The Geek's Game | NaLu Fan Fi...

By Infinite_Midnight

★Modern AU★ Lucy and Natsu are long time best friends. Natsu is the star basketball player and Lucy is a shad... More

New School Year New Beginnings!
The Business Project and Moving In With the Dragneel's
Cheer Captain Tries To Change The Game
A Walk in the Dark...
The Basketball Star and the Cheer Captain?!
The First Game
A Change of the Mind a Change of the Heart
Returned and Ready for Battle!
His Lucky Jacket
Caught! And secrets revealed!
Lisanna's Surprise and Lucy's Triumph!
Sting Eucliffe and Lisanna Strauss Leaked!
Wendy Meets Romeo! And Lucy's Unwanted Family Reunion
Flashback
A Thanksgiving To Forever Remember
She Is Only Evil
Investigation
A Winter Dream, A Kiss of Snow
Hide and Seek: Best Played at Night
She's Off Limits
Sting and Lisanna are a Team
It Happened
Breakdown
A Day in the Kitchen
Christmas with the Dragneel's!
New Year New Surprises
School is back, so is she
Can I Trust Her?
The Darker Side of His Life
An Announcement
Wendy and Romeo?!
Welcome To The Real World
Wedding Bells Ring!
The Rain
A gift for YOU!
A gift for you: part 2
Fairy Tail Watty Awards?!
Voting~
Voting Part 2
Notice !!!
Thank You
Epilogue

Civil Unrest! Natsu is a Star!

31.8K 1K 741
By Infinite_Midnight

Chapter 17 - recap

"Well, in a few months we will be done with school, and I'll have a surprise waiting for you that just might make that statement true," I could feel his smirk.

"Oh shut up you egotistic maniac," the words slip from my mouth in only a soft utterance. But even if they where soft Natsu still chuckled in response. I wrapped my arms completely around him and stood there in the hospital room with him, feeling as if time had paused on that single moment.

• * •

Chapter 18 - Civil Unrest! Natsu is a Star!

I woke up screaming, covered in a cold sweat. I was panting hard, and I felt dried tears on my face. I looked around my room at the Dragneel's mansion, the sad thing sparse of anything to comfort me--including my boyfriend. I groan and flop back on the pillows. At least he would be coming home today.

I stared up at the ceiling, my brain reeling over the nightmare. I quickly shook it off and stood up. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, boots and a a shirt with "Heart kreuz" written across the chest. I quickly changed after showering and brushing my hair back. Running through the halls like I did when I was younger I reached the dinning hall. Victor had left a small tray for me. A small note was tucked under the plate with toast on it.

"Dear Lucy,

Igneel and I have left for an unscheduled meeting. You are Lady of the house until I return. Think of it as preparation for when the house is yours. Take care.

-Lady Dragneel"

I stared at the formally written note. I was Lady of the house?! I sunk into the chair. After processing the fact that I was in charge I began to eat. I ate rather quickly, ready to go visit Natsu. Victor came in and took my tray.

"Victor? Can you take me to the hospital again today?" I ask standing.

"Yes Lady Heartfilia," he responds before disappearing through the door. Lady Heartfilia? Are they going to all call me that? Right as the thought crossed my mind a few maids passed through and greeted me.

"Good morning Lady Heartfilia," they recited softly as they passed. Yeah, they all will call me that. I sighed and hurried out to wait for Victor to take me to see Natsu. When he pulls the car around I get inside and the second I close the door he takes off. Upon reaching the hospital we are surprised to see a huge crowd standing out front. I get out of the car and look at them all confused. But before I can do anything I hurry inside to see Natsu. I get to the front desk and sign in.

"Your friend is getting really popular," the nurse says to me.

"What?" I look at her with genuine confusion.

"People heard his story and now he is really catching fame. Those girls have been out there for hours today. We can't let them in of course, but they have tried none the less," she shakes her head and looks at her computer screen. I finish signing in and head up to his room. I open the door and find him sitting up in bed, looking out the window.

"It seems you are quite the celebrity," I comment, drawing his attention to me.

"I don't know how they even got the story. Who leaked it?" He questions me but I shrug.

"I'm as much in the dark as you are." And then we hear eruptions of screams outside. I race to the window and see the crowd has grown and now there was a news crew.

"Where is your TV remote?" I turn from the window and look at Natsu. He points to the remote resting on the table next to his hospital bed. I grab it and flip on the TV searching for the news channel. I finally landed on it, and slowly set the remote down. Girls where now holding signs and yelling for Natsu. I looked over at him, and he looked a little weary. I remember when Natsu beat the record for most shots in a season of a professional player, and got MVP. Reporters had come to his apartment asking questions not even relating to the story. I folded my arms and turned my attention back to the screen.

"The new rising star in basketball, Natsu Dragneel, is now recovering from a gunshot wound! After hearing his story thousands of fans began expressing their support for the talented young man," the reporter said into her camera.

