on top of Zwei. "...Never mind then."

"What's he gonna do with all that?" Weiss asked, considering there is no can opener...until one fell out a few seconds later.

"Would all first-year students please report to the amphitheater?" Glynda said over the intercom.

"Well, that settles it! Come on guys, Zwei will be here when we get back!" Yang said as she walked towards the door. Blake, doing her best to avoid Zwei chilling in the pile of canned food and panting obliviously, jumps onto a desk and runs out the door. Aptus left after Yang with a small grin on his face, hoping for a good mission to take.

"Oh, I'll miss you so much, we're going to be best friends, I can't wait to see you, I can't believe how cute you are~!" Weiss said as she was walking and rubbing Zwei's chin, her speech became incoherent baby babbling.

Ky the stretched his arms. "Well, we should get going as well, Rosebud. Come on." He started making his way towards the door, but he then stopped and turned around towards Ruby when he notice her follow her behind.

"Aren't you coming?"

Ruby stared at Zwei for a moment, before smiling sneakily. She picked up a large Beacon bag, and held Zwei in her free are. Almost immediately, Ky knew what she was going to do.

"Ruby...I don't think that's a good idea." He told her.

The crimsonette looked over at him. "Whaaaaaat!? But why?"

"I know Yang said he could fight, but it might be too dangerous for him."

Ruby then went over to the blunette and stared at him with puppy dogs eyes, as her bottom lip quivered. "Pleeeeeeasseee!"

"Guh...!" Whatever defeneses Ky had, they came crumbling down at the sight of the girl's pleading face. 'Could those eyes get any bigger?' "Fine, he can come. But he if gets hurts, that's on you."

"YAY!" Ruby cheered happily before kissing Ky on the cheek and running out the room.

The blue-haired teen merely just stood there as a thought echoed in his mind. 'Did...Did I...just get played?' He thought, his left eye twitching extremely.

XXXXXXX

[Beacon Academy Amphitheater]

Ruby was wearing a large backpack as she and Ky entered the auditorium with other students. She then placed it down next to other students luggage before rejoining Ky with their team, who were standing in front of Team JNPR and Aptus.

"Quiet! Quiet please. Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin." Glynda said.

"Today we stand together, united. Mistral. Atlas. Vacuo. Vale. The four Kingdoms of Remnant. On this day, nearly eighty years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression. A war that was about much more than when borders fell or who traded with who, but the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons, one of which being the countless destruction of all forms of art or self-expression. And as you are all aware, that is something many could not stand for. As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself: color. It was their way to demonstrate that they refused to tolerate this oppression, but neither were the generations to come. And it was a trend that was held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort. Which is why today, while the rest of this world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As first year students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional Huntsman or Huntress on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the Kingdom for several days. Others will work the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best." Ozpin said before stepping away as the students all began to file out of the amphitheater.

"Okay, now that was a good speech," Aptus praised.

"No kidding. Almost makes me wonder why he didn't say something like that on the first day," Blake commented.

"Well, look at it this way. We've got a few other reasons to be excited than everyone else," Ky told everyone. "If we're going to be working with a professional huntsman or huntress, then there's a chance that we might be able to snag a mission that would take us into the Southeast."

"Ky's right; this is perfect! We sign up with a mission like that, and we can easily get a chance to actually bring our whole mission to a close without having to wait," Ruby added on.

"Yeah! We'll follow them around by day and give them the slip to catch our bad guys!" Yang agreed.

"Sounds good to me," Aptus smirked in equal agreement, slamming his fist together.

"But there's probably a bunch of different missions to choose from. Where do we even start," Blake asked.

"How about with 'Search and Destroy?' Those tend to take people outside a kingdom more often than any other mission," Weiss suggested as she lead the way to the mission holograms. They made it to one in particular, one in Quadrant 5.

"Here we go! Quadrant 5 needs Grimm cleared out!" Ruby said, pointing at it.

"One problem though." Ky said tapping his scroll. "First year students can't enter that area."

"Aw, really?" Ruby said as she tried to type in her team name, and getting the same result. "Darn."

"Well that's just wonderful." Weiss said with a facepalm.

"Now what?" Blake asked.

"We mail ourselves there!" Ruby said energetically.

"Okay, first of all, does your family have some weird thing in your heads that makes you all think it's okay to send living beings through the mail," Aptus asked as a start off before he got to the main topic he wanted to address. "Second, even if we were to consider going with the idea, there's no way that it would ever work."

"Perhaps, but it is still a rather interesting option," someone suddenly said in defense of Ruby's idea. Turning around, the group was surprised to see Ozpin approaching them with a knowing smile on his face and an active Scroll in his hand as he continued to converse with the group. "Unfortunately, we determined that the concentration of Grimm was too extreme for first-year students. It seems that particular region is rather popular. In fact, I have the sneaking suspicion that you four will make your way there no matter which job you choose."

Weiss, Blake, and Yang stared for a moment, until they glare at Ruby and Ky, the former with a meekish smile, her eyes closed, and rubbing the back of her head nervously. The latter were merely looked away with whistling.

"...Could you by chance, let me go?" Aptus asked. "I'm still kinda new around here." Ozpin simply nodded, but still smirked at Ruby, still looking nervous.

"What makes ya say that?" Ruby said, trying and sort of failing to keep her composure due to her nervousness.

"I'm still curious how you all found yourself at the docks last semester. I'm interested to know how you really learned about a hideout in the southeast. And I certainly wonder why witnesses reported seeing robots, blue flashes and rose petals in a dance club some time ago." Ozpin stated, staring directly at the red and blue duo.

"Well...um..."