"Sources lead us to believe that the new handsome rising star in athletics is not single, sorry ladies!" I groaned and flipped off the TV.

How had this even happened?! I put my hands to my temples. Who could have leaked a story like that and made it extremely popular? And why? Natsu grabbed the remote and flipped it back on as the reporter continued.

"Our sources lead us to believe he is dating the well known Lisanna Strauss," I gape at the screen, realizing how it got so popular so fast and why it was even put out there and blown up so largely.

"Here she is now to comment on the situation, Lisanna," the reporter hands the microphone to her, and I ached to run down there and set the record straight.

"Natsu is doing fine now guys! Mainly because I helped him, our love for each other is real--something you can't get if you don't deserve it. And we both obviously deserve it," she giggles.

"Yeah you deserve a good meeting with my fists again," I grit my teeth. Natsu wraps his arms around me from behind.

"Look when we go out there I'll set them all straight all right?" He murmurs that in my ear, his breath tickling it. I nod, and reach for the remote and turn the TV off. He spins me around and holds my face close to his own.

"Don't let them get to you, alright? Those reporters will try," he held me as he told me this.

"Why can't Lisanna give up? Why does she have to have you? Why can't she just move on and find someone else?" I cry the questions that had so long been circling in my head. "Why can't the world stop? Why can't it let us be as we are?" A few stray tears roll down my cheeks.

"I don't know Luce, I'm sorry I don't know," he hugged my tightly.

Later a doctor came in with the papers Natsu needed to sign out with, and his nurse left ahead of time. I left Victor a call giving him all the needed information on the nurse so she could get inside and have help setting up.

When Natsu finished I gave him his lucky jacket to wear outside. He refused it though and pulled on a hoodie. "You are wearing that," he said simply. So I pulled on the jacket and we went to the elevator. I took a deep breath, ready to face this massive crowd of people. We walked out the doors and Lisanna was gone. The crowd was still there. They all cheered and screamed when they saw him. A few reports came up to him.

"Will you be able to keep playing basketball?"

"When do you plan to return to the sport?"

"Who is the lovely girl you have with you?"

"Is she also a student at Fairy Tail High?"

"Wait, is that Lucy Heartfilia, the girl that rejected her own father and fortune?"

Natsu stopped and answered each question calmly even though I was silently fuming about the last one.

"Yes I will keep playing basketball and I plan to return in two weeks. This beautiful girl right here is my actual girlfriend. Yes she goes to Fairy Tail high and I think she can tell you the rest," he handed the reporters off to me.

Before they could all speak I said, "Yes, I'm Lucy Heartfilia. And yes I am the girl who rejected her own father even though he had a high place in society, because even if he had a high place in the eyes of the public behind the scenes he was totally different," I tell them. I'm sure they loved this since I had managed to slip past them so long.

"Lucy! Will you ever return home?" A reporter asked.

"Never," I say bluntly, before pulling Natsu away. I had tears racing down my cheeks as we got in the car. Somehow it could still get to me even after years resenting him. Natsu pulled me against him as Victor drove us home. I was certain the press and fans would only be a new enemy for us to deal with.

• * •

Chapter 19 - A Winter Dream, A Kiss of Snow - Preview

I stood out under the stars, finding constellations and watching my breath form and disappear. The gardens looked barren, but I still decided to roam about it, finding it peaceful under the moonlight. It was silent, a real silence. There was not a sound--I couldn't even hear my heart beating in my chest.

I savored the peace, knowing it would end when we returned to school. Knowing that the drama and problems would only get a kick start. But then Christmas would be upon us, leaving another break to catch our breaths if the world decided to give it to us.

Suddenly a pair of arms encircled me and spun me around as I squealed in surprise and delight. When they set me down I was spun around to face him, Natsu. He had a devilish grin on his face. He was up to something, and I could see it in his eyes.

• * •

Hi guys! Sorry if this chapter is bad! I wrote it all in one go while the idea was fresh in my mind! I hope you still liked it though. Thank you all for helping get the book to 1.5k reads! Like oh my gosh guys!!! Way to make a girl feel awesome, thank you! <3

Okay that's all for now, bye
☆〜(ゝ。

-ՅʉƞƞץǤɪяł

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 1.5K 24
Lucy has been ignored by the guild for a month ever since lisanna came back. Even Natsu Ignores her, he is always with lisanna. The only ones who did...
14.6K 414 14
Lucy Heartfillia is daughter of Jude Heartfillia of the Heartfillia company. After years of being bullied because of her money and body, Lucy and her...
3.2K 92 19
Lucy has been on a quest for half a year right now. What happens when Lucy ends up in Natsu's house? And has serious injuries covering her whole body...
324K 8K 57
Lucy and Natsu are bestfriends and, school partners. they never want to leave each others side. They both have a huge crush on each other. they go o...