"We plead the fifth...?" Ky said with a shrug.

"I doubt I'll ever find the exact answers I'm looking for." he then said with a shrug, but Aptus saw that he knew exactly the answers.

'You are one mysterious and confusing old man.' He thought with a raised eyebrow.

"So how about this: instead of waiting for you all to break the rules, why don't we just bend them?" Ozpin suggested as he lifted his own tablet, and starting pressing on it. Suddenly, Team RWBYK was assigned to the originally First Year Student restricted mission. Along with the team's name, were the two simple words, "FREELANCER APTUS" right under it, indicating he is apart of it as well.

"We won't let you down. Thank you, professor." Ruby said politely.

"Don't thank me for this." Ozpin humbly stated. "Teamwork and persistence have carried you far. But you must understand, the things that await you beyond the protection of the Kingdom will not care. Stay close to your Huntsman at all times, and do exactly as he says. He will be leading you on this mission, and he can have you sent back to Beacon, if he finds your skills to be unsatisfactory... Good luck."

XXXXXXXX

[Outside of Beacon]

"Well, he's one heck of a Headmaster." Aptus commented as he walked with the others.

"You don't say..." Ky said next to Ruby, as they walked hand in hand.

"That wasn't exactly uplifting." Yang said with a furrowed eyebrow.

"But it is the truth." Blake said, looking at her.

"It's gonna be tough, but I know we can do it!" Ruby said with encouragement, and leadership.

"Yeah, this mission is gonna be a like walk in the park." Ky agreed. "You have the two of us in this mission, with a fully trained Huntsman. What else could go wrong?"

Just as the bluenette said this, a student runs past the you and the others.

"Hey, team CFVY is back!" he said as a group of students started to group around said team, walking in a line formation.

"Team CFVY?" Aptus asked confused. "You mean that team above you guys?"

"Yep, that's the one!" Yang chirped. The team, and Aptus, walked up towards the team as a familiar rabbit was walking in the back.

"Yo, Velvet!" Ky called out as said Rabbit faunas looked in his direction.

"Oh, Ky! Hi!"

"Are you okay?" Blake asked in worry.

"I'm fine. I had Yatsuhashi to look out for me." Velvet said, looking at the big individual, who wears a green robe and has a giant sword holstered to his back. Aptus stared at them with a raised eyebrow as he looked them over.

"Are, you the leader or is he?" He asked pointing at her, then Yatsuhashi.

"Oh neither, the leader is Coco over there." Velvet said, pointing at said person, dressed in militia attire as she carried a black suitcase and wore a pair of sunglasses.

"Yeah?" Ky said staring at her with a interested look. "And where is her weapon?" Velvet only pointed at the handbag casually. Ky tilted his head at this. "Uhh, does she whack grimm with it?" He asked A few seconds later, a few students, presumably fans, asked to for Coco to show her weapon. Said person, who only shrugged and applied to do so, nudged the suitcase handle, transforming quickly into a massive black and bronze minigun. Ky stared with slightly widen eyes at this. He then looked at Velvet, even the girls of RWBYK, grinning at him with half lid eyes.

"S-shut up..." Ky said crossing his arms, looking away. "I was only curious."

"Well anyways..." Weiss said, since they were getting off track. "You're mission was suppose to end a week ago! What happened?"

"Nothing happened." Velvet said as she looked away. "It was just ... there were just so many..." she noticed that Team RWBYK gave worried expressions, as well as Aptus. "Oh, but don't worry. You first-years are just shadowing Huntsmen, so you should be fine."

"Right." Yang said with a simple head nod.

"Good luck. Be safe, okay?" Velvet then catched up to her team as the group looked at each other.

"It seems they bit off more than they can chew..." Aptus commented.

"Well, it's to experience these types of things about the world...no matter if you don't want to or not." Blake added.

"We can do this. We've never backed down before, and we're not going to start now." Ruby said calmly, which is a rare occasion.

"Right." Blake said simply.

"Besides, it won't be only us out there! We'll be fighting alongside with a genuine Huntsman!"

"Let's go kick some ass!" Ky cheered with a fist-pump.

"Yeah!" Yang agreed with excitement.

"That depends on who we're fighting with." Aptus said with a small sigh. "If it's Port, I'm putting in earplugs."

XXXXXXXXX

[A minute later...]

The group was now stood there with various stunned expressions, having just discovered who they would be shadowing. Both Yang and Ruby had a look of surprise on their face, Ky was staring dumbfounded, Weiss' eyes were widenend to comical proportions, Blake had a sweatdrop on her forehead, and Aptus was currently trying to fuse his face to the palm of his hand.

Ky's reaction:

(This is the scream Ky is doing in his head)

"Why, hello students! Who's ready to fight for their lives?" Oobleck said with a cheery tone, in what seems to be in a safari outfit.

"Never mind, I'll take Port instead." Aptus said groaning.

XXXXXXXX

And there you have it guys! Another episode of RWBYK finished. So, Thank you very much for reading this. And if you did enjoyed it, please do leave a comment and add the story to your faves cause that would be awesome and greatly appreciated, but if you didn't, please do leave a comment on how I could improve my stories so I could improve myself as well.

Stormy out!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658 28 11
The Adventure Continues, as it's Finally the Second Semister of Beacon for Teams SCLT, JNPR & RWBY, We see our boy Soul realizing his Feeling for Yan...
13.3K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...
5.4K 72 10
Jaune is back for his second semester at beacon. He was gets better and better and now he's in some dangerous mission. Get ready the next adventure.
1.2K 27 14
As Team STAR becomes more settled into their daily routine at Beacon, they quickly realize their time at the academy is only going to get more intens